Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Girl on the Bridge

Started by visualspice, July 05, 2016, 05:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

The jail, of course, had to be further away than he'd like; and a couple of streets had been blocked off due to some internal attacks- ones he was still sore over having happened. But that was weeks ago, and it seemed skilled labor was hard to come by, even in the city;-

But then a meow broke him from his thoughts as he paused, just briefly before trying to wave the cat past. He nearly stepped on the thing to move ahead, but some flea bitten feline wasn't going to stand in his way today. SOMEONE was going to have a bad day. Clearly, it would not be him.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Seeing his expression, Serena suddenly yelped, "Don't hurt her!"

She lurched forward a bit, trying to get between the mordecai and her familiar.

visualspice

She wouldn't get far as his grip twisted her's back; leaving a brush burned bruise, no doubt. He gave her a shake.
"You're my prisoner. Stay in line!"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Serena squawked in surprised pain and ducked her head quickly.

"Rrrrow!"

A different cat seemed to just appear beside the first, hackles raised and orange tabby fur fluffed out to make him look larger. He hissed at Zannrick, then subsided with a low, continuous growl.

visualspice

He tensed his hand on his sword and glared at the cats.
"What is the meaning of this?" Was she using magic? Impossible! Even still.. if the cats were of a magical nature.... he moved to unsheath his blade.

DragonSong

"No!"

Without thinking, Serena grabbed his sword arm with both hands, pressing herself in close to his chest in an effort to keep his attention on her and away from the cats. "Please, they're not hurting anyone, just leave them be!"

visualspice

And just as quickly, Zannrick had her smashed up against a nearby building with enough force to break bones.S he no longer would have his arm, but she'd feel his blade at her throat.
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?" he roared. "I should cut your throat and let you bleed out here!"

DragonSong

Something cracked and Serena gasped, unable to give the cry of pain lodged in her throat.

"P-please," she managed to wheeze out. "Not- not hurting anyone...please."

Hissing, a black tom cat leaped to land on the witch's shoulder, eyes glinting as he bared his teeth and growled at the mordecai.

visualspice

He never had a cat, not that he hadn't  been fond of them in his youth, but even the local farmer's cats hadn't a taste for his friendship; and more than once he'd befallen bad luck around them. So it wasn't just the cat that bristled, but the mordecai as well, and he wasted no time in attempting to heavily back hand the cat off of her shoulder.

DragonSong

Sorren yowled and jumped to avoid the man's hand, taking his claws at him as he twisted toward the ground.

"Stop, please!" Serena grabbed for his arm, trying to meet his eyes. She was pretty sure people were staring at this point, but she didn't care.

visualspice

Zannrick responded by simply pulling her along.
"You'd do well not to summon any more of your pets," he hissed. Thankfully, his armor saved him from any scratches from the fleeing cat. He shoved her along. "Keep walking."

DragonSong

"I'm not summoning them!" she protested, stumbling.

The fact that all tree cats trailed along behind, ears pinned and growling, seemed to negate that a bit.

visualspice

Zannrick might as well have been a cat himself, how bristled he was and it looked as if he himself might be ready to hiss. But he had eyes on the cats, dragging his prisoner along, and keeping himself distracted enough not to notice the work on the sewer on King James lane. The sewer was unfortunately open, and more than man hole in size, and barely had much to protect it from someone not paying attention to stumble into it-

And that's exactly what he did. Who knew if he still had a hold on the fiendish bridge girl, but the sound was loud and his screams were muffled as down the open sewer the mordecai went-

And after sickening noise, there was just silence; silence, and a skewed, make shift fence around the open man hole-
No one was around, but surely someone had to have heard it. The river was nearby, as was another bridge-
Or did the sound of nearby water drown out the mordecai's plight? After all, not many windows dotted the sides of these buildings, for their fronts wereon the street in parallel; Market Corner; so not much activity happened - which created the most perfect scene for the girl to find herself in all alone....
And having to make a decision to run....
Or even care to check on the dumb fool who fell into underground rivers of shit.

DragonSong

Serena was stumbling along, barely paying attention to putting one foot in front of the other, when suddenly the mordecai's grip on her jerked sideways and she found herself stumbling toward the edge of a hole, crying out in shock.

Somehow, she managed to twist away as the man fell, one foot slipping over the edge of the hole before she backpedaled wildly and collapsed onto her butt, staring with wide eyes and a gaping mouth.

...what the hell just happened?

"Well...fuck." She couldn't just leave him! Aching ribs protesting, she crawled to the edge of the hole and peered in, wrinkling her nose. "Hello? Mister Mordecai- Ser! Can you hear me?"

To either side of her, three cat heads popped into view, peering curiously down into the hole.

visualspice

No response came, nor did any of the daylight shed light onto what fate had befallen him. But unfortunately for Zannrick, he wasn't dead. But who knew what, ego aside, would be broken after a fall like that.

DragonSong

"Fuck," Serena swore again.

How was she even supposed to get down there?

Grumbling to herself, she glanced around- the street was deserted- then reached into her sleeve to retrieve a small stone, clear and round and polished to a silky smoothness. A muttered word and the spell embedded in the crystal activated, creating a soft light she held out over the hole in an attempt to see.

visualspice

And what would be revealed was a pair of metal rungs leading deep into the stinky sewer below.

DragonSong

Swearing under her breath, Serena tied her robes up around her waist and started to climb down, saying firmly to her cats, "You stay there."

visualspice

The cats only obliged because well.. it was a sewer and though cats were agile, they were no ladder climbers, and there was no other feasibly safe means down. She'd find it was a long climb down at the bottom, the sewers becoming rifer the lowered she'd get. And there, when the armored mordecai would come into view, would reveal he fell right in the thick of things, his body half submerged in the cities own bile.

DragonSong

"Oh, fuck me," Serena muttered. Breathing shallowly, she approached the fallen man. "Um, hello? Mister mordecai? Are you alive?" She knelt, reaching to touch his shoulder.

Tags: