Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Old, Wet Cabbages

Started by visualspice, July 05, 2016, 06:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Tags to @KingTyrant and @DragonSong !

John Johnson wasn't much of a fan of 'The Big City', Reajh, after all, had quite a lot going against it. With piles of shit that lined the streets and sewer grates infront of bake shops, he couldn't understand why anyone would want to work in a place like this, let alone live there.

Even still, he had a bit of business to do, and ironically, he had jumped at the chance to go to Reajh.
"I can't say I've ever really been there before!" he remembered saying, and just where he was headed for and why had him going... "Sweet!"

Perhaps he was a bit too excited to take on this spy mission, but he had been itching to just get outside from where he was. There was too much tension and not enough action, and it seemed those hiding away at 'Home' of the Free Folk remained at a stand still that was eating away at their nerves.

So when he heard about..
"A spy mission? Great! When.. where?" came his eager query, as he pumped himself up with, "Don't forget, I got luck on my side, and you'll need a lucky guy to be able to get this work done!"

Yet, the job wasn't really that glamorous. He was to deliver a cart full of cabbages and get in close enough to check out where there was a warehouse full of black powder. It had been a secret until now, and somewhere along the lines their men had figured out the cabbage seller was some sort of connection to this.

The cabbage seller worked for the crown, and naturally so. It wasn't a golden business, but a wise choice to keep his family afloat during these trying times. ANd he was aged well past his fighting years, and only had daughters who could not join the war.

So cabbages. His aim was to sell cabbages. Get close to the cabbage seller and ruffle his feathers a bit- use his own cabbages to make a temporary rivalry and perhaps potential ally in getting the intel.

Only problem was...
"So... what should I now about cabbage?" After all the trouble he went through helping them plan this little spy operation, the men in charge could not believe he was so ignorant to cabbage.

"Oh, come on! It's not like it can be that much different than like, potato farming, right?"

It took some real work to finally have the group residing in 'Home' to agree, letting JOhn Johnson (also known as 'The Gambler- as he was so quick to remind)! to get his cart and horse and make his way to Reajh.

It was a one man operation- and as JOhn was on his way...
The men left behind began to regret their decision.

"Let's just hope his luck is enough for this," one man muttered.

And so there he was, in Reajh- the city of dreams.

John's eyes were so large as he took int he surroundings that a lot of people were quick to look his way. He was a friendly sort, easily waving at those staring at him and not many would ignore the fact he had a cart full of cabbage.

There was only one cabbage seller in town- and soon whispers began to spread, especially as the new cabbage man was wheeling his goods straight for the bridge market where the other man was setting up shop.

It wasn't hard for John to find the other cabbage seller, and with a quirky smile and hello and 'Nice day we're having!" John JOhnson set to work tieing his horse and settling his cart. And soon he picked up a fist full of crisp cabbage and began to shout, "Fresh Cabbage from the Matron Farmers! Connlaothian born and raised! Get your fresh and tasty cabbage here! Just a half pence each!"

And at such a price... people were actually looking at him and curious.. FOr it was at least five pences for a cabbage from the other man.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

KingTyrant

At the top of the highest building in Reajh, Oblivia walked the dark hallways casually, every once in awhile diving behind cover when a guard would pass. This particular building was said to hold a number of retrieved artifacts of magical origin, created thousands of years ago by mages long before her. To let the Connlaothians lock the items away in a vain attempt at rewriting the past would be an insult to not only the creators of the artifacts, but to her as well. Besides, being able to search this place meant that she would be closer to finding a way to reverse her steady hollowing.

With this, she ascended the master staircase, sneaking through the halls and silently passing through each room as she thoroughly searched for any magical artifacts worth salvaging. Security was tight however, and her invisibility potion had long worn off by the time she had reached the top of the building. She was lucky to have worn black during this mission of hers, as the building was not lit with any lanterns, candles, and especially not magical orbs. This wasn't Serendipity, after all.

She found it quite hard to simply avoid the massive amounts of guards that patrolled the halls and stood in open doorways, so she was forced to... Deal with them a bit more harshly. This usually involved sucking the life from their bodies just enough to make them take a nice, long nap. In any other combat situation, she would be perfectly fine with raising some skeletons and simply killing the bastards, but she was just looking to spy. Death wasn't necessary here. Perhaps Tri had rubbed off on her in recent months... In any case, she'd hate for him to hear that she had slaughtered all the guards in the building and scold her for it the next time he visited.

As she approached a pair of huge, iron doors, a grin spread across her face. It looked important, mainly due to the two guards who were heavily armored, wielding massive halberds that looked sharp enough to dice through thick steel. It was a long, empty hallway and there was no real way around them, so it looked like she was going to have to break her record of not killing anyone so she could get by. She stood behind a pillar, just out of view before snapping her fingers and causing three purple circles of light to appear on the floor in front of the guards. "What the...?" One asked, both readying themselves as tall, horned skeletons wielding axes rose up from the floor.

As she passed by, the guards clashed with the monsters, both of them seeming to hold their own. She faced the double doors, trying to open them only to realize that they were both locked. Wonderful. She looked back at the battle ensuing between the guards and the skeletons, which seemed to be in full force, except two of the three had been slain by them, and the last one wasn't holding up so well. Biting her lip nervously, she immediately remembered a transformation spell which hadn't been too useful except for now. Taking a deep breath, she turned herself into a cloud of thick smoke, slipping between the small space between the doors and entering the room. Turning herself back into a human, it was only then that she realized how dark the room actually was.

She narrowed her eyes, unable to see anything whatsoever. The room was unusually cold, no windows in sight or anything. It was simply pitch black. Waving her hand around the end of her staff, it lit up a bright blue color, illuminating the darkness. All around her, mountains of magical artifacts of all kinds could be seen. A laugh of victory escaped her lips, the woman kneeling and picking them up as she studied them. From effigies to enchanted books, from magical alchemy ingredients to wands and staffs... It was all here. Now she just had to store as much as she could in her satchel before-

"Intruder! Stop right there!" She turned sharply at the deep, booming voice, seeing both guards walking towards her with the doors wide open. "Oh, come now... Do you think those cute little words are enough to make me submit?" She stood, smirking. "It'll take a lot more than that, boys." With that, she swung her staff upwards, a wave of dark purple energy flying forward and hitting them head-on. As they were tossed backwards, she sprinted from the room and down the hallway, beginning to make her escape. As she rounded the corner and began her descent down the staircase, racing past guards who immediately chased after her, her escape had just begun.

It didn't take long for the alarm to be sounded, Oblivia racing down another hallway closer to the bottom of the building, seeing that the staircase had been blocked by more guards. She slowly began to panic as she noticed the hall ended at a window. She looked behind her for a split second, seeing at least a dozen guards in hot pursuit. She bit her lip, letting out a grunt as she smashed the window with a grunt before taking a leap of faith. Luckily, right below rested a cart of hay, which managed to break her fall. Climbing out, spitting out wads of hay and shaking the stray pieces from her dress, she immediately took off into a sprint once again as guards began to charge out of the front doors of the building to catch her.

She could almost laugh out loud at how she had managed to somehow survive a fall that would have killed most people. If the hay wasn't there, she'd likely be crippled, or... Well, dead. It wasn't long before she and the guards were near the market. Great... Lots of places where she could evade capture. As soon as she was in, the first thing that caught her eye were two cabbage vendors right across from each other. She'd normally ask why, but she had no time as of now. She acted on instinct. And instinct told her that cabbage cart = weapon. Leaping over the first man's cart, her boot landing right in the cabbages, she quickly turned and used another wave of energy to propel the cart right at her pursuers, knocking them down like dominoes. "So sorry, sir!!!" She exclaimed at the man, blowing somewhat of a mock kiss at John before being lost in the crowd of people deeper into the market.

visualspice

It was certainly a spectacle to behold. John's body remained as frozen as a pile of ice as he watched the woman dive into his cart, flip clean over it then give it a hard shove to send it rattling into a gaggle of guards. At the sounds of the men groaning as they were knocked aside (and in some cases, a few were clean run over!), he coudn't help but smile- and the smile blossomed brightly when he caught the escapeing woman's wink.

Well, it was quite a waste of good cabbages, but heck- he'd have given them away to her had she asked anyway, just to see that sight again! His eyes followed her to where she disappeared into the street, still smiling with his teeth when he turned around to feel the fists of a man jerk him near.

It seemed one of the men the cart came in contact with was not fond of being run over by cabbages, and his eyes and mouth were flaring unpleasantries.

"Which way did the criminal go?" the man growled, and John simply put both his arms up in response.

"Woah, now wait a minute, I'm just as much of a victim here as you guys. In fact, your faces just smashed up my lively hood! Those were perfectly good cabbage!"

This served to piss the man off even more so than before as he gave John an angered shake.

"Stop fooling around! I saw you watch her!" he bellowed.

Man, the guard's breath was rife. Cringing, John just gave a simple shrug.

"Hey, I was just checking out her ass. Did you see it? It was pretty voluptuous if you ask me-"

Pissed the civilian wasn't getting him anywhere, John was shoved into the street as one of his men barked, "She went that away!" And soon the fallen men were scrambling to make chase down the cobblestones, leaving John to deal with his cabbage mess littered across the street.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

KingTyrant

Oblivia continued to shove past people who spat obscenities at her, soon taking a turn down an opposite road. Looking behind her, the guards had begun to split into multiple groups, one coming down her way. Her eyes widened, running faster as soon as she saw them. She looked around, desperately trying to find somewhere to hide as she felt her stamina running low. Taking another turn, she dove behind a bunch of barrels and waited. Holding her breath, closing her eyes tight and staying perfectly silent, at least five guards rushed past her.

As soon as the chase was done, she got up, brushing herself off and sighing in relief. Had that man with the cabbages bought her some time? She'd like to think so. It seemed to take longer than usual for the guards to pursue her. For some ordinary cabbage salesman wouldn't be that passive with someone destroying their only source of income... Which meant he wasn't who he seemed to be. A valuable asset, perhaps? Walking the way she came, she saw him there, and walked up.

It was only then that she realized the mess she made. The other cabbage salesman looked particularly happy that his competition was out of the way, John's goods crushed and scattered along the road, the half-destroyed cart laying just feet away. Oblivia wanted to be extra cautious with her magic here in public, so instead of picking up the cabbages telekinetically, she simply got on her knees as she picked them up. "I apologize sincerely... My intention wasn't to cause such a mess, I assure you." She promised him.

As soon as everything was cleaned up, she stood, holding out a hand and giving a warm smile, for such a cold woman. Literally. As soon as he touched her, he'd feel how freezing she was. And then that would lead to the same tired stories she had given many times for why she was so cold. "My name is Oblivia. I'd like to know yours." She took a step closer, whispering in his ear. "I'd also like to know the reason for you posing as a cabbage salesman."

visualspice

He couldn't have been happier as he cleaned up the cabbage salad from the cobble stone. But it was slow work, or rather, he was making slow work of it. Even still, he had no regrets, especially when he spied a form squatting beside him and oh..
Look who decided to help.

He kept getting an eyeful of her as he picked up cabbages, but again, his efforts were slow, and even slower now, due to his sightly distraction.
At her apology, he laughed.

"No need to apologize! See?" he went to brush some dirt and pebbles from one of the heads of cabbages. "Good as new!" And he presented it to her as best he could, but one layer of it's leaves wilted, and there was still the evidence of dirt imprinted and bruised across it's surface. "Why, I bet you could make one killer cabbage stew with this bad boy right here!"
Yeah, he was really having a bit too much fun building up the smashed vegetable's potential, but oh...
it seemed to earn him her name, and a hand shake-

But the second their hands touched and his was gripping her's he couldn't help but spit out, "Oh, wow, you're freezing! You'd think, you know, you'd be all clammy and smelly and sweaty or something after all that running you just did!" But instead of it sounding like he was mocking her or pointing out something was off, it seemed it came out more like a child-like exclamation that had his eyes brightening.

"Sweet.. wish I had hands like that.. Though oh wait.. maybe not..."
He laughed in that regard since he had to do a lot of things with his hands-

"But oh, ha! I guess you asked my name. Well, it's not all that interesting, Miss Olivia," he went on, failing to realize he botched her name. "But I could give you three guesses on figuring it out, and you'd probably only need just one!"

KingTyrant

"Um... Oblivia. With a 'B.' Olivia is the name of my tailor. A tailor, I am not." She giggled, smiling. People commonly messed up her name. Could she blame them? Her name wasn't common outside of Serendipity, and still, even then it was a name commonly chosen for royalty. She may have had expensive clothes and a fancy home in the highlands, but she was far from being royal. Although with her emphasis on beauty and manners, it was easy to mistake her for a Queen, or Baroness. All she needed was a silk dress and a crown. A diamond encrusted crown, too. The thought of such luxury was enough to make her drool.

She frowned slightly as he didn't give her a direct answer as to his name, or his reasoning for posing as a cabbage salesman in Connlaoth. Still, she played along, tapping a finger to her lips as she thought about it. "Hmm... The most common names I can think of are John, Bob, and Dave. Am I getting warm?" She laughed quietly, raising a brow. She decided to avoid answering his comment regarding her freezing cold skin, feeling as if any of her poor excuses would be met with strange looks or bursts of laughter. She was a good liar, but there weren't many explainations other than, 'I'm an undead monster.' Why would she want to scare off such a friendly fellow?

A friendly fellow he was. One of the few men she had met that could actually make her laugh! As he presented the crushed, dirt-covered, bruised cabbage with such enthusiasm, she couldn't help but giggle quietly. If she was wrong and he actually was a cabbage salesman, he was the most pacifistic cabbage salesman ever. His only source of income, destroyed and stomped into the cobblestone, and he was jesting as if it wasn't a big deal! She could respect a man like that. It was rather charming. "Thank you for stalling those tin-men for me... The nerve! Chasing a lady halfway across town like that!" She huffed, crossing her arms and pouting slightly.

"Also, my ass is very voluptuous." She murmured after a short silence, showing off her rather good hearing. "Thank you for noticing." She gave him a wink, chuckling.

visualspice

His blush was warm and worn handsomely, accenting his freckles and color if his hair. He had forgotten all about name guessing as he beamed and checked out her rear more appreciatively (being nice and close as they were).

"I'd never argue that."

KingTyrant

Oblivia was begining to get very annoyed with this man's lack of answering vital questions. Here they were, discussing her ass and such, yet he didn't even know as much as his name. She remained calm, however, merely chuckling gently at his visible blush. He was adorable... Much like a small child, but larger. Handsome, too. Still, she probably wouldn't bed with the man, mostly because he couldn't seem to answer simple questions!

"So... What is your name, anyways? I've made my guesses." She smiled politely, not wanting to show her annoyance too much. She kept thinking back to her previous inquiry of him posing as a cabbage salesman, her curiosity getting the better of her in the sense that she really did want to know. In all honesty, though, it really was none of her business at all... Not that she cared, of course.

visualspice

"Well, you guessed right on the first go!" he came back with a laugh. Sniffing, he placed his hands to his hips, eyes still dancing with mirth. "But Bob... really? Do I look like some Bob to you?" He stroked the scruff on his chin in thought about it, making a face. He didn't know too many good (or handsome) men with a name like Bob.

Either way, he extended out a hand for her to shake.
"John Johnson, actually, if you want the whole thing."
I mean, he was kinda getting the whole thing... an eyeful of a lot of things.

KingTyrant

She rolled her eyes. "Oh, please... I was only choosing the most common names." To be fair, he didn't at all look like a Bob. But looks could be decieving. When he did finally reveal his name, she chuckled. "So... You are a John. I was warm, at least." She shrugged, shaking his hand in a friendly manner.

"We're... Not welcome here, us mages... I need to get off the streets. Into an inn, perhaps? Would you know where I could find one of those, love? Perhaps we could learn more about one another over a glass of wine." She smiled, pressing her hat to her chest hopefully. Those guards wouldn't be gone for long. She needed to get out of sight, especially with the heist she just pulled.

visualspice

"Inn?"
He was no fool, but it did take a moment for him to consider what else an Inn could mean. His lips cracked into a grin. "Sure! I know this city well enough! Come on, there's a place not too far from here that we could get a room to give you a little reprieve!"
Well, maybe...., his eyes were dancing a bit as he took in her form more obviously than before.
"And I wouldn't mind any pay back you could afford."
Yeah, the shameless flirting came offa his tongue a bit too easily. Then again, he never turned down having fun with women.

