Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Demon in the Corner [JackieCat] [Open]

Started by Fukurou, April 21, 2016, 06:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fukurou

"We are right here," Rylzyr said as he pointed to a small village in the mountains. "The ruins should be around here," his finger traced the circle drawn in the mountains just west of where they were. "But I'm not completely certain. I did as much research on this place as I could, but unfortunately this is all I could get." He stood up straight and folded his arms. "I was hoping that someone here would give us more information, but I'm not at all surprised at how tight-lipped these villagers appear to be in regard to the ruins."

JackieCat

"What is so scary about the ruins, anyway?" Jiminie asked, peering at the map. "Are there monsters?  Zombies?  Traps?  I think traps would be cool, and zombies, I've never seen a zombie before.  Have you?  Well, I would like to meet one, as long as it doesn't turn me into a zombie, though that could be interesting. . ."
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Fukurou

"There's a strong possibility of there being undead within the ruins..." Rylzyr said as he dug through his satchel and pulled out his pipe. A thick, haze-like smoke filled the air as Rylzyr lit the pipe with his index finger. " Along with raps, angered spirits, so on.... " He took a long drag from his pipe and exhaled two streams of smoke from his nostrils, all while giving Jimine a stern look. "Ancient magic can be very volatile, so it's extra important that we don't. Touch. Anything."

JackieCat

"Oh, okay, of course not!" Jiminie nodded, though she didn't look like she was very invested in her words.  "And I know what undead and spirits are, of course, but whats a rap?  I've heard of, and seen, many many monsters and creatures and beings, but I've never heard of that one before.  Is it a demon?  Another type of undead or spirit?  A kind of DRAGON?" her eyes were wide, and she added, almost as an afterthought. "I like big dragons, they're cool."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Fukurou

((OOC: That was a typo for trap but I'm going with it. Haha. Woops!))

Rylzyr paused for a moment as he sucked on the end of his pipe. "Rap... Is that not what they're called in your native tongue?" He shook his head. "Whatever. In X'zyrian they're called rrhast'ro'maars; spirits that have been twisted and corrupted by black magic."

JackieCat

(OOC: XD!  Well, it opens up more opportunities!)

"I would've just called them 'dark spirits'," Jiminie said.  "But rast'o'mars is cool, too.  Anyway," the little dragon did a little hop. "When do we go?  Now?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Fukurou

"In the morning," Rylzyr said as he leaned back over the map. "You are free to do as you wish for the time being, but if you still wish to accompany me I'll be setting off at around the same time."

JackieCat

"Aww," Jiminie whined. "That long?"

She scrunched up her face, but then flew over to the window sill and cheered up almost immediately.  IT was getting dark out, and there were small lights glittering in the grass below.  "I'm going to go and catch some fireflies," she said, pushing open the window, with no little effort, and looked back over her shoulder at Rylzyr.  "I'll be back by morning!"  and she jumped out of the window and into the night air.

(OOC: we can skip to morning if you want, but if you don't that's fine too, :)).)
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Fukurou

Rylzyr grunted in reply without taking his eyes off of the map. His mind had quickly wandered away from the small dragon and to the ruins, so anything Jimine had said had fallen on deaf ears.

The soft, dim light of the morning sun crept through the dusty room, landing on the slumbering X'zyri. Rylzyr had stayed up far too late, looking over various texts, mapping out several routs, and skimming over his notes. He wasn't a morning person, to say the least, and the sun... well, he hated the sun. But today would be a big day, that's if he can manage to get up in the first place.

JackieCat

Jiminie was back by the time the sun rose, a mouse in her talons.  She sat on the windowsill and ate it while she waited for Rylzyr to wake.  When he finally did, she had already finished the mouse and was sitting and watching a large spider that was spinning a web in the corner.

"Good morning!" she said when the man awoke.  "Are we ready to go?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Fukurou

Rylzyr slowly sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. He slowly glanced around the room, allowing for his groggy mind to processes his surroundings.

"Huh...?" he muttered as he stared absentmindedly at the dragon. After realizing how bright it was, the mage snapped into attention and sat up as straight as a board. "What! How much did I sleep?"

JackieCat

"It's only a little past sunrise," Jiminie chirped, landing on his head, but being jostle off as he sat bold upright.  "Careful there!" she laughed, landing on his shoulder and sitting there.

"Are we gonna go now?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Fukurou

Rylzyr let out a long sigh and heaved himself up from the bed. "I guess we should get going," he said as he quickly dressed himself and gathered his items. "Is there anything you would like to do in town before we head out? Once we leave, there's no going back."

JackieCat

"Me?  Do anything in town?" Jiminie said, thinking for a moment.  "Nope, nothin'.  Okay.  I'm ready, let's go!"

She flew towards the door and buzzed in circles as she waited for Rylzyr.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Fukurou

"Ok, then let's be off"

Together, the two of them traveled deeper and deeper into the mountains. Once or twice, the pair had to stop to examine the map, back-track, and find their path, but other than a few hiccups, their journey went rather smoothly.

That is, until they made it half way up the mountain.

"Ooof..." Rylzyr huffed as he examined the sheer cliff before him. He ran a hand through his thick curls as his eyes swept over the cliff face for any way up. He really didn't want to scale that cliff, but he wasn't ready to back down or, god forbid, admit to Jiminie his crippling fear of heights.

JackieCat

The whole trek Jiminie didn't seem to lose her energy for a minute.  She probably traveled twice as far as she needed to with all her zipping about, exploring every crevice and tree trunk.

So when the finally got to the cliff, she started to zoom up before remembering that Rylzyr probably couldn't do that.

"Can you climb it?" she asked, flying down to land on his shoulder.  "Or should we go around?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Fukurou

Rylzyr continued gaping up at the cliff for several seconds before he realized that Jiminie had asked him a question.

"Ah..." he said, snapping his head in her direction. "Oh, um, could you actually do me a favor and see if there's an easier way up? Er... please?"

JackieCat

"Sure!" Jimine chirped, not even noticing his embarrassment about the subject.

The little dragon zipped away along the cliff face.  She returned a few minutes later.  "There's a less-sheer way over there," she pointed to the left. "But it's still pretty steep."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor