Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

One Shot, One Kill

Started by Anonymous, January 16, 2006, 01:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

A bloody demon stood in the misted streets, sword dripping with red. It wasn't human, or so it seemed, having come into its task with inhuman efficiency and ruthlessness, slaying the party of magicians with unsettling ease. Its head lowered, and as it drew back its hood, the face of a young woman was revealed. All that could be heard was the sound of falling blood; all that could be seen was a pile of dead wizards, slain before they had time to react... Not that they had a chance -- they were white mages, healers. It's just a pity they had to find their way here.

Yoko gave a sigh. "Not a challenge at all. Such a shame." She flipped Kirikuzusu to a reverse grip, hit the switch to separate it, and drew both slashers out to finish the job: She would bring in the scalps and skulls of her victims to the bounty office, whereby she could verify her kill. It was a pain not to scratch the face, but the rewards were well worth it. Just a bit longer, and she could buy that new gun she saw at the armory; what fun that would be, wielding.

"Rea Min Taka..."

"...?" Having just removed the head of one of the younger members, the voice of an old-timer reached Yoko's ears. She turned, and found the near-dead mage, draped in blood-stained black robes, muttering a spell with his final breath. Was it an attempt to kill her, or to revive his comrades? Either one would be unsuccessful.

"... Rish Wara... Saros...!" The man fell dead, but his hand smashed against the ground, seemingly cracking it as it fell. Pulling up the head of her victim, Yoko shifted, to find the earth respond to the crack with astonishing speed. The firmament gave way in the dark alley, where the mages had sought refuge, and then rose up as great cragged pillars, apparently some sort of earthly evocation. There wasn't time to admire or admonish it, though, as Yoko was forced to spring back, still gripping the spinal cord of the one she had killed.

It spread quickly, like wildfire, crumbling the buildings around it -- residentials, which quickly gave way to the terrain's upheaval. Those inside scrambled to escape, but few were successful; the destruction was simply too fast to avoid. It was only with her Kiel magic, movement faster than the eye can see, that Yoko avoided harm. When the spell ended, much of the surroundings had been completely ruined, struck with crags of rocky ground that pierced both stone and flesh. Men, women, and children within a few yards of the blast area were skewered, and the bodies of the mages lost entirely.

"Damn you," Yoko snarled as she watched from the safety of a distant street; it seemed as if the ground had become a great porcupine, sticking up its quills menacingly: "Don't mess with us." There were a few casualties, sure, but it wasn't in the job description to protect while seeking fugitives. With a shrug, Yoko turned, still gripping the bloody head, and began her trek to the bounty office. This little stretch of wasteland wasn't worth her time anymore.

(( Okay, Demonic Jester; here's my post. ))

Anonymous

A black streak races across the night sky as the bound of a shadowy figure lands upon the edge of a rooftop. Yellow eyes scan the streets below as the figure begins to feel the presence of magic dying down nearby. Something worth investigating. From his rooftop, the figure bounds from one to another until the sign of magic become stronger. The black scarf the figure wore, whipped around in his trail as if it had a strait forward mind of it's own. (Like Shinobi) Once in range, he inches closer to the edge of the rooftop to see the bloody sight of multiple dead mages surrounding what appears to be one of what he used to be. One who is hired to take the dastardly deed to slay for a price. Why the mages would flee to an Anti-magic kingdom is beyond him, but now something to dwell over at the time. A spike of magic rises in the vicinity when a mage chants his last words. The dark ninjesque figure leaps from his roof to reach one at a distance enough to avoid the catastrophe that unfold before him. Damn mages.
Throughout the ordeal, he could feel another spike of magic coming from the assassin like figure, who seemingly moved with speed and grace. Deffinately something to look up on. How unfortunate how the night had to end in a bloodbath such as this. Hopefully, none of the other Mordecai or guards for that matter will bring this to their attention. Mainly because this next event could turn out to be an assassin spare. Something that not many have ever whittness and lived through afterward. With one last bound off a rooftop, the dark figure lands on the wall of an opposite building, behind the assassin femme and slides down it a ways. Half way down, he jumps off and silently lands directly behind the femme fatale. At the same second she turns around to walk off, Kuro rapidly whips out his katana and presses the end of the blade against her chest.
The man standing before her wore an expressionless face. A glare of yellow eyes was directed in her direction. The end of the black scarf that covered much of his face slowly fluttered down to the ground behind him after ending its trail from the wall he jumped off. His hair that managed to partially cover one of his eyes was nearly in a swirl of black and white. The rest of his outfit was nearly all black, save for the fading mix of gray and white at the ends of the outfit. His movements from the rooftop to the ground happened in a matter of seconds and was deadly silent. If she even managed to pick up a single trace of him beforehand, than she had to be rather skillful in perception.
"I sense magic in you." The first emotionless words from the Connlaothian ninja, and not to be the last, "What brings you to Connlaoth?"

(Congradulations, I've never whipped out a post this great in ages. I was even enjoying it as I went :P)

Anonymous

While at one moment she had treaded away from the disaster, the assasin quickly found herself encompassed with a crushing power, as well as a katana pressed against her chest. The figure that commanded the blade was ominous, still in heat from the rapid movement that facilitated the capture. Here was Yoko, clutching a dismembered head by the cord, and in typical fashion all she could think was, 'He is HOT.' There was, of course, the little problem of the sword which lay across her breast, but that wasn't much of a concern when she counted the awesome power of this fellow, making it difficult even to breathe properly.

"You sense my Funriki, shinobi arts," she growled, hand clutching Kirikuzusu for good measure. "Not surprising, given the location. But... ... I've come here as a bounty hunter, a hired sword, hoping to serve your country by tracking down those accursed magic users... That is your purpose, too, correct? You and your own magic..." That last bit was spat at the black figure, a contemptuous accusation of what obviously had to be magic. It wasn't like the mages she had killed, nor was it her own style, but it was there -- some force, some gravity that weighted her down. Whatever it was, this ass had no room to protest. Before the ninja-like figure would be able to protest (or perhaps interrupting him), Yoko spoke again: "Whoever you are, isn't it in your best interests to at least help take in the bounty head? That's your job, your country's goal in the end... Isn't it...?" By then, the weight had become a consistant murmur of the spirit, suppressing her will -- and her magic -- as if held down by a physical being. Who the hell was this guy?

(( SPS: I'm at school and can't really type a better response, but I figure this should do for now. ))

Anonymous

Still maintaining his dull expression as well as the well crafted blade against the intruder's chest, the nearly unspoken man stood his ground. One would think if he is truely a man or perhaps something more. His yellow eyes continued their focus on the assassin girl. She was smart and a big talker. That didn't change what Kuro saw. All he sees is a small time mage, but a big time assassin, trying to get out of being killed or taken in.
"My magic is non existant. My abilities are enhanced training that magic has never touched. My past is of none concern, but is equivlant to your present. I no longer take bounties, nor do I assist others. Though thankful for your effort, you are also the center cause for the death of all nearby innocents. Even an ounce of magic is to be taken into custody, no matter what deed is done. You are hereby under arrest under order of Kuro." The man was very stern with his riddled words. He managed to counter every word that came from the bloodied woman. Perhaps there is much more to this man than anything one has seen. With very little change in his expression, if any at all, he throws in one last comment,
"Unless you choose to take the more difficult path."

Anonymous

Certainly had a silver tongue, didn't he? What a gentleman, answering a lady's questions so politely (sans the blade). At hearing 'arrest,' however, and the unusual term Mordecai, Yoko showed her weakness, a cursed thing. Though she allowed her surprise to show, she did throw out, "The hard way, then...!!" The hand that gripped Kirikuzusu slid the blade out, while her torso slid back with a sudden thrust of the legs. Onnagoroshi II, while impaired by this man's bizarre 'ability,' was nevertheless not going to go without a fight. Unfortunately, as she moved, Yoko caught her cloak's binding in the blade's path, ripping it open and dropping it to the ground, showing her watchet tunic and simplistic build. She made a near-full revolution as she turned, her leg pivoting into the air to make a spiral.

Yoko gripped the ground with her free hand, skidding along the earth with a wavering frame to stop herself, opposite hand gripping Kirikuzusu. As she came to a stop, the assassin wasted no time in bringing up her blade for a wide slash, designed as such to protect a maximum area around the central torso, while also aiming to disarm the foe. She did, however, pause for a moment to find her bearings, still affected by the weight which dulled her senses and held her down, and the swing wasn't half as quick as usual. The desire to retch was noted, and overruled; she would NOT show weakness here. Her legs slid into a 1-o-clock / 7-o-clock position, and as she completed the necessary build-up to deliver the blow, she lifted her left leg -- opposite her sword-arm -- in a knee-lift, which was still restricted by the Mordecai's aura, in an attempt to bash in the fucker's crotch.

Still... This wasn't good at all. Without her usual repertoire, she couldn't rely on distance attacks, and with the weight this guy was pulling, it would be a surprise if she even lived after this shit. Damn...

Anonymous

Her words were spoken and Kuro stood his ground when the female assassin moved back, away from his blade. He would have followed up on that movement and claimed her head, but where's the sport in that? When she came back at him with a swing of her own blade, Kuro lept up in a quick and graceful flip to softly land on the edge of the rooftop behind him. His scarf trailed behind in his path as if it were and animal or even a pet to the Ninjesque Mordecai. His own katana was already sheathed by the time he landed on the rooftop. The first smile Kuro has ever expressed in years is hidden by his black scarf. This was deffinately going to be an intresting night.
For some reason, Kuro felt like being a good sport about the situation. He slowly dimmed his natural ability to block magic with much concentration. Something a lot of the other Mordecai have yet to take hold of. Kuro was rare, because of his extreme training as an ex-assassin. In due time, this invading assassin would feel her magics returning in small doses. Kuro suddenly threw his hand off to the side, sending a few needle like darts at the other assassin. Something very hard to see flaying at one's self, especially at night.

Anonymous

Nothing. All of her effort was expended for nothing. Still, as she flipped back into a fighting form, leg dropping to the ground almost limply, Yoko gave a defiant snarl. This wouldn't be easy, to be sure. That guy seemed to be up to something around then... But, what? That was the twenty-four-dollar question, wasn't it? Yoko lifted Kirikuzusu up, flipping it to a more standard position, only to find her arms bit at by the needles thrown of the 'Mordecai's' hand, the whirling wind privy to the whole ordeal. Even with that weight on her body, the Onnagoroshi's successor could give no quarter, and so drew back her arms, followed by the rest of her body, to prevent the needles from piercing too sharply.

In that aspect, she was successful: The needley prickles broke the skin as she withdrew, but it took only a stern, flailing motion to dislodge them in time. Yoko fell back, hopping from one position to the next with speed seemingly unnatural for one under the influence of a Mordecai. The change was minor at first, simply a light release of the force Yoko felt of the Mordecai's power. As she reached a stopping point, the assassin drew up Kirikuzusu, forcefully slamming the switch and dispersing the weapon into two blades, which she took in hand, polar opposites. This may not be a winning fight, but she would at least scratch that bastard if it took her every bit of strength.

"Stand there, asshole," spat Yoko, still breathing heavier than usual. "I'll cut you up in short order...!" The first step was the hardest, seeming to hit water in mid-stride, but Yoko persevered, finishing the move, and adding up another, and another, breaking into a full sprint towards the building that Kuro stood upon. With one harsh movement, the Onnagoroshi managed a foothold by cracking the building's wall slightly, and sprang up to meet the Mordecai. It would be a rough thing, assuming that she could even move well enough to grip the roof with just her feet, but perhaps worth it. Should she succeed (( In the realm of possibility, this is what she would do if undisturbed; if disturbed, I'll leave those punishments to you )), Yoko would charge, using one sword to guard and the other to strike out. Confidence streamed to her defense, as she readied the two Kirikuzusu edges, and strode forward with her intended modus operandi.

Anonymous

(On a side note, Kuro never mentioned he's a Mordecai. That's copnsidered high treason and that's the last thing an Ex-assassin needs.)

To Kuro, the needles were a nessecary test. If it weren't a test, the needles would have been heavily poisoned and she would be paralyzed by now. She barely passed that part with her lone natural abilities, but failed since she was struck anyway. She still has much to learn as a skilled killer and only Kuro can see that. Kuro remained still with his arms crossed the entire time Yoko rushed the building and sprang up to land on Kuro's ground. Even then, she continued at him. Her attack was thrown and in a split second, Kuro throws his arms out to deflect her attack with what was a hidden Shikaku dagger that he had pulled from his right sleeve. Very clever his is so far. Using much of his speed and agility, Kuro leaps up to slip over the assasin girl to land directly behind her. In an instant, he presses his back against hers and throws his left arm back behind his head to press his Shikaku blade against the woman's throat. He held it against her skin lightly, but the blade was still deadly near. There's still a bit to go before the woman regains her full strength, but it's still climbing.
"I could end this anytime I feel it is nessecary. Although, unlike you though, I am no longer paid to kill someone in cold blood. I am not paid, but I live to serve this kingdom. By any means, you will be taken in, whether it be you or simply your head." Kuro whisper was loud enough for just them to hear if there was anyone else nearby. To shorten what was said, Kuro meant, 'Surrender or die'. After his small speech, the blade is released from her throat and Kuro immediately bounds to the next building. From there, he waits.

Anonymous

The speed of this man was... unusual, even giving a bit up for the heavy sensation that restrained her. Yoko took a sharp inhalation as the blade reached her throat, expecting death but not finding it. This guy really did believe the shit he was saying, it seemed. He was willing to kill her for just possessing something he called 'magic.' What a royal ass. Foolishly, the man withdrew his knife, and slipped to another rooftop. Apparently he had a fetish.

"..." Glaring with all the intensity of a demon, the assassin readied Kirikuzusu once again. This time, however, she could noticeably feel a difference; slowly, through time, it seemed, her powers were returning. It wasn't quite enough right now. Yet.

"You'll have to take me in dead, then," Yoko called out to the ninjaesque Connlaothian, a slow, frail smile spreading through her lips. "Yoko Sagiri the Onnagoroshi isn't so cowardly as to fear death at the hands of an asshat like you! If you want death, come forward; if you wanna live, go find a nice rock...!!" With those words, the young lady killer shot her eyes a stare at this fellow's direction, Kirikuzusu's two sides, like that of the God Janus, flipping to a parallel form, much like a freestyle: Fluid, loose. Though not good for going on the offense, as this fellow would be aware, this stance would allow for excellent defense.

"SO?" snapped Yoko, hands turning a brilliant white at the knuckle. "You gonna come or will I have to go to you?"

Anonymous

The philosophy of assassins is like a fluid poem that only they truely understand. Kuro is relieved to run into one of his past kind for a decent spar. Even if he is mostly toying with her. As he expected, she refuses to give up. He would have been disappointed otherwise.
"Kuro Kiraa has met death multiple times. Death refuses to take one such as myself. One that is tainted. Whether or not you find out what I mean is dependant on what the future holds for your chosen path." Kuro explains, picking up the tempo of his voice a little. When she offered a solution to the current stalemate, Kuro lept up from his building and threw one arm out. With that motion, he managed to toss four throwing knives in Yoko's general direction. While still in midair, Kuro spins simotaniously with his movement straight up. Not only for show, but to add in a quick toss of two more knives unnoticed. One to the left and the other to the right of Yoko's possible paths. That way, if she tries to avoid Kuro's projectiles, she would be misfortunate enough to meet a throwing knife either way she goes. Only one way to avoid such possible damage. That is if she has good enough defense to fend off the four knives headed straight at her. In the meantime, Kuro lands on an opposite building from where he was. Perhaps this will teach her to take offence when it is offer with him.

Anonymous

Wait... Just hold on. That single thought pervaded Yoko's mind, the feeling of her power seeping through the filter soothing her sense of loss. Fingering her twin swords, the young woman impatiently pushed her foot deeper into the roof, grinding it down with a screw-like tack. Then, the attack came like a whirlwind. Two... no, at least three knives, each swiftly and accurately thrown at her torso. Dodging to either side didn't seem possible with the potential to spread. But her trick... Was it...?

Yes.

The daggers seemed to hit their mark, with Yoko putting up only marginal resistance, but in reality, her talking had bought her just enough time to bring up a slight barrier of air with Dagara, which seemed enough to deflect or at least redirect the weapons. At either side of her, as the four blades clanged to the ground, two more knives dug into the rooftop. A trap, it seemed, had been laid; had she taken the bait, her body would've been punctured. Now, though, she held the cards, it seemed.

Loosing a confident snarl, Yoko reconnected the two Kirikuzusu, hand fading to the side. "You're a cocky son of a bitch, I'll give you that," She growled, a feral sort of groan that showcased the effort needed to produce the effect in this filter. Her hand flew back, the air around it swirling in a mad tempo -- less than was usual, but still considerable. "... And that's all you are." The Lady Killer thrusted forward her arm with everything she had, her fingers giving birth to four sharp, finely-wrought lances of compressed air, no larger than a senbon needle but with much more force behind them, aimed in a spread pattern to encompass a wide horizontal distance.

Not waiting to find herself behind, Onnagoroshi the Second prepared Kirikuzusu, and promptly charged towards the mystery man. As she ran, she disconnected the Kirikuzusu, took a flying leap, and with a great revolution, threw one of the two halves of her weapon directly at the bastard's stomach. If he wouldn't commit Seppuku, she'd do it for him. This would end in victory for her, she assured herself again, hand clutching the remaining Kirikuzusu, and readying it for a downward-diagonal stroke.

Anonymous

Impressive is the word Kuro would find settling for Yoko. Not only did she avoid the trap, but she also avoided taking damage all at the same time. Kuro would have applauded her, but she apparently thought it was her turn to attack. Kuro is wise enough to figure what she could possibly be doing. One thing that he notices is the irony of what she said about him being cocky. When she was the one being cocky. That's the sort of thing that gets an assassin killed. So many advantages Kuro can take. He'll eventually tire of this and end it. But for now, he has much to learn from his past.
He windy needles were thrown and Kuro made instant movement to avoid catastrophe. He flipped back and landed on one palm. He pushes off the his palm to propel himself back into another flip just soon enough for the needles to rush right under him. As soon as the Ninjesque Mordecai lands on his feet, he evaluates the situation and quickly flips forward. While in midair, he catches Yoko's blade by the bladed part with a single bare hand. When his feet finally hit the ground, he throw the woman's blade back at her. This might throw her way off guard. As soon as his hand was free, he instantly whips out his katana to clash with the female.

Anonymous

Blade-catch...!

Kirikuzusu was caught straight on, the blood of the man's hand sliding down the blade, as with great force he threw forward the weapon, blowing Yoko backwards into the air. The next moments seemed a blur, but as the strange ninja-like man drew his sword, Yoko shifted her body slightly, as to avoid the initial swipe, but for good measure slammed Kirikuzusu out to meet the sword, clashing against it with amazing force. The weight behind the stranger's blade, however, knocked her back in mid-air, forcing Yoko to catch herself against the railings of the rooftop and leap to the next.

The assassin slid back against the roof, coughing blood slightly, as she reveled in the power of this man. With just a simple movement he had evaded the Dagara, and with an equally basic maneuver had kept Kirikuzusu from even touching him. Now, both swords had been drawn; there would have to be a solution to this matter. "Tch!" Again Yoko's nimble digits slid across the grip, disconnecting the twin blades, drawing the blade in an offensive stance: One arm extended like a scorpion's tail, the other held straight forward to catch the man's blade should it come her way.

There would be no more speaking with this man. If he wanted a fight, he would have one; twas as simple as that. Yoko pushed away from the rooftop, taking first a nimble stride and springing from the railings, gripping her frontal half across her torso. With all her strength -- magical and physical -- the Onnagoroshi slashed with her weapon, a thick wave of Dagara magic striking out like a rippling wave to meet the man head-on. At a downward-diagonal angle, it would at least take out that pesky house, breaking away the roof with the force of a gale. The conditions were entirely favorable. And with that, Yoko struck down with her second half, hoping to pierce the man in any place possible. This was, of course, possible because the Dagara wave had pushed her back slightly, allowing her her bearings and a way to determine the stranger's path. The conditions were entirely favorable...!

Anonymous

The fight goes on and the invading femme comes back at Kuro even more relentless than when she started. Kuro was deffinatley enjoying this. He missed the days he sparred with his family, his clan. Perhaps one day he may pay them a visit, but for now, his home is Connlaoth. The next attack was thrown and Kuro was more than ready with his blade still in hand. Something new, but not entirely unavoidable. The Mordecai did not move. Instead, he stood his ground(roof). When the wave rippled close enough to strike him, Kuro slashed his katana in an arc above himself, enough to line out the wave sent at him. This motion entirely disolved the attack, leaving Kuro and even the roof of the building still in tact.
Making himself appear surprised with the following attack, Kuro quickly reached up with his free hand, on time to catch the blade sent at him. With Yoko's added body weight, this move impacted Kuro enough to pin him back against the rooftop. Yoko's blade in one hand, with the tip of the sword, dug a small ways into his shoulder. His other hand, however, still had his katana. With his little helpless ploy, he simotaniously jabbed the end of his blade into Yoko's side as he was pinned against the roof. His force was enough to deffinately feel it, but not enough to piece her skin. Kuro couldn't help but smile once more behind his scarf. This time, it could clearly be seen in his eyes.

(Not exactly sure what you ment about the second attack, but I'm gonna assume this is what that was.)

Anonymous

(( I messed up big time; I forgot that Kirikuzusu was disconnected at the time anyway... I'll edit that when I'm done. ))

Though her blade sunk into the man's shoulder, the fact that he still had presence of mind enough to strike within a few scrapes of her skin unnerved Yoko. Who was this man, to dissipate a Dagara wavelength with a single swipe? Who was this man, to toy with her? What the hell was his right? Then he had the nerve to sparkle those eyes of his; damn him. With all her strength, Yoko dug Kirikuzusu's half-blade deeper into the man's shoulder, having already pinned it beforehand; it wasn't deep enough to break the bone, but it would rack up some more pain, at least.

Raising one hand up in a fist, Yoko gutturally snarled, "Fucker," and, fighting back the sensation of weakness the man radiated, burst her fist with Dagara's power, so fierce that her own flesh was rent slightly. Then, with all her strength, she threw down her arm, though the lack of power that pervaded her thought patterns slowed her fist considerably. Was it her imagination, or did the weight actually restrain her fist from moving...?

Anonymous

Just as Kuro had planned, the woman attempted to inflict more pain upon him. Pain, a sensation that no longer affects the Mordecai Ninja. At least physical pain doesn't. He has yet to find it in himself to express emotions, so emotional pain isn't impossible. Only time will be the judge of that. As Yoko pushed harder to insert her blade deeper into Kuro's shoulder, his grip of the blade by his hand tightened. Blood began to run down the blade from his hand to his shoulder. With what strength he has, he slowly pushes the blade back out of his shoulder. Once fully out, he releases it on time for it to stick into the rooftop by his shoulder. When the female assassin swong at him and stopped in mid-swing, Kuro realized that the battle had exhausted her. One thing he can't help but point out.
"Rage, an extended form of anger. One thing that has been known to destroy great assassins of the past." Once Kuro began to speak, he lowered his blade from her side, but continued to lay where he was.
"Emotion is the downfall of a determined killer. Determination also plays a part in that factor. You are proof right now. Exert yourself too much and strength leaves you. Patience and presition are your greatest allies." After Kuro's brief words, He quickly brings his legs up to press his feet against the woman's mid-section. With the same movement, he pushes her form away from himself to make room enough to stand up. Once on his feet, Kuro sheaths his blade and stares the woman down.
"You should go before the other athorities arrive. I've had enough excitement for one day. I have no intention of killing you and I doubt you have any reason to slay me. Just be sure to keep your magic away from Connlaoth." With Kuro's final ultamadum, he turns away and begins to walk the opposite direction, still on the rooftop. By this time, Kuro's wounds he has maintained in the battle have already stopped bleeding. In fact, the one he recieved from catching the thrown blade has healed into a scar already. Definately not a normal human ability. Yoko will be the second perportator that Kuro has let go and not taken into custody today. Was there something wrong with him? Is there something troubling him? Only he knows any answers to that.

Anonymous

Agh. Again the Mordecai countered her attack with unusual precision, and as Yoko landed from the blow, she heard the words of the man, firm, yet oddly... No. That was folly. What he said, though condescending, even she had to admit was true; as an assassin, she had a ways to go. Mastering the emotions is even more important than mastering the blade; when it comes time, you must kill your heart with your blade. Those were the two most basic fundamentals of being an assassin.

Pity she never had any formal training.

The stranger walked off, seemingly towards the end of the rooftop, but Yoko wasn't one to look a gifthorse in the mouth: With a sudden swipe of her free hand, Dagara drew the second Kirikuzusu to it, which she grasped, connected, and sheathed, before withdrawing. As the man moved away from her, strength returned, and so the unnatural Kiel movement was restored to her.

Yoko darted off, bounding from one rooftop to the next, pondering the man's words, his motive, and his power. If Connlaoth was as adamant in tracking down magic-users as to use abilities such as his, then she couldn't safely return once she'd left. It would be southeast, then, to Adela or Serendipity; she didn't care which. Her own wounds, physical and emotional, had begun to heal already; it didn't matter.

That condescending bastard.

(( I'm not sure where you want to go with this thread after this... Any suggestions? ))