KingTyrant

She placed her hat back on her head, smiling softly as she followed him through the streets of Reajh. As he made his vague suggestion, it didn't take much thought to know exactly what he meant. Her brows raised slightly, and she simply gave a chuckle. "Well... We'll just see about that, won't we, John?" She was no slut. It'd take a lot more than smashed cabbages and sweet-talking to get her in bed with him. He could at least buy her dinner first! Or a drink. That would suffice.

Upon approaching the inn, Oblivia noticed that it stretched up three stories or so. Largest inn she'd ever seen... It was nice and alive tonight, as the inside was illuminated brightly with lanterns and drunks on the inside sang happy, slurred drinking songs, clanking glasses and laughing amongst one another as a band of bards played from within. "Well... You picked a fun place, didn't you?" She smirked at him, nudging his shoulder before walking in.

As she entered, she noticed that every table was packed with at least five men, and the noise was deafening. They were all your everyday Connlaothians. Blonde, bearded, stocky and drunk off their asses. Swaying, singing, laughing and making a general ruckus, Oblivia wrinkled her nose at the stench of sweat and vomit that was always present in packed taverns. As she made her way to the front counter, which sported a very slender, unenthused bartender with mutton chops and a comb-over, one of the drunks quite roughly smacked her ass.

She gasped, glaring back at him and gripping her staff tightly. She jabbed him between the eyes with the flat end, the drunk grunting and falling back in his chair, hitting the floor with a thud. The other men laughed, one standing in front of her, licking his mustache menacingly. "Feisty one, aren't ye?" She glared up at him, not at all scared, but knowing fully that she couldn't use her magic. It was moments like these which made her wish she hadn't left Vaan at home. The thing was, the big hunk of metal was just too big and noisey for stealth missions! However, right now, he'd be super useful...

Hopefully, this John fellow wasn't too much of a scaredy cat... She could really use some protection which didn't involve stealing a man's soul and using his corpse as a guard dog. 

visualspice

The motion was as casual as his voice as he draped an arm over Oblivia's shoulder and gave the mustached man a cheeky grin.

"Fiesty is why I brought her with me!" he informed the man with a laugh, which made him step back some to look the situation over. He snorted, seeing how John himself was not that imposing of a man, and if anything, looked about as easy to bowl over as the daisy's in the garden. He was lanky, with no huge muscles; he was no soldier.

John was easily ignored as the man dared to step nearer to her as he asked, breath foul with drink, "Why don't you leave that flan bodied freckled no beard aside and come over to have a drink with a real man?"

KingTyrant

Oblivia's eyes widened as he put his arm around her, gritting her teeth in anger. Was she just going to be manhandled left and right on her way to the bar? She would've socked John in the mouth, if he hadn't obviously been trying to help her. She knew what game he was playing, and with that, put on a mock smile.

She turned her head to look at John with almost sugary-sweet eyes, wrapping her arms around his waist and laying her head on his shoulder. "Oh... You must be mistaken, darling! See, this is a real man. MY man. Now, do you mind stepping out of the way?" She asked politely, gesturing for him to move aside and out of their path.

The man scoffed, a look of disgust on his face at being turned down, and having such a smaller, pathetic man outdo him. Stepping out of the way sourly, Oblivia rolled her eyes as she stepped out of John's grasp, towards the bar. It seemed evident that her and John's little act had persuaded the other drunks not to bother her, and with that, she was able to confront the innkeeper without issue.

"Two rooms." She said to the man, who just gave a miserable nod and reached under the bar for the room keys. Oblivia looked over at John, smirking a bit and even chuckling quietly. He did help her... Perhaps a reward was in order. Not one of a sexual nature, of course... But she'd at least allow the two to share a room. He'd probably like that.

She leaned over the bar, poking the inkeeper's shoulder. He raised his head, looking at her with a raised brow and an annoyed expression. "Oh, excuse me, sir... Make that one room." She smiled. He huffed, putting one of the keys back and slapping the other one on the counter before her. Taking it, she looked at John with a wink, heading upstairs towards their room.

visualspice

"Oh." he mouthed. One room. His grin couldn't be bigger as he followed behind her like a trailing puppy. As they round the bend while going up the curling stairs, he found himself laughing.
"You know, you looked pretty ridiculous batting your eye lashes back there," he went on, showing her just how so by doing the same right back at her. While she was distracted, he slipped the key from her hand and grinned as he stepped infront of her, now leading the way, key up and in his hand.

"So.. one room huh?" he didn't turn to her as he moved towards their room. Room 8. "Sounds dangerous." And he slipped the key into the door and opened it, gesturing forward, "Ladies and fake wives, first."

KingTyrant

She rolled her eyes, smirking as he teased her. "Well... Luckily for me, you look even more ridiculous doing it, love." She murmured, nudging him playfully. Truthfully, a man batting his eyelashes was pure hilarity. If not for his obvious urge to get laid with her, she'd assume he played for the other team. As he snatched the key from her while she was good and distracted, she huffed and pouted slightly.

She opened her mouth to utter how rude the gesture was, stopping herself as he opened the door for her. "Well, then... A gentleman to the core, I see. First, protecting your darling fake wife from drunken fools, next holding doors for her... Perhaps there's hope for you after all, John." She murmured, leaning up to kiss his cheek before making her way inside. The room wasn't anything she didn't expect. Splintery wooden floors, a ripped up area rug, and a mattress full of hay. It would serve its purpose, though.

"And I live for danger. Any type of cheap thrill, really." She shrugged, referring to his earlier comment. Turning to him, she placed a finger against his chin, just inches from his windpipe. One would think she was readying herself to choke him out, if they didn't know any better. "Just as long as we know our boundaries well... I'll let us share a bed. Understood, dear?" She smiled eerily.

"Now... For your next task as a gentleman, how about you go and fetch the lady a glass of wine, yes? Here... I'll give you enough for two." Reaching into her satchel, she found her coin purse and placed a handful of coins in his palm. "Then, we can learn more about each other. It's what we promised." She still needed to learn his true intentions... Cabbage salesman her rear end! Curiosity killed the cat, sure... But how bad could it be for a woman far beyond the realms of death?

visualspice

John held up the coins with a grin.
"Aye, milady," he went on, bowing as awfully as he could. "A bottle of wine, comin' right up!" AN dhe wouldn't waste any time ont he details. He honestly couldn't wait to get back to share a whole bottle of wine with a pretty lady- and luckily for her, with her coin combined, he could afford the entire bottle, not just some shitty, small glass worth.

Upon returning, he showed her the bottle proudly and dropped onto the bed.
"You wanna do the honors of opening this thing, or shall I?" he flirted.

KingTyrant

In his absence, Oblivia merely looked through her bag at all the stuff she had managed to snag. She grinned like a little girl over new toys as she studied each item, finding that she had grabbed very useful things. One of the things happened to be a practically unused necromancy tome, full of spells that Oblivia couldn't wait to experiment with. The second thing she pulled out at random was a tiara of invisibility, which would be useful in case she had another run-in with the city guards...

These two artifacts paled in comparison to the third item, however... An effigy made of a crow skeleton. Used to capture souls, if she remembered correctly. Morticians often used these to deliver souls of the deceased to shrines, to ensure they passed on. However... She had a more devious intent. What if she used the soul trapped inside as food for her own decaying body? The soul is full of life after all, and what she had been doing to retain her beauty and freshness wasn't too far off from sucking the life from a soul anyways.

It was at this moment that she remembered that she hadn't conducted the ritual that day... Her skin would begin to fall off the bone in the middle of the night at this rate, and she couldn't allow poor John to see her that way. There was something about his lusting over her that gave her those cheap thrills she mentioned earlier. Perhaps the city wouldn't mind a missing lamb... If it had one. If not, a street urchin would do. As much as she hated for it to come to that.

As John reappeared, she quickly brushed her things back into her bag, smiling widely at him. "Ah, dear John! A whole bottle? Well... You went above and beyond, didn't you?" She teased him, sitting up on her knees. "Oh... Allow me." With that, she twiddled her fingers over the cork, which popped out without anyone having to exert physical strength whatsoever. "Mmm... Smells delightful. Would you like to do the honors of taking the first sip? I feel like getting drunk tonight, and I do not wish to be alone. So drink plenty." She gave him a nod.