Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Temporary Home (open)

Started by Storm, August 20, 2016, 07:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storm

"well for one thing you haven't already tried to kill me. And for another thing you followed me without me giving you a reason to save food and some company. Already you are vastly different. " He said putting his hands behind his head and stretching out on his bed roll

Bunbun

Juliana crossed her arms and looked into the distance.

"Okay, as long as you're absolutely sure. But if I were you, I would've questioned what a person was doing in the Fell before inviting them into my shelter. There's no limit to people who are willing to take advantage of those willing to help them."

She paused for a moment, then shrugged.

"I guess there's no use trying to get someone who devotes their whole life to something to change their mind about it so easily, though. If that's what you want to do, then you'll end up doing it regardless."

Juliana glanced down at Whitebone, who was currently making himself comfortable on his bedroll.

"So, uh, when are we planning on leaving here?"

Storm

He just shrugged "haven't been out in a while. " He said simply "and yes. It gives me an excuse to go exploring myself. Don't care what you are looking for, take what you want t but new ruins are always sweet. Ooooo maybe I'll find a new bow! Or a sword! " He said starting to get excited with a happy smile. Thinking for a moment he grinned "fist thing in the morning. You look tired. Get some rest. It's a half a days journey from here."

Bunbun

Juliana frowned, a little disappointed that they couldn't get moving right away. However, they couldn't exactly be walking for hours in the middle of the night. The best thing she could do was to try and get as much rest as possible.

"Alright, then. G'night."

With that, she approached the fire and curled up on the ground next to it, pulling the hood of her robe over her head. It wasn't exactly the most comfortable position, but she decided that it would have to make do. She stayed awake a little while longer, trying to shake off the feeling of dread that constantly radiated from the Fell. For all she knew, this might be a sleep that she never woke up from...

Finally, after a few minutes of silently staring into the fire, she drifted off to sleep.

Storm

Frowning he watched her drift off. With a small sigh he stayed laying down until he saw her fully asleep before forgoing his own rest and sat  up to keep watch. Leaning back with his back to the tree stump that he was on earlier he began to think on the days events. He normally was not this trusting but maybe it was because of the lack of interaction with people these past few months that lead him to gladly accept any remotely friendly person. Or maybe it was one of the few times he really felt something other than evil coming off of a person when they came here. The Fell was a strange place with strange things, but generally if you come with the intention not to harm then harm normally did not come to you.

Touching the ground softly with his hand he smiled gently. This was a place to learn, to learn the past and the future of Mages and the world in general.

Bunbun

Truth be told, Juliana was pretty relieved to wake up in the morning and realize that nothing too eventful  had occurred during the night. As far as she could tell, everything seemed the same. At the very least, it didn't look like they'd been ambushed during the night.

Juliana sat upright, spending a few minutes stretching and rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. That wasn't the greatest sleep she'd ever had, and as a result she still felt a bit tired from the previous day's events. Eventually, she stood up, removing her hood and trying to fix her hair.

"Hey, are you awake yet?" she asked, not bothering to go and check for herself.

Storm

" yup" he replied quickly. " Breakfast is ready whenever you want to eat but we should head out soon before the sun becomes too hot. We can stop for lunch before we get there . " He said standing up and stretching running his hand through his hair. He already had his coat and bow back on and his pack already packed save the cooking utensils

Bunbun

"Don't worry about it, I can eat while we're travelling."

Juliana was clearly more energetic than she was yesterday, after getting some rest and having a renewed sense of hope that she would actually find something in the Fell. She'd survived one night just fine, so she felt a lot more confident than she did initially. Heck, today might even be enjoyable.

Storm

Whitebone grinned and chuckled "Alright lets go then!" He said with a fist pump. Jumping up after putting out the fire and putting away the supplies he shouldered his pack and started making his way out of the trees  with a massive smile plastered on his face.

Thinking about all the possibilities of what could be found, history, maybe some cool weapons and even some sort of coffin would be cool. He did not care about magical things but he could let Juliana have her way with that stuff. Unless it was a book or a journal then he would pass out of happiness. Or something that has not beenrusted.

Bunbun

Juliana simply gave a nod in response. She wasn't entirely sure what she was going to be looking for in the ruins, but she had a few rough ideas. Most of all, she wanted something that could amplify her magical abilities, something that would help her to achieve her true potential. If no such thing could be found, though, then perhaps there were some writings left behind from the mages of ancient times. Finally, if she was going to frequently visit places like this in the future, something to defend herself with wouldn't hurt.

"Okay, lead the way." Juliana responded plainly, eager to get moving.

Kalak8538

In one of the abandoned cobbled streets, half buried under rubble, lay an old sword. Despite its age, it still shone with the same silver sheen it had when back when it was newly forged. An opaque auburn gem adorned the hilt, just below the curved blade. A weak magical energy emanated from it. Even if most could not sense that power, it did not take a mage to see that this weapon was enchanted. The exact source of such power was a mystery...

The sword simply lay dormant under weathered stone and debris, with no owner to wield it any longer. The one who had previously owned it was long dead, with any remains long turned to dust and lost to time. It had been here for an age, awaiting the day someone new would find it. And by chance, it seemed that this could be that day...

Storm

Whitebone smiled softly as he came upon the old structures looking around he nodded "take whatever way you want but sundown I'll be making dinner here. So meet up by then if you want to eat. Yell if you get hurt and can't get out. Old things fall easily" he said making his way down to the rubble below

Bunbun

"Yeah, I'll be sure to be careful around here. Make sure you don't hurt yourself, either."

Leaving only those words, Juliana left to go explore the ruins on her own. Whitebone wasn't terrible company, but she did like to have some time to herself once in a while. Plus, this way each of them could examine whatever interested them without slowing the other down.

For Juliana, the first hour or so of exploring was... uneventful, to say the least. The closest thing to relics she came across were a few pages from various books scattered across the ruins. Unfortunately, they were all rendered essentially useless for one reason or another. Some of them included diagrams that were near impossible to understand without proper context, while others were written in a language that had likely been forgotten over such a long period of time. The most common problem, though, was that the pages were burnt beyond recognition. Regardless, Juliana decided to gather them up and keep them in case they proved useful at a later time. Mostly, she just didn't want to walk away from this place empty-handed.

As luck- or perhaps fate?- would have it, something unusual eventually happened. Juliana was searching around, trying to find buildings that were actually accessible, when a familiar sensation washed over her. She stopped dead in her tracks, trying to recall what the cause of that particular feeling was, when it hit her.

Iron.

Yes, the sensation was unmistakable. Juliana was approaching something made out of iron. The question was, where exactly was the object located? She couldn't simply try feeling around with her hands, as she would end up burning herself if she touched it directly. That really only left her with one option, which was to wander around like an idiot until she felt the sensation get more powerful.

Faaaaaaaantastic.

Storm

Whitebone nearly had a heart attack as soon as he realized the floor beneath him gave out and crashed to the ground. With a small pout he rubbed his sore butt and got up. Shaking off the dust from his coat his smile returned even brighter than normal. He had no idea that he would stumble into a room of weapons. Weapons meaning not all rotten bows and swords. No powerful stuff as far as he could tell but this was just as good. Finding some decent arrows and arrow heads was a treasure itself until he came across a dead guy holding a no rotten book. Overcome with joy he skipped around the room until he had calmed down some to pick up the book and store it for some reading later on. Grabbing a few strange looking bows as well he started to look around for a way out.

Bunbun

After a few minutes of searching, Juliana finally felt the sensation of iron growing more prevalent. It didn't take long after that for her to pinpoint the object in question: a blade that had been buried in the ruins for god knows how long. Juliana took her time removing rubble from around the sword, being careful not to touch the blade of the sword. Afterwards, she slowly wrapped her hand around the handle, extracting the sword from the rubble and holding it up to the sun to examine it. It certainly looked customary made, with its odd shape and the gem planted on the hilt. Strangely, it looked brand new; the blade was completely devoid of rust, contrary to most metal found in the fell.

Trying to decide what to do with it, Juliana took a few small swings with the sword. A lot of people made doing so look easy, but the thing was a lot heavier that she expected. Tiring herself out pretty easily, she quickly decided to stop fooling around with it for now. Instead, she tried to find anything else unique about the sword. Judging by the embedded gem and untarnished metal, there was no doubt that it was enchanted in some way. However, she knew nothing beyond that, and the aura of the iron interfered with her sensing anything else coming from the sword. If she wanted to learn anything more, she'd need some help.

"Hey, Whitebone? I found something you might want to see!"

Storm

Whitebone perked up at the sound of his name "Ok! Ill be there in a moment!" He called back. With a shrug he finally decided to chose the lazy way out out of the ole and make a staircase of Ice. It was not exactly the most perfect plan that he had ever but it worked all the same. Jumping along the rocks as he made it out safely he strung the two bows on his back and made his way over.

poking his head through the a hole in the rubble he smiled "You called?" He asked with a big grin.

Bunbun

Juliana jumped at Whitebone's sudden appearance, nearly dropping the sword out of surprise.

"Oh, for god's sake! You could at least warn me before popping up out of nowhere like that!"

The response was more out of shock than of anger, but it wasn't exactly easy to tell the difference with her. Taking a second to regain her composure, she then held the sword in front of herself so that Whitebone could see it.

"Check this thing out. It might look brand new, but I found it like this buried under a bunch of rubble. It looks really strange, so I thought it might have an enchantment of some sort. What do you think?"

Storm

He laughed at her reaction with delight and came around the corner. Taking the sword from her he looked intently at it. Poking it he laughed "Who knows! " He said with glee and swung it with precision that made him speechless.

"Oh by the heavens above it is beautiful...If I could marry a weapon I would marry this one" He exclaimed at design and the way it moved in the air. Whitebone looked at Juliana with happiness "This is a beautiful sword" He gasped at her

Bunbun

Juliana frowned disapprovingly when Whitebone shrugged off her question. Sure, it was a pretty unique sword, but she didn't think that was something to get so excited over. She was more interested in the sword's more supernatural quality, the ability to stand up to the ultimate trials of time without even a scratch. Something was definitely up with this sword, and Juliana was determined to figure it out.

"I don't know very much about weapons or enchantments, so I was kinda counting on you to know something about it. I just know there's something special about this sword, beyond how it looks."

Kalak8538

The magic energy of the ancient blade reacted to the human's first touch, only slightly. It slowly began to intensify over time, even as the woman was swinging it. It was as if the weapon was waking up.

Such a strange phenomenon... The work of older magic.

The process was slow, due to the long amount of time it had been dormant. By the time the two were huddled around the old iron blade, the power of the weapon was obvious. A dim light began shining from the auburn gem in the hilt.

Tags: