Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Site-wide plot idea: virus

Started by Rhindeer, January 13, 2006, 06:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Anonymous

I can totally picure some mage staggering out into the street, hacking and coughing, and suddenly growing 3 extra limbs and incinerating some nearby buildings.

Rhindeer

Quote from: "ZenMasterWalrus"I can totally picure some mage staggering out into the street, hacking and coughing, and suddenly growing 3 extra limbs and incinerating some nearby buildings.
LMAO!

That would be PRICELESS!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

DODEN AND THE PLAGUE!!!!!!!! or a form of it..something new and original though.

omg i would so allow the use of doden!!!!

by the way, I also have that disease that is currently heading up north...Nox Mortiis (not sure the actual name of the disease yet though)

Anonymous

Of course, since most people don't understand viruses, there'd probably be all sorts of charm sales and cons going on... and some truly magic charmsa, which might only make things worse... So lots of involvement all around

Goldie

AIEEE!  I LOVE THE IDEA!!!!

O_O

Is it bad that I'm already thinking about who I'd like to make sick?  *coughcough*

Personally, I like the idea of Connlaoth being behind it....but we could always make it be a small group of connlaothians...people with a really strong hatred to magic.  They don't ahve to be involved with the kingdom at all besides living there, that way the castle could really say they had no idea, they didn't do it, and TADA!  you have a big crisis because they're not liars!  I know for one that I have a character who's been looking for some sort of plot *coughtobrecough* and would be more than willing to sacrafice his freedom to kill off magic users XDDD

For symptoms, I think they should vary from person to person, because not everyone has the same powers so it would make sense that each individual is effected differently!  i.e. shapeshifters wouldn't be able to control when and what they shift into, and could even get stuck as a half goat half dragon with chicken wings.  Mind controllers and the like could have their magic backfire against them and they'll randomly control people and have them start attacking him or something....

Just an idea ^_^

Anonymous

QuoteFor symptoms, I think they should vary from person to person, because not everyone has the same powers so it would make sense that each individual is effected differently! i.e. shapeshifters wouldn't be able to control when and what they shift into, and could even get stuck as a half goat half dragon with chicken wings. Mind controllers and the like could have their magic backfire against them and they'll randomly control people and have them start attacking him or something..

I guess no one has been reading "Helvete: Feeding Sin"

Anonymous

I'm up for it! Hrm. Naeva and Khja may wish to end up working with Vharzyym. Because they're evil like that.

I like the idea of this virus. I'm not sure I'd want to infect my own fire mage, since they may only be on SotE temporarily, having stumbled upon the world accidentally. Noira has her own plot.

Site-wide plots = YAY. :D

Anonymous

probem with the drow doing it is pretty simple. If they are based off the Drow from D&D that would leave them weak to the disease more so. All Elves are creatures of magic, even if they aren't mages

Anonymous

Vharzyym scientists would quickly come up with a cure and make a quick buck..or quick many bucks..maybe a town..<_< >_> lol

Anonymous

Vharzyym scientists?

dont you mean alchemists..and clerics and now im having a brainfart.

Anonymous

This could be really interesting seeing as all my characters are Magic users.....gosh talk about amazing......as for how it came to be well I was rereading the rules to make sure I was right and just to put in another Idea if you giuys dont want to use the drows as people who did it.....it does say in the rules that we are allowed to have people from the furture all they have to be able to do is explain the technology.....so it could be some one who does know about viruses and diseases and the likes.....just another idea.....lol

anywas I cant wait...I might join another magic user just to get them sick seeing as my others at this moment are busy........
Yea I am in a plot withTacti right now....and poor Adri is already sick...don't want to make her even more sick..................lol....okay now I must stop rambling...but you have my vote on this...I will help anyway I can..*Grins evilly*

Anonymous

it wouldn't matter if drow are very suseptable to the disease.  no matter who's doing it, it's gonna be a suicide mission.  and it would be an extremely worthwile risk for the rest of the drow if it meant the possibility of a war that could be exploited.

one way i can see it working is that a radical group of connlaoth...ians....(i guess) would agree to work with vharzyym alchemists, thinking of turning the virus on them afterwards.  they could be approched by vharzyym, who give them the virus. vharzyym, of course would have it's own agenda, and the extremists would have their way to rid the world of magic.

Rhindeer

Heeey...good plan! And twisted, too, bwahaha!

And w00t! Goldie, that'd be a perfect opportunity to get Tobre involved! He always was pretty radical. XD
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Oh this is going to be great... already have many symptoms set up for Randuil jsut to name one Wild Magic.   A point where he will get ill enough to almost black out but awake enough to ramble something incoherent casting a spell that wasn't ment to be casted and waking hours later to find destruction around him :D  

fun fun.... so when does it start ?????

Goldie

I like the idea of getting Connlaoth AND the Vharzyym involved!  With two outlets it'll be that much harder to track down to the source!  XDD

Can we PLEEAAASSEEEE!?!?!?!?!!!!??!?!@21#!#!!11!  Tobre needs a plot badly...he has for the past 2 years ^^;;

Anonymous

if you all want to get started, i can have vharzyym make the virus and deliver it to connlaoth sometime this week or over next weekend.  right now im really bogged down with english homework and eagle scout application stuff.  plus ive got like four characters i need to post.  unless of course someone else wants to take over some of vharzyym's mages.  im guessing we've probably got like fifteen or twenty that are  currently just npcs.  if anybody's interested, pm me or josh sometime this week so we can give you some guidelines.  or ill just do it sometime late in the week or over the weekend.

Rhindeer

I know I'm ready! ^___^ Go for it and get started when ya get time! I really like this idea!

Anonymous

WooHoo time to get sick... Umm I am not sure that came out right.

It sounded as if I like being sick >_<... Ehh *shrug*  who cares fun fun all around :D

Anonymous

Just think how the non-magic users will react, like the guards and soldiers, not to mention the politics side. Suddenly having a street blown up in your city by a sick mage isn't gonna make your job easy.
Some kingdoms may react as far as throwing out magic users to protect the rest of the citizens, so conflict between magic users and non magic users could be fueled.
Or they'll just throw them all into the dungan :lol:

Hmm I might join a city guard/soldier to reacte to the worse cases, trying to figure out if this is an attack  or something.