Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Kindness or Cruelty (Open/M(?))

Started by Zenaku, September 13, 2016, 03:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenaku

Zenaku Was wandering the streets  of Jin'ta, taking in the smell of meat, something you do not normally get to experience more inland.  Zen Had his hood up and styled their hair to better cover up their left cheek. You can grow more hair, but can not easily get rid of the mark. Even if someone spots the mark, perhaps the foreigners running these meat stalls would not care. the problem is, the local Thanati do. As Zen began to approach one of the stand, they were stopped by one of the guards, who stared down at Zen with discussed.

"Halt, You should not be here, and why is your Head unshaven? Head back to your hovel disgrace and shave your head or WE will have to take this matters into our hands."

The Guards warning was stern and filled with hate, seeming ready to stab the being before him at a moments notice. But Zen did give him that moment, which would be promptly responded with the unsheathing of the Guard's weapon.

"Well I would shave it, but what would your mom hold onto when I come over?"

Gawfy

Gawfy was ordering dry goods from another stall when noticed what looked like a man attempt to look at a vendors wares when two guards stopped the man and started scolding him. As he walked over he heard the man make a snide remark. He could see the hate in the guard's eyes as he reached for his weapon. Gawfy Put weight into his steps as he walked over behind the man towering over the man and the guards He bellowed. It would be unwise to do what you are about to do. The guards then scoffed at him and the man before uttering curses and leaving. He then turned his attention to the man. You really shouldn't provoke them like that He said

Zenaku

Zen could not help but stick his tongue out at them as they were told off and back down, turning to look at their savior, tongue still sticking out as it slowly retreated back into their mouth.

"Eh, Double edge sword of a relationship I would say, they hate me and I do not respect them. How much ya know about Thanatos's  Social Structure?"

Zen asked as they brushed their hair to the side, exposing the Brand that marked them as an Untouchable, before asking another question.

"Either way, Thanks. Let me split some food with ya, which I was about to do till the guard wanted to test my restraint."

Gawfy

Gawfy froze " how much do you know about social structure" The words paged through his head Uhh enough to get by[/i This was a lie but he didn't want his first impression of himself to be Of him self looking like a uneducated buffoon. Then Gawfy saw the brand on Their head, we wanted to bring it up but not want to make his new friend uncomfortable, after all Gawfy himself had enough scars on his body to know that he didn't like people pointing them out. All right i could go for some food right about nowGawfy followed the man to a table and sat down. Im really glad that guard didn't draw He thought to him self as he remembered the other times he had to fight an entire town guard You have a name? He asked warmly to his compatriot

Zenaku

"Well around here, Locals have ranks, and the rank I have is THE lowest you can be. like you have to work somewhat towards this rank too. Should be an honor, but eh."

Zen stated, ordering a plate of meat that was apparently from the mainlands and joined his savoir at the Table, placing the plate of food in front of them and began to ponder something.

"Well You can call me Zen. Planning on leaving the homeland for a bit and have some fun."

they stated, chuckling as they snaps their fingers and the plate of food for about of second is enveloped in a bubble of inverted color before it seems to restore to normal. Zen hopped that the spell would allow continuity and causality to not apply, allowing both of them to take from the plate and the food never deplete, but as with chaos magic, it may do more then just that.

Gawfy

I know how that feels little buddy Gawfy felt a bit of sorrow hearing that. I tried to be a knight and they kicked me out He said simply. Then observing what his friend did next to the food. After seeing the bubble gawfy rubbed his eyes and looked back at the plate. Uhh did you see that as well? He asked Him

Zenaku

"well it is better that we follow our own paths and not let others label us down. Though not as fun if titles like Archmage and Lord loss meaning if everyone called themselves that. and Yea, I saw. its so the food does this."

Zen explained and took a large chunk of meat off the plate and began to eat it; or it looks like he did as it looks like the chunk of meat he took had not left the plate, as if the plate did not update from the fact something was taken from it. the meat did had a side effect as Zen learned as he ate the meat. it was chewy. . . well more like it was not breaking down. if Causality did not exist for the meat or the plate, it also meant the causality of chewing the meat will never come to be. interesting side effect, totally destroys the reason for the spell, but interesting. perhaps using this as an enchantment to make things ageless.

Gawfy

Gawfy shrugged and took some food, and to his surprise the food came back after he took it! Amazing! he said aloud as he started eating. What kind of magic is this?[/i He asked Zen As he started taking more from the plate.

Zenaku

"Magic that makes me a disgrace apparently. I destroy reality, temporarily , to create unique effects. I call it Chaos magic as it can be. . . funnily unpredictable. What about you? I take it you are a fighter? or a weight-lifter from the size of that weapon. I think the sheer weight of that would be deadly, though it does look like it could use a good whetstone."

Zen commented, still chewing on the same piece of meat, seeming to pretend making progress. the meat tasted good and the flavor was not fading, but the meat was not breaking down and Zen's jaw was growing sore.

Gawfy

Gawfy ate his fill Yes, i am A fighter of sorts. Gawfy is my name, and mercenary work is my game he said as he kicked his feet up. Though most of the time i use my sword to kill beasts the weight of the weapon causes internal bleeding. When i fight men It gets... easy. When it was sharper it would cleave through armor like a hot knife through butter. However work around here is slow, thats or the work is self is bait. Had a vampire try to hire me, Said to come unarmed to a villa away from town[/i He scoffed Needless to say she isnt hiring anyone else, say you know any one looking to hire? he asked Ven

Zenaku

"If i  knew anyone hiring, I would take the job I am a Sell Spell of sorts. I can be a powerful ally in A fight. How are you eating this? I think my spell made it inedible. Tasty, But i can not swallow this."

Zen asked, spitting out the meat, it not looking like it has even been chewed. Zen chuckled with a sigh and put down the meat, realizing the only fix to this is wait for reality to fill this 'hole' Zen made.

"But If you do not mind, Would like to follow you if your job hunting, though not in Thanatos. With me around, you be lucky to get the color of the sky from anyone."

Gawfy

Ive eaten bear before its just a matter of not gagging. Gawfy said as he got up. I don't mind i can always use a companion, and a mage nonetheless. I haven't checked the bounty board today, why don't we head there? Gawfy asked as he got up and started walking towards the slums. Behind both of them someone seemed to follow them. As they where in the middle of the slum. Gawfy stopped and started listening.

Zenaku

"Its not the gagging, its the struggle to swallow it, but lead the way to the Board."

With that, Zen chuckled and stood up, stretching a bit before following Gaw, not seeming to notice or care that they were being followed, humming happily in their apparent bliss.

"What jobs do you usually look for? I usually go for a job that allows me to play around with my magic. Practice makes perfect, though I doubt you need much practice."

Gawfy

Looking around Gawfy answered Somthing that isnt hard and that pays well, and preferably nothing to do with inhuman elements. he said as he heard something behind him. Acting reflexively he moved Zen behind him, just as he did a crossbow bolt hit him in the leg. Looking up the ally a man donned in black had had his arm raised, pulled a dagger and started running at them. Gawfy pulled his sword from his back and prepared to fight.

You had to see it

The man in question wore typical peasants clothing of the type often seen in the slum. The attire was unusual for the man himself however because Magus lavay more often wore robes. The homeless that lined the streets looked at him with both fear and admiration. He had set up shop in the basement of one of the many vacant buildings in the slum. At first his success with preaching was minimal. But then a sudden rash of robberies had plagued the already destitute area. That is until Magus viciously killed the two responsible for the thefts. Then the message of putting the people above all else was more easily received. What the slums residents didn't know however was that the two robbers were in fact part of the cult. Weren't they surprised when there savior beat their heads in with a mace.

"Excuse me," Magus's voice boomed and just as he spoke one of his followers struck. The man had been shot and yet still had the wherewithal to react. Some of the othe "Homeless" got up and pulled knives, preparing to strike.

Gawfy

The man charging them had stopped to adhere to the voice. The man Fell to his knees as Gawfy turned around to see a man deessed in plain clothes commanding the residents of the slums. All armed with knifes His helm flipped down covering any weak points on his head. He Bent his knees holding his blade standing still preparing for any attack. while at the same time listening to what the man had to say.

Zenaku

Zen looked around, seeming to notice that the situation escalated  quickly, being out numbered by shabby men armed with knives. This looks like it will be a fights, but preventing one might be better. So with a snap of their fingers, Zen applied a change to realities rule, the heavier an object is, the less effort is needed to move it and vice versa, meaning items normally light and easier to lift began extremely heavy and items like Gawfy's sword was as easy to lift as a feather in normal reality. did mean Zen fell on their ass as their robe became as heavy as Full Plate. the only indication of the spell going off was a pulse of inverted color originating from Zen and ending just slightly beyond the ally they occupied.

Gawfy

Gawfy Felt a worlds worth of weight lift off of him as zen cast His spell. Gawfy has assumed it was zen's doing. He nodded as zen, then pulling the bolt out of his leg he swung is sword around in a flourish.The Air flying off of it as it swung effortlessly through the closed space. He took a few steps back to stand over Zen. As much as Gawfy wanted to cleave through all of these people zen was lying on the ground, and he couldn't leave him behind so  he took a defensive stance over him.He did however throw a throwing knife at the fellow who shot him. It hit him in the shoulder but it felt like he was throwing a brick instead of a knife.

You had to see it

What luck it was finding some bounty hunters in the neighborhood. It was easy to turn the poor against any figures of authority or law. Perhaps after they were captured they could be the first to-. His thoughts were cut off however by the sudden dramatic weight increase put upon his clothes. Falling too his knees he looked at his other followers who were having similar problems. He then noticed the color coming from the robed one. Oh... It's a reality warper, life suddenly got a bit more interesting.

As he struggled on one knee he was able to raise his hand, sending red lightning flying towards the robed figure.

Gawfy

Gawfy Saw the red Lighting coming toward Zen. He moved to shield him. But not before digging into his pokets and Launching out a handful of Steel pellets with his hand.OneHe said aloud. As he did so the lighting climbed through his sword and crawled all over Gawfy. He had only felt pain this intense once before in his life. Unwavering in his resolve he kept his stance. He gritted his teeth, It felt like every blood vessel  was burning inside him. Two He counted as he looked the Mage in the eyes. Gawfy could feel the weight of the balls that left his hand, not all had hit their mark. Two lagged behind. they where only at the mage's casting hand when they should have been at to his body. The Mage and Gawfys eye contact was cut short when they reached his eyes. Three  he counted At that range the mage could see them well. Their fuses where spent, and ready to explode.

Tags: