Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Helpful tip for firefox users.

Started by Zane, July 19, 2016, 07:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

So, for a while now, I've had an issue with photo-sensitivity where really bright colors and some pastels give me headaches, more like migraines really. Especially when these colors were being presented across a tv or computer screen. This has made using sites like Google, Wikipedia, youtube, Reddit, and even SotE a literal pain to use for any amount of time greater than 5 minutes.

Well, thanks to the wonderful and amazing @GoblinFae, a solution has been found that works for me, and can help any of you who have similar issues or are just wanting a change of pace.

Color Transform is an Add-on for Firefox that allows you to recolor all websites you visit into one of 40 themes and from there, fine tune those themes to better suit you.

The Add-on adds an icon onto your firefox toolbar that turns the add-on off and on when clicked on. While on, it applies your selected theme to any page you visit, including new tabs. this can have some interesting effects on some sites depending on what the site coding labels on back ground and foreground and etc. Per example: The theme I currently use gives SotE a nice navy blue theme, but going to imgur with the add-on active gives me this baby blue theme, it's interesting.

One final thing, the add-on applies themes as an after effect, it works basically by going through the sites CSS and finding the hex code used to assign colors to the various parts of the theme within the element inspector and replacing them with the selected theme from the add-on's list. This means two things. 1) Loading a page will briefly show sites native theme, and 2) there is a slight lag between loading the page and applying your selected theme that may delay processing inputs such as clicking and scrolling. For me, this lag isn't even a full second for most sites.

Anyway, if you give it a shot, I hope it works for you and serves to your liking. Just remember, if the icon is purple on your toolbar, that means it is active, clicking on it will grey it out and make it inactive.

Edit: #notsponsored

Tags: