Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Do or die! [M]

Started by Medievarad, June 18, 2016, 05:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Limadan pushed through the crowd of people, not in the mood to deal with anyone about now.

DragonSong

The guards had taken off, and Ashir was confined to the back room of Layla's workshop, left to stew and wonder what on earth was going on out in the streets.

Medievarad

(( I'm stuck now. xD ))

Limadan navigated the streets and alley's swiftly, as if looking for something.

DragonSong

Layla had been recruited by the city guard- though it wasn't as though tracking the hulking creature was all that difficult. They caught up to him quickly, and two of the guards called for him to halt, citing arrest.

Medievarad

Limadan rolled hiw eyes and proceeded on his way. There was one last chance for these guards to walk away with their lives.

DragonSong

The guards looked to Layla. Apparently this was where she came in. "Hey. Stop."

She tossed a vial at his back, glass cracking open to release a sort of nerve gas, a toxin of her own concoction.

Medievarad

Limadan glanced over his shoulder at the second time. Right. Their lives were over.

Limadan saw a bottle flying for him. A loud, ethereal hiss, followed by what resembled the smack of enormous wings resounded and the bottle crashed down agains the ground. He was not only impressive, he was fast.

His hand was jammed through one of the guard's chest, all the way to his elbow. "Run, filth."

DragonSong

About half the guards took him up on that offer, taking off down the street.

Layla and the other half remained, though weapons were shaking in their fists. The alchemist glared and threw out her hand, creating a shield around them.

Medievarad

He discarded the body to his side, snarling softly as he stepped forward. "Those meager defenses are nothing to me," he raised his hand, to slam it through the barrier with ease.

DragonSong

Layla's eyes widened and she staggered back a few steps. "Wait!" She raised her hands peaceably. "What do you want here? I- I can be valuable."

Medievarad

"I told you to run[/]," he snarled as his hand shot forward to grip her throat. "What can you offer me of value? Or why would you be valuable?"

DragonSong

"I- I am skilled," she choked you, clawing at his hand. "Potions, spells- ask and I can give you miracles."

Medievarad

"Do you pledge to serve the lady of grey and her alone?" Limadan içquired, his grip relenting slightly.

Medievarad

"Thr lady of grey, the source of my power. The dark mistress who will hold the loyal ones by her side when she takes all to the void," he released the grip on her throat. "Convert or die."

DragonSong

Well, she didn't have much choice then, did she? "I convert, I convert," Layla said quickly, gasping in several sharp breaths as he released her.

A sly glint came to her eyes and she glanced up at him sideways. "Does this lady of yours allow her followers slaves?"

Medievarad

"All are free in her eyes," he replied, folding his arms. "As long as they have the strength to protect their freedom."

DragonSong

"Hmm...That may pose a problem." Layle jerked her head back in the direction she'd come. "My apprentice. A slave. If I leave here, he will be sold again."

She tilted her head as though thinking something over. "Probably better to just kill him then."

Medievarad

"I repeat. As long as they have the strength to protect their freedom. If he is weak enough to remain your slave, so be it," Limadan said. "Then again, if he manages to kill you first," the giant added.

DragonSong

Layla laughed outright, as always underestimating what her apprentice could do. "Ashir? No, he'd be lost without a master. Come, I'll take you to the workshop, er...milord?"