Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Bump in the Pantry [M]

Started by Lion, September 29, 2016, 07:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

Maako's eyes watched her wipe away the mustard he'd gotten in his hands. He was grateful for that since while he liked the taste of it, the very scent of mustard seemed to make his eyes water. He made a soft noise, almost akin to a whine as he let her guide him to the table. The sunlight wasn't appreciated but he made no argument. After what he just did, he was lucky she didn't just kick him out.

What seemed to bother him most though, was not quite her reaction, but the very words she spoke, as if that he had no potential to understand that what he did was wrong. It didn't seem as if it was done to patronize him however, and he could appreciate her concern.

It didn't make him any less sorry. And at least her concern wasn't followed by an awful branding to his back.

He sat down and brought his legs up to have his heels hook at the edge of the seat, wrapping his upper arms around his knees and resting his chin against them. "Far away from here," he murmured. "In your odd tongue, the name is hard to say. There's no word for it. It is a warm, tepid place, deep and dark, like a cave, but with soul-lights. I never asked what they were made of."

Maako looked over to her, laying his head further out on his knees. "I was made to please Master. I was my master's favorite. His pet. He cared for me when he wanted me. And when I displeased him I was punished. I suppose your tongue would call that a lover, yes?"

His free hand idly took a sandwich and brought it to his mouth, munching lightly. "Is that what startled you? Did you think I was trying to please you as I had sought to do with my master?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Draconian

Sera chewed on her lip while she listened and ate her sandwich quietly. Double checking to make sure it was indeed edible and he hadn't just put some wood before slices of bread. That was a whole two days worth of food there, sitting on the counter, and she'd closed the tavern for the day. Maybe Maako would eat it. At the very least - he learned well, the sandwich wasn't bad and it didn't taste like wood.

Listening carefully, she added her own mental commentary. Though the more he talked the more sad he looked and finally, Sera put her sandwich down and pet his head, avoiding the horns for fear of scratching herself. "That's ..." Sera sighed and moved to stand in front of him, placing her hands on his arms and giving them a gentle squeeze, "Maako. A lover doesn't hurt you, A lover loves you. You do nice things for one another, someone who loves you wouldn't hurt you." She sighed and looked down before she  cupped his cheeks and tilted his head up to place a kiss on his forehead.

"I was... yes. I..." She flushed and took a step away, "I've never been touched before and... You seem to know a lot and..." Sera covered her face in her hands, "I don't know how to... I've never..." A look at him from between her fingers before she ducked her head down, "I'd only be bad at it anyway."

Lion

Something in her reassurances gave Maako chills. He didn't know why. Sera was perhaps the nicest person he'd met ever...in all this life. And he found it to be an attractive quality simply due to its absence in his lifetime. Nevermind that he didn't know how old he was, except that her touches made him shiver and her words eased his mind.

Maako wanted to wrap his arms around her and the nubs of his horns against her sides, and burrow his face against her flesh. He took in a deep breath and behaved. What she said actually made a lot of sense, and a part of him still remained sad that he was not at all loved by his master. Not from her estimation it seemed. To think he could have been so disposable.

"I understand," he murmured, setting his own sandwich down while she explained herself. Maako looked her over and he slid forward on his chair, propping his legs down at last. "I didn't think you were bad at all."  He gave a crooked smile, reaching up for her hands and clasping one between his two larger ones. He brought it palm-side up and kissed at the small space just above her wrist.

"You were perfect," he murmured, and only let her go momentarily. "Oh...and I saw you looking at the sandwiches. Did I make them right? I got really nervous."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Draconian

Sera swallowed her words and just watched.

Was that all Maako craved? Was to be needed? Wanted? Sera shivered at the kiss to her wrist, eyes closing briefly - then she remembered his mouth other places and her cheeks turned bright red and heat flooded her belly. No, not appropriate. Not when Maako was so sad. Not when it was daylight. The compliment to her perfectness got another blush out of her and she looked away and... Right at the pile of sandwiches.

"Well," She started, not pulling her hand away from his - in fact she turned it around to press their palms together, - she looked at them from where she stood. "Usually you don't make them with raw meat - you cook the meat - and... That's an awful lot of sandwiches, Maako." Sera chewed on her lower lip until it was red and she looked back at her guest. "Can you eat all those?" She flushed and looked away.

"I closed the tavern today because... Because of this morning, so... They may hold until tomorrow, but I don't think people will want stale sandwiches," Her voice was small and she sighed slightly before smiling at Maako, "You did well though, they look lovely, maybe... Don't make so many next time though."

Lion

Something about her blushing made Maako flush, and his chest heaved a little more as he watched her cheeks grow colored and her hands still in his -which now felt pretty sweaty. He smiled gently and eyed her between her words and her sandwiches. Right the meat was raw.

Nothing wrong with that, except he knew some people couldn't eat raw meat without getting sick. He wasn't one of them. And sometimes liked the tang of blood still present on the meat. "I won't make so many," he murmured. "I didn't know it was supposed to be cooked though. How do you do that? Make it all Not-pink?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

The flush she could detect made hers worse and Sera looked away after a moment and finally, let go of maako's hand. A long look at him and she smiled before she reached forward and put her hand on his head. Despite all the oddness he was a handsome... man?

Perhaps it was her upbringing that made her think that though. Sera impulsively leaned in, tilting Maako's head up and pressing her lips to his. "You can eat those ones," she teased before she pulled away and went to one of the sandwiches with raw meat.

What had once been a potentially perfectly good stew roast was now... a sandwich. Grabbing a pan, she went to the stove and got everything that needed to be on fire on fire. "You cook it," she said simply, dropping the meat in the pan once it hear up, "and then us weak tummied humans can eat it. Sera smiled and put the cooked slice of meat on a cutting board.

"Maako... Do... You have anywhere to go? Or... is it just me." She reassembled the sandwich and handed it to Maako.

Lion

"I'll eat them. I'm very hungry. For real food. No cats, i promise. Your friends are very fluffy and I wouldn't want to hurt them," Maako purred softly. His voice dropped as he kept his eyes on Sera. He couldn't help himself, she was just so different.

Maako watched her turn on the stove, saw the fire burning and the smoke coming up from the pan as the meat burned. The smell was awful and delicious at the same time.  He gasped and stood up, moving over to stand beside her.

He watched her work quietly, hand absently taking the sandwich and examined it in hand. It was....hot. Really hot.  Before he could answer her he popped it into his mouth and gave a loud noise that was a mix between a moan and hiss of pain. He spat out the meatwad in his hand and he set it on the table. "Hot," he murmured, chuckling. "I forgot fire was hot."

He smiled at her and took a different bite.  "No...nowhere to go. Can I stay with you?" he asked. "But I can go if you want me to. I don't want to impose. You're my friend. First friend. Good friend."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Sera just... Stared at the meatwad on the table.

Then looked back to Maako.

This was her life now.

She smiled faintly and closed the stove, making sure all the covers were closed so the fire would starve its self and die out. "You forgot?" She teased, tilting her head and looking up at him, watching him eat the sandwich after. The question caught her a little off guard. Stay with her?

"I only have... The one bed," She said simply, like that was an issue. It sort of was an issue. Only if she let it be an issue. Sera swallowed thickly and looked away, blushing. There were a few rooms above the tavern but... That was the tavern. Public. People went there. She couldn't let Maako there, he'd get drawn and quartered. "You can stay," she said simply, giving a little nod.

A long look at his face and Sera simply smiled at him.

"As long as you need to," Her voice was soft, a whispered promise, "I want to be your good friend and if that means I have to let you sleep with me, I'm okay with that." Sera didn't dare let herself think that the morning could be repeated. She'd messed that right up. Did she even want Maako to...? Sera flushed and looked away, dusting her hands off on her dress and taking a deep breath.

"My home is your home, Maako, okay? As long as you can... Stay safe, you can stay here as long as you like." And she just... Smiled at him and then looked away awkwardly.

Lion

Her whispered promise sent chills up his spine. Maako purred a little, taking another bite of his sandwich and basically just shoving the rest of it in his mouth. He made quick work of it. Just like he would make quick work of whatever else was edible in that house. Nothing was sacred except the furniture, Sera, and her cats.

"Thank you," he murmured, and wanted to brush his whole body against hers. He restrained himself however and dusted off the counter. "You're too nice Sera. Master would have flayed me for being weak. But you make me feel good....  It's...odd."

But it was clear he didn't object to it, not in the slightest.  "So you have a home here? And your cats? And odd clothes that people leave behind. They stay to sleep here, yes? They give you coins for this? Shinies I heard someone else call it."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Sera watched maako, head tilted when he inhaled his food. At least all he sandwiches would get eaten. Still, she reached forward to take one of his hands in hers and she smiled at him. "I'm... Just trying to help."

Just looking at Maako made her heart break. What had he been? Where? Sera impulsively curled her arms around his chest, resting her cheek to him in a hug. Though she didn't pull away and just stood there like that with him. "This is my home," she whispered, "There's a tavern I run. Its a seperate building. There are rooms above it... Its how I live. Usually its quiet." Sera closed her eyes and cuddled into the wamth.

"Its closed today so I could be here with you," she leaned back and looked up at him, giving him a little smile, "I'm sorry, I thought you might have needed a hug."

Lion

Apologizing? Why on this plane was she apologizing? Even in his lack of understanding, Maako instinctively wrapped lower arms around her, and laid his chin out on top of her head. She was small and he liked how easily she fit underneath his chin. The warmth her body radiated the fact that his fingers could practically sink into the surface of her flesh without piercing it brought a sense of comfort.

There was something endearing to her softness, and he could pillow himself around her like a cat might do to their owner, and he couldn't help his involuntary purring.

"No, I like your hugs. And...thank you. Truly," he chuckled and smiled at her. He seemed to be more careful about showing teeth than usual. They could be scary, that much was completely understandable. "I did need a hug....  Can I get hugs anytime I need them?"

An odd question for him to pose, but he was curious. Being close to her alone was rather intoxicating. "Sera...why does no one else live with you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Sera felt odd about Maako. Sometimes he was very clearly a man. Physically he was very much a man. His desires and his knowledge belonged to an adult man. Sera let him curl around her and she even closed her eyes and snuggled in against him for a moment or two.

Then he'd ask a question and she'd feel guilty for letting things get so carried away that morning. "Of course you can," Sera replied to his question about hugs, "provided I'm not in the middle of something." But finally, she pulled away and tilted her head up at Maako.

"Who would live with me?" Her voice was soft and she sighed, "I have no one. The cats aren't even really mine. They're strays. Somerimes i dont see them for days at a time," Sera sjghed and finally turned away, wrapping her arms around her middle, "sometimes they leave and never come back,"

Sera didnt start to explain what she was expecting Maako to do - which was just that. One day, he was going to leave and not come back.

Lion

How could this beautiful creature be left alone? Maako's heart went out to her. And aside from being physically drawn to her, to know she lived here alone gave him a sense of sadness. Up until now he'd never had any reason to be on his own.

Not until now, being discarded so easily.

"I will  stay with you," he murmured.  "If you will have me ". His voice was a deep, soft timbre and he shifted closer to her and shifted around her so that he was beside her. He leaned in and kissed her cheek.  "I won't impose. I promise. And if I do, you can kick me out." He gave a soft smile and tilted his head further around to kiss her lips.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Sera's heart skipped a beat when he said he'd stay with her.

A glance to him, violet eyes wide and she gave him a little smile. A soft chuckle when he kissed her cheek and she turned to look at him, though his claim that she could kick her out just had her open her mouth to get ready to tell him she'd never do that. Then, his lips were on hers and Sera closed her eyes. A moment to let the kiss soak in and she leaned back ever so slightly, cheeks flushed, "Maako, It's very unlikely I'd kick you out," Her voice was soft and impulsively she curled her arms around his neck and pressed her lips to his.

Sera had never really realized how much she craved contact or physical attention. Something as simple as a hug was still mostly new. The kisses alone sent her nerve endings flaring and she pressed closer to him, her worry about sandwiches going bad and bread turning stale far away thoughts now that something much more interesting and much more warm was so close.

Lion

It was a shame she swapped out her nightgown for this dress that draped over her whole body. Maako felt her pulse racing and no doubt something so congealing around her would make her body heat so stifling.

He said nothing, and felt his own breath hitch as he leaned into that kiss, parting his lips and coaxing her tongue inside. He tasted her and let taste him although he was mindful of his teeth. They really were only sharp when he needed them to be. "Sera," he murmured her name. It rolled of his tongue so naturally. 

A soft moan, and his lower arms wound their way at her back and squeezed her body close to his, hands gripping her ass, as he kept the kiss a kindling slow burn.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Her name in his mouth had a strange zing of pleasure in her gut and she gave a sharp little gasp. No one had ever said her name like that before and Sera found that she didn't mind it. It was a bad idea. Anything involving the two of them was a bad idea. Anything beyond just being a simple kind, caring hostess was a bad idea... But Sera couldn't find the will power to stop it and she held Maako's face to her's, shifted slightly so he could press closer to her.

Sera lifted a leg, holding herself up on one foot and her arms curled around Maako's shoulders. Impulsively she pressed closer, cursing for, perhaps the first time, that there was clothing keeping her from the warmth of her new strange friends flesh. Then it clicked. Sera jerked away and regained her balance, "I'm sorry," She whispered against his lips, looking up at him. They were still pressed together tightly and where his hands were were.. Well. Very obvious and she was ashamed to say that she almost liked them there.

"This is... Inappropriate for me to do with you," her voice trembled and she licked her lips, "You're my guest."

Lion

This was a language he could understand. And he could respond easily to her touches. That familiarity was easy to fall back into. And it helped that something about Sera made him so comfortable, and he didn't feel the need to be afraid of reprisal, the need to cower because he did something that displeased her. Indeed, if he did, she would scold him and that would be enough.

Because in truth he didn't want to lose the sense of comfort she brought him, that contact and warmth. Where else would he find such a thing again? Maako wanted to bend her  over that kitchen table right then and there, then make her another plate of twenty sandwiches.

The first pile would have to do.

Maako kissed her and gripped at her body with an unearthly want and possessiveness. But somehow when she pulled herself away, he whined...and was glad for it. Because he didn't want to take her unless she wanted him to. For now, he was content to lick the slobber she'd left from his lips.  Maako grinned and blushed, his whole body flush.

"That's okay," Maako murmured. "If you want...we can try again later. I'm your friend, Sera. I promise it won't hurt. But...only if you're really curious."  Maako let her body go, reluctantly so, and gently squeezed her entire form to him one last time, all his arms wrapping around her, as he turned his head in and kissed her cheek.

"Do you need help with anything around here?" he asked curiously.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Sera was aware that Maako was touchy by now. The blunt words however still caught her off guard and it took her a moment to realize what he meant by it not hurting. Sera turned bright red and turned her face away.

"I... I hadn't been concerned with that before," she said, swallowing thickly before turning away, "but I suppose now I'd have to call you a fibber." Maako liked blunt, right? After the hug was done and returned, Sera gave his arms a pat and turned aeound to start to clean, "I appreciate the offer but you know as well as i do that... That..." Sera glanced at his groin before turning away and cleaning up crumbs.

"Wouldn't fit in anything i am in posession of." Or at least it didnt look like it! So, flushed and embarased, she went about cleaning the kitche . Helo? "No help," she bresthed, flushed still, "perhaps wait for me before you make food again though. I can show you how to make proper portions. Maybe we can make a cook out of you," she smiled brightly, turning away and bending to get at a spot on a cupboard.

Lion

Maako just smiled at her and winked when she tried to brush it off as something innocent. And for all he knew it was. It certainly was to him, and so he thought nothing more of it as he went about eating another sandwich and taking small bites of it in his hand.  He could easily devour the whole plateful with his stomach alone but she was flustered enough.

"A cook? So...I can play with food all the time?" he said. "Oh...I'd love to learn how to cook!" He quickly scarfed down another sandwich and licked at his lips. His hunger for food was sated for now.  As for...  His eyes gravitated toward her booty and he smirked, tilting his head to get a better look at it when she bent down.

"Do you get a lot of people wanting to eat your food? If it's anything like your sandwiches, I get you run out for days!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Sera smiled.

Maako wanted to cook.

The smile was still on her face while she cleaned and she just watched him watch her for a few moments. "We'll do that then, when i can open the tavern again. You can help me prepare food in the morning." Finally she put her hands on her hips and Sera eyed Maako up and down.

"You're looking at me like you want to eat me" and she hated how it made her tummy quiver. Sera turned away again, cleaning things and putting them away. "You know that other people would eat it, right? All the food you make - you don't get it - its for customers."