Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Business Ventures

Started by DragonSong, July 07, 2016, 10:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

@Heretic King

"Mina? What are you doing up here so late?"

Tamine glanced up to see her employer in the doorway and offered a tired smile. "Just...some bookkeeping. Couldn't sleep anyway, figured I'd do something useful."

Darius frowned at her, obviously displeased- she hadn't been sleeping much lately- but he didn't say anything other than, "Well... Take care of yourself. I'm off to bed."

"G'night." She waved him away, then glanced down at the papers in front of her. Reports from some of the girls and boys who worked for Darius about a rather sketchy client.

No need to worry him with what was really going on. She'd already asked for some help.

Gods she hoped she'd made the right call.

Medievarad

"I'd almost have introduced myself," Kurenai started from behind Tamina, several minutes after Darius left, hands softly closing on the support of the chair Tamina sat on. "Then I heard his footsteps," she explained with a soft whisper, a shadowy figure appearing to slowly close the door.

"You called for expertise?" She inquired with a soft and hushed voice.

DragonSong

The small prickle of warning up her spine was enough that Tamina wasn't completely surprised, but she scowled as she turned and muttered, "Don't sneak up like that. I don't want to hurt you on accident."

Her head tilted. "You're the Grey Echo?"

Medievarad

"Oh, dear. No. You couldn't hurt me, on accident or not," she poofed from vision again, rising from the shadows on her desk, sprawled across her desk. "And, none other than."

DragonSong

Tamina arched an eyebrow. "A pleasure," she said dryly. "Now would you kindly get off my paperwork?"

Medievarad

"I'm your paperwork now," Kurenai replied. "You wished for an assassin?"

DragonSong

"I did." Tamina folded her arms. "Get of te desk and we can talk about the job."

Medievarad

Kurenai snorted softly, before dissappearing from sight, materializing on the shadow behind her. Hands still occupied on her chair. "Speak," she urged.

DragonSong

"I need a client handled." Tamina propped her chin in her hand. "He's been too rough with our employees, and reprimands aren't working. Normally I'd handle this sort of thing myself, but Darius is getting suspicious of me. I need him taken care of, and I need and alibi."

Medievarad

"Give me a time and a place. And do you want him disposed off easily, or gored up as an exemple?" She inquired, as if it was the most normal question to ask. As if a butcher asked their costumers which type of meat they wanted.

DragonSong

"You don't have to kill him." She shrugged. "I don't particularly care if you do, but it might send more of an impression if you used him as...more of an example."

Medievarad

"My dear," Kurenai tutted her lips. "I am an assassin. I garantuee your target won't survive. That is why I m the best in this bussiness, nevermind the Red Solstice," she let out a soft chuckle. "Whether he suffers or not is up to you. But none of my targets survive. I am hired to kill. Not to capture or maim. But an exemple can be set even in death."

DragonSong

"Fine. Painless, but make sure it's clear why he's dead. Take his bits if you have to. And try not to implicate this establishment to the authorities, but make it plain I am the one who sent you." She quirked an eyebrow. "Too difficult?"

Medievarad

Kurenai let out a soft chuckle. "I have been in this bussiness for over sixty years now. Nothing is too difficult." She leaned forward. "You know where to leave my payment when the job's done." A soft, tantalizing chuckle came from the Dark Echo. "If you step out tomorrow at the town's square, you'll find your client. I'd hate to be unable to find my money when I check for it during noon," her teeth grazed across Tamina's ear. "Now. Who needs killing?"

DragonSong

Tamina jerked away from her with a glare. "Don't do that."

She stood and shuffled through her papers, then handed her one with a name. "Just get the job done."

Medievarad

She picked the paper from Tamina's hand. Dissappearing from sight.

And as agreed, a lot of commotion sounded from the town's square. A man, the man Tamina targeted yesterday, was impaled on an enormous wooden stake placed there. He was naked, genitalia severed and pinned to his forehead, which was also severed from his body, hanging several centimeters above his torso.

And a scripture in blood painted on the ground. It was plain and simple.

"Do not fuck with demon-kin."

DragonSong

Tamina barely glanced at the message as she passed by the square.

The girl had done well. Worth her payment at least.

She slipped away into the alley to leave a pile of coins for the hired assassin where instructed.

Medievarad

A thief darted by Tamina, snatching the pile of coins as Tamina put them down.

Only to have a blade slash through his stomach, revealing Kurenai once more, with big and cold eyes. "Wrong move," she merely stated as the thief slumped forward on her arm.

Medievarad

"I told you it wouldn't be too difficult," Kurenai replied as she pulled her blade away, the thief dropping dead to the floor. She picked up the small purse and hid them underneath the crimson cape around her leg.