Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Girl on the Bridge

Started by visualspice, July 05, 2016, 05:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He didn't stir, but the muck did, and a great bubble pushed out from beneath him before popping with swollen, swill air.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Great. Just great. Mumbling curses under her breath, the witch grabbed him under the arms and tried to hoist him to the side, up the small incline of the floor of the sewers.

visualspice

The taste might have been impossible. While Zannrick himself was no hulking behemoth, he was all muscle, a purely trained soldier...
and had the heaviest damn armor around. Bogged down by sewer water,t he poor little witch probably wasn't getting far!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Uff!"

Serena collapsed back onto her butt and glared at the soldier. "You are just determined to ruin my day, aren't you?' she grumbled.

visualspice

The only reply came from the echoed meow from one of her cats from up above.

DragonSong

"Yes, yes, give me a minute," Serena called up. Thom chirped at her and she sighed, rubbing her temples.

The mordecai was unconscious, which meant she should be able to...

Carefully, she stretched her hand out and laid it on his chest, eyes closed as she sent magic scurrying down her fingers to hunt out injury. If she could just patch him up, her conscience would be assuaged enough that she could slip away and be done with it.

visualspice

Her day was not full of fortune. He had been manhandled enough that by the time she went to wave her palms, the mordecai jerked away, gasping suddenly as he was overwhelmed by their atmosphere and soon was on his knees, vomiting, then vomiting again.

visualspice

Instincts had him grabbing her by the throat, but another round of vomiting took him over, and his grip fell away.

DragonSong

Serena tried to claw his hand away, but then he was doubled over. "Hey. Ser." She put a hand on his shoulder. "Do you think you can stand?"

visualspice

Despite being violently ill over the smell, her contact alone wasn't lost on him as he gave a shrill cry and shoved her aside.
"Don't you ever touch me!" he roared.

DragonSong

Serena reeled back, hands raised and eyes wide. "Okay," she tried to soothe him. "Okay, okay....I'm not touching, see? Now, do you think you can stand?"

visualspice

Now he was shaking with disgust and nausea. He bared his teeth, and swallowed back more vomit that threatened to emerge.
"Just.. just stay where you are," he warned, breathing intentional, and slow.

DragonSong

"Alright." She knelt slightly, trying to get a better look at him. "I'm not moving, okay? But can you tell me where you're hurt?"

visualspice

Maybe he didn't hear her. Or maybe he didn't want to, because even as she leaned over him to inspect him (and without making a move to touch him), he still growled at her like a feral dog and cleaved her with his eyes.
"I told you to stay back!"

But even his retort was not met without consequence, as he was still overwhelmed not only by the stench of the place, but the pain that wracked him. Perhaps the heavy armor saved him, or perhaps it made it all the worse. It was hard to say, but others might not have survived such a fall, and though he moved to sit up right, it was hard for even a man like Zannrick to hide any winces fromt he pain that radiated, not only from his twisted leg, but his right arm as well, which was his sword arm, his dominant hand, and was making things hard for him to balance himself as he managed to catch himself just against the wall of the slimy bricks in the sewer.

Shit.

DragonSong

Alright, enough of this.

Serena huffed and scowled at him. "I'm trying to help you, asshole!" she snapped out, unable to be polite anymore. "You can fight me all you like, but that's what I'm doing."

Briskly, she moved toward him and knelt at his side, a hand moving out to steady what she could tell was his good shoulder so she could get a look at him. "We need proper light," she muttered. "And you need to get out of that armor."

visualspice

And that's when a hand punched into her throat as he grabbed her and pulled her close, so close she'd feel his snarling hot breath on her face.
"I gave an order! Did you forget!?" his voice went shrill. "You're my prisoner!" And his grip firmed.

DragonSong

Serena gasped, choked, then did something she'd grown to hate with every fiber of her being.

She used her father's powers.

Strength rushed through her, heady and instinctive. Hands snapping up, she wrenched his fingers from around her throat and met his snarl with her own. "I'm nobody's prisoner now, mordecai, and if I wanted to I could leave you here to rot."

With a sharp breath she forced herself to her feet, taking a few steps back to get some distance. She breathed, willing the demonic energy away. "Now. Can. You. Walk?"

visualspice

There was something about it... something about.. it that had his nose burn and set to bleed, that had his veins feel as if they were itching, burning- but not quite on fire, more like singing with acid that tried to bite his flesh from the inside.

It left him stunned, dizzy even as she expressed such strength from nothing.
And soon hatred billowed up from deep within as he got up, tearing out his sword and using what strength he had to shove her to the wall, blade at her throat and his blue eyes, wild.

"What the hell are you?" he asked, hating that, how weak and pained his arm was, it was shaking as it held it there. But he still posed as a formidable force, even mordecaism aside- he had been a man born to his blade.

DragonSong

She couldn't say she was exactly surprised, but she hissed as the blade pressed to her throat.

Alright. Keep calm, keep calm. She could control this power, it didn't control her.

"I'm a healer," she repeated evenly. "I just want to help. Please calm down, you're going to hurt yourself."

He may be an ass, but that didn't mean he deserved to die.