Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No Place for the Civilized [OPEN]

Started by AevumEternity, November 16, 2016, 07:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

OOC: You reply so fast! It makes me feel all warm n fuzzy on the inside! XD plus you're an awesome RPer!! This is great! XD

Perfect, perhaps this man would be more useful then she hoped..." Looking for ancient tablets describing the practices of Magic," she says quietly, already Purgatorio began to plod along slowly, clearly expecting him to follow. Her words were half true, it's not like he would be useful if she kept everything a complete and utter mystery...

Lady Kilandre's eyes carefully look the elf up and down from beneath the helm, he wasn't bad looking- and as important as that was, she could clearly see this raggamuffin was more then your average theif. There was a brain between those pointy ears- a clever one. It was wonderful...

JackieCat

OOC: Thank you!  I love Post Volleying, and you're a great writer, too!

Faelis hooked his thumbs in his belt loops and sauntered along next to the horse.  "What do you need with those?" he asked.  There were many reasons, she could want magic for herself, as it was obvious she had none now, or she needed to fight a mage of some sort.  After all, knowing your enemy was the first step in defeating them.  Unless you had dumb luck, but Faelis didn't usually count on that.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

AevumEternity

" Ah, ah, ah Sirrah Mugwort-" from behind the massive shield, she waved a finger at him," Not too many questions, we don't want to get too attached to one another do we?" The metal rasping against itself at the horse seemed to eye the elf warily.

" and you? Simply precious things?"

JackieCat

He didn't press for answers, he knew should wouldn't tell him.

"You know what people say," Faelis said. "It's the journey, not the destination, or something like that.  I prefer adventure while, ah. . . procuring whatever I'm after.  Money is hardly something I'm concerned with."

Faelis glanced around.  "Where, may I ask, are we headed now?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

AevumEternity

" A true poet, Sirrah Mugwort- you truly are a poet~" she answered faintly, focusing upon the ruined highway ahead of them lined on both sides by the ruins of the massive citie," Well I was simply wandering until we ran into Afflicted persons, they tend to stay near where they turned, do they not? Or are those abominations? Either way-"

(With that- I'' afraid I gotta go to sleep :D but I'' super glad you replied to this thread xD)

JackieCat

"Thank you kindly," Faelis said, inclining his head to her.  "Often they don't leave, they don't want to spread their curse to other mages.  I could show you one of the artifacts I found."

He didn't say anything else, waiting to see how she'd react to that.

(OOC:  Perfect timing, I was about to say the same thing!  Sleep good!)
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

AevumEternity

The knight nods wordlessly in response- leaning down slightly from the tall saddle. As if expecting him to produce it from out if the blue. Purgatorio shifted awkwardly with the change inw eight but plodded on without complaint other then a slight switch of the angle of his flared ears.

Lady Kilandre now was able to examine the elf more closely- he definitely was not bad- which was highly pleasing to say the least... At least their partnership would be fun, or so it seemed

JackieCat

Faelis waited a few seconds before retrieving the object, let her anticipate it for a moment.

Then he pulled it from a pocket in his leather pants.  He held it up so the rider could see it, but he kept it out of her reach.  However, it was nothing remarkable.

A broken piece of pottery, about the size of a large coin, with jagged edges and dully colored.  "Here she is," Faelis said, looking at the piece. "Amazing, isn't it?"  He glanced sideways at the rider, a sly smirk on his face.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

AevumEternity

Scoffing under her breath, the young woman leans back in the saddle, shaking her head gently- reaching up, she unclasped the helm, sliding it offer her head as she allowed the white-blonde locks to fall loose," Mugwort- where in these ruins do you think the Afflicted would hide?" She murmurs softly, narrowing her eyes as she looks around, restjng the helm on the saddlehorn in front of her.

JackieCat

Faelis chuckled, she didn't believe the artifact was real.  Ignoring her question, he spoke.

"Even though magic-users are cursed here in Fell, some magical items are not, resulting in there being several cursed artifacts around the ruins.  This one for instance," he rubbed the shard between his fingers.  "Who knows how powerful the magic in the original pottery was, but this is just a small piece.  Even so, it does this."

He threw the nondescript piece of dried dirt away from them.  It flew through the air, but when it hit the ground about fifteen yards from them, it exploded.

The blast wasn't very large, and none of the dust or debris even came close to hitting the three of them, but it was something.

"See?" Faelis said, running forward to retrieve the pottery piece, which appeared to be undamaged. "Imagine what the pottery whole could have done?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

AevumEternity

Both horse and rider jerked back in shock with the small explosion, but soon settled, trotting toward him, the young woman tilts her head as she rides closer," That's... Incredible," she murmurs," But if it is indestructible to explosions, why is there only a single shard left? Could the magic have been undone to shatter the pot?" immediately her eyebrows furrow in deep thought, staring into the distance as she tapped her cheek with one armored finger.

JackieCat

"I doubt that it was undone," Faelis said, looking at the piece. "Even though it's own magic may not be able to destroy it, other things can, see?"

He scraped the edge of the shard with his fingernail, breaking off a few crumbs.

"So, about those Afflicted Mages. . ?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

AevumEternity

As he mentioned the afflicted mages, she tilted her head curiously to one side, furrowing her brow," What about them, my friend?" Noting him chipping the shard further, magic always had a way of confounding the heavy cavalry knight. Alas, she was most definitely not meant for scholastic activities- nor had her upbringing solidified that assumption~

JackieCat

"You wondered where they gathered in these ruins," Faelis said, tucking the broken pottery back into a hidden pocket.  "I know where they are."

He assumed that the fact that he was giving information slowly made it appear as if he were looking for something in return.  While a little coin never went unappreciated, Faelis hardly ever did anything for the money.  He did it for the fun.  Well, let the rider make her own assumptions about him.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Tags: