Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Why, Hello My Deer! [Klez!!]

Started by Fukurou, August 13, 2016, 11:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fukurou

((OOC: Tagging @Klezmer Gryphon ))

Oooh boy was Zaryn a long ways away from home. After visiting a dear relative in Arca, the warrior decided to do a little site seeing, which ended up turning into some grand adventure into the vast unknown. Now here he was, in the little village of La'marri, tired, hungry, and mildly lost.

Zaryn wandered aimlessly throughout the dusty streets of this little forest village. He found this place to be quite charming, actually. It was a nice change of pace from the usual hot and arid desert, and the trees! Oh my gosh, there were actually trees! But there was no time for more wandering! His tummy was rumbly and and he could use a nice drink to go along with food. He found himself asking people if there was an inn, and each time he'd approach someone, they'd do a quick double-take before pointing wordlessly down the street and running off. After asking enough people, he eventually came to a cute little inn. Zaryn ducked inside and made his way directly to the bar.

"One room, two ales, and whatever you've got for food," he said, his booming voice filling the room. "I'm starving!"

Klezmer Gryphon

The kitchen had been busy all day, and business showed no sign of slowing down. Soups to stir and laddle into bowls, puddings to unwrap and dry, and salads to toss... So many things to do, and Liarri was in the midst of it all. With several assitant cooks scurrying about to get ingredients ready, there was a clamor of pots, pans, and other cookware throughout the room, and yet Liarri's senstive ears never missed the sounds of a customer at the bar. Especially one with such a booming voice.

Without so much a thought about her flour-covered apron, hands and face, Liarri plucked down a bottle of Connlaothian mhìnòni from the back shelf, grabbed a stein from the cabinet, and sashayed into the bar area through the saloon doors to the left of the cabinets with a warm grin on her face.

"Apologies for the mess, but we're a little shorthanded today," Liarri chuckled as she set the bottle and mug down on the bar counter, looking over the interesting figure in front of her, "There's your ale, and we have a couple things cooking right now. Some leek and potato soup, a couple meat puddings, and maybe a batch of fritters. Any of that sound appetizing?"

((Mhìnòniac are a group of meads of Damhnait origin, brewed from fermented honey and spiced herbs like wormwood, green anise and sweet fennel. Liarri keeps more of this in stock than she does other beverages, which is why it's the first thing she grabs out of the cabinet.))

Fukurou

"Oooooooh!" A wide tooth-bearing grin spread across Zaryn's face as he slammed the palm of his hand down on the table. "All of it!" He swooped up the stein, sending a small amount of the ale sloshing onto the table, and took a big gulp. His eyes widened as he brought the stein down. "Lady, this is fantastic! What is is?"

Klezmer Gryphon

Liarri smiled as the fellow at the bar took eagerly to the drink. Most people did, which made mhìnòniac among the popular items the inn served. Still, she couldn't help but chuckle at his question.

"Oh, that's a trade secret! After all, I can't have the competition serving something just like it, can I?" the doe said with a wink as she collected the bottle from the counter, the saloon doors waving back and forth as she disappeared back into the kitchen.

A few minutes of clanging pots and pans and some shouting a foreign language later, Liarri reemerged from the kitchen doors carrying a steaming bowl of soup and a freshly boiled pudding, setting both down on the bar counter in front of her customer.

"Kitchen aides... So clueless sometimes..." she muttered.