Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Looking for Backup among Friends

Started by Anonymous, January 13, 2006, 03:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

A tall, attractive, reptilian woman wearing very little waltzed gracefully into the butcher shop.  She caught the eye of the enormous bear of a man, who actually was a bear, behind the counter.  His white apron, spattered with the blood of some innocent animal covered his chain wrapped chest.  "How's it going, Adrik?"

"Anozer zhob, Satsko?  Are you zat helpless vissout me?" the bear bared crushing fangs in a smile, his accent just as thick as ever.  Her glare chilled him ever so slightly.  "So vhat is it now?"

"There's supposedly a girl wandering the countryside turning into other people.  They figure it has to be magic, and such an ability couldn't be good.  They say others have gone after her already, but none have been successful, so I figured I'd need a little backup, just in case.

"Is little Rune comink zis time?"

Satsuko smiled now, as well, "Yes, but keep your mind on the task at hand.  She'll always be too young for the likes of you in my opinion."

He chuckled and asked a question, "Ow lonk vill it take, do you sink?  I need to know so I can close ze shop properly," Adrik started cleaning up the place.

"No more than a few days.  They said she was pretty near the area between the city and my house."  She watched him for a while, slowly getting impatient, "Aren't you done yet?"

"Nyet, is not zat easy, comrade.  If ze meat spoils, I am out of business for until I get nyew stock.  And if you decide zis vone get your mercy, I ave no income.  So let me finish zis right, and zen ve can be on our vay."

The assassin rolled her eyes with a hidden smile, "Business men..."

Eventually, Adrik locked the doors, and the two headed to Satsuko's hidden home among the mountains.

continued in Sirantil