Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Floral Stripes [DragonSong]

Started by Juno, September 01, 2016, 01:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

"Well no," he started, narrowing his eyes a bit in displeasure that this islander seemed under the assumption he couldn't handle roughing it. "It's not like it's hard. It's just different," he balked, his tone far from one of certainty and confidence. "I can handle this."

DragonSong

Akio barked a laugh and muttered something under his breath in Thanati, shaking his head.

This mainlander wouldn't last two days without help.

"Different it is," he chuckled rather scathingly. "C'mon, keep up. I want to unload this boar as quick as I can." His tail flickered back and forth in a hint of irritation.

Juno

Irah grumbled under his breath that he was keeping up, but it amazed him to watch the shifter move with such ease while still being weighed down. "I'm here, just keep going," he panted.

He eyed every building and small hut with hope as they came closer to town, uncertain where exactly they were headed but knowing he was quite eager to get there so he could rest already-sore muscles and catch his breath.

DragonSong

The shifter slowed down a bit once they'd reached the outskirts of the small village. "You staying at the inn? Or you have friends or something who're willing to put up with you?"

Juno

"Willing to p-?!" Irah sputtered and huffed, startled at the sudden, underhanded insult though he was grateful and taking full advantage of the slightly milder pace.

"I'm stay at the inn, if that really matters," he mumbled, not really knowing how it was his business until a sudden idea struck him. "That is, unless you'd let me stay with you? You know, get a natural experience and all while I'm at it."

DragonSong

"What?!" Akio spun, nearly smacking his talkative companion with the boar. He frowned. "Is that some kind of joke?" Maybe a cultural miscommunication?

He snorted. "I was asking because if you were I can make sure you manage to get there without stepping your foot into a hornets' nest or something. It's on my way," he grumbled, not wanting to admit he'd started to feel a small sense of responsibility for this foreigner.

Juno

Irah flinched and ducked slightly to avoid the tusks of the boar nearly connecting with his cheek, eyes narrowed sharply at the shifter for being so careless with such a dangerous weapon, even if it was dead.

"Oh..." He pursed his lips slightly at that, not really liking the idea despite the small kindness expressed in it because if he was left alone how was he to have any guarantee he'd ever come back? The herbalist was still set on getting the shifter on board as his guide for the rest of this island at least.

"Thanks, but that's alright. You wouldn't come back for me and I still need your help," he reminded him matter-of-factly, crossing his arms stubbornly. "I'll just tag along. I promise I won't get into any more trouble if you let me. And you'll be paid well for it, I swear."

DragonSong

The shifter growled, spinning around again. "Come on then," he muttered.

Seemed he wasn't going to loose the foreigner any time soon.

Juno

Undeterred by his growling Irah relaxed that he wasn't being sent away already, unfolding his arms and letting them rest at his sides once more. A slow, triumphant smile curled his lips as he followed along after him again. He wasn't sure what it had been but he was certain he'd won over somehow. This time, at least.

"Right with you, just lead the way." He took the time at their slower pace to take in the sights of town a bit more, he hadn't really looked at anything when he'd first arrived so it was truly his first proper time seeing anything that wasn't through a blur of commotion and excitement.

DragonSong

"Hmph." Akio ducked his head slightly and snarled at the ground, ignoring the stares he earned as he walked through town. The villagers knew him, by sight at least, but they never seemed very comfortable around him.

Juno

At first Irah didn't even notice the way people quieted and just stared as they went by. He was too busy taking in the sights until he heard a mother abruptly and quite loudly shush her child further up the road, tugging their arm away from pointing at the tiger shifter. That seemed a little odd, he didn't think shifters were all that rare even on the islands.

Then he was noticing every wary sideways glance and the outright stares of some others who were either bold or didn't realize what they were doing. Which prompted him to reach out, tapping at Akio's arm as he whispered, "Why are they looking at you?"

DragonSong

The tiger had to bite back a snarl, jumping at the touch and shooting Irah a glare. "What, the ears and the tail aren't a good enough reason for you?" he grumbled, and hurried along a little faster.

Juno

Unfazed by his glaring Irah just shrugged and shook his head, eyes a little wide with interest as Akio certainly seemed to think it was reason enough. "Where I'm from it isn't all that unusual. All kinds of...magical folk on the mainland." He tried to hide how his breathing became a bit more labored as he hustled to keep up. "You walk like this is a race," he complained under his breath.

DragonSong

Ignoring the comment about the mainland, Akio muttered, "Quite your griping, you're not the one carrying the boar."

Juno

"It's not griping if it's true," he muttered petulantly, having no idea how he was even managing such a pace while carrying it. He knew it really wasn't his place to push but...he still did it anyway.

DragonSong

Akio huffed and ignored him, making his way to the butcher's shop. He shouldered the door open without much preamble and stalked inside.

"Oi, Kazuka. How much for the boar?" The animal thudded to the floor and the man behind the counter jumped.

"Ah..." His eyes flicked between the two men. "Who is your guest, Akio?"

Juno

So happy for a rest at last Irah stumbled in after the shifter and leaned one hand against the wall to get his breath, nevermind the underlying smell of old blood the shop carried. He perked up at the question, though, smirking in amusement that somehow between the tiger man, a dead boar and himself the herbalist had managed to receive the most attention in their short exchange. He supposed he probably looked a bit odd among Thanati even next to Akio.

He straightened up, bouncing forward to stand beside Akio, rocking on his heels slightly for his excitement and not thinking the question out of the ordinary at all. "Irah Fenech, sir, thank you for asking. I've come to do some research on your lovely islands and Akio here has graciously agreed to be my personal guide for the duration. I suppose you could say we're becoming fast friends," he teased, elbowing the shifter lightly.

DragonSong

Akio turned his head to glare at the smaller man. "Do you want me to bite you? Because I will bite you."

"Let me see the boar," the butcher interrupted, moving forward. He paced around the animal, considering.

"Eight silver?"

"Ten."

"Eight and seven coppers."

"Nine."

"Deal." They nodded to each other and Kazuka jerked his head at the animal. "Take it around back and I'll pay you."

Juno

Irah just made a face at him, very nearly sticking out his tongue like a child but resisting. Why biting? Why so violent? It seemed like something an animal would do to wrestle him into submission!

He watched the exchange with interest, making a show to step around the boar and crouch down beside it. "Let me help you," he offered, although he was a little more than sure that offer would be turned down flat.

DragonSong

The shifter snorted as he hefted the animal up again. "If you can, you're welcome to try."

Tags: