Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Miracles Inbound

Started by Salzem, September 28, 2016, 05:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salzem

Aeizith watched as his frost-breath blasted over the angel, encasing him in a massive crystal shard of ice. It seemed he was surprised at the act, the ice shattering and he was no more. At least, thats what the dragon thought before he heard his voice just over head. Aeizith craned his neck upward, seeing the angel floating just eight feet above him, undamaged and with a seemingly more complex look about him. He seemed more... serious, analytical. The way he spoke reflected that fact, relaying Aeizith's abilities and how they were used right down to the last detail. His ability at discerning others was.... disturbing... He felt Amira slip out from under his wings, stepping out into the freezing atmosphere with little (if any) apparent discomfort. It seemed she could even survive temperatures that would chill the blood of the most insulated mortal, making Aeizith hold his girlfriend in an even higher regard than he had before. Aeizith did, in fact, feel Amira trace the scales along his side as she traded words with the Angel. The act was... soothing and her touch warm. He felt his biting anger dissipate as she ran her fingers along him and he sat there quietly beside her, still, but far from docile.

He still held his suspicions of Azireal, even if he wasn't an immediate threat. Amira spoke of this angel being "cast down", whatever that mean, that he had doubted his god. Aezith had no idea what that all meant. He wasn't versed in any of the angelic ways or that of gods. He didn't know how they functioned or what their jobs were, but Amira seemed to be implying that he was thrown out because he didn't have the utmost confidence in his lord. He internally snickered. Sounded like Emilia. Azireal made an observation about Amira as well, mainly commenting about her power and how entirely defenseless he'd be if they were to come to blows. Again, he asked if they could resolve their issues without a fight and Amira shifted the decision to her mate, saying that it was his call on the grounds that he was the one hurt. Aeizith stared up at the angel, trying to decide if he wanted to forgive him. The only real reasons he would was that 1, he appeared insane, and 2, he was a divine being or at least formerly. Aeizith shrunk back down to his human shape, his clothes manifesting on his body as he did so (save for the holes made by the angelic wings). He found that he was able to stand on his own, some of the strength of his dragon form remaining. He wrapped his arms around his girlfriend, still glaring up at the Azireal coldly.

"Fine... I forgive you." He grumbled, shifting his eyes back down on the icy floor. More than anything, he was disappointed that his moment with Amira was being disrupted by this angel's presence. The house falling on him definitely made Aeizith mad, but.... more than anything, he wanted some time alone with his lover... It wasn't every day that he got to see her, what with her duties and all. Maybe he was being immature and impatient or maybe he just loved her that much. He knew for sure, though that he loved her enough to disrupt her conversation as little as possible. She obviously was intrigued with this angel and what his past was. Aeizith wasn't going to stand in her way with his jealousy.

Jace

To Azireal's relief Amira had stated that he had received enough payback from them, as long as the dragon agreed. There was a moment of quiet tension before the frost dragon returned to it's human form, begrudgingly saying that he forgave the angel. It appeared that this, at least, was finally settled. "Thank you. I feel I'm at a disadvantage here," he said to the boy now, "You know my name, but I haven't caught yours yet." True they hadn't actually managed to formally introduce themselves, but Azireal had given them his name and he had heard the youngling say Amira's. His, however, had not yet been uttered.

Whether he received an answer to his query or not, he would then descend from his perch and walk forward to stop a few feet in front of Amira, his wings retracting into his body once more. "Cast down? No, I don't believe so. Like I mentioned earlier, my memories have been completely wiped from my mind and I can't recall my life before I woke up here a few centuries ago. Though, if I had been cast down I wouldn't be able to do half of the things I've done in our meeting alone, right?" The discontent of being unable to recall just who he was was clearly written on his face now as he spoke. The mystery of it was something he thought about constantly, searching for a way to regain what he had lost.

"I can't say whether I doubted my God or not, but someone or something did this to me. I have been wandering Le'raana for the past couple centuries now in hopes that I could find out what happened, and possibly regain that which I've lost." It probably wasn't very smart to reveal this information to those that had been enemies just moments before since it could be taken as his weakness, but he just couldn't help himself. He thought, no, he hoped that maybe another angel, fallen or otherwise, could help him solve this mystery.

ValamLym

As if smelling Aeizith jealousy, Amira walked over to her boyfriend, took his hands and placed them on her hips, pushing her back against his chest as she simply relaxed against him, curiously listening to the other angel speak. She was somewhat surprised as to the extend of how much he seemed to have forgotten, surely being thrown from the sky and forced to live here would be hard to forget.

''Some think being cast down simply means falling from grace with your god.'' she leaned her head back, looking up at Aeizith, giving him a wink. Before looking at the angel again, almost amused. ''you do have this.. weird sensation about you.'' she said pointedly, curiously nudging her head as she looked at him as if there was something on his chest. ''Almost... Like a seal?'' she shrugged somewhat, making sure not to force Aeizith to move out of this position.

''If anything, whoever did this to you wanted you to forget.'' she pondered whether she aid this angel. She knew it was within her power to break said seal, but she didn't quite feel that helping him was beneficial to her, or to Symiria. he was a light wielder after all, a natural enemy. ''I wonder how you could possibly get rid of it though.'' She was lying, but there was absolutely no sign of it. Being a seductress and silver tongued fiend, she could feed anyone any kind of lie and they'd buy it, even other angels. This wouldn't be the first time she tricked an angel.

Salzem

The Ice Dragon smiled softly as Amira placed his hands on her hips, leaning her back against his chest as if to say "I'm yours." The act sent a wave of warmth through his body, a wave of trust, one that banished any sense of jealousy that was once present in his system. He sighed lightly and rested his chin on her shoulder, his cool breath running down her neck and chest, happy that she would indulge him like this... When Azireal asked Aeizith's name, he paused a moment. It wasn't as if he were trying to keep it a secret or anything. Hardly anyone knew who he was and he had no reason NOT to give it.... His natural inhibitions were difficult habits to break... His confidence normally didn't come easy but with Amira there, in his arms, he felt a surge of strength through him. He looked up at the angel, a bit of the edge in his eyes lost.

"...Aeizith." He introduced himself. It was funny how life worked and he wasn't thinking about how all their names started with the letter 'A'. More, it was that this was the second Angel he had come in contact with when most mortals would call it a delivery of god to glimpse just one. He supposed that would make him a holy Icon to converse with one so freely, lost memory or not, and then have an intimate relationship with another. He snickered quietly at the thought, just imagining how many people would kill to be in his shoes, then kill to get out of them. He held Amira gently to him as she observed the Azireal, smiling a little wider when she turned to wink at him. She seemed to know what made him smile... What made him love her so much. Of course, that was Amira just being herself and the ease and grace of her execution only made her all the more desirable.

Amira seemed to stare at Azireal, intrigued by his chest particularly. His first thought was that she found something there she liked, but he quickly discarded that notion in favor of another. Amira was far more powerful than him and, by that logic, she should be able to sense deeper ingrained magics than he can. Was there some kind of spell at work cast upon the other angel? His question seemed to be confirmed as his girlfriend wagered there was something like a seal cast upon him, that apparently it's function was to make him forget. Aeizith didn't see any particular markings that would indicate such a spell, but he was but a young and humble dragon not even in his prime. What did he know about the ways of magic?

As Amira seemed to contemplate how to remove the seal, Aeizith decided he would ask a question himself.

"Do you not remember a thing about your life? Perhaps a rank you once held?" Again, Aeizith had no idea if Angels even HELD ranks. He was just assuming.

Blink

"Well look at what we have here" her cynical voice interrupting whatever was taking place before her. Mockingly Kaida slowly clapped her hands together as if applauding the scene ahead. Her voice could be heard before she appeared from the tree line stepping over a half frozen and broken piece of wood laying in her path. "Do my eyes deceive me or does my dearest brother have a girlfriend?" her eyes searched the woman encased in his arms, a pang of jealousy ringing through her gaze.

Following the young dragoness was a small figure covered in a head to toe dark green cloak, the hood up shadowing the face of whomever lay beneath it. The figure stood straight with gloved hands held in front of them in a non threatening manner.

Acting as if her companion did not even exist Kaida continued to walk towards the strange gathering. She stopped a few feet from them all before crossing her arms across her breasts and placing the majority of her weight on one foot causing her hips to shift. Her companion followed her stopping just behind Kaida, the demeanor of the figure not faltering.

Turning her attention to the male standing alone she raised a brow before shaking her head and turning back to the real issue at hand. "So... this is the great Amira?" she chuckled as the woman's name left her lips before turning to her companion for a moment and then turning back. "I have heard much about you... I would love for you to meet our eldest sister one day. I am sure it would be quite a spectacle." her words an attempt to entice the woman.

Searching for Aieziths eyes Kaida scanned his face, she could see that he was happy. As much as she wanted it to be good news and for her brother to be happy, this unfortunately was not the best way to go about it. "Sister is going to be furious....." she whispered to him even though all of them could hear her.

"I couldn't help but overhear your conversation..." Kaidas crimson eyes now rested on the other angel at the scene. "I would love to help you find yourself" her words carrying an obviously devilish tone to them. "I have plenty of tools to help 'unlock' the mind" snickering she turned to her companion.

"Isn't that right Jaela?" her question naming the unknown companion accompanying her on this day.

Reaching up gloved hands Jaela pulled the hood down exposing her long pink hair and vivid eyes. Immediately they darted to Amira before she casted them downwards at Kaidas feet. "Yes miss"

Aiezith most likely could have been able to tell whom Kaida had with her from the moment she made her presence known. Jaela had always been Kaidas favorite play thing and even now was her most trusted comrade, other than her siblings. For years Jaela's  screams were one of the many that emanated from Kaida's dungeons before one day she finally broke.

... and now there was nothing that Kaida could not trust Jaela with. She had sworn her services to the young dragon before being released into the world. Vowing to be her eyes and ears for the rest of her days. Kaida of course allowed Jaela to live a relatively free life, the only condition being that if her assistance were needed that she would accompany her in whatever task needed to be completed. Kaida had suspicions something was going on with Aiezith lately. He was just too happy.... so she had Jaela keep an ear out.

It didn't take long for the report to come back that not only did her favorite brother have a lover, but that Jaela happened to know her. At first Kaida wanted nothing more than to kill the angel after being told of her. She knew it was the most humane thing to do for Aiezith as she knew Emilia would most likely not be pleased. But once Jaela informed her of how strong the angel really was Kaida knew she was no match. Yes Kaida was a strong dragon and very proud of her talents, but she was not stupid. She believed that even a battle between this angel and her eldest sister could result in a possible draw. So instead she came from the citadel herself, only to persuade her brother how horrible of a decision this all was.

The only regret Kaida seemed to carry was that 'so far' she had kept all of her findings a secret from her sister. The guilt of that alone was enough to send her into a slaughtering tantrum... but she withheld.

Jaela continued to stand there silent with her hands together in front of her, her gaze still downcast... an odd temperament for her to anyone not from the Black-Hearth citadel.

Jace

He had been searching for centuries now for the answer to his missing memories and this girl, this archangel, sensed a seal placed on him within minutes of being in his presence. She was impressive indeed. The question had been asked how he could remove the seal. Azireal had absolutely no idea, but perhaps he could sway this woman to help him. It was worth a shot. Before he spoke, however, Aeizith had asked if he had remembered anything at all from his past life. "Sadly, young frost dragon, I can't remember anything at all save my name. I wish I could, it would certainly help me in regaining what was taken." he answered.

Then he turned to Amira. "A seal? I've been searching for clues for centuries now and yet you were able to detect a seal within minutes. That's very impressive. I've certainly no idea how to release it. Would you be willing to work with me to try and solve this problem? I'd certainly do anything in my power to repay you." It was a sincere offer and request, one he hoped would be answered positively.

Just then a new being arrived on the scene in the form of a young girl followed by another hooded figure. Brother? So this girl was the sibling of the frost dragon! How delightful it was to meet not one, but two dragons in one day! She addressed Amira next, saying she had heard much about the archangel and how she wished the woman could meet their elder sister.

When she finally addressed Azireal, her offered help to 'unlock' his mind sounded as if there was a double meaning behind that to the male. The look of happy idiocy had returned to the blonde angel's face now, the mask he so often resorted to when he was around mortals. "Ah! I'm so happy to meet another dragon. Are you a frost dragon too?" the angel said as he walked in a circle around the new girl and her acquaintance, his face now having a look of intense curiosity about him as he studied her. After one full circle he stopped in front of the girl again. "Your offer is most generous my lady, but it would seem there is a powerful seal placed upon me and, though I'm sure you have much power of your own, I don't believe your......capabilities....would be adequate in resolving this measure. Perhaps another time?" he said with a not of finality, a smile punctuating his sentence before returning to face Amira once more. "So. What do you say?'

ValamLym

Amira snickered broadly as she heard the new arrival begin speaking, casually strutting over to face Kaida. Whatever kind of provocation Kaida might've thought to star she would fail. Amira was entirely unmoved by her comment and instead coldly spoke ''The people I play with tend to break.'' she then turned her gaze toward Jaela, her eyes betraying nothing, but deep down she felt like striking Kaida down on the spot.

She turned her attention back to Azireal. A wicked grin surfacing on her face. Sure, she could easily undo his seal, but why in the name of everything un-holy would she? what was in it for her? good will? that was the last thing that drove her forward. She placed a hand on her chin, clearly contemplating what to demand. ''What's in it for me.. Angel.'' she stated promptly, she herself had no idea what he could possibly offer her, but she wagered she could at-least see if anything could possibly come out of it.

She then turned to face Kaida again, her eyes narrowed down for only the slightest of moments as she strut toward her, completely un-impressed by her appearance. ''Ah, you must be the favored sibling. I've learned my fair share about you through your brother.'' she stepped closer,  crackles of black energy crossing her body. ''Why am I convinced you have something to do with his state of mind?''

Aeizith might note that certain savagery return to her movements from the first day they had met. That she was preparing for just about anything, violence being the most prominent one.

Salzem

Aeizith froze, very nearly literally, as he saw his youngest sister approach with a cloaked partner in tow.

"Wha.... Kaida...? W-what are you d-doing here?" He stammered, a blast of blackish-blush surging across his face. It was bad when Azireal saw him with Amira, as intimate as could be but now Kaida? KAIDA? He tore his hood over his head and face and let out an embarrassed groan as she stated the obvious. He hadn't told anyone about Amira... Not Emilia, not Electi, not Eira and certainly not Kaida... Now she would tell all of them and they would all know... Then, after they all knew, if he wasn't killed on the spot, they would punish him, yell at him, scare him into leaving his love or worse.... They might start giving him tips... The dragon slumped up against a nearby piece of broken wood, slipping down to the ground as Amira confronted his younger sister, a sinister tone in her voice. Aeizith's mind buzzed with all the different and horrible scenarios that would  surely take place, each one more horrible than the last.... His family turning their backs on him, Kaida's torture room while she did what she did best, Emilia formally discarding him from their family in disgrace... He only shivered in response to Kaida's taunting whisper, the whole of the shattered house crawling with ice.

The little ice-dragon glanced up from his place on the ground, seeing (and also feeling) the black energies that coursed around Amira. Each word she spoke felt like they were charged with magical power, adding to the force of her tone. She stood toe to toe with Kaida, her back to him as the dark angle jumped to his defense. He could only imagine one or two of those magical sparks would have been enough to end his sister... With that and Amira's angered state in mind, his fear for himself translated to his fear for his sibling... Aeizith forced himself to his wobbling feet, making his way up behind his girlfriend before throwing his over her shoulders, pulling her into an embrace from behind.

"Please don't hurt her..." He begged in a near whisper. The risk of losing his life and his relationship with Amira was bad enough, but if Kaida were to get hurt because of him too... he wouldn't be able to bare it. After he pleaded with his lover to spare his sister, the ice dragon turned his gaze back on his sibling, eyes meeting hers for the absolute briefest of seconds before falling to her feet.

"Don't tell Emilia...." He mumbled, trembling somewhat. "Please... please don't tell....." The cloaked figure lowered their hood to reveal a girl with long pink hair, someone Aeizith might have known before... Then again, a lot of humans looked alike, radical hair-colors aside. The ice dragon didn't even bother to try and meet eyes with Azireal. He couldn't work up the strength to do so under this shroud of shame.... With his face burning cold with his blush, Aeizith could only hope he could salvage the situation.... A slim hope indeed.

Blink

Kaida snickered at the male angels comment. "A frost dragon?" she responded almost laughing before placing her hands behind her back and rocking back and forth on her toes. Her reaction to his comment hopefully being enough of an answer for him. She couldn't help but be slightly disappointed in his declining to her offer of unlocking his mind.

Ignoring her brothers stammering surprise her carefree attitude quickly disintegrated as the female Angel took a few steps towards her. "The favored sibling" ringing in her mind. Anger slowly rose in her as she too took a step towards Amira, now standing toe to toe with her. Her accusation of being the cause of Aiezith's sensitivity to the world sending her almost off the edge. Silently Kaida stood off with the angel, knowing she was clearly at a disadvantage and outmatched.

Bits of black ash began to rise from the ground almost swirling around the young dragon, both of their energies seeming to spark upon contact. It was then that Aiezith jumped to his feet and wrapped his arms around Amira. Almost as quickly as it all began Kaida took a step back, a faint flash of regret crossing her face before going back to its normal snarky state. What was this? Aiezith pleading for the angel not to hurt her? And now pleading with Kaida not to tell Emelia?

Taking all the energy she had built up within herself Kaida turned to Jaela before lifting a fist and throwing it in her direction. The shear contact with her skin caused the form of Jaela to burst into black ash and embers, similar to the ones rising from the ground during her stand off. Jaela was never really here... just an illusion Kaida had manifested in a hope for some familiarity with Amira. Of course Kaida could have just willed the form of Jaela to disintegrate, but this was much more therapeutic.

In an attempt to shift her attention and obvious regretful feelings towards Aiezith she glanced at him for only a moment before a copy of herself appeared beside him. The copy stood silently staring at him, its eyes squinting as it judged him and his embrace on the angel. "I won't tell" it whispered before dramatically bursting into ash as well, the whole charade only a means of not going near Amira again. The original Kaida now turned her attention towards the male angel as she watched him from the corner of her vision. What if he were as hostile as Amira?

Jace

A peculiar scene seemed to be unfolding before him now, one he had certainly not anticipated. Sparks flying, tempers flared and pleas for mercy went about so fast. The cloaked woman that had accompanied the dragonness was incinerated on the spot before a second dragonness appeared next to Aeizith and then spontaneously combusted seconds later.

The moment everyone's attention had turned to the newcomer instead of Azireal he simply leaned backwards as if her were to fall straight onto his back on the hard ground. Of course that wasn't the case. Instead a small, pure white, fluffy cloud formed underneath the blonde angel as he rested his head on his right hand, elbow on the soft surface while his legs dangled over the edge. He chose to merely watch what happened next, not interested in interfering.

When Kaida finally returned her attention to Azireal he merely winked at the young dragon, a coy smile on his face. "Well that's all very fascinating." he said enthusiastically, albeit with a bit of sarcasm. "Well, Amira, I'm not sure what would hold your interest, but I can tell you what it is I'm capable of. Perhaps after you hear that we can come to some sort of agreement?" he asked the fallen angel. Without waiting for an answer he continued. "Let's see. Well I can use any and all forms of light magic imaginable, I can alter the memories of anyone I choose. I can heal any physical, emotional or mental wound, bestow whatever ability I wish upon those I will to have them and, of course, any non-sentient thing you can think of I can make into reality. So, do any of those abilities pique your interest enough to help me figure out how to remove this seal I apparently have on me?"

ValamLym

Amira couldn't help but stare down the girl, but when Aeizith pulled her into an embrace from behind she let her muscles relax, the black energies ceasing to tear across her skin, for now at-least. She couldn't help but raise a brow at the clone that had appeared, before gently taking Aeizith's arms and releasing herself from his hug.

''I suppose.'' she simply stated, shifting her attention toward the other angel. Her posture changed almost instantaneously, taking on a more business styled stance as she folded her hands behind her back. She contemplated many things she could ask, there were some things even she couldn't do, not yet at-least. Perhaps he could take away her one great weakness?

A broad smile appeared on her lips ''Make me light magic as ineffective as black magic on me.'' she promptly stated ''Permanently.'' she stepped closer toward the angel, her eyes  fixated on his chest before looking up on his face. She was considerably smaller, but she felt massive right now. All the strings were in her hands.

''Don't even think of tricking me.'' she promptly stated, clearly not trusting the angel to actually make her immune. She could understand why, she would become considerably harder to beat, forcing beings of light to fight her about as effectively as a normal mortal would. ''Do that and I will help you with that little.. issue of yours.'' she shrugged ''Don't and.. well, unless you come up with something better you'll be stuck playing make believe about who you are for the rest of eternity.'' she winked at him ''I'll make sure of that.''

It may be disturbing for Aeizith, although he had faced his girlfriend once before in this cold and effective state, it really did seem like she was another person entirely. She eventually turned to face Aeizith, giving him a nod and a smile to try and make him a bit more comfortable. She knew he had vowed to tolerate all parts of her personality, but that didn't mean she couldn't help him along.

She, without waiting for a proper answer from the angel turned on her heels, conjuring a bench of black energy - almost as if copying him - and sat down on it, stretching her arms and letting a long echoing yawn before she promptly lied down on it, staring up at the sky, still listening to the conversation at hand but relaxing while she did.

Salzem

"Thank you..." Aeizith said, his expression brightening up substantially. "Both of you..." Seeing both his sister and his girlfriend both heeding his request, Aeizith let go of Amira, moving to step beside Kaida as he watched the two angels converse. He didn't really know what else to say or do at this point in time... He wanted to hug his little sister, but she was not the kind to allow such behavior, or, at least, receive it. The ice dragon felt somewhat awkward, listening in on something that sounded like an important conversation. Amira requested that her light-weakness be terminated, leaving her with even fewer ways to be conquered. The way she spoke and held her self, the boldness... It was all something he admired, something he wanted to be. Aeizith wanted that courage and confidence everyone else had. He desperately wanted to be able to speak with such vigor and power behind his words... He glanced at Kaida, ironically his other roll model in some ways. She was always Emilia's favorite, as was his, but the difference between him and her is that Kaida actually seemed to like her Eldest sibling. Its not like he could blame her. Emilia was their figurehead and commander. She took the position of their mother for hundreds of years and protected them as boldly as any biological caretaker. Who was Aeizith, the meek, glass-willed 2nd youngest, to compete with someone like that? He had noticed the regret that flashed across Kaida's face earlier, an expression that, coming from her, raised a lot of concern for his sibling. It was very rare indeed to see Kaida EVER regret anything she's ever done, or at least show it openly. She had also done nothing Aeizith could define as "wrong" really, so why did she look like she shot her brother in the foot? Slowly, he placed a shaky hand on her shoulder, looking at Kaida with worry in his Azure eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking into her eyes for any sign to the contrary. "You can talk to me, sister... I'm always here for you."

Blink

She shook her head at the male angel's wink at her. Who did he think he was!? Clearly, he had no idea who he was gesturing towards. She was about to speak up and give him a piece of her mind before biting her tongue. Thankfully, Amira had now begun to speak to him. Rolling her eyes Kaida quickly grew bored of the conversation being carried on between the two angels. Folding her arms across her chest she held her chin high and proud, only to be shambled by her brothers attempt at closeness. It was first she felt his arm creeping over her shoulder before he spoke.

His question took her by surprise.... Did he really want to know how she was feeling? For a few days now she had been harboring the guilt of what transpired at their last family reunion. Even now the memory of the battle that took place sent a chill down her spine. Ever since that day something seemed almost broken within the young dragon. She herself couldn't quite put the feelings together she was feeling. It was as if some of Eira's words and Electi's actions had struck her at her core.

