Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Do or die! [M]

Started by Medievarad, June 18, 2016, 05:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

"Vanguard is the correct title," Limadan corrected. "I'm no noble."

DragonSong

"Yessir." She set off, casting wary glanced over her shoulder every few steps.

Upon reaching the workshop, she moved to the cellar door and called, "Ashir! Get up here, we have a...guest."

The young man slowly peered from around the door, hesitating when he saw who was with her, but she grabbed his arm and yanked him out. "This is my apprentice."

Medievarad

"I see." Limadan only retorted, glancing at the hole in the wall he made. "I have a relic to find here, but pack your things. We depart at dawn tomorrow."

Medievarad

"A relic," Limadan answered, glancing down at Ashir. "It is something of the lady of grey. I believe it to be another piece of her armour."

DragonSong

"And we're..." He looked to Layla. "Going with him."

She nodded briskly. "That's right. You heard the man, pack up."

Medievarad

"You're coming with me tomorrow," Limadan corrected. "This shred of armour is sacred. You two are not allowed to even come close to it."

DragonSong

"O...Kay." Ashir shook his head and put his back to them both, setting about what he was told to do- packing up.

Well, what else was he supposed to do?

Medievarad

"I will return tomorrow, be ready," Limadan said as he turned around, walking back thriugh the hole he had made in the wall, the headless corpse still present.

And, true to his word, the giant returned the day after, smashing the door open and walking in.

DragonSong

Layla jumped and shouted, startled, as he smashed into the shop. "You know, unless your Lady has anything against knocking, it wouldn't do any harm..." she grumbled.

Ashir was silent, warily watching the hulking armored creature.

Medievarad

"No time," Limadan said with a soft snarl. "And do not speak to me like that."

DragonSong

Layla gulped. "Forgive me, sir."

That alone was enough to send chills down Ashir's spine. He'd never known his mistress to be particularly respectful to anyone.

Medievarad

"Good," Limadan glanced at Ashir. "I hope you two are ready to depart."

DragonSong

He kept his gaze on his feet, nodding and half-bowing respectfully at the waist before he moved to the cart Layla had him pack with her alchemic supplies.

Medievarad

The giant nodded, turning around and walking out. "We have a long travel ahead of us."

DragonSong

Layla nodded quickly. "Whatever you say, sir."

Ashir just followed in silence, hefting the cart with a soft grunt for the effort.

Medievarad

The people seemed to avoid him quite obviously. Changing their path to avoid him. Even the guards at the gates cast him wary looks as he walked past, into the desert.

DragonSong

"Ah..." As they followed him, Layla eventually broke the silence. "Where exactly are we going?"

Ashir but back a groan. Great. Just great. They were following some crazy person into the desert with no idea of their destination.

Medievarad

"Back to my village. Far away from the desert," Limadan snarled.