Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Daughter of Ansgar

Started by visualspice, July 05, 2016, 05:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: This thread is open by requests! If you're interested, please PM me! This features my character, Katahnia.
tags to @Wycliff

There had been a rise in the North, set among the cracks that divided this world. Since the fall of Ahjfeld, and the Duke of Turgall's rebellion, more and more rebels began to band together, forming much larger armies, with much more powerful arms. Before, they lacked the numbers, the discipline and the funds-

But now as rich lords were falling from their cause, and pillaging was becoming plentiful, soon a massive group of rebels began to take up arms, take up positions, and make claims on a leader whom they had inadvertently brought in with them.

She had come as a captive, tied up and gagged. They were about ready to execute her until some began to recognize her- her name, and her aim. Lady Katahnia- the peaceful rebel who spoke out viciously against the Grand Duke, demanding the laws be held true to what they had once been, and that the mages allowed more freedoms, not less, to live in this world without shame.

Irony struck when rumors began to spread, that this woman with gold-fire hair was some symbol of both peace and war- Where as even grander still, she was beginning to earn the title as Daughter of Ansgar.

Though the lady would deny it, those who found out about her past and believed in her true identity as the crystal duchess only used that to emphasize their point-
That she was obviously blessed by the Gods to inherit so many second chances in order to prove herself against the government, to show herself off as one who speaks of good intents and truth-
and to Carry her banner directly into the capital, to demand the Grand Duke call back his army and bow before her...

For as women of power were beginning to rise in this chaotic moment, it was no surprise those of the rebellion would do the same.
And she had an enormous army at her back side, including the shunned supporters of the Duke of Ardal, and those mages fleeing or running from the camps.

Old soldiers sick of hte battle and sick of the hate joined in too, and soon her numbers were so grand she could no longer take her following in with one eye full.

For they were but one voice, made of many. And were someone to tell her so long ago, in a time before the war that she would rise up to make a change, she would laugh at them.

But here she stood, decked out in the finest of armor carved by the most skilled of black smith, holding a spear and blade coated in gold, and an armor that glowed like the sun set. It was a strange feeling, to have the weight of a weapon in her arms. But ever since she had woken up from this world from the next, she'd been preparing for some sort of battle.

Sure, words were strong with her, but it seemed the time was drawing nearer and nearer where she too, might have to take up arms if she ever wanted to confront the army that has killed and slain so many of magics unjustifiably.

But the weapons were discarded soon after she tried them out. Sure she could wield them, but at what costs? It did make her quite the sight, as she paused a moment to observe herself in the dimply lit room of a keep on the western front of Ahjfeld. Strange place to be, in some dead nobleman's keep (and one she had, in fact, known briefly in her years of her life before she froze herself in stone).

But this image of her... Was it appropriate to look like some fierce warrior when all she wanted was peace? She had lost so much to this war; and not only to those who died; but loves lost along the road, and a daughter she knew not where she had been taken into hiding. Sure,s he had heard news her daughter was about, and growing up as stubborn as she was, even without her being that much in her life.

It pained her to think this path made her abandon her own blood, her own child. Was this cowardice on her part? So many years she hated herself for this, and she wondered if her daughter did too. But even to remind herself half the time they were apart, she had nearly been killed or was imprisoned; or had some god awful fate befall her....
The motherly guilt to abandon her child in order to truly protect her was the hardest thing she ever had to do.

She removed her helm and set it upon a table and moved to remove the straps to her armor and let them fall into a pile upon a dusty carpet near the window. She was down to her simple under dress; something much plainer than the armor, or dresses she had dawned worlds back. And she paused a moment to look at herself in the mirror.

She had aged. A strange thing to consider. She had never noticed any wrinkles on her face before. Perhaps it was just as well, the faint crowsfeet were a reminder that time had infact passed and the wars past were unending; and that this time around- time would not stop.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wycliff

"That's quite an army for a messenger of peace, Daughter of Ansgar." A voice echoes from the shadows. From the darkness of the wall behind her emerges a young man with silver striking silver eyes, and short, combed up hair to match. The youth's arms were folded as he walked out of solid matter, a serious expression pasted over his features. "Surely, you can't believe such an army will truly win this war."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

visualspice

His image appeared in the mirror, and a small smile cracked leftward on her lips.
"And surely you realize how uncouth your arrival in a lady's room, unannounced, and without call, will be interpreted."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wycliff

Aven chuckles at the notion. "Easy now, I'm here on business, and privacy is somewhat of a requirement for work such as mine. Doubtful it would be fitting to discuss the intricacies of my plot to end this war in front of prying eyes and ears, would you not agree?" He clocks his head slightly to the left, unfazed. "In any case.m, you seem to have left my query unaddressed, my lady."

visualspice

She smirked before finally turning to him, a hand to her hip as she looked him over skeptically.
"As you with mine. These are dangerous times and I've become somewhat of a name around here." She jested, lightly, but there was still a seriousness to the situation.
"What would anyone in my position do?" She knew where her weapon was, not the spear, but her lightweight blade, resting just to her right, leaning against a slightly opened desk drawer.

"However, I do not believe it is my turn to make justifications, after all, it is not I who has trespassed."

Wycliff

Aven shoots her a wry grin. "Ah, but justifications are all you have been making as of late, irrational medicine for a soul in conflict." He lets the grin drop from his face. "It is true, the path set before you is riddled with haze and impossible choices. That is not, however, any cause to abandon one's convictions." His eyes wander out the window, gazing at some unseen prospect. "I can assure you that in a war such as this, the ends will never justify the means. Calent's regime will not bend to force, not with the full brunt of the Mordecai lined up behind him." He glancing back to her suddenly. "Do not be mistaken, this is more than a simple conflict for control: this is a war for the soul of Connloath, one in which the odds are stacked heavily in Calent's favor. Conventional means will not be sufficient to defeat him."

visualspice

Her lips pursed in thought, her own eyes drifting out the window along with his. She knew he was right, and despite not knowing this man for any possibility of what he was, she felt less threatened after such a statement. If he was a villain, he was well at it, although if he came here to play with her, he'd find another thing coming.

"You know well enough I don't favor war," she began, eyes still outside as she sighed and took a step to turn towards it. "Yet I preach out against a land that revels in it. And have died here," she smirked at the thought. "On more than one occasion." Fear of death wasn't there, but fear itself did still exist. "I don't mean to speak in riddles but..." She turned to look at him now, not through the reflection of the mirror, but to see him stand in this same space as herself. "It would help to know to whom I address, so I know just how to speak and why."

Wycliff

Aven displays a wide smile. "Don't worry yourself, I'm quite the fan of riddle." As she turns to face him, her her words jog his memory. "Ah, how rude of me, I forgot to introduce myself: I am Aven Alveron, a lieutenant of Ansgar's Hand." He sweeps into a regal bow. "A pleasure to make your aquiantance."

visualspice

At this, it earns him a broad smile.
"Ah, a lieutenant." She gave the man a salute. "And one who is here to speak with me against my sudden alliance with an army, yet holds an army ranking himself?" She raised her brows, her words in jest, but she liked the idea of jokingly putting him in his place. After all, he could have appeared when she was undressed... although at the moment, she was in just simple clothing; it might be hard to tell anything of her status or blood line from her common chemise.

She took just a step towards him and bowed.
"And you, though you have already guessed it, have the pleasure to meet with Lady Katahnia Harmond; the very woman behind the myth, and making a legend." She might as well keep playing with the cocky card. Even if he truly were who he said he was, and that much in itself would imply they were on the same side, one always had to remain careful. Especially among friends.

Word had gotten back to her that her cousin had been taken away, to Folkvar, or so she thought, after it was announced she had escaped from Fort Dhagh. Kella Harmond was never seen as that strong of a woman, so it pained her to think that, after escaping and surviving life in a mage camp, some Duke just scooped her up, no doubt to use in efforts to gain power with the crown- or even the crown itself.

Wycliff

Aven laughed, a light, almost carefree sound. "You've got me there, I suppose; but I believe you've misinterpreted my words." He uncrossed his arms, adopting a bit more casual stance. "There is a fine line between the right course of action and a necessary action. We all do what we have to, don't we?" He closed his eyes. "And that's precisely why I've come here to speak with you. You see, in light of such necessary actions, I have taken upon myself somewhat the role of a Kingmaker: and you, Lady Katahnia, are the candidate I would see assume the title. To that end, your alliance with such a grand force is advantageous indeed, though the role they would play is not one of the conquerer." As his eyes reopen, a burning ambition is present with them, accompanied by the strange presence of minuscule black particles that travel out from his pupil across the silvery irises, winking into nonexistence thereafter. No magic can be sensed from the phenomena, almost as if it were biological.

visualspice

The laughter that followed was as pretty as a bell. But she stood back, tucking back a smile and bowed her head apologetically.
"Forgive me but I... can't say much about how people might take a woman as a 'King'."
The jest was in part the fact a King was naturally male (after all, the title would be more aptly queen maker, that was). But joking aside, or rather, joking further more, in a broader sense, the idea of Connlaothians following a woman at all was humorous itself.

"A new age and new ideas, is that what is to become of the fall of our current Grand Duke Allarrick?"
Though her tone was sarcastic, it was still playfully sweet as she smiled at him. "Forgive me for my humor, but... I've seen much from this country, the good and the bad. And we all know there is currently quite a lot of bad..." She mused over it, a hint of sadness sparkling in her eyes as she smoothed a hand down her simple skirts.

"King maker.." she tutted over the thought and looked the man over. "Seems like a heavy task to wield for one who seeks to make another, and a stranger to you, mind you, as a candidate for his well fought for throne."

Perhaps her diversion was her way of dealing with quite the grand proposal and compliment. But it was a grandiose idea if she ever heard one. It fit right on up there with her notions of peace and desiring the whole of Connlaoth to cast aside the whole of its intolerance.

For this, she was intrigued.

"You must be hungry. I take it you've come quite far. Why don't we share a meal and talk a little more over this... Kingsmaker idea." She turned to move, but immediately paused and turned around, pointing thoughtfully at him as she smiled. "But.. you might want to reconsider the title. Queen has a better ring to it." She smiled again, laughter in her eyes before stepping out into the hall and awaiting him to follow.

Wycliff

Aven performed a small bow, following her out the into the hallway, his earnest smile ever present, but the black particles in his eyes long since dispersed. "Why, thank you, I am quite famished." He walks in a smooth glide, rolling his feet as to make little to no sound. "And you are correct, the occupation of a Queen-maker is not one most would choose among the power hungry congregation of nobility. The reason I have done so is simply because I do not believe myself fit to rule, nor do I have any wish to; however, it is imperative to my ideals that a ruler who shares my vision assumes the 'throne', as it were. A new age and new ideas indeed, Lady Harmond."

visualspice

"Curious enough, I can't say I'm entirely surprised one might see me fit to fill such a position, but what if I were to say I don't feel I'd fit such a request? Or that all the duchies of Connlaoth would reject the idea?" She gave him a smile, a sympathizing one, but it might have even been a little patronizing. She noticed the way he was, then again, she couldn't ignore how he ended up in her room, either.

"You know, making great changes may not always start with a change of ruler. Before Calent, it was an action that even brought a man with those ideas onto the throne."