Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Temporary Home (open)

Started by Storm, August 20, 2016, 07:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storm

Whitebone stuck his toung out at her with a pout. But of course that did not stay long and he quickly gave up grinning like a mad man. Slipping off his new collection of bows he listened in silence while inspecting them. Patting his own original bow he smiled "don't worry I would never give you up" he said to it and it gave no reply like always. He kinda liked his bow like that. He found it in the fell and it has served him with a loyalty that no per has ever generated him. With a small giggle he tested out the new bows with some ice arrows, shooting them around the place

Kalak8538

"D-Destroyed?!"

That word seemed to hit like a tone of bricks. The full effect was stifled, since the chuck of iron that was the sword could not show any sort of emotion.

"How... Why did it...?"

Now it was the voice that started with the questions. That is, until it stopped itself.

"Umm... You can call me Flit..."

Bunbun

Juliana paid little attention to Whitebone's antics, only showing a reaction when he started firing arrows. At that point, she shot him a glare to make it obvious that she was not impressed. Now wasn't the time to get all moody.

"Okay... Flit? I'm afraid that's not a name I'm familiar with. I do have another question, though. Like Whitebone asked, how the hell did you get trapped in a sword?

Storm

He ignored her and continue to talk to his bow while continuing to shoot ice arrows. Aiming for the far wall he drew the string back, formed an arrow and decided to freeze it a bit more and letting go. With a twang the arrow crashed through the wall, surprising him. He did not do that often, even by accident.

"These are sweet bows" he said to himself with a grin. "Flit eh? Cool name bro!" He called over his shoulder.

Kalak8538

"It's a... bit of a long story..."

Flit's voice retained that same saddened tone from before. The exact details were still a painful memory to visit. He was extremely hesitant to retell them, especially after receiving such news. This was clearly evident in his tone of voice.

"The other one... Wishbone? Was it? ...said something about 'few thousand years'. What did he mean by that?"

Bunbun

Unfortunately, it looked like that line of questioning was a dead end for now. Trying to get Whitebone to stop firing arrows was apparently also a dead end, which was not surprising in the least. Maybe answering Flit's own questions would be the best course of action.

"Well, 'Wishbone' wasn't kidding when he said that. It's been a damn long time since this place could even be recognizable as a city. Been so long, in fact, that nobody even remembers what it was called before it fell. You'd probably know more about the city itself than we do."

Storm

"She ain't wrong" He called over his shoulder "And hey! Its Whitebone. Like my bow! Its white, like ice and its made of bone! like the stuff in our bodies! Ya get me?" He continued stopping only to glare at the sword for a second and then he continued what he was doing with a small pout on his face "It aint that hard..." He grumbled

Kalak8538

The blade grew silent. Flit voice no longer sounded.

The humans couldn't see it, but he had been overwhelmed by such information. Thousands of years... He could not believe that he had been dormant so long. In fact, a part of him even refused to believe it. If only he could see the outside world. That was a luxury he no longer had...

Bunbun

For a moment, complete silence overcame the ruins. Nobody seemed to be in the mood to be asking or answering any more questions. There was only one thing they could do in a situation like this. Giving a sigh and lowering the sword slightly, Juliana called over to Whitebone.

"Hey, you were right, we should get going. There's nothing left for us to do here, and I really don't want to be wandering around here in the dark."

Storm

"She sees reason!" He said raising his arms to the sky with  a chuckle. Getting up he slung the bows over his shoulder and walked out looking around to make sure no one was around. Nodding he followed the ruins and stopped at an overhang. Deciding that was a good sport he sat down to start the fire for a meal.

Bunbun

Juliana quickly checked over her shoulder before following Whitebone, going into a light jog to catch up. When they reached a spot where they could rest, she sat in silence as she watched the fire grow from a small ember to a decently sized fire. As much as she didn't really think about the situation she'd found herself in, she did have one final question to ask.

"Hey, Flit? I know that you have a lot of things to consider right now, and you don't have to answer it, but I think this question is really important. What are you going to do now that you're, y'know, awake?"

Kalak8538

In response to the question, the blade remained silent, and the gem did not shine. Flit was still there, listening to every word, but said nothing. On the outside, it seemed like he had become dormant once again.

After moments of silence, the gem began to dimly blink.

"What do you mean, 'what am I going to do'?" said the voice. It sounded... annoyed.

"I can't DO anything! I'm going to be stuck in this thing!"

It paused again, shifting from annoyance to full-blown anger. The gem came to life, glowing brilliantly with a light that almost rivaled the fire's.

"I can't move, I can't see what's around me... I can't even feel anything anymore! I'm going to stick around and be trapped, giving this sword the magic it needs to make fire! Or lightning! Or whatever the wielder wants!"

The light once again died down to a dim glow.

"Other than talk, that's all I can do..." he grumbled.

Bunbun

Once again, there was a moment of silence, save for the crackling of the fire. Juliana tried to find the words to respond with, but they refused to come out. How were you supposed to respond to something like that?

"...I'm sorry. Forget I said anything." she mumbled quietly, her words almost completely drained of energy. It was the only thing she could think to say. She couldn't motivate herself to say anything else on the matter, or even ask Flit to expand on the sword's abilities.

Slowly, the sickly feeling that Juliana had felt the night before started to creep up on her again. Perhaps it was for a different reason than last time, but it was definitely there. In an effort to comfort herself, she started to fiddle with her bell, creating a quiet jingling.

Kalak8538

From the sword came the sound of Flit letting out a sigh.

"No... Don't worry about it..." he said apologetically.

"It's just, getting myself trapped like this... then waking up to find I've been asleep for a few thousand years?" It's just... a lot to take in..."

Storm

Whitebone remained silent listening to what the sword man had to say. Frowning deep in thought he sighed "if only there was a way" he grumbled to himself. He hated to hear the pain in the voice of the sword,mKing him want to do something for the voice

Bunbun

Juliana shook her head in response to Flit, despite the fact that he had no way of knowing that she did so.

"Nah, it was my bad. I shouldn't have asked such a dumb question."

Turning her attention to Whitebone's comment, she rested her chin in her palm and did some thinking aloud of her own.

"That's the thing, though. Even if there is a way to undo the enchantment, I don't have the slightest clue where to start. Neither of us have much experience in that field, and anyone directly involved in the incident should be long gone by now."

Kalak8538

"Wait... A-Are you two... actually considering freeing me?!"

The voice had a more hopeful tone to it. Flit asked this, hoping he was hearing the conversation correctly.

Bunbun

"Well, I can't think of any reason not to. The way I see it, finding a way to reverse the enchantment is more beneficial to me than just leaving it like this. I'm no warrior; I don't stand to gain much from a sword that I'll rarely use, if ever. Especially not one made of iron. On the other hand, if I learn how to break the enchantment, it means that I've learned a little more about how magic works. That's part of the reason I came here in the first place. It's a win-win... as long as you're not planning to go berserk when you get out of there."

The last part of Juliana's explanation was said in a joking manner, but she really didn't know what Flit was capable of. Returning to a more serious tone, she continued to speak.

"Seriously, though, I can't forgive someone who would trap someone like this against their will. Everyone should have a say in what they want to do with their lives, not... this."

Storm

Whitebone nodded "the fact that someone would do that is outrageous. " He said thinking " hey maybe we should go exploring tomorrow, maybe there is a book or something that could help us. It's not much but it's a Start " he shrugged

Kalak8538

The gem began to glow brilliantly once again.
Flit was all choked up. All he could do was let out an excited squeak at first.

"T-Thank you... Thank you!" his voice said, after he composed himself.

He no longer had this capacity, but there would have been tears to accompany such joy. He went on as if he would be freed within the next few minutes, even though it was clear that these two had no clue on how to free him.

"You... You h-humans never seemed to care about us before... Thank you!"