Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Nevermind the rain~ [Lion] [M]

Started by Medievarad, August 06, 2016, 11:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

"Let's hope it's still in one piece," Lyra answered with a soft sigh. "Roderick," she answered, smirking softly. "I never met my real parents, he told me he found me on the streets and took me in as his," she shrugged softly. "He was a single man who taught me both how to play the lute and to fight."

A soft breath escaped her. "But one night, he was just gone. I don't know why or where he went. But he just disappeared."

Lion

"How sad," he murmured. "But that's the way of things. Most does not gather on a rolling stone sort of thing."

He smirked just a bit. "When were you ready to move along? I think my ass has gone numb long enough."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Medievarad

Lyra snorted softly and shrugged slowly. "I got over it," she answered. "It's just a sob story now," she answered. "Though, still got that."

She glanced at Vance and chuckled slowly, pushing herself up. "Let's go, then," she answered with a soft breath.

Lion

Vance stood and kicked the ashes of the fire around. It was chillier than he though, and being hidden from the sun only aided in the brief shivers that coursed down his spine.

From the corner of his eye he watched Lyra, vaguely admiring her form.  He didn't say anything regarding it however, and began going back down the path, just grateful for the dry weather.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Medievarad

Lyra turned around to glance at the water, stretching her arms as she did, before turning around to fall into step next to Vance, silently.

Lion

The going was quiet, which suited Vance just fine. The way was opened as there was a parting in the trees, and a dirt path was worn and opened up between a vale of trees and some empty stumps up on the right side. Vance looked wary, seeing paw prints in the dirt and mud and the smell of ammonia was present in the air.

"What kind of wild animals are on this island?" he asked idly.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Medievarad

She came up next to Vance, glancing at the prints, sighing slowly. "Big fucking cats, mostly," she answered, glancing around.

Lion

"Big as in...big for a house cat. Or...big as in...might as well be a fucking bear?" he asked, and already he felt like something was following them.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Medievarad

"Might aswell be a fucking bear,," she answered with a soft hum. "We'll have toto be careful, those things rip a person to shreds in the blink of an eye."

Lion

"You ought to lead the way. I think you know the terrain a little better than I do," Vance said, stepping behind her.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Medievarad

"Terrain, yes," Lyra answered. "Though I have no clue where we are." But regardless, the former bard made her way down the path, ocasionally hissing in pain as she passed over a sharp set of rocks between the dirt.

Lion

"Aren't you from here?" he asked with a nudge against her shoulder. "Or are you as foreign to these temple-dancers as I am?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Medievarad

"I was born in Serendipity," she answered, nudging him back. "Though I don't stay in one place for long. So I'm as foreign as you are."

Lion

"That's just great," Vance sighed in resignation. He pushed it past him though as they tread further onto the path, the ground seeming to be recently disturbed.

Something was moving in the bushes to their left.  "Fuck," he whispered, and crouched low suddenly. "You said big as fucking bears right?....  Man, I had hoped you were wrong.  Run... Run!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Medievarad

"Don't. Run," she answered immediately as she crouched aswell. "If such a cat wants us, if we run, it'll catch up," she whispered softly. "We can't outrun this."

Lion

"Are you crazy? What the hell do you mean don't run?" Vance hissed. "We don't have any weapons!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Medievarad

"We don't," she answered. "Though if we start running now, we make ourselves an easy target. And whatever's watching will feel challenged to catch up."

Lion

"Then we're pretty much fucked is what you're saying," Vance growled.  "So what do we do?  We're both rather defenseless against a damn wild cat!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Medievarad

"We try to sneak away," she answered, sushing him as his voice rose slightly with his last sentence. "That's the only shot we have, trust me," Lyra whispered with a deep breath.

Lion

Oh god, was he really going to do that?  Just trust her not to get them both killed?

What other choice did he have?  "Fine!  Belly crawling!" he directed and dropped to the ground, listening as the soft purring of the mountain cat stalked closer.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn