Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Monsters Inside [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, November 11, 2016, 03:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Della blinked at him. "Me," she repeated. "I'm a mage, not a sorcerer or warlock or...whatever. My powers come from within, not an external source."

Magyar

"Well that kind of narrows it down." He said, still unsatisfied, "Do you access them more easily through calm collectedness? Like meditation magic? Or are they emotionally fueled? Do you use anger?"

DragonSong

She huffed and rolled her eyes. "Y'know, that isn't really how magic works. You don't just...pick one way of making it work. Sure, I could use strong emotion, but I c an also use calm and focus."

Magyar

"Well sorry, but it's not really my forté." He defended his curiosity, "Besides it's good to know what might... ah, help you later on."

DragonSong

"I don't need help," Della grumbled. "I've gotten along just fine so far, thanks." She fell quiet, focusing her attention on the road ahead.

Magyar

"That's not what I meant." He replied quietly, but said nothing more. The shifting scenery around them began to lose it's green mountain foliage in favour of low hanging trees and veldt grasses. The colour palette melted into browns and beiges, and Bolion looked right at home in the colours of his skin.

Before long, a small set of hits, and one barn, or the remnants thereof. Blackened and charred, though many years ago, all the huts but one had greenery lounging on their skeletons. The one that didn't was the central hut, or so it seemed, and was much more freshly burnt than the others.

"Well here we are," Bolion remarked, "Essyrn."

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=22603.new#new