Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Girl on the Bridge

Started by visualspice, July 05, 2016, 05:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Zannrick shoved her hand aside,a nd used the moment to try to calm himself. But taking gulps of this rife air did little to help. Reaching into his armor, he fished out some bandages. He grabbed her suddenly and yanked her to him and then forced her to show him her neck.
"Just hold still," he growled, and moved to wrap the bindings. And although the sewer smell was so overwhelming, the bandaging smelled heavily of him and the natural musk his body exuded, a scent only amplified by the hot conditions beneath his armor.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Serena went very stiff in his arms, but she tilted her head back to make the process easier. She winced at the tugging and pressing on the cut, and tried to breathe through her mouth-

Mistake. The rancid air made her want to cough and she had to hold her breath, trembling slightly with the effort it took to hold the impulse back.

visualspice

Afterbthe bandage was fastened he took her hand and pressed it over her wound, roughly.
"Just hold it there to help clot the wound."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

He tested it out with a hiss.
"It's been better." He eyed the woman over, then studied the sewers around them. The rungs were close enough, but he still wasn't sure if he'd be able to climb.

DragonSong

Serena considered their options. "If you climb ahead of me," she said slowly, "I can...spot you, from below. Make sure you don't fall."

visualspice

"That's assuming I can even try to climb," he growled, frustratedly.

DragonSong

She looked him over. Leg and arm...

"If I tie a sling for you, do you think you can put most of your weight on your good leg?" she murmured.

visualspice

He glared at her.
"NOT when climbing up."

DragonSong

She threw her hands up. If she could have shouted, she would have. "Then what do you want me to do?"

visualspice

"Nothing!" he bit. "What CAN you do? See?" he growled, nostrils flaring. "Nothing." He knew she was useless, guilty and of course, a mage! He wouldn't want her help anyway and part of him would rather die down here than accept this help. It was embarrassing enough as it was.

But then a voice came up from the manhole above.
"Hello? Is somebody down there?"
Zannrick tensed and turned to try to peer up it.
"Yes! I've sustained an injury! Call for the city guard for help at once!"

"What? It's hard to hear you! Hold on." and the sunlight flickered to a close as the man's body began it's descent. It was a commoner no doubt, easily deduced by it's lack of fancy clothing. And by the time they were at the bottom he looked the pair over with a frown.

"What is going on here?"
But before he even allowed for an explanation, his eyes went wide as he saw just who was down there.
"L.. Lord Austengarde?"

Zannrick was seething.
"Yes, and I've come to sustain injuries. This woman was being taken to the jail for magical use when it all occurred and-"

The man was no fool, or perhaps he was, but silencing Zannrick in the way he had was not what the mordecai expected, because while he was only half wearing his armor, after having attempted to attend to his broken limbs, it left parts of him open and vulnerable. And the man, who was a desperate plebian, had so much hatred built up towards this exact mordecai that he couldn't miss up this opportunity. So what if the other had a sword? He had a knife, and the element of surprise-

And there it was, Zannrick's eyes going wide as he felt the blade pierce his belly as the man rammed it into him- overa nd over until finally the mordecai had enough sense to react.
He grabbed onto the man's shirt collar with a great fist and smashed their faces together, both men seeing stars, and with his good leg he hefted a well planted kick to his knife baring hand as the attacker doubled over in pain. But Zannrick held onto him tightly, his other, feebler arm trembling over the spilling, hot blood from his side.

"What have you done?" Zannrick hissed. "You have condemned yourself and all of your family to-"

But Zannricker's anger was silenced by a bloodied spit to his face.

"You're going to die, hound." And it was then Zannrick realized the man was fetching for another blade in his garb and in doing so, Zannrick did all he could to prevent it, using his pained shoulder to ram into the man as the two went tumbling down off the stone walk ways of the sewers and rolling until both pair were half in the filthy sewer waters and struggling now for their lives.

DragonSong

For too long a moment, Serena could do little more than stare.

Then she reacted, moving almost entirely on instinct as she threw herself forward and rammed her shoulder into the stranger's side, knocking him off balance and off of Zannrick as she practically fell onto them both.

"Stop!" Her voice was still weak, but she shouted as best she could. "Stop it, both of you!"

visualspice

But her interruption only gained her a sudden sharp blade to her side, as her own blood now mingled in the water. But it appeared all three of them were in for a blood bath as the thick sewer water they now writhing in churned with city bile and blood.

DragonSong

Serena reeled back, panting and yelping in pain.

Instinct took over. Her eyes flashed and she growled, and her hand snapped out to grab the strange man by the back of his neck, flinging him back into the wall behind her as she stood there, breathing raggedly.

visualspice

And while Serena flung the man aside, Zannrick acted quick, pulling out his own blade and ramming the man threw. The man gurgled, tensing and twitching before going limp as the life glazed away from his eyes. He shoved the man off his blade and let him fall into the sewers before he himself doubled over, coughing out blood and clutching at his gut.

DragonSong

Blood pounded in her ears and Serena whirled, growling, furious at being cheated of her kill.

Then she froze as she realized what was happening. The cut on her neck had almost entirely healed, her senses were sharper, she felt strong.

And she hated it. She forced the feeling back, gasping as pain rushed back into her body and she doubled over.

"Are- are you...alright? Let me see..." She took a staggering step toward the mordecai.

visualspice

Zannrick's hands were trembling as he moved his hand away from his wound and scowled at the sight of it.
"My armor, we need to remove my armor. Now."

DragonSong

Serena nodded quickly and reached for the straps at his shoulder, trying to work quickly.

visualspice

He hated that he was groaning, and his body trembling and slick with sweat, which became more and more evident as pieces of his armor began to fall away as she helped him unbuckle. Once his breast plate was dropped aside, the intensity of the wound was revealed, as his entire garment beneath was soaked red.

DragonSong

Serena swore quietly and tried to slip her arm around him to offer support. "If you can move to the wall, you can sit and I can take a look at this."