Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Wheel of Dawn [Draconian]

Started by Cheesigator, October 31, 2016, 06:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheesigator

Oop, he accidentally did Bifrost a frighten.

He whined a little, ears folding back as he gave the man a quick pouty puppy look in apology, before brushing against the man and leading the way, now that Bifrost had a new backpack of goodies. He still picked up his old leather bag in his teeth though, shimmying into it so it hung around his neck as he led the way once more down the slope of the forested mountainside.

He wondered what Bifrost wanted to talk about, he could imagine it being many things. Strangely enough, he almost couldn't quite shake the feeling that perhaps he was in trouble, in a sense that a husband would be if he did something that made his wife angry, or in this case he supposed Bifrost would be a husband, too? He wasn't really sure, not that it mattered anyway. Cause they weren't like that. At least, not yet.

Could they be, though? Eventually?

He glanced over his shoulder at his companion, wondering what was on the man's mind. Wondering if he might actually be in trouble. It was a stressful feeling, but at least it was enough to keep his mind off of the throbbing aches and pains. He would be so grateful for a bed once they reached Serendipity.

The land slowly leveled out, as the paths they picked through the trees became less treacherous. It was easier now to walk side by side, so Kirkley slowed his pace a little to stay back with Bifrost, keeping close enough to the man that his fur occasionally brushed against the man's arm.

He was walking with a limp now, and as the sun was slowly starting to set, the golden-and-orange rays of sunlight casting long shadows on the trees, he felt like he was running out of energy, far faster than usual. His pace continued to slow down over time until the last rays of the sun were hidden behind the horizon and the sky became a tainted cerulean. Finding a stream for them to camp near, he finally plopped down on the ground, his paws heavy as he took a few drinks and laid his head down, thoroughly exhausted from the long trek.

Once Bifrost was settled, he stretched and changed back into a human, grunting at the tenseness of his own muscles as he sat up, rubbing at his shoulders, trying to be careful of his injuries.

Kirkley looked over at his partner and nodded to him. "Are you gonna be alright with the food in your bag, or should I catch something for you?" He paused for a moment, before hesitantly adding, "And what was it you wanted to talk to me about?"

Draconian

If there was ever a time when his legs both hurt amazingly and were numb all at the same time, Bifrost couldn't think of it. Was that even possible? Except for the few times his urge to answer natures call, Bifrost had been mobile all day.

How did Kirkley do it? And with him on his back. Bifrost felt a little worse. Sleeping on his back no less. The feeling of being useless and awful kept growing and growing. He rubbed his thighs after they finally stopped, leaning heavily against a tree, a peice of pilfered jerky half eaten in his mouth.

What he wouldn't do for some bread.

Bifrost watched Kirkley while he calmed down before turning into a man. Bifrost looked for other reasons, eyes glazed over while he watched and he gave Kirkley a startled look the moment he started talking.

Right. Not just a pretty man statue.

"I know... You feel like you need to take care of me," Bifrost started, voice soft, "But its okay. Really. You dont need to catch me food and... " he pressed a hand to his chest, "Look. Its kinda doing my head in, being treated dainty-like. Like... like some sort of treasure. Like i need to be protected and I appreciate it, I really do." Bifrost paused, not sure where he was going with it, "what... What are you expecting out of all of this? A few quick fucks? A partner in crime? A... a... Friend you can visit sometime?"

Bifrost massaged feeling back into his legs while he spoke, trying not to hiss at the pins and needles pain that buzzed along his skin.

Cheesigator

How exactly could Kirkley answer those questions? How could he really tell Bifrost that he honestly didn't know, that he was just acting purely on impulse?

He looked at the running water, thinking over what the thief had asked for several moments before opening his mouth to answer.

"I don't know. I'm just... Too old to not listen to my gut when it tells me something." He looked at Bifrost, golden-and-blind eyes meeting violet. "It's just telling me that I need to keep you safe. So that's what I'm doing. Feel free to tell me to leave whenever you want."

He spared Bifrost the details--like the fact that even the concept of leaving Bifrost alone tore at his heart worse than any pain he'd felt in thousands of years. He left out the part that he already felt so oddly connected to the man, and that he didn't want anyone else to even come close to touching the thief ever again. He dismissed those feelings as insanity--maybe he really had finally lost it.

He looked at Bifrost for a moment longer, a mixture of being lost in thought while also taking in the sight for what it was, or at least what it seemed to be. It calmed him, just seeing the other man standing there so close. It was so reassuring and bizarre. He didn't know what to make of it, and eventually looked away, instead focusing on pawing through his bag to find his hunting knife and a stone to sharpen it on.

He felt exhausted, yet he knew these thoughts of his would keep him up a while longer. Might as well do something useful with his time.

Draconian

There was a few moments when he thought that, yes, Kirkley should leave. Bifrost was nothing but a burden and Kirkley would be much less hurt and nuch less tired without him around. He barely knew the guy and he... Bifrost moved a hand to his chest in a confused movement. What did the idea of telling Kirkley to go make his chest ache?

A little nod from Bifrost and he went quiet.

Kirkley was a big kittydog. Surely his instincts rang true and he should just let the man help him. Bifrost just watched until the other man went for his bag and began to sharpen a blade. Slowly, Bifrost moved towards Kirkley and pressed a hand to his head, pulling it to his torso in a strange sort of hug.

Bifrost was still standing, while Kirkley was not.

"You should sleep," Bifrost whispered before he pulled his bandanna from his head and used his free hand to loose his braid. It entertained him on a few levels that no matter how long his hair was in a braid it never got wavy . Always forest green and always bone straight.

"I'll watch over you," he said softly, "If your gut is telling you it needs to keep me safe, surely it'll let you sleep if I'm alive and well, hmm?" Bifrost teased, moving a finger to trace over the shell of his ear. "I'll even bargain with you if you dont want to sleep now, though you really should." Bifrost wasnt one for pet names, but it took a strange amount of effort to keep the 'my loves' and 'dears' at bay.

Cheesigator

Kirkley hadn't really been expecting the sudden half-hug. The movement was reassuring, the warmth from the other man instantly making his muscles relax, whether he wanted them to or not. He closed his eyes for a moment, resting against the other man before deciding that maybe Bifrost was right; after all, how good of a job could he do protecting his thief when he was sleep deprived and cloudy-headed?

He looked up at the other, watching the long green hair as it was pulled loose. He reached up to play with a few strands of it, silky in texture, emerald in color.

"I should sleep, but it's hard when all I want to do is look at you." Bifrost really was too beautiful for his own good.

Just being this close to Bifrost made his heart throb, and he couldn't place how or why. It was like he'd always been with Bifrost, but yet like they hadn't seen each other for thousands of years. It was impossible, and yet for some reason he started to feel tears well up in the corners of his eyes, an overwhelming swell of emotions taking over his being, driving him to get a good hold on the man to pull him down into Kirkley's lap where he could properly wrap his arms around the elf-eared thief and bury his face in that dark green hair of his.

"I don't know why, but I have the strangest thought to tell you that I missed you." He said with a half smile, eyes closed as he snuggled into the man.

Draconian

With a startled noise, Bifrost let himself be pulled down, arms curling around Kirkley's neck and he stroked up and down what he could reach of his back. "Missed me?" Bifrost questioned with a soft chuckle, "You haven't known me long enough to miss me," he still curled into the hug though. Still craving contact. Still needing  the comforting touch of another.

Bifrost pressed a kiss to Kirkley's temple before shuffled against Kirkley on his lap. "Close your eyes," he whispered, "Get some rest. I'll be here when you wake up," he pulled away slightly before he tipped Kirkley's head up to look down at him from his slightly higher position.

A long kiss was pressed to Kirkley's lips and Bifrost caressed his cheeks with his thumbs. "Sleep. The sooner you redt, the sooner we move, the sooner we can make love all night in an actual bed and neithed of us will have rocks or twigs digging into us," Bifrost pressed another kiss, "sound good? So. Rest. You're not allowed to wake up until its light out again, either."

Cheesigator

He hadn't known Bifrost long enough, right.

But then why did it feel like he had?

Maybe the two of them just got along that well, he thought. It was all he had time for really, because soon Bifrost was kissing him and Kirkley found himself almost melting into it, tangling his fingers in long green hair and returning it with every ounce of longing and sweet passion as he.. Always had. Again, like they'd known each other for a millennium.

He leaned into the thief's touch, smirking at the comment about beds. "Mmm, don't remind me." He rumbled, letting a hand slide down to give the other man a playful grope on the ass before returning the last kiss, freeing Bifrost from his grip so he could make himself comfortable enough to sleep.

"Alright, mom." He joked with a snicker before actually listening to the man and attempting to sleep. Though there was still that pang inside of him that told him to panic, that his companion wouldn't be there when he woke up in the morning, it wasn't bigger than the rest of him that was arguing in favor of sleep. He drifted off sooner than he'd care to admit later, comforted by the other man's presence and the promise of another day spent with him tomorrow.

It felt like the rays of sunlight hit his face far too quickly.

With a growl he rolled over onto his other side, trying to escape the light and finding it impossible. His wounded shoulder all but screamed at him for laying on it now, and it forced his eyes open as he started to wake up.

With a grunt and some visible effort he finally sat up, his mind taking far too long to register where he was and what he'd been doing there. What had happened yesterday? Oh, right. He'd been attacked, by bandits. The assholes. But it seemed like his mind was forgetting something important.

Oh yeah, Bifrost. Wait, Bifrost?

Finally he snapped out of his tiredness, or at least enough so for the moment to become completely aware of his surroundings, looking around wildly for his companion, panic already trying to fight its way into his chest.

"Bifrost?"

Draconian

Bifrost splashed water on his face and gave a heavy shiver when he wrung his hair out. It was cold. Far too cold to be having a 'bath' in a stream, but he'd been sweaty and probably smelly and while he was okay with being both of those things around his brothers Kirkley was still unfamiliar and Bifrost wanted to... Smell and look nice around him. Not that he'd ever admit it to anyone. Pulling  his pants back on with some difficulty, it wasn't until he stood up again, stretching his arms high over his head in the dawn light that he felt a tickle on his finger.

A brief glance over at his hand and he frowned at the dewy butterfly that had landed on his finger to bask in the sunlight which, he admitted, warmed up his hand.

A wrinkle of his nose and he accepted his destiny and became a perch for the butterfly. His hair wet and sticking to his chest and his pants sticking to his skin. Gooseflesh made his skin bumpy and he gave another shiver at the cold. His name caught his attention and he turned his head.

"What's up?" He asked, hoping his voice carried to where his... Friend... Was. "Wanna take a bath? Water is super cold and we have no soap, but..." Bifrost shrugged, arm still in the air, no doubt steaming from the coolness of the water and the head of the dawn, "Feels kinda nice."

Cheesigator

It was initially the sound of splashing that finally caught his attention; he turned and looked to see Bifrost standing there, stretching his arms to the sky where a butterfly landed on his finger, almost in a way that a nymph might. Maybe he was a nymph? Nymphs were liked by nature and all that, right? Who knew.

All Kirkley knew was that he felt an incredibly soothing wave of warmth flood over his initial reaction of panic when he saw that his partner was safe and sound; he visibly relaxed when the man turned and asked him what was wrong, suggesting he take a bath.

"I--Nothing." He didn't want to admit right away that he had immediately panicked. "Just wasn't sure where you'd disappeared to, was all."

Yep. Totally wasn't worried. Not at all.

He got up with a grunt, feeling the weight of his years hit him like a dragon body slamming him. He stretched slowly, stiff muscles aching in protest. A cold bath would wake him up, sure, but he wasn't so sure his muscles would be very appreciative.

He considered it for a moment, taking the time to look at his wound, pulling the skin a little more taught over his abs to see how the slash was healing; for the moment, it looked like it had knit itself together enough that it wouldn't so easily tear open like it could've yesterday. Good enough.

He slid his gaze over to Bifrost as he waded into the water, golden eye following the curving trails left by droplets of water over the other's tan skin; the sunlight glinted off of the drops and almost gave a kind of sparkling effect. He was so perfect he almost distracted Kirkley from the coldness of the water now splashing against everything below his pelvis. Almost. Not quite.

"Fuck--yeah--okay you weren't--kidding." He held back the urge to let his teeth chatter; his high body temperature couldn't have even prepared him for just how crisp the water was.

With that he ducked his head under, letting the water run over the entirety of his being before he came back up, shaking his head as a spray of water followed his hair. He made quick work of cleaning around his wounds, still finding it too cold for his tastes. Maybe he was just getting pickier with his old age.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" He asked as he climbed out, not bothering to wring his hair or dry himself, the wet sheen of the water glistening on his bare chest and shoulders. It would be a waste of time to get dressed when he had every intention of transforming in a bit anyways.

Draconian

Did he get any sleep?

Bifrost looked over his shoulder to Kirkley and stared, a flush running up his neck and resting on his cheeks. Geeze. The water. The plains of his stomach. Bifrost swallowed heavily and shifted his stance for other reasons and he blew gently at the warmed up butterfly in time for it to take off and flutter off into the sunbeams.

Then he rolled his shoulder because it ached and he wasn't sure how long he'd been staring at Kirkley or the butterfly'd been on him.

A shift of his stance and his hands went to his hips to hook into the tops, head tilted to the side and his wet hair hanging down over his shoulder. "I slept a little bit," Bifrost said softly, "The kinda sleep that happens by accident when you're trying to stay awake," He added with a smile and a few steps towards his... Friend.

Lover?

Bifrost licked his lips and looked away for a moment, towards the sun, eyes closed for a few heart beats while he gathered his thoughts and looked back towards the scarred tattoo'd man. "Are we lovers?" Bifrost finally asked, curious as to just what their situation was, "Like... Is it safe to assume that, should we find the time and place, we'll be doin' the side ways dance and junk?" Another tilt of his head, but the other side, "Or was that just a... Stressed out... Emotional... Explosion on both our parts?"

Cheesigator

Slept a little bit, huh? He didn't seem all that tired, but he might've been good at hiding it. Kirkley watched the man collect his thoughts, the sunlight making his tan skin glow and his dark green hair seem almost black in comparison. It was a pretty contrast.

Well if he got tired later he could always ride on Kirkley's back again, he supposed.

"Are we lovers?"

The question was so sudden and random it caught Kirkley completely off-guard. He blinked almost a bit owlishly at Bifrost for a moment as it sunk in. Yeah, what were they?

Every piece of him was screaming that they were much more than that, for some reason, but he knew that was crazy talk and therefor kept his lips pursed.

What were they?

He looked away, watching the sunlight dance on the ripples of water in the stream, glimmering and flashing like fish scales.

"Well," He finally said after a moment, stepping closer to Bifrost and sliding his arm around the man's waist, the contact of their skin sending the slightest of unnoticeable shivers down his own spine. "Ultimately that's up to you."

He dropped the smile though, his own gaze meeting violet. "I certainly wouldn't complain if you asked me to do that to you again, or if you wanted to switch it around, but I think the bigger question is 'what are you?'" He lightly tapped the center of Bifrost's sternum with his fingertips.

"I think it's safe to assume that whatever I am, I'm... Immortal." Fuck he hated that word. "So what are you?" And would Bifrost think it was worth it to stick around, knowing that? That was all up to him, which was why Kirkley couldn't really answer that question.

Such a heavy topic, for so early in the morning.

Draconian

What was he?

Was he too old to be an orphan? Bifrost swallowed thickly, thinking of his parents. Alone. A quick look away, head down and eyes cast to the side. Red with unshed grief. His brothers...

Bifrost gave a helpless shrug, "a fast healer?' He tried lamely with a little smile. He tucked his hair behind his injured ear, except for visual evidence that he'd been hurt (the proud owner if a little notch along the delicate pointed tip,) he was healed.

"I don't... But I'd like help figuring it out?" Bifrost gave a quick glance to his giant of a friend, spared a smile and began sloshing his way back to dry land. Why did he bathe in his pants? Now he had cold pants. Fuck. Better than hot pants, he supposed, looking at the scortch marks along one of the ankles.

"You... I like your company. I know we havent been around one another much but... I dunno... You feel familiar. And I feel safe around you." Bifrost looked pained for a moment, "Think we met before? Maybe when I was just a wee little thing?" He finally questioned, showing his back to Kirkley before rolling off his pants and wringing the water from them.

Cheesigator

Kirkley watched him intently, observing every motion, the way his muscles shifted with his stance. A tough question for so early in the morning indeed.

He let out a short huff of air at his lame little joke, giving Bifrost a half smile and a gentle nudge with his elbow before he watched the elf-eared man struggle back up to the shore, snickering under his breath at the soaking pants that couldn't decide if they wanted to cling to his figure or balloon out with the water.

He waded through the shallows with him, stepping out of the water onto the shoreline as he started finally wringing the water from his hair, shrugging so helpfully. The braids were thick, it took a bit of elbow grease to work the water out when they were so heavy.

He smirked, looking over at Bifrost with a bit of amusement on his face. "Well I like your company too. It's possible, I've been around an awfully long time and met a lot of people." Seen many places, done many things... And also people. "If you want me to stay I will; I've been told I make a good guard dog for journeys and quests." As if that hadn't already been proven a few times now.

"I don't exactly have anywhere else that I need to be--I'd just rather not force myself on you. I'm not that kinda guy." Clearly. "The magic users in Serendipity might be able to help figure out what you are." He offered, waiting now for Bifrost to finish getting ready before he changed and they set out again.

Draconian

After wringing out his pants and pulling them back on - brr, bad idea, he was pretty sure he'd never coax his testicles out of his torso now - and he gave Kirkley a long solemn look before he nibbled on his lips and ducked his head down, pulling his hair back into a quick knot at the back of his head and stretching his arms up.  Bifrost sighed heavily, blaming the tightness of his chest on the cold dip instead of the pure heartbreak.

Life was going to be much different now.

He knew that. He did, right? Bifrost pressed his hand to his face and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath and slowly let it out in a gust. This was normal. Grieving was normal. He'd lost his whole life.

Sure he could eagerly replace it with an ancient manbeast from who knows what origins but.

For now. Bifrost licked his lips again and rolled his shoulders, hair falling from the haphazardly made knot. There was a quiet moment when he turned to Kirkley and just stared at him, watching how the light played on his body. Eyes following trails of water.

"I'd like you to stay with me. I dunno what as," He cleared his throat, " I guess as whatever I need at the time," He teased, giving Kirkley a nudge before he boldly grabbed the other mans head and pulled him down for a needy chilly kiss. Well, Bifrost's lips were cold, Kirkley was warm as a furnace and the green haired elfy-man didn't really want to pull away.  "I guess we're ready to go then, hmm? Lead the way."

Cheesigator

Kirkley was patient, standing there in silence as he waited for the other man to make his decision. Though, just because he could stand there patiently didn't mean that he enjoyed it; he hated it. The seconds dragged on longer and longer as his elf-eared companion considered it, the thought of keeping Kirkley around.

He didn't know why, but he wanted to stay. Desperately. It was like every fiber of his being was telling him that he NEEDED to stay with Bifrost, no matter what.

He wondered briefly if the man told him to leave, if he would actually be able to do that. Just leave him there. He didn't think he could. No, he knew he couldn't.

Thankfully it didn't come to that however; finally Bifrost spoke up and said that he'd like Kirkley to stay--and Kirkley was instantly relieved. He started to smile when he was nudged, but then he was surprisingly pulled into a kiss, and when he felt how cold the other man's lips were, he couldn't help but want to melt into it. Or perhaps warm him up in other ways, as he wrapped his arms around him and smirked when Bifrost suggested they were ready to leave.

"If we weren't in such a hurry I'd prove you wrong on that." But the fact of the matter was simple: his... Friend here wouldn't be safe until they were out of the country, and they were extremely close now.

"So we'll save the sex for later as celebration for surviving, sound like a good incentive to you?" It sure as shit did to him, so why not?

Once all was said and done, and all jokes were set aside, it was indeed time to get moving, he was already starting to worry they'd been here too long. He did a quick change, the wounds from yesterday still sore amidst all of his short fur as he let Bifrost take care of their few meager belongings and led the way.

He kept pace with the man again today, though his limp was mostly gone, and stayed by Bifrost's side at all times, ears perked and singular working eye ever watchful for danger. For the most part, their journey was peaceful, just long and tiresome. They stopped twice for breaks for food, the only times when Kirkley left his companion alone--considering the man's reaction to the bloodshed last time, he made sure to let him eat in peace, and took his bloody catches elsewhere to gnaw on.

By the time the sun was starting to set, the sky a bright gold in color and the rays of sunlight washing them in hues of fire, they would be able to make out the sight of a city in the distance through the trees that grew scarcer. Kirkley picked up his pace a little until they were standing on a grassy hill, the trees having thinned out enough they could see it clearly. It was a small little town, but Kirkley recognized it--it was in Serendipity, and they had finally crossed the border now.

Truth be told, he hadn't stepped into a town in his other form in quite some time, he wondered how well the cityfolk would take to it. Not well, he imagined--but maybe if he had Bifrost at his side, they could at least play pretend that he was tamed. So he sat down, so the other man could climb onto his back once he got the hint, and when they were ready, they set off again, finding their way to the road as the town grew bigger and Bifrost's past in Connlaoth was left further and further behind them.

Draconian

It warmed Bifrost on a strange level when Kirkley huffed out that he'd like to prove him wrong.  Prove him wrong on them being ready to go? Bifrost didn't want to let go. Being so close, so warm was a balm on his hurting soul and it took a good amount of effort to let himself pull away. He wasn't weak. He wouldn't be weak. Bifrost shot Kirkley a surprised look, then it quickly melted away into a small little smile, giving him a weak nod and turning to where they were going to head.

The things didn't weigh much and if they did, he didn't notice.

When they stopped for food, Bifrost ate only a few bites, finding his chest too tight to eat anything else. It felt wrong. Gross. The food tasted like ash in his mouth and he slowly began to realize as the day went on that the shock of the loss was fading away and the pain was really setting in. Not the time nor the place though, so he pushed feelings down and took another mouthful of the too salty jerky and kept up when they left.

The day dragged on and Bifrost couldn't remember much of the trek besides grey and rocks.

Barely registered where they were before Kirkley sat down and Bifrost stared at him confused. What? Why? Was he leaving? A careful swallow and Bifrost took a few hesitant steps closer, afraid that if he moved too close Kirkley would just disappear into the breeze. His hand connected with fur though and he gave it a squeeze, a tremble running through his body before he swallowed thickly and hopped on. Not before rifling through the bandit's things and finding a cloak.

Also pulling down his hair.

His pointy ears poked out through the curtain of green and he rode his trusty beast-steed into the village.

With it being dusk, no doubt him crawling through the forest, sunset resting on the pair, they painted a majestic picture.

Sort of.

Bifrost frowned, "Are we... Are you going to turn into a man or am I walking you into a stable." Another frown, "Why didn't you just turn into a man back there." Bifrost stroked the fur at Kirkley's neck, finding comfort in the warmth under his hands. It staved off the cold everywhere else. Another shiver and Bifrost licked his lips, rifling through the bags to look for something - anything - to pay for a night at the inn.

Because fuck fucking in the woods.

And screw sleeping in them, too.

Bifrost wanted a bed and a hot meal and he nudged his heels into Kirkley's sides, "Well, hop to, Pup, We'll park you in the barn and then I can find you some clothes or something," He looked at his legs, "You have legs like tree trunks, so I don't think mine would fit you."

Cheesigator

He knew Bifrost had been having a tough time of the day; it had been apparent on his face, the way he walked and breathed. Kirkley knew that there wasn't much he could do for him, except be there, a physical being that wasn't going to leave him like everyone else so far had.

He snorted at the man's words. I can't exactly walk into a town buck-naked and be welcomed with open arms, sweetheart. He thought to himself as he trudged along the road. His paws and muscles were sore, and the limp had started to return a bit now that they'd spent the whole day walking.

As they approached the gates, they were stopped by guards, who got Bifrost's name and begrudgingly let them in--after all, this was Serendipity. Bifrost was hardly the first person they'd seen with some strange beast tagging along with him.

Kirkley mostly just used his sense of smell to find a barn, the townsfolk only giving them sparing glances and short stares before carrying on about their business. It was late in the evening, most normal people were inside their homes, getting ready for bed. Others were out at the bar, enjoying a few too many drinks.

He sat down in a stall, hay crunching underneath and poking his paws, he let Bifrost off of his back, snagging his bag from the man with his teeth and dropping it onto the floor next to him. It still had the rest of his belongings in it, so as soon as his elf-eared companion came back with a pair of pants he'd be good as new. Just about, anyways.

He gave his companion his best adorable dog-like smile, in a slight attempt to cheer him up. He threw in a nuzzle there for good measure, brushing his head against the man's side, before he got comfortable for however long he'd have to wait until Bifrost could pilfer some pants for him.

Draconian

Bifrost... felt tall. Though not out of place. He'd never seen so many strange looking people in his life. His eyes lingered briefly on a woman with opal hair tending to a horse, before he looked at Kirkley and smiled at the attempt to cheer him up.  It made him smile slightly and he dragged his fingers through fur before sighing and leaning down to press his face to Kirkley's fluffy one.

"I'll be right back," he said standing upright and making his way out of the stable. Pants. Where was he gonna find pants? Huge pants, for that matter. Think Kirkley would like a skirt? How did he even wear pants with a dick like that. Bifrost cast a curious look over his shoulder to the building before he gave another look around the area.

Maybe he wouldnt stand out so much if he didnt cover his ears.

Carefully he reached up to remove his bandanna, the crisp air making his sensitive ears tingle. A shiver racked him and he swallowed carefully, giving weary glances around. Nope. No one spared him a glance. Okay. On to pants.

It actually wasnt all that difficult. A little store, tucked into a room of someones home was closing with the sunset, but the adorable old woman who ran it kept the door open just for him with a stern warning of 'five minutes.' Bifrost grabbed a few shirts, a pair of pants for him and two for Kirklet, paid too much and left whatever she tried to give back.

It wasnt really his money anyway.

Bifrost returned a little later than he intended, having gone to whatever place that was that rented rooms and procured a meal and a bed for them. Bag in hand, he meandered back into the stable and kneeled beside Kirkley before melting against him, fingers digging into fur and hugging the giant beast.

Bifrost didnt ponder the  irony of perhaps one of the scariest people he's ever met also being the kindest. "I got you pants. And a shirt. And us a place to stay - If you want to. You can also stay here if you prefer," he looked around, hair falling down around his face without the bandanna to keep it back. "I'd like the company though," he admitted softly, giving a smile that looked more like a grimace.

Cheesigator

Kirkley watched Bifrost go with eyes that glittered with concern. Once he was gone, Kirkley let out a low whine and settled down, chin resting on his forepaws as he did the one thing he could do now with this free time--watch the world go by.

People watching had always been a peculiar pastime of his; it was interesting, or at least he thought it was, to watch the world go on without him. It had before, for who knows how many years. People changed--they were born, they grew up, they died. And with every person born, humanity itself seemed to slowly and steadily progress forward. The technology they had now still amazed a simpleton like him; contraptions and ingenuity he'd never been capable of, himself. He was lucky that he was smart enough to learn the new languages and barely keep up. So, he found the people of today fascinating.

He wasn't really sure why, anymore.

He'd started to doze off when Bifrost returned, sleepily opening his one seeing eye at the sounds of familiar footsteps, and then he lifted his head off his paws when he saw who it was. He greeted his companion with a light chuff and a happy, dog-like smile that showed all of his teeth. He nuzzled him back to return the hug. In the man's arms, he changed back, the muscles and bones under his fur and skin rippling until he was a bare human again, sliding his fingertips under the elf-eared man's chin and guiding him into a sweet and tender kiss, before he took a pair of pants and shimmied into them, looking at the man with a relaxed smile.

"I've been looking forward to a bed this whole trip. Especially if I get to share it with you." He teased, but it was light, playful--not really meant to go anywhere, not tonight. Not with the look on Bifrost's face, the misery he felt coming off the man in waves.

Once he had his new pants and shirt on, he threw his back over his shoulder and offered Bifrost a hand up if he needed it, sliding an arm around his waist and pulling him close as he looked at him with a warmth and tenderness in his eyes that suggested he felt something a little deeper than either of them were ready to admit.

"We made it this far; now tomorrow, after we get a decent night's sleep, we can figure out where to go next. Things'll start looking up soon." He promised quietly, brushing a strand of green hair away from the man's brilliant violet gaze, before he stepped back and let him lead the way to the inn.

Draconian

It was intimate.

Bifrost swallowed carefully, afraid of how much he felt. It was a lot. None of it was bad. When Kirkley was the tall kinda weird looking guy his heart skipped a beat and he couldn't really... Think. After the gentle kiss he licked his lips and blinked up, slightly flushed, curious. Weary. A small smile was returned and he opened his mouth, what was supposed to be a laugh was just a sort of... Puff of air but he smiled slightly all the same before ducking his head down. It was nice to have his bandanna off, it let his hair slip over his shoulders to cover his face.

A steady slow intake of breath and he looked up with Kirkley pushed his hair aside. He'd been naked with the guy in an intimate fashion once, seen him naked a few more times but he'd always found the little things, the innocent gentle touches, more intimate than anything else they'd done. It was scary. Bifrost squeezed his eyes shut for a moment before he gave a sturdy nod. "Yeah, as long as we don't head back there," He jerked his thumb in the general direction of Connlaoth.

A place he thought he'd never leave.

There would be no reason to go back now.

He pressed a hand to his chest before he gave Kirkley a brief smile and tucked his hands into his pockets, backpack slung over one shoulder. "C'mon, I got us a room and a meal," He smiled, starting to walk away, unsure of how this particular village viewed unconventional relationships. Bifrost kept his hands to himself, shoulders straight, hair left to hang down his back. Should have gotten two rooms. Shouldn't have stolen his pants in the first place.

Would he have been able to save them though? Even if he'd been there? Or would he have died too? A brief glance over his shoulder to Kirkley and he found that even though tragedy had struck, that the worst that could have happened did, he wanted to be completely selfish. He'd have stolen the pants again. He'd have spent the morning making lo--- Having sex in the dirt. Was that selfish? Bifrost was alarmed to realize that he'd feel more lost without Kirkley. Maybe it was the whole shitty situation. Maybe it was more.

Lost in his thoughts, Bifrost almost walked past their destination, though he pushed the door open and held it for his companion. Once his tall friend was inside he smiled at the woman behind the counter, a friendly looking young woman, dressed from her chin to her wrists, barely a lick of skin showing. Unusual for her type of job, he imagined she'd be showing off some good for tips.

"You look tired, Honey," She said softly, tilting her head at Bifrost, "Want to eat your meals in your room?" She looked to the pair, "I'll send up an extra blanket and pillow, too, No extra cost," she smiled at Kirkley before she put her glass down, "Maybe some wine to go with it, you two look like you've had a day. Room 3" She handed Bifrost a key and smiled to Kirkley, "If you need anything, my name is Sera. Breakfast is at 7, usually something simple or left overs. If you want to go get comfortable, I can bring your meals to you." Another friendly smile and she waved one of her helpers to take over the bar and Bifrost blinked at her.

Strange woman.

He looked to Kirkley, shrugged and meandered over to the staircase, found their room and entered it. It was cute. A single bed, maybe enough room for the both of them if they really cuddled and enough space on the floor for one of them to roll off and sleep comfortably. Bifrost chuckled at the image, "Pity we're both so tall, eh?" He smiled over his shoulder, " Most places aren't built for people our size." He wiggled his eyebrows, "Do you want to start on the bed and end up on the floor or do the opposite?"

Tags: