Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Children Of the Damned [PM if you wanna join late]

Started by Gawfy, November 01, 2016, 08:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkensarah

Azure sat down on the log as she looked over the group that had formed once more. She drew both of her great swords from her back. When seeing her weapons most thought she would only wield one at a time, and if not for her magic that would be true. With her affinity with metal she could wield both like they were light as a feather.

"Names Azure," She added as introductions started.

She set off sharpening her blades, something she did every night, keeping both of her weapons sharp enough to split hair. She knew she wouldn't be sleeping. She had a feeling that the group laying waste to those demons things would upset whoever or whatever was making them. Undoubtedly there would be an attack that night. Something she was sure of.

Morgan Droud

"Zynros."

After unhooking his blades from his belt, he lay them against a nearby tree, just within the fire's light. He didn't expect the Demons to attack again anytime soon, but listened for them anyways.

Whim

Ewan crept back from the heap of carcasses left by the second wave of aberrations. An assortment of warriors and a masked woman were huddled about a newly crackling fire. "I'm Ewan," he puffed out his chest, clutching his grimoire officiously to look less like a grubby urchin, "I'm a sorcerer. Came here because I thought all the kidnappings had something to do with some old... goddess of eternal youth."

He cast a glance at the malformed imps, riddled with postures, chitin, and eldritch markings. "Guess that ain't the case. But you've seen this all before? Mister, uh, Gaw... Gawfy?"
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

drunkensarah

Azure looked up at the boy from sharpening her blade, her head turning slightly to the side.
"Isn't this a little past your bedtime, be careful or you might end up being one of those things," She spoke before dropping her head back down, once again starting to sharpen her already razor sharp blades.

Gawfy

No, im sure they are connected.These kids probably just took a shitty deal Gawfy started to stoke the fire as the mist thickened.Think about it if you where a demon you would wanna go after kids. They are young and dont know any better But to answer your question when im not taking small time jobs i kill demonic beasts in my spare time. So ewan, what spells do you know?after listening to him he turned to Kino. Pleasure to meet you, You a alchemist? of sorts? Gawfy asked.

Whim

The boy rattled off a list on his fingers. "I'm an animancer. I work magic on living things: binding wounds, making things grow, turning into animals."

"And older than I look, too," Ewan shot Azure an indignant look, turning a shade of red. "Though I suppose that won't stop them from trying to stick fly wings on me." He wrinkled his nose at her suggestion and approached the fire to warm himself. The village was damp and cold.

"So you're all here about this daemon? And these kidnappings?"

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie

Ice

As they were talking joss and his group were moving ever close. As they got within earshot he motioned for his followers to land. He wanted to take this rather odd group buy surprise. Soon he was very close. Then one of the demon kids stumbled. It was enough of a sound to probably alert at least one of these impure creatures. Though that was fine with him. He would just kill the faster that way. He now watched and waited for any sort of reaction.

Morgan Droud

The conversations between the others was meaningless to Zynros. He took notice of a few things mentioned, like the fact the boy was apparently older than he looked, and Gawfy's minimal theory about the Demons. However, his eyes only opened when he heard multiple disturbances within the woods around them, followed by a much louder one.

"Visitors."

He grabbed Esteral and unsheathed it, preparing himself to intercept the expected attack.

Gawfy

Gawfy stood up and Readied his sword. He Made his way over to Zynros, He couldnt explain why But he Trusted this man in battle. How many? he asked as he Looked at his sword. Gawfy Felt the Power From this man. If anything he didnt want to be on the sharp side of that sword.

Morgan Droud

Whim

"Let... me try something." Ewan hopped to his feet and paged through his grimoire. The boy soon began humming, rather blandly, as there wasn't much tune to it. After some moments a there came a low as a cloud of wasps emerged from some unseen place. The swarm encircled the camp, sparing its inhabitants, but forming almost a living a wall against any intruders...

Their buzzing and humming, however, was intolerable. And a few stray wasps came dangerously close to some faces. "THEIR STING IS PRETTY VENOMOUS!" he shouted, "SORRY FOR THE NOISE."

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

drunkensarah

Azure stood, her gaze landing on the boy who said he wasn't a boy.
"Can you make me an opening, a doorway of some kind so I can get through?" She spoke, her words strong, almost authoritative. It was clear she had spent sometime in a military, and it was very likely she had been a commander during it.

She held her two great swords in her hand as easily as if they had only been daggers. She knew barracking oneself rarely did much good. Not to mention, she absolutely hated wasp.

Ice

Joss just smirked when he saw that they were noticed. Oh these impure heavens did not stand a chance against him and his army. And he would gladly prove this fact. " You think you can stop us. You don't stand a chance. You will all die. I promise." He said to  the group.

He thought it was funny that the boy who apparently was a mage summoned wasps. " Your magic means nothing to those who serve a higher purpose." He said. He then summoned flames to try to destroy the insect barrair. No one was going to stop him . No not or ever.

Whim

"I CAN TRY! I DIDN'T THINK THAT FAR AHEAD!" Ewan gave Azure a sheepish look waved his arms ineffectually to try and make the wasps part. It didn't listen. And then there was a flash, and burnt little husks rained down on them. The few survivors swarmed toward the robed priest and imps.

"Whose the-" The boy fell on his backside as the fire hit. "Sounded like a man with 'em! A mage!"

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

Morgan Droud

As the boy's wasps opened the fight, Zynros stepped toward the nearest of the Demons. A quick slash from Esteral, and it's head was separated from its body, and he moved onward.

This should be quick.

drunkensarah

Azure ran forward along side Zynros, her blades making quick work of the demons. It was childs play, she had stood toe to toe with far worse. The basilisk and dragons of Adela, the vampires and werewolves that roamed the wilds. The creatures that they faced were not war hardened creatures. She could imagine that they were in fact once children. 

Gawfy

Gawfy wanted to jump in but somthing felt wrong to him. These beasts where falling to easily almost if they where throwing themselves onto their enemies blades. As they fell their Blood seemed different than the first. It almost had a yellow tint to it. At this point one Flew out of the woods at Gawfy. He didnt use his sword but Bludgeoned it with his Gauntlet. The Strange Blood Covered gawfy's Right hand and seeped through the cracks in it. As soon as it Touched his skin his right hand and arm Went numb. He Turned to The alchemist Kino what the hell is this Stuff?   As he motioned towards the Yellow tinted blood as the Others fought.

Ice

Joss was not to pleased when a few stray wasps swarmed after them. Well that was the price he had to pay he guessed. " It's useless to fight us. You all will be made to submit. Or you will suffer. I prefer the latter option myself." He said. One might note that his voice was not all that evil. In fact it was strongly kind and soft.

He moved closer to the group. He then smiled. He wasn't going to be doing any fighting unless he had to. Joss was not a great fighter unless he used magic.

Alize

Kino stood passively near the back of the group. One could almost mistake her for a woefully misplaced bystander, if not for the rhythmic flicking of her wrist. Every time her hand moved, a glass dagger sailed towards one of the Once-Children. Not a single knife missed its mark, and not a single demon-thing survived the blue flames that erupted from the shattered glass. Back straight and head held high, the Vagabond Apothecary was felling her marks with slow but measured timing and perfect accuracy.

Without turning her beaked mask towards Gawfy, her voice echoed from behind her metal facade. "It's demonc. I don't exactly do demonology." She paused to take aim again, then let another glass knife fly. "But holy water generally helps."

Kino turned towards the warrior in black armor. She flicked her wrist again. Instead of a knife, a small flask of blessed and consecrated liquid sailed in a slow, clean arc through the air towards Gawfy.

"Catch."

Whim

The wasps were large and streaked with black and green markings. A rare breed and conjured from Kishahn. They sent  handful of the imps beside the priest into convulsions, but that was the last of the swarm.

Ewan cringed as a nearby daemon was incinerated by some alchemical concoction, and darted forward to catch up with Kino and Gawfy. Both were a healthy distance from the fray. "Well I'm sure the daemon shaped them to- to kill. Ain't surprising if the blood's toxic. Or transformative. Do you feel different?" the boy squinted at Gawfy who was splattered in the stuff, hastily thumbing through his book.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters: