Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sleeping Beauty's Rude Awakening

Started by DragonSong, June 16, 2016, 12:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He kept his arms folded and asked childishly, "Why can't we travel when it's dark? I can see just fine without daylight."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"This is the tundra," she replied sleepily. Well, at least from what she'd seen since waking up that's what it appeared to be now.

"It's not about seeing- if it's dark, it's too cold. We'd freeze to death."

visualspice

He gave a grumpy grunt.
"Tundra?" he wrinkled his nose. "Well I hate the tundra."
So.. so there!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"That's unfortunate," Ilona muttered. "Maybe you'll feel better after some sleep."

And she was out, exhausted both physically and mentally after the ridiculousness of the past day.

visualspice

He was going off, muttering about how he didn't like the cold, he shouldn't sleep when...
He blinked over at her as she had grown quite quiet.

"Are you.. are you sleeping?" he asked, daring to approach as he gave her still form a sharp poke.

DragonSong

Utterly exhausted, Ilona barely so much as stirred, murmuring in her sleep and rolling onto her side. Her brow furrowed and she mumbled something unintelligible, one arm tossed over her face.

visualspice

He could not BELIEVE the woman's audacity! How could she simply fall asleep on him!?
"hey!" he angrily poked her again. "How.. are you really just going to sleep.. Just like that!?"

DragonSong

The princess blinked and groaned. "What? What's wrong?" she mumbled sleepily.

visualspice

He growled, frustrated.
"You.. you fell asleep!" he accused.

visualspice

Oh, the nerve of her not to care! He bristled and gave a huff.
"You shouldn't be asleep. In fact, you ought to fall asleep after me!" came his next words, though even he wasn't sure if he meant it. He was in a foul mood, and it seemed he just wanted to be childish.
Didn't he have a right to, though? To be.. childish?

DragonSong

Dear gods.

Was he incapable of thinking of anyone but himself?!

“I am tired,” Ilona snapped. “I am cold, I am hungry, and I am tired. I woke up today to learn that everything—everyone I ever knew or loved is gone. My world is ashes and snow and grief, and I am so fucking tired.”

She rolled onto her side, away from him. “Just...please. Let me sleep.” Her voice was thick with tears, but she refused to let them fall. Princesses didn’t cry in front of strangers.

Well...was he still? If not, close enough.

visualspice

Ehvren went quiet. His face slowly softened, though he still clung to some of his bristly stiffness. It seemed her words finally struck something within him and he grew quiet as it seemed something was playing within his mind.

DragonSong

When he didn't say anything else, Ilona chances a glance back at him over her shoulder.

He looked...thoughtful.

That was new.

With a quiet sigh, she rolled onto her other side to face him, pillowing her head on her arm as she let her eyes drift closed again. "You should try to get some sleep, too," she whispered, her voice considerably softer now—though the grief and exhaustion were still present beneath the words. She was just too tired to hide it.

visualspice

He snorted at her suggestion.
"Sleep if you must."
It wasn't that he didn't need it but... he drew his knees closer to his body and stared out distantly.
"I'll keep watch. This place...I don't know if it's safe enough to simply sleep in."
He shifted uncomfortably, looking around, checking out any shadow just in case it might be....

Might be who? Things were a bit foggy. But he wasn't going to admit to her that he too...

Lacked some memories of things.
Perhaps even... much less than she.

This woman? She... (although it a claim) came from another time it seems and what..
he's supposed to just believe it?

He peered over at her.

She had to be lying.
It made the most sense. Perhaps she was toying with him.

But were those... tears?
He looked away, swearing internally.

If she was...
She was a crying liar.

He felt... weird.

DragonSong

Ilona slept fitfully, but at least she slept. And for the first time in thousands of years, she didn't dream.

She still woke with tears on her face, her throat tight and her breath coming in shallow gasps. It took her a moment to realize she'd been crying in her sleep. Perfect.

She sat up quickly, swiping at her eyes and trying to swallow back sniffles. It would be just her luck if her ornery companion was still awake.

Wait.

How long had she slept?

Sudden panic overtook her and she scrambled clumsily to her feet. Her chest rose and fell rapidly as he breathing tiptoed toward a frantic panting. What if--what if the spell wasn't fully broken? What if she had been entombed in this place, trapped again? What if--what if--

"Ehvren?" Her voice shook as she spun, trying to find him. He was surly and inappropriate and sometimes a little terrifying, but in that moment she desperately needed to see something, anything to reassure her that she had not been lost again.

visualspice

He stayed awake.

The. Whole. Night.

Yep, didn't get one single wink of sleep.
How could he? He was tense, on edge, in some location he'd never been before and...

There was some helpless woman sleeping beside him.

At first he watched her angrily, but he spposed she looked nice enough. Better to look at her than the boring cold stuff. But then...

She started to snore. Just an HOUR before she woke up...
and being he hadn't slept all night...

"OH THANK GOD YOu'RE AWAKE!" he snapped, eyes red from lack of sleep.
"You were snoring like a horse."

He would ignore the fact she sounded afraid upon waking up. Or rather.. be simply ignorant to it all together.

DragonSong

Well.

He was still there.

She supposed that was a relief. Of sorts.

Ilona swallowed back a long, heavy sigh and closed her eyes for a moment, then shook her head and opened them. "I apologize if I kept you up," she said with careful, cool blandness, not bothering to correct him. She'd rather he think she was snoring than weeping pathetically in her sleep.

visualspice

His eyes narrowed at her remark.
"Keep me up? I chose to stay awake." He looked away from her, arms folded across his chest. "We're in a foreign land," he muttered. "Something could have tried to eat our hearts as we slept."

DragonSong

Ilona shot him an arch look, eyebrows raised. "Eat...our hearts," she repeated dubiously. "Well that's certainly...vivid."

And ridiculous. Wasn't it? Or was that just—just something that happened now?

What world had she woken to?

Tags: