Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Temporary Home (open)

Started by Storm, August 20, 2016, 07:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storm

HE laughed "It is very special, but I have no idea what it could do. Oooo watch this" EH said as it started to glow brighter with each swing. Grinning again, Whitebone tried out a move that Malki thought him, he did not care to use swords as much as bows but he was proficient enough. Humming he smiled.

"You think its named?" He asked poking the sword again with a laugh

Bunbun

Juliana's eyes grew wider as she noticed the gem start to glow. It definitely wasn't like that when she saw it lying on the ground. So, the sword must have been enchanted in some way after all. That was cool and all, but it also meant that swinging it around without knowing what it was capable of could be dangerous.

"Be careful with it. We don't know what that thing can do yet."

Juliana slowly leaned in closer to the sword, her eyes naturally drawn to the gem. Out of curiosity, she gently slid her finger across the gem to see if it would react somehow.

"I don't know if it has a name or not. Is it engraved anywhere?"

Kalak8538

The more the sword was swung around, the more it came to life. However, it was not complete until the woman's hand came in direct contact with the gem.

It emitted a bright glow, only for a moment or so. Then, it quickly faded again. It seemed ordinary once again... just as mundane as when it was first recovered from the rubble.

That is, until something happened to prove the contrary. A noise was heard from it: a soft yawn...

Storm

Whitebone held the sword out to here "here you have it. It seams to react to you more, and plus. I got my bow and you have...ummm well you have a sword now" he said after the glow died down. Then his eyes got wide.

"THIS IS SO COOL! "He exclaimed in pure joy and wonder "did you hear that?!?! It like totally just yawned. Oh my gosh this is epic!! "Whitebone fangirled over the sword. He was already over exuberant by finding some stuff that he could use but a yawning sword set him over the edge of happiness

Kalak8538

The prolonged yawn waned and fell to silence. However, it was soon replaced by another sound.

"Woah... How long has it been? It feels like an AEON since you last picked me up!"

The voice that emanated from the sword was soft, and was at a bit of a higher pitch than that of a human's. It almost seemed uncharacteristic for a voice like that to come from a weapon of iron.

Bunbun

Juliana accepted the sword, once again examining the gem. It seemed to react more violently when she touched it, but now it seemed to have died down. For a moment, Juliana was a little worried that she had broken it, but not long after, the sword emitted a soft sound. Was that... a yawn? No, that obviously couldn't be it. Swords didn't yawn. However, it continued to do another thing that should have been impossible.

The sword talked.

Juliana's jaw practically hit the floor, her eyes alternating between staring at Whitebone and staring at the sword. This was ridiculous. It had to be some kind of joke, right?

...Right!?

"...That didn't happen. Tell me that didn't just happen."

Kalak8538

"Oh!" the voice exclaimed, finally hearing the another.

"I... I'm sorry! I didn't know you had a guest..."

It was suddenly apologetic. However it did not seem like an apology for rudeness. It was more like an apology out of fear, as if a child had broken some known rule.

Storm

"yes it talked oh goodness!! Hello! How are you?what's your name? What are you? Are you really a sword?" Whitebone started to bombard the sword with excited questions.stopping suddenly he took a deep breath "nononono don't be afraid we are chill! Hi am Whitebone!" He said with an electric grin

Bunbun

This couldn't be happening. It had to be the product of some messed up dream. Luckily, Juliana had an easy way of testing if this was the case. Disregarding the caution she had shown before, she poked the side of the sword... and immediately recoiled from pain.

"Ah!"

That hurt like hell, but nothing else changed. She was still standing there, holding a sword that was apparently capable of talking. Juliana couldn't make that up if she tried.

"Hey, I'm not 'chill'. How on earth can someone be calm when a sword starts talking to them? If someone doesn't explain this, I'm gonna lose my mind."

Storm

Whitebone just grinned and made grabby hands like a little child " if you don't like it can I hold it?" He asked with wide eyes "come on talking sword. This is epic!! I mean look at this pose you can do" he said while pretending to hold the sword high in the air and in a lunge with a crazy smile

Kalak8538

"Woah, woah, WOAH!" the voice retorted against the onslaught of questioning.

"Easy there!"

As it spoke, the gem began shining again. It was only a dim light, but it was there all the same. Other than that, the weapon did nothing. It was, after all, just a sword.

"I like playing twenty questions as much as the next guy... but I have some first:
Who are you two?
...and where is my wielder?"

Bunbun

As Juliana watched Whitebone strike a pose with a pretend sword, she made a mental note to hold onto the real sword. She might not be too open to the idea of a talking sword, but handing it over just seemed downright dangerous.

Taking a deep breath, Juliana decided what she had to do. She was going to do the unthinkable. She was actually going to talk to the sword.

"...Alright, listen up. My name's Juliana, and that crazy-sounding guy is called Whitebone. We're here because we're looking for artifacts. Well, at least that's what I'm doing. As for your 'wielder'?"

She paused for a moment to think.

"If you're referring to your owner, they're probably dead. People generally don't leave this kind of stuff just lying around."

Storm

He pouted and sat down and fiddled with his bow " yeah people do" he said softly and leaning back looking around he frowned a bit "we better get going for today. It's getting dark" he said getting back up with an uneasy feeling

Kalak8538

"Dead...?" it asked incredulously.

"Well, he IS a bit absent-minded at times... You shouldn't jump to such conclusions!"

There was a short pause. The gem's light waned, until it was completely gone again. Still, the voice was not finished.

That is... unless you 'saw' something happen..."

The tone was more curious than before. The voice said this with a certain air of accusation.

Storm

"...sword...i would hate to break this to you but it's...it's uhhh benn a long time...and if you can see what's around you...well this place is dead" whitebone winced as he spoke softly sobering up, being more uneasy than before

Bunbun

Juliana nodded in agreement to Whitebone's words.

"I know I can't say for certain, but when you find something half-buried in a place as dangerous as the Fell, it doesn't take much to put two and two together and conclude that the owner isn't sticking around. Besides, if anyone knows where your owner is, it should be you! You were with him when it happened, weren't you?"

It was obvious that the conversation was growing tenser, but Juliana didn't care. She'd never been great at trying to defuse a situation, anyways.

Kalak8538

The glowing rose as the voice cut in with a sharp interjection.

"HEY! Don't call me that! I am not a SWORD!"

After that remark, both the voice and light calmed down.

"I'm just stuck in one... it said with a bit of sadness.

"...AND" it started once more, "...one  of the drawbacks is that I can't see what's going on around me! What's 'the Fell'? This is not the city?"

Storm

"well if you would have told us your name I would call you by that! And why are you In a sword then? Can't you get out? And yeah it's a city. Well was a city Juliana it's what a few thousand years since the fall of this society?" He asked her after criticizing the talking sword

Kalak8538

"Okay, Woah. You're doing it again. I can only process one question at a time!" snapped the voice with a snarky tone.

Bunbun

Finally, the being inside the sword said something that Juliana could actually understand and relate to. The feeling of being trapped against your own will... nobody should have to go through that. With that thought in mind, Juliana finally began to calm down. For now, though, all she could do was try and find all the information she could get.

"Alright, alright. Just calm down. Yes, the Fell used to be a city, but it was destroyed years ago. Right now, we're standing in the ruins of said city. If you're old enough to remember a time when this place was still a city, then your owner is certainly dead by now, by old age if nothing else."

Whatever was trapped in the sword was clearly not pleased with being overwhelmed by questions, so Juliana decided to take them one at a time.

"Okay, we'll start with something simple, then. What's your name? If you can even remember it, that is."

Tags: