Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A forest full of surprises! (Ice)

Started by ValamLym, August 29, 2016, 06:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ValamLym

It had been a relatively calm day, the night was cool but not so much that one would require thick clothing, the wind softly brushed through the trees, coating the area in a serenade of ticking wood and chirping leaves and birds.

A relatively small, petite and gorgeous looking girl dragged her right hand through her hair, the wind blowing through it ever so silently, giving her an even more graceful appearance. She had worn a simple white tunic, black pants and a pinkish bracer around her palm.  her long black hair dangled just past her shoulders, glistening in the moonlight. She directed a smile to her left, giving the man beside her a comforting smile ''It's nice and quiet here... Nobody will disturb us!'' she let out a short giggle, before   Clasping her hand around his, the hand belonged to a tall young man of roughly twenty years old, he seemed extremely happy as she dragged him along and gently coiled her fingers around his.

The two had been dating for a while now and everything seemed like a dream. Although he had no idea where this girl came from, or how; he didn't care, she was beautiful and kind beyond belief. Never in his wildest dreams dared he imagine a man like him deserved something like her.. but here he was. Suddenly, his trail of thought was interrupted as she ran in front of him, stepping up in front of a river, her loving pinkish eyes fixated on his.

''Can I ask you a favor?''

Her voice rang through the silent woods,a soft smile spread across her lips, tucking her hands behind her back as she nudged her head.

The man coughed, wondering what this was about.. Perhaps they would finally kiss! or maybe even marriage! He slapped the side of his head, shaking it. Keep it together man! he thought to himself fixating his gaze back to the girl in front of him ''You can ask me anything, Anna.''

''Would you die for me?''

The words slammed into his heart like thunder, a look of bewilderment and shock covering the man's face. He stuttered, backing up a little as he attempted to make sense of what he just heard. Perhaps he just misunderstood?! ''I-.. I don't think I.. heard you..''

The girl grinned at him, walking toward him with a soft smile upon her lips spreading her arms and wrapping them around his neck, pressing herself against him. She placed a teasing kiss on his cheek, before moving her lips toward his ear ''Would you -die- for me..'' the words sounded again, her voice was now a lot more demanding, cold harsh words passing her lips, a wicked grin crossing her lips as he pushed away. ''What the hell are you saying!?'' he inquired, but he soon got his answer.

She opened the palm of her hands, a loud thunder like clap was heard echoing through the forest and within said palm an spear like object of pure chaos energy took form, she smirked at him once more, backing him against a tree. ''I had lots of fun.. I will cherish all the gifts you gave me...'' she snickered, eyeing the terrified man ''What did you expect... someone like me? with someone like you? Don't mock me.'' the man stuttered to speak, but instead a stinging pain surged through his chest, he clasped his chest only to realize she had blown a hole clean through him, he gagged a little, choking on his own blood before death took him, slowly collapsing on the ground with that terrified look frozen on his face.

She cackled like a maniac, looking down on her handy work ''I can't believe how stupid you men are! so easy to manipulate... And you wanted to become a mage?! Laughable!''with a simple gesture the chaos magic vanished as she walked up to the man's body, a green hue emitting from it. ''There's my price..'' she muttered, extending her palm, fingers coiling around the green substance before pulling and folding it into a little ball, she held said ball in front of her eyes ''My, such a small and frail soul, I suppose it was to be expected.. Well then, I hope you don't mind I treat myself to it!'' She eyed the man's corpse for a moment, before plopping the green ball into her mouth, giving it a few tugs with her tongue before swallowing it.

Her gaze then returned to the body, kneeling before it and searching it for any kind of valuables, coins, artifacts anything. When she had done that and gained a few useless coins, she began pondering what to do with the body.. Perhaps leave it for the beasts and risk someone finding it, or dispose of it herself? ''Oh!'' she exclaimed, looking at the body again ''I forgot to mention, my name is Amira!'' she chuckled, giving said corpse a playful bump on the shoulder ''Not that its worth anything to you right now..''

Ice

Another quiet night had fallen as a creature made his way through the silent woods now. Nothing around this creature dared to make its presence known to him. He was a monster of nightmares. One who fed upon the fear of others. But there was something that no one knew about this creature. He was a loner who hated having to use his powers on others. He did not like to harm others. However he did have to feed to survive. So he was forced to hunt other creatures. Even if he hated it.

He continues to move in silence as he wondered if he would find someone out here. That's when he heard a loud sound. He wasn't sure what it was but it came from the direction he was stalking towards. Hum maybe there was a magic user out here. Not that it would matter much. All he had to do was simply stare at his victims eyes for his powers to start working. Though to feed he did have to touch them. That always hurt at first but it was a necessary pain. In fact he kind of enjoyed it. Just like he liked pain when doing other things as well. Though that wasn't even remotely on his mind at the moment.

He paused as his glowing red eyes saw a strange scene ahead of him. There was a female who looked human from what he could see. She was next to the body of a male human. Now the creature had several things to consider here. Something could have killed him and was still here. Or she was the one who had done the killing. Either way he didn't really wish to become the next victim.

He started to back away . Now he floated instead of walked he was still kind of clumsy . And what happened next would just prove this fact. He lost his concentration and focus. When that happened he felt to the ground with a crash. He groaned in pain as he tried to get back to his feet. Well if that didn't get her attention nothing would.

ValamLym

She had been busy savoring her victory, delighting at the scene when a cracking twig from behind caught her attention. She smirked looking over her shoulder as large black feathery wings grew from her back and a black ooze changed her attire to a much more revealing less common one.

''My my, do I hear a visitor?''

She inquired, her voice echoing and demonic. A clap of thunder was heard as the very same spear she used to kill the man was shaped once more. She stepped toward from where the noise came, when she pushed aside the brushes and stared down on him she was quite amused.

''Really, -you- tried to come between me and my prey? Or could you just not resist peeking?''

She eyed the man inquisitively, bring her hands forward; pointing the chaotic energy at him.

''I've not got enough space for you in my gut so I'll humor you, why should I not destroy you?''

Her violet gaze was fixated on the man, taking on a combat ready stance. Should he try anything.

Ice

Phears was trying to get up as he heard her talking. Well he definitely got her attention. he grumbled to himself about how stupid that was. He knew he needed to get out of here. Then he heard the sound of her approaching. Oh no this wasn't good.

He blinked and tried to back away when she came close to him. He could feel the magic from her weapon as she pointed it at him. He looked at her knowing that she was a more powerful creature then he was. So he chose to do something he never did he tried to play the submissive lesser creature.

" Well I just heard a noise. I could not help but look. I mean would you not be curious as well." He said keeping his usual emotionless and soft tone . He looked at her with his glowing red eyes. They were all that could be seen from beneath his hood. She would not want to see what he looked like. He was one of those creature that nightmare were made of.a true monster.

Then she said something else. Something that almost scare him. She was debating on killing him. Well while he was sure she could do that he really did not wish to die. So he tried to to make another suggestion a deal if you would. " Well as easy as that would be for someone like you perhaps there is something else you would like ? " He inquired.

He knew that there wasn't much he could give her. However he really hoped she might find something she wanted. She did look ready to fight. However he wasn't stupid enough to try to fight her.

ValamLym

Amira huffed, looking down at the creature. What the hell was it anyway? and what was it doing being here? she couldn't quite let curiosity get the better of her and maintained her stoic and demanding demeanor, although slowly she felt herself consumed by curiosity.

She took a step back, to be able further analyse the creature before her. She couldn't quite find anything, after all the ''man'' was fully clothed, contrary to herself he didn't seem to want to reveal any skin Pity.. she thought, as she looked at him.

When he finally spoke she snickered with amusement, curiously glancing at his red eyes for as long as he made eye contact. She already had the hunch that he wasn't human, this just confirmed it.

''Curiosity gets you killed, little one.''

She spoke, her voice firm and cold. All sorts of options went through her head, as curiosity was gnawing at the back of her mind. Perhaps she could pluck him apart and see? No, that'd be a waste of a delicious soul like his. Or perhaps she could simply ask? he wasn't going to deny her anyway. At-least, so far he hadn't been stupid enough to do so.

When he asked her what she would like, it clicked in her head. She could get him to do anything she wanted? He'd be foolish if he didn't. She sighed, a smile rolling onto her face as her body changed again. Her wings disappearing back into her torso and her clothes molding into a white dress and soft black boots, her leathery gloves disappearing. She moved a hand through her hair, almost seductively, before returning her gaze to him.

''You have my curiosity, creature... I want to know what you are and what it is that you -really- hoped to find here.''

Despite the fact that she looked a lot ''cuter'' her voice was still a twist between demonic and angelic, eying him with her pinkish eyes, sparkling with curiosity.

''Perhaps you can even avoid being eaten today, who knows.''

She shrugged, smirking at him, before crushing the chaotic spear she held in her hand. Hopefully making the situation a lot less tense for him. Unless he really didn't like talking about himself - then the situation was about to get way worse.

Ice

Phears shivered a little as he looked at the female. Now he wouldn't deny the fact that she was attacked or anything like that. However he was more concerned with surviving  this encounter then he was with anything else. He shifted a bit as he was starting to more nervous. The way she looked at him and they way she spoke intimidated him a bit.

She seemed amused at his first comment. However it was the truth. At least part of it anyway. He had no intention of telling her the real reason he was out here. That could get him hurt.  When she looked at his eyes he instantly looked away. He did not wish to use his powers on her by accident. See he had no control over his fear powers . He was young for his kind. " Indeed that's noted" he stated back to her.

He then saw her change her form. He kind of wondered why she did that. If she thought that it would make him feel better she was wrong. He knew she wasn't human and that alone was reason enough for him to want to avoid her.

" I am a creature who feeds on fear. I think by that statement you should know why I came here." He said in responded to her questions. He didn't move to get up. Even though the weapon was gone. He was watching her carefully looking for a reaction. He knew that his words could have been taken the wrong way.

Then he smiled to her last statement. She had already to him that she was full. So he knew she would not be eating him. Though he did state that fact when he should have kept his mouth shut. " You already said you were full."  He realized that was probably not the most intelligent thing to say right then. Him and his big stupid mouth.

ValamLym

Amira snickered at the creatures submissive behavior, she enjoyed having her ego stroked, as one might expect of a creature like she. She however, didn't completely buy the creatures tale, whether it was that she was suspicious far to easily or just because her instincts told her he had left details out, she didn't know. But the doubt was certainly there.

When he looked away her interest was only piqued further, giving him a grim smirk.

''I think there may be some confusion regarding.. your options.''

She stepped closer to him placing her palms on her hips, as she listened to him speak. She didn't know whether he was simply brave or extremely foolish, either way her hand seemed to be forced as she didn't quite like his smart mouthing.

''Instead of eating your soul, I could always pick it apart..''

another step, she stood right next to him now. She didn't look down at him, rather she looked straight forward. Her senses however were honed in on him. She stayed that way for several minutes in complete silence, before finally turning her gaze down at him.

''So you feed on fear.. And you no doubt hoped I was a scared little girl? This must be so weird for you...''

Ice

Phears cringed a little acknowledging that he was in danger at the moment. He wasn't really sure how he was supposed to get out of this predicament though. He figured that he tried to stand or made any sudden movements he would probably be killed by this woman.

He heard what she stated to him. Well he figured that either way this wasn't going to be very pleasant for him. The bad thing was that all she really had to do was simply touch him. The pain that simple touches caused him was a very intense one. Though few ever thought that something so simple was that painful.

" Please don't kill me..." he said in a voice that slighly more respectful then the one he used before. However that tone was still present. Maybe it was an accident that time though. She was very close to him now. He scooted up a bit in an attempt to put some distance between them.

It was a few moments before  she spoke again. He had to kind of wonder what was on her mind. Then she spoke to him. " That is another obvious question. Of course I though that ...." he said to her. He was really not liking where this was going at all. Course his big mouth did not help make this any better.

ValamLym

His begging was music to her ears. Albeit that he wasn't really begging but just asking, the sentence in and of itself felt like begging to her. She snickered, twirling her hair around her finger as she pondered on what she could do with him.

For some reason she didn't feel the need to kill him, so she supposed he had convinced her on that regard. But hurting him? that was always appealing.. peel his skin back a little... she shook her head, not feeling like going down that alley of thought right now.

''Hmmm.. killing you feels like giving you the easy way out..''

Her tone was soft, almost as if she wasn't addressing him but herself. Finally she kneel'd down right next to him, extending her hands to pat him on the head, unless he were to stop her. She then pursed her lips, finally speaking again.

''So you tell me.. you're a bit of a lowly scavenger then?''

She scoffed at him, treating him pretty much like a child. Which was fully intentional, she felt like humiliating him. She -loved- playing with her prey, even if she had no intentions of actually eating it.

''I think I need to break you a little...''

Ice

Phears was just watching the female creature now. To be honest he was actually trying to remember what humans called her kind. He knew there was some sort of name for them. However he blinked as he shoved those thoughts out of his mind. He needed to focus on trying to get away from the woman now.

Now her next words made him shiver again. If she wasn't going to kill him then what was she going to do to him? The thought that she might torture him whent through his mind at that moment. That made him scoot a little further back. Though he did not really have any where to go right now.

He saw he kneel down by him now and reach out to touch him. He cringed as her hand made contact . That hurt quite a bit. However he held back a whimper and just stayed still. He knew that it was better that she didn't know his weakness.

" I guess one like yourself might consider me a scavenger. " He said trying his best to hide the fear and slight pain in his voice. He did not really like the way he was being treated by her at the moment. However he knew not to protest.

" Break me?" He questioned her now he did not like the idea of that in the least.

ValamLym

Amira stood back up, her pinkish eyes fixated on the man below her, retracting her hand. She either hadn't caught wind of his pained whimpering or simply choose to ignore it. She huffed as she twirled her finger through her hair.

She honestly had no idea about what she'd -actually- do with the creature. She was honestly quite confused about that herself. Was she pitying it? she sighed mentally, fixating her gaze on the creature all the while. She had pictured this day quite differently, she had imagined she'd enjoy the man's soul, grab a seat in a tavern and pull in her next victim... as she followed that trial of thought it clicked in her head.

''So I am assuming you are still looking for prey... show me how you hunt.''

Her voice was firm and demanding, leaving him with no illusion of choice in regards to how he might interpret her words. pointing a finger at him.

''Either that... or I will do as I promised and break you into a thousand little pieces and let the other scavengers feed on you!

She snickered, amused by her own words, before turning her gaze back on him. She tried to imagine what went through his head right now.. fear? or maybe even relief? as she did just give him a way out... or at-least so he may think. She wasn't absolutely certain on actually letting him go yet, but at-least he could show her his worth now.. She would decide after that.

Ice

Well one thing that phears was a little relived about was the fact that it seemed that she didn't notice that he touch hurt him. Either that or she did not wish to reveal that she knew his secret. Either was he was not saying anything . He was now just watching her wondering if tonight was going to be his last. To be honest he was certainly afaid that she planned on killing him. Now he would probably try to fight if she wanted him dead. Though he was sure that he would never win a fight against her. Hum but could he scare her? Now that was a thought to ponder.

His thoughts were interrupted by her new statement. Rather her demand it seemed. He stared at her though he was completely certain not to make eye contact. Her next words however made him look at her. Yeah he was pretty sure that she would be strong enough to resist his powers. But there was a small chance she wasn't. Should he try ? That was very good question.

" You want to see me hunt... well what do you expect me to find out here." He said his voice getting a little darker as he spoke. " I know you wouldn't let potential prey just leave.i mean I sure as hell wouldn't." He said to her. Perhaps he was simply speaking from one predator to another. Or maybe he had just threatened her. Either way he was giving her his full attention now. Though he still didn't look directly at her.

ValamLym

Amira huffed, eyeing the creature as it spoke. She wondered what made it think she was letting it go. After all she could easily keep up, or send some scouts after him. Then again, he probably didn't know she could do any of that. Which was her advantage here, her power could only be imagined but she had a rough indication of what he was capable of. Or at-least so she thought.

''I'm not letting you go, I'd be following you, of course.''

She looked into his eyes for a moment. A slight quiver of fear shooting down her spine, but not so much that the Archangel noted it herself. She wasn't quite the ordinary human after all and her idea of fear was way more out there then most. Most mortal things couldn't even hope to scare her.

''This is your ultimatum, accept this challenge and you may yet live. Otherwise I'll get right down the ''tearing you apart'' bit.''

She made air quotes with her fingers as she spoke. A sly smirk crawling onto her face as she fixated her eyes on him, extending her hand creating chaotic energy in it once more with a loud thunderclap, her other hand resting on her hip.

''Your choice.''

Ice

Phears was still pondering his previous thoughts of trying to scare her. He had some pretty powerful powers when it came to causing terror in others. But what happened when she snapped out of it?  He shivered a little at that thought. It was pretty obvious that she was smarter then she looked as well. Though she was dealing with a creature that came from a place that was almost as bad as the underworld. It was the culture that was bad not the location however.

" Well that makes more sense." He said to her first statement. He was sure not to lock eyes with her when she looked him in the eyes. Even the slightest bit of fear could be felt by him. And indeed he could sence her very slight fear. Hum that was interesting to say the least. He grinned under his hood though he knew better then to try anything at the moment.

" Don't worry I'll except your challenge. Though I think you might find the results to be surprising."  He then moved slightly. He wondered if she would let him get up. He shivered at the feeling of her evil magic. That actually almost scared even him " Am I permitted to get up?"  He asked her now with a slightly more submissive voice then before.

ValamLym

Truly, this was getting better by the minute. Not only did he finally make his choice but he even thought about impressing her? she let out a bemused giggle. Doubting that sincerely. However, she now pondered why she was so hell bent on seeing his abilities in action anyway. So he fed on fear? is that even so exciting? she supposed it wasn't the fact that he fed on fear that was so intriguing to her but the fact that it was a very rare thing to witness.

She looked down at him as she heard him speak once more, his voice submissive and thus magic to her ears. She however did not dismiss the crackling energies and instead simple nodded.

''You may get up.''

She twirled her hands, creating several small humming birds out of the choatic energies. Despite the bird normally being quite adorable. These were made entirely of dark matter, their black forms only broken by the red glowing dots that were supposed to be its eyes. They flew around him, circling him, taking in his every motion.

''These will watch you're every motion.. if you do anything I dislike.. I will see, even when my back is turned.''

She smirked once more. Quite proud of her own cunning. Sure she could've simply infected him but that would end up killing him. Diabolical and cruel as she may be, she didn't usually go back on her word, unless she felt it absolutely necessary.

Ice

Phears was simply watching the woman now. He heard her giggle but did not really care at the moment. All he had to do now was prove to her that he was worth keeping alive. Though that might be a bit of a problem. He wondered if there might be a chance that he could escape. He pondered that for a few seconds. He figured that if he did try that he would be killed. Not that she was going to keep him alive anyhow.  Atleast he did not think she was. But he would play along anyhow.

When she granted him permission to get up he floated up instead of actually standing. Rarely did his kind ever touch the ground to be honest. When they did it was only because like him they lost concentration and fell. " Thank you." He said softly to her . He probably was taller then she was even if he wasn't floating. He was a big creature after all. Though not huge .

He eyed the strange hummingbird like creature that she created as they floated around him.  He then looked at her assume spoke to him. He wondered what happened if he failed to impress her. Or at least entertain her. Another slight shiver came at that thought.

" I won't disappoint you.  Shall I go now?" The monster asked as he looked at her. He wasn't too keen on turning his back on a creature like her. He was sure she wasn't about stabbing someone in the back. Though that was his opinion.

ValamLym

Amira raised an eyebrow when he floated up rather then standing up, her curiosity sparked even further. Truly, this creature was getting more interesting by the minute. She now had to look up at him, though she remained un-intimidated.

The small humming birds circled his body, although they tried their best to allow him free movement. She extended a finger, one of them landing on said finger.

''Before you go.. I'd like to cull some hope for you. If one of these goes down, they'll detonate.''

She flung it off her finger, sending it cruising through the sky before it hit the ground several kilometers away, detonating in a relatively large explosion that tore several trees apart. She then smirked at him, creating a replacement to follow him around.

''I don't have to tell you what happens when one explodes right next to you.''

She then sighed, dusting herself off a little. She then eyed at him and nodded, her wings bursting from her back, her form not changing however.

''You may go, I will track you with great interest.''

Ice

Phears was just silently watching her. Alot of beings were curious about his kind. He had an acquaintance who had asked many many questions to him. Though the monster wasn't the best at being a social creature the encounter with that being had been... interesting to say the least. 

At the moment however he was more focused on the female before him then on his past encounters . He had noted that the small bird things seemed to follow him. Then her words came. Oh well that was not good. Then she whent on to demonstrate what she had stated. He kind of flinced at the rather large explosion. Oh yeah her point was definitely made.

" Uhh ... no I get the idea." Phears said with a blink. Yeah he did not wish to get blown up. He saw her wings come out and heard her words. He nodded slightly licking his fangs beneath his hood. Now he just had to find someone to be his victim. That shouldn't be too hard for him to do.

Still eyeing her he turned thinking about when he needed to head. Then he smiled as he picked a direction and started to go off on his hunt. Though he had to admit this was a bit hard to get into his hunting mode when he knew he was being watched by someone like her.

ValamLym

''Impress me.''

She muttered, before launching herself into the sky with a powerful flap of her wings, leaving a trail of black feathers as she did. Her humming birds continued circling him in the meantime, beady red eyes tracking every muscle spasm in his body.

She hovered above, satisfied with herself. She would either witness him hunt, or make him the hunted. She had more plans then just watching him hunt after all. Their game had only just begun, and Amira was a very creative host.

She soared a few circles, before black energies formed around her, warping her into a less obvious looking crow. The black feathers were that of her wings and only the pink eyes betrayed its true identity. Her eyes were focused down now, tracking the creature. Your move..She thought as she continued circling.

Ice

Phears just smiled at her words. He would try to please her but not for her benefit. It would be only for his own survival. He noted that the birds still moved around him. He was sure to be careful that he didn't accidentally hit one .

He moved carefully towards the direction he had previously chosen . He took a breath wondering what happened if he didn't find prey. It happened more often then one would think. He was now focused on tracking down someone to feed on.  Though he had his supious that she was going to make his hunt a bit of a challenge for him. One that he would not fail though.

He heard a sound off in the far distance. He was not certain what it was though. More the likely it was an animal or something like that. Either way he kept on moving grinning an evil grin on his face now.