Perhaps she had been too oblivious to the destruction they caused on the world. Before it was nothing for her to simply take down a village just for the fun of it. But now, even if she tried, a shadow of doubt seemed to linger over her. "I'm fine" she torted as she took a step away from Aeizith allowing his arm to fall off of her shoulders. Without realizing it her face harbored a look of regret once again. Grunting she unfolded her arms and placed them at her sides, her fists balled. Before she would never have allowed anything to falter how she felt, the very thought of her judgment being clouded angered her.

Turning her gaze back to her brother she studied him, it had been a while since the two were alone like this. Well, alone without the family that is... even if the angels were here. He had grown taller than the boy she used to prod at as a child. His face was more edged, his eyes less lonely. Was this what love did to someone? Kaida had never even contemplated what it would be like to share your heart with another. She had always assumed the love she had for her family would be enough for her to live on. But now looking at Aeizith she felt a pang of jealousy in her heart.

Kaida had no idea what it could feel like to have someone love you no matter who you were. A love that had nothing to do with family or strength... the kind of love that was plastered across Aeizith's face before she had interrupted them. Almost as if her thoughts were no longer playing just in her mind Kaida looked at Aeizith confused. "Brother... what does it feel like?" she paused before continuing. "What does it feel like to... to be loved. And no I don't mean by your family, but by someone who doesn't have to. What is it like to be loved by someone who loves you just because they want to?" She felt stupid even asking this silly question. Why was she even concerned about it?

Jace

Amira seemed to have no trouble deciding on what it was she wanted in return for helping him. Luckily it was in fact something he could do. Unluckily it wouldn't be exactly what she wanted. Hopefully what he could offer her would still be enough to get the fallen angel to still agree to help him. "Hmm. I can dampen the effects of light magic on you permanently, though I don't have the power to make you completely immune to them. Not as I am now anyway." he began. If he was right, then he could use his magic to place a seal of sorts on Amira now and if his own seal was broken and he really was an archangel then he could certainly give her full immunity to light magic.

"However, if I truly am an archangel as you said, then I'm certain once this seal has been lifted I can make you permanently immune. Is that acceptable?" he asked. If she agreed then he would simply hop off his cloudy resting place and walk over to the other angel. "This will take a couple minutes once I begin. Are you ready?"

ValamLym

Amira contemplated his counter offer for a few moments. She didn't like the thought of it all that much, what stopped him from backstabbing her? she honestly didn't think he would, but it wasn't like her to take risks when they can be avoided. She smirked devilishly as an idea came to mind.

''Deal.'' she simply stated and immediately began working her magic. Cracks of black magic coursed through her hands before aiming them at the other angel, the magic tearing through his body and ripping at the seal. However, her other hand also joined in, black chains sprouting forth that would enter the angel's body. As one seal was removed another, one controlled by Amira was copied in its stead.

Once the seal was replaced the angel would barely notice the new one and all his memories would be revealed, however, Amira could easily seal him as again as her own seal was a copy of his old one, mimicking its use but not its weakness. ''Now pay up.'' she stated pointedly, tapping her foot.

Salzem

The ice dragon felt just a little hurt when Kaida pulled away, showing her cold exterior to her brother as he tried to reach out. Honestly, what was he really expecting? That she'd be completely open to him because he asked for it? That would be a foolish dream... People don't change their ways when you want them too... However, he saw that same flash of regret pass along Kaida's face as she tugged herself free, making Aeizith's concern for her only intensify further, though he said nothing. For a while, they simply stood side-by-side, the little ice dragon watching his girlfriend make a deal with the other angel, his eyes subtly tracing the curves of her form with silent allure. Although he mainly loved Amira for the person she was, he couldn't deny how absolutely gorgeous her form was... With how absolutely ravishing she appeared, Aeizith often felt unworthy of holding her, of kissing her, or even being near her. He felt so common... a stone beside a jewel and she loved him anyway... He smiled softly to himself for a moment, the grin blasting into shock as Kaida popped her question.

"W-what...?" He asked, clearly surprised. He obviously never expected to be asked this question and from his younger sister no less, the one that wouldn't accept a hand on her shoulder but was now asking for some pretty intimate information. Instead of freezing up, turning into a blubbering, stuttering mess, he took one look at Amira and smiled before returning his gaze to his sweet younger sister. He always knew she had some love under that cold exterior of hers... If he dared, he might have felt accomplished in some way.

"Its the best feeling in the world..." He said with a soft grin. "To hold someone in your arms and know that they love you for who you are... To be with someone who wants you beside them... to trust someone so completely you'd put their life before yours... Its just the best thing in the world..." Aeizith's eyes returned to his angelic girlfriend as she began casting some magic on the other divine being. "You know, Kaida... I don't love you simply because we're siblings..." He said in a soothing near-whisper. "We grew up together, got to know each other a bit and... well... I like to consider you a friend as well as my sibling... You're a great dragon and I love you because of that... Not because I'm obligated, understand?"

Blink

Standing with her arms crossed Kaida listened as her brother spoke. It was almost hard for her to take in his words and the feelings he described. Nodding in acknowledgment she watched the two angels and the task they were attempting to complete. She couldn't help it... her nature made her yearn to learn as much as possible about all beings. Her attention was quickly pulled away by her brothers latest statement.

Turning her gaze towards him the regret and confusion she had been attempting to hide for days was apparent on her face now. No longer was it a tiny glimpse of her deep regret, but something easily readable. "I don't understand..." slowly she let her arms drop to her sides. "How can you love me as a friend as well? I have been the worst little sister anyone could ask for." she paused recounting all the times she had taken advantage of her brothers gentle demeanor. "I have teased you, I have purposefully done things just to bother you..." tears began to well in the corners of her eyes.

She felt so foolish letting herself get like this in front of anyone. Usually she reserved her most personal thoughts for her sister Emelia, the only sibling she felt ever truly loved and understood her. She always assumed that her brother whom was closest to her in age was afraid of her. She always felt like she was nothing more than a monster to him. "I just don't understand." her face twisted into that of a sobbing child. Raising her fists towards her eyes she wiped away the tears that began to form with the backs of her balled hands.

Out of instinct she stepped towards her brother and wrapped her arms around him, just as she would to Emelia if she were upset. As if the flood gates had been opened she let everything out... everything that had been bothering her. "What if I was always wrong? What if humans are more than just play things? This would mean that Eira was right and I have just been horrible to her. It's no wonder why she hates me... or why Electi hates me. I am always just so mean to him. He must think of me as nothing more than a whiny child. But I'm not... I do care about all of you. Even if sometimes I think you all hate me I still love all of you. Thats... thats why I saved you Aeizith." she paused to wipe her eyes once more. "That's why I used everything I had left in me to pull you from that fire weeks ago. Because I couldn't even imagine a world where any of you were gone."

"But I failed... you still got hurt so badly, and afterwards I treated you like a nuisance. I acted as if you being hurt was your own fault. Even if you went about it all the wrong way I know you were just trying to protect us all." It was then that she retracted her arms from around him, pulling them back to being crossed on her chest. "But you tried to hurt Em... and... Electi tried to hurt Em..." her eyes narrowed as she took a few steps backwards. "I can't ever let anyone hurt Emelia." Taking in a deep breath she locked eyes with her brother. She was so confused, and hurt yet hopeful. A whirlwind of emotions were flooding her every thought and she could not stand it. She wanted to be calm, cool, and calculated... Just like Emelia. Her sister would never have allowed herself to cry in front of Aeizith, or strangers like this.

Salzem

Aeizith's expression fell as Kaida's normally composed nature collapsed in short order. Her deep regret resurfaced slowly, but then, it very quickly snowballed as she burst into tears and wrapped herself arms around the ice dragon's torso and began to bawl like something Aeizith had never seen. He was shocked to see his little sister break down like this, someone he admired so much for her iron will and strength of code. To see Kaida become the quivering, sobbing mess she was now... it almost made him break into tears. He didn't however. For once in his miserable life, the little lonely ice-dragon played strong, wrapping his arms around his little sister, holding her and rubbing her back as she let everything out. He murmured the same "I-love-you"s throughout her confessions as she did during their battle with Emilia. The memory sent a jolt through his body, but he quickly recovered and returned to tending to his sister. He kissed her head and listened silently as she confessed her doubts if she had been wrong all along, her worries if Eira was right all along, he fears that everyone hated her and saw her as a whiny little child. Aeizith's eyes widened as she declared this. He had never saw her as such and he greatly doubted Electi or even Eira thought the same... They loved her as much, if not more that Aeizith did, he was sure! He tightened his hug around his sister, still muttering "I love you" after every fear she confessed.

He then paused, however, as she revealed that it was she who had saved him from Emilia's fire ball all that time ago... She had saved... him...? It wasn't like he was ungrateful or anything. In fact, if things have turned out differently, he would set about throwing a little party for her in thanks, but... he just didn't expect it to be her... She.... she never seemed to care that much about him, always blowing him off when he wanted to spend time, or insulting him when he wanted to talk. It seemed that her tears reached their climax when she explained that the reason she did this, used everything she had, was because she couldn't imagine a world without him. That's when tears started to fall from his own eyes. No one, not even Amira had said anything like that to him before and with it coming from Kaida, it was even more significant.

"Kaida..." He whispered. "That's why I love you... You didn't fail anything... I'm alive, see...? I'm here and I care about you... I will never hate you, dear sister, because I know that you care about me. Don't doubt that..." And with that, he pulled away enough just to see her face and he smiled in some vain attempt to have it spread to her as well. However, it was then that she retracted her arms and began talking of that horrid day, speaking of how she couldn't have let him hurt Emilia. The sound of her name made Aeizith's mind cloud up. The same shot of her turning her back on him playing through his mind. His smile dropped into a somewhat thin-line. The gaze he gave her was somewhat clouded as that image played through his head over and over, her back turned on him over and OVER. A minute passed before the ice dragon eventually responded, nearly forgetting what she had said as he locked eyes with her.

"I know, dear sister. I know..." But he didn't say he was sorry.

Blink

As she stood back she studied her brothers actions. She could see him getting lost in thought just as she often did. What was he thinking about? Replaying her own confessions to him she realized his demeanor changed after mentioning their dear sister Emelia. She brought one of her hands to her other arm gripping near her elbow. How could his opinion of her have changed? She always thought him to be the brother that loved them all, even with her own insecurities towards him she always knew he at least cared a small amount.

Her eyes narrowed once again as she spoke to him. "Could you...." she pause trying to think the best way to word her question. "I mean would you ever intentionally hurt Emelia?" taking in a deep breath she closed her eyes not opening them as she continued. Her voice was now more accusatory. "Would you ever hurt her if you could? If you had the chance to end her would you?" she kept her eyes closed as she turned her head away from him. She was pretty sure she already knew the answer but needed to hear it from him. Allowing a brief pause she continued on, not really even giving him a chance to respond.

"... Because if you felt like you would Aeizith. I would have to turn my back on you to." the words hurt as she said them. As if her own words stabbed at her with each syllable. She always knew that if she had to chose she would choose Emelia. She couldn't let just one conversation with any of her siblings change how she felt. For years Emelia was the only one to truly try and understand her and those actions never went un-noticed. The entire time she still kept her gaze away from him, her lids still closed with her head turned. It hurt too much to look at him, she felt that if she even turned in his direction it would cause her heart to break.

"Please answer carefully brother, because if you tell me you would hurt her I would have no choice but to take you down right here. I don't know if I am weaker than you but I would at least give Emelia the honor of knowing I died for her name." Opening her eyes she turned towards the angels that she had almost forgot were even there. "Even if Amira is here, I would still use every bit of my energy to take you down." she knew she was no match for the angel. However, Kaida would rather be known for trying to defend her sisters honor than run like a coward.

Her eyes slowly traveled back to her brother as she looked at him, but beyond his gaze. She would not lock eyes with him, she couldn't. "So please tell me Aeizith. Please tell me that you would never try to hurt Emelia." her words were now dribbled with sadness. It was as if she were pleading with him to just lie to her. "Tell me that our family bond means more than some disagreement!" tears had already begun to well in her eyes again. "Just say it Aeizith! Say you love Emelia and that you would never hurt her or let someone else hurt her!" she needed him to lie to her. She needed for him to back down and just tell her what she wanted to hear. She needed him to be the coward... just one more time.

Salzem

Aeizith quite litterally didn't know what to say when Kaida started asking her questions, asking him if he would ever intentionally hurt their elder sibling, if he could end her, would he? The little, lonely ice dragon was asking himself these questions before they were put into words and with every desperate question, he received a painfully clear answer. Even as she threatened to turn her back on him too, Aeizith could tell she was desperate for the answer he could never give. The grief and pain was painted clearly on her face, a completely surreal emotion to see on someone such as her. He tried to force himself to exclaim No! Of course not! I love her just like how I love you! We're a family after all! He wanted to hold her close and claim that he would always be by her side, that he would never leave them ever! But his lips would not move. The muse would not come. He simply stared down at his sister with the most chillingly unreadable expression on his face. Oh how he loved Kaida, but she was so blindly loyal... He wanted to be that too... he always looked up to her... But, just this once, he just couldn't play the coward. Emilia had broken whatever trust she had between them and he simply couldn't stand with her anymore, even if Kaida, through tears and chattering teeth, threatened to cut him down where he stood. His favorite sibling, practically shattered by her sorrow, demanded him to lie, to tell her that their family bond meant everything to him and that he would never be so selfish as to break it over a "disagreement." Disagreement...? Family bond...? Even as Aeizith's old heart crumbled to dust with the pain all this, he could not say so. Didn't she hear Emilia? They had no family bond and if she thought that almost being killed over something so stupid as letting their FLESH AND BLOOD back home, then she was (gods forgive him) an idiot. Aeizith took one step back, then another, and then another until he was out of arm's reach.

"I won't hurt you." He muttered, his voice as cool and smooth as the icy blades he kills with. "Emilia shattered my trust in her.. She tried to kill me, she tried to kill you and this wasn't some training exercise, Kaida. She tried to KILL us. Actually. Tried. She would have ripped you to bloody shreds with the rest of us tied to a pillar to watch, sister." He could feel the strain in his throat, the inner resistance within him building, but he could not stop. He would not stop. "I love you Kaida... I love you more than life itself... but you're stupid and blind... If you would kill me for someone who'd kill all of us without a second thought..." Aeizith paused, tears running down his face. "I hate her..." he whispered, just loud enough for Kaida to hear. "I hate her for what she tried to do to us... I hate her because she shunned me for defending myself... I can't love her... not now..." He was actively sobbing now, tears freezing to icy shards as they touched his cheeks before falling to the ground. "But I love you.... Don't make me hurt you.... I don't want to..."

Tags: