Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Your Nightmares Were Dreams Too... [Blink, ValamLym, Salzem]

Started by Codex, November 19, 2016, 05:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codex

Now this was an interesting place wasn't it?

Cyn thought so, otherwise the clock eyed girl wouldn't be skipping her way towards the small settlement. She hummed a silent tune as her shoes clicked against the small stone path leading towards the village. Her face bore a dark grin as it intently stared towards the village's center... A lone clock tower silently ticked on and on through the glorious flow of time! It seemed rather small, but it wasn't sparsely populated. There were many people here of all ages, shapes and sizes. Going through their daily lives, very few noticing Cyn. After all, she did look rather normal in her current outfit. It only consisted of her usual black buttoned top and dark blue skirt. Her hair tied into two even twin tails. The only thing that's took out about her was the fact that half her face was obscured by her bangs.

5 days of traveling had lead the girl here, and she was going to savor these next few moments... After all, when she planned to leave there wasn't going to be anyone left to have any fun with. Maybe some extinct animals, but no people...

Not wasting any time, Cyn strolled up to the large clock tower. Her smile grew ominous as she reached out a hand and ran her palm along its old stone... Looking up at the clock, she looked back down at her hands. Smiling, Cyn turned back around to face the village...

A few moments went by without event... Until suddenly a large explosion occurred! A passing wagon erupted in fire and smoke, and the entire village stopped dead in their tracks to witness the sudden destruction. As the smoke climbed higher, Cyn's giggle could be heard, and standing on top of the caravan, elegantly walking out of the smoke was Cyn, dressed fully in her battle outfit. Her yellow clock eye casting an ominous golden glow as the wreckage creaked under her... "If I can have all of your lovely people's attention! I would like to make an ANNOUNCEMENT!" She yelled to the village, as a small crowd started to gather around the burning caravan as many eyed Cyn with a sense of horror. Her appearance had changed drastically from only a moment before. Now she bore long black laced boots, an orange frilled dress, and an orange bonnet wrapped over her head, the result being two uneven twin tails on each side of her head. Her smile was dark, and it made everyone feel uneasy. 

"Today I'd like to inform you people that every SINGLE one of you are going to be part of a little 'Social Experiment'!" She cackled as the crowd continued to watch her... Some of them shifted silently, as parents gripped their children closer. Sunset began to cast an eerie orange light on the group as the burning wood continued to smoke upwards. "Hehehe... Just like all of you were once born, you now fumble blindly through the current of time!" She told them. However, before Cyn could finish another voice interrupted her speech. She turned her attention to the left side of the crowd as an angry man yelled out to her. "Hey! What do you think you're doing! You just destroyed my brother's wagon!" An furious younger man pushed through the crowd and ran forwards, stopping several feet away from the burning wreckage as his hands balled into fists... His eyes slowly streaming with tears.

"Hehehe. Oh? I'm so sorry. But it seemed like the best way to get all of your eyes focused on me! You see, I'm selfish and I want all the attention on me, all the time! And your brother was getting in the way, so I killed him!" She cackled, stepping off the wreckage and slowly walking up to the man.  "Y- You bitch! I'll kill you!" He yelled angrily, before the glint of steel shone in the sunlight. The man pulled out a rather large knife from his back and sprinted up to Cyn as she silently stood there giggling from his actions... With such speed, she elegantly sidestepped the blow, and grabbed his arm. Lifting it upwards, her foot planted directly into his crotch! He withered in pain for a moment, enough for Cyn to squeeze his wrist, causing him to let go of the knife. Within another instant she caught the blade and directed it straight into his lower rib cage. He quickly coughed up blood before falling to his knees in front of the girl. The crowd let out a shocked gasp as Cyn looked down at her fallen foe with a cruel smile. Before her foot came up again, kicking his head backwards, causing him to fall on his back with a pool of blood spilling underneath him...

"Shame you had to die before I reached the final act, but oh well. None of you will be around much longer anyways." She whispered before looking back up at the village population. She raised an arm, and suddenly a long musket rifle manifested itself in her grasp. "Heheheh! Let me show all of you the way through my time flow!" She laughed maniacally, her yellow clock eye spinning out of control! She then raised it pointing directly upwards. She pulled the trigger of her musket rifle, and a yellow beam shot into the sky. The whole village stared up in fear as it swerved through the air, before changing course completely, crashing directly into the clock tower! A large bell ring was heard as it echoed through the town as the clock suddenly stopped ticking... The face of it began to glow yellow as the hands began spinning backwards! It was slow at first, but it began picking up speed. Suddenly the bell ringing and ticking sounds of the clock tower got louder, and drilled inside the minds of every living creature in the village. Cyn simply laughed manically with her arms outstretched!  The villagers began to scream from the sensation, falling to their knees as they covered their ears. It was useless, none could stop the ringing and ticking from burrowing into their skulls. The hands on the clock spun faster and faster backwards until it abruptly stopped... All hands aligned on the 12... With one final bell ring, a torrent of yellow magic burst from the face of the clock in a shock wave. It consumed the entire area in yellow light...

A few moments the light faded... But there was no people. There were no buildings... In their place was nothing but still trees and grass. The clock tower was the only piece of civilization that remained... Already it was covered in moss and vines as if it had been there for many, Many years... Cyn was on her knees in front of the tower, gazing at the forest she had created... She chuckled silently to herself, breathing heavily. "Now... T-That's the way it's supposed to be..." She giggled before falling backwards, out stretching her arms in the soft grass, letting the orange glow of sunset tickle her skin in front of the withered clock tower...

Salzem

"Heh Heh Heh..." An ominous voice laughed as Demagogue blinked into existence beside the sprawled out girl. He watched the village fade to mere ruins, centuries worth of work bypassed in a matter of seconds. People rotted and died, grass and trees grew, stone and glass fell. Before anyone had known what was happening, their little worlds had ended, time consuming them at a pace far surpassing it's casual leisure. In all of Demagogue's exceptionally long life, he had only one other time seen destruction like this: Clean, quick, hardly detectable by those who haven't been here... One would have just believed that the town that once was is nothing more than ruins of years past, something from the days of ancient civilization. It was a work of art, a feat of magic that was nothing less than beautiful. It would have brought a tear to his eye-sockets if he had tear-ducts. He sat among the now-artifacts of an ancient town, staring up at the remains of a once-proud clock tower, only the minute hand still clinging to it's face.

"Do you normally wipe out towns you walk into...?" Demagogue asked casually, nudging one of the girl's sprawled arms with his elbow. "I have to say, you put on quite a show." The skeleton smiled widely at the girl, his jagged, jaw-carved teeth contorting themselves to fit the mold of his smile. The lights in his sockets glowed brightly with curiosity as the wind pulled at his hat, making empty threats to tug it off of his skull. The sun slowly made it's dip behind the horizon as if it had seen all it needed to see, offering the moon it's chance to survey the carnage, no doubt inclined to accept.

"Though... it wouldn't necessarily be prudent to lay around in the borders of your work, as no doubt someone will walk by and see it, see you, madame." The demon stared down at the girl's strange looking eye, the one shaped and colored to resemble that of a clock. Even to an ancient demon such as himself, something about this eye made Demagogue uneasy, as if it was somehow unnatural and highly volatile. Then again, that might have just been the girl who possessed the eye... However way he decided to slice it, something about her was very clearly not right... Perverted and wrong, especially to something constant like him. With a flick of a finger, the girl's body would float into the air, hovering a good 10 feet above the skeleton as he stared up at her, curious, but wary.

"If I may inquire.... where'd you get the magic to cast that spell...?" His eyes faded to black as he asked this question, though he might have already known the answer.

Blink

The hunger of feeding off the fear of those around was rising. Nashya could feel that somewhere not far off something was happening and it was causing quite a stir. She needed their fear, she needed to consume every last bit of it in order to grow even stronger. This was how she had spent most of her time lately, on a form of a bender consuming as much fear as she could. Nashya could not get enough of it, no amount was enough to quench the thirst within her.

As she began to make her way towards the feeling it suddenly vanished, as if it never existed at all. Stopping in her tracks she titled her head a bit to one side as she tried to peace it all together. This made no sense, even if those in fear had been killed it would still linger for a short period and fade. But this... this was something different all together. It was as if the fear never existed to begin with, no trace of it even lingering.

With her interest now peaked she started walking again in the direction the original feeling was coming from. First though she would pull a shadow from what was cast by the setting sun. Like an artist she twisted and pulled at it until a creature not from this world had manifested. It was a large dark mass with white eyes, no mouth. Just the eyes and shape of this creature appeared somewhat humanoid, the skin however had a drooling effect to it.

"Go ahead of me... find what caused this and then I will move forward should I find it interesting enough."

The creature nodded closing its lids before shooting off ahead. The way it moved was almost animalistic, half dragging half sprinting itself forwards. Nashya had stopped moving by now, just a strange hooded figure standing in the opening of the road to those passing by. Bits of her hair peaked out from the hood falling across her chest as she waited patiently for the being she summoned to find what she sent it after.

Meanwhile, the creature had made quick work of finding the source of the confusion. Laying there in the grass of what seemed to be a ruined town was a girl and skeletal like figure. Creeping forwards its form shifted into a shadow being cast by an old clock tower, completely hidden from mortal sight. If these beings were responsible for such an act, surely they would sense it right away.

Still in the same place she had paused Nashya continued to stand silent, eyes closed, as she tried to see what her creation was seeing.

ValamLym

Keyleth simply blinked as she saw the city before her disappear, grass and trees rising in its stead. Looking at the event for a moment she took a bite from her apple, simply shrugging. ''At-least its original, I'd go for something more explosive though.'' she spoke, to no-one in particular. Curiosity peaked, her keen elven eyes searched their surroundings, hoping to find the source of this little disappearing trick.

She ran her hands through her raven black hair, simply sighing as she didn't immediately see anything. Snapping her finger, she created a flock of what seemed to be crows, although the magic was dark and writhing almost as if they were made out of a colony of bugs. Red beady eyes glew softly before the group took off. From this height, it was a matter of minutes for them to locate the two, a skeleton and a young girl, if she hadn't know better she had thought this to be one of those steamy romance novels that go just that bit too far.

She shrugged and slapped her hands together, the ravens landing beside them, forming into one writhing mass before it took on Keyleth's shape, which the original then promptly warped to. Looking down at the two she simply rubbed the top of her nose ''A freak with a clock for an eye and a skeleton.. Well..'' she took another bite from her apple, remaining silent for the remainder of the time, leaving whatever she wanted to say next for the duo to wonder about.

''So making town's disappear huh? I assume that was the girls work? I'm just guessing but a clock for an eye and a town just disappearing like it was re-winded out of existence.'' she tapped the bridge of her nose ''that's not coincidence.'' she shot a glance toward the sorry state of what once was a clock tower. ''Yep.. too ironic.'' she rubbed the apple on one of her arms and took another bite, before promptly throwing it away.

Codex

Cyn continued to lie still in the soft grass. It was a wonderful feeling. She had used up a lot of her magic energy, so a little rest was needed. However, she wasn't alone for long. As if a shadow had passed over Cyn's body, a figure rose from the air beside her, accompanied by a dark chuckle. Cyn flicked an eye open to see a tall skeletal figure staring down at her with a smile. No doubt witnessing what Cyn had just accomplished.  She stared at him for a moment, her face expressionless as her golden eye continued to tick silently. "I didn't destroy anything." She told him. "All I did was restore this forest to its natural state." She said smiling. The fact that Cyn hadn't been taken back by this being's appearance could be extremely telling about her. If her odd look, magic, and personality wasn't.

It seemed her plan was working. She had come to this place with one goal. To draw out the dark powers of this world to participate in a grand plan... With a soft sigh, Cyn stood up and faced the skeleton, putting her hands behind her back and leaning over with a dark grin. "Based off that display, subtly wasn't my intention." She said implying she didn't 't care if people saw her. "Yet it attracted you mr. Skeleton." Before long, Cyn found herself floating in the air with a surprised look. "Heeeey! What's the big idea?" She asked annoyed, seemingly ignoring his question. "Cmmmon! Put me down." She said in a childish manner. Of course, a new being formed into existence shortly after. Looking down to see an elf appear out of a flock of crows, she smirked and disappeared in a yellow flash. Within an instant she reappeared in a similar light, standing on top of the clock tower with her hands on her hips. "Well aren't we an odd group? Do you all just admire my work that much?" She said in a mocking tone, placing a hand on chest. "And who may I ask are you two? Why show yourselves to me? I am an interesting person, I know."

Salzem

"Potatoes, patahtos." Demagogue said with a lopsided smile as the girl attempted to split hairs. When he lifted her into the air and the girl protested, the skeleton only laughed, clearly amused by her childish behavior. He had to admit, for a city-rotting, time-wielding being of magic, she was certainly entertaining. Almost didn't make him want to rip her intestines out her mouth. Despite her lovable and truly endearing nature, Someone with that much power at their disposal shouldn't be allowed to walk the earth. The possibilities await, and not the kinds that makes a demon fan-boy over the amount of souls he'll be raking in either. No, the sort of possibilities that were coming his way were the kind that left the entire planet back before the gods got up off their lazy butts and made stuff, back before souls and people existed. Demagogue had it in his head that if this girl managed to amplify her magic even further... she was going to be a real threat. Before the demon could follow up on that act and make himself feel better, a flock of crows swarmed out of nowhere, coagulating on the ground beside them and taking the shape of a beautiful dark elf woman with an apple. The skeleton smiled, clearly amused. You know what they say about apples and assholes... Eat one and you look like one!

"At your service, my lady." The demon bowed his head, careful to place a hand on his hat to keep it from slipping off his skull. The girl would plop back into the grass where she was, Demagogue's telekinetic grip failing. "Yes, she does have a talent for magic, does she not?" the skeleton asked, pointing his thumb over his shoulder at the girl. He couldn't help but enjoy himself, surrounded by 2 ladies, one a city destroyer, the other clearly a blood-sucking murder witch, but that just made her more attractive. "Actually, it looks more fast-forward than rewound, hence the ruins, madame." The demon noted before turning his attention back to the girl, who seemed to have teleported back to the top of the ruined clock tower, dozens of feet above them with her voice still reaching them clearly.

"Oh, I was just passing through when I saw the show. Quite impressive actually! Have you ever considered joining the circus?"

Blink

From the shadow of the clock tower Nashya's manifested creature watched, apparently invisible to the party that had arrived. From what she could gather there was a dark elf, a skeletal figure and then the girl with the clock for an eye. All of them strange to her in some way or another, but each also uniquely fascinating.

Meanwhile, Nashya's figure stood still off the road a bit of distance away. Her normal pastel crimson eyes substituted for white pupils, the same as the creature she had sent on ahead. Raising a covered hand she snapped her fingertips causing the manifestation to fade away in the shadow it was hiding in. But in it's place Nashya now stood, her black cloak and hair making her almost invisible if not for the porcelain skin on her face, just barely visible beyond the hood of the cloak.

Her eyes were once more crimson, no longer channeling the vision of the creature she had used to gather information. Saying no words she stood silently watching them all. Atop the clock tower who's shadow she used to summon herself there was the odd girl with an eye Nashya had never seen before. What she could gather was every being present aside from herself had quite the personality. They were all so calm and almost comical about whatever had just happened while Nashya stood silent and emotionless before them.

ValamLym

Eyes darting to the top of the ruined clock tower and back, Keyleth felt that she would garner little useful information from this girl, it seemed that she had combined crazy with arrogant, a combination that would no doubt cost her life at one point. Shrugging, she turned to the skeleton, the only one who seemed somewhat decent in his head. ''Fast forward, rewind.. whatever.'' she simply stated, rolling her eyes at his comments, before she had even formulated a remark the girl spoke again, ''You do not need to know more of me then my appearance already tells you.'' she simply stated, picking at her fang with her pink finger.

her senses quickly picked up another arrival, causing her attention to shift to it. Keen elven eyes discerned a woman wearing a hooded cloak. ''If you're trying to win freak of the year you'll need to try harder.'' she simply exclaimed, beckoning the woman over before shifting her attention again. ''So, lets start with the facts. Where did you get control over time and how.'' her eyes turned upward, she didn't expect much if anything at all, this girl seemed hardly able of proper communication let alone the sharing of information.

Codex

Cyn would simply let out an unsettling laugh, before spinning around with her arms outstretched on the clock tower. "The world is my circus!" She laughed, before with another flash, she was gone. Now she reappeared closer, standing on a tree branch not far from the two people. However, her senses picked up a new being. It was dark... Just like these two... This was just brilliant. Soon another shape formed next to the clock tower, and Cyn eyed it carefully. Interesting.

"Right! A sarcastic elven witch. Not like there aren't tons of those out there or anything!" She laughed again, before teleporting right in front of the skeleton. She stood on her tiptoes for a moment, eyeing him carefully, before taking a hand and knocking his head twice. "Huh. Demonic. Mr. Skeleton isn't a nice skeleton is he?" She said playfully, already knowing the answer. Her golden clock eye would spin at a fast speed as she turned to the elf. "Oh. Well, you see. I was just sleeping one day when a tiny little insect bit me! And boom! Now I'm magic!" She told her with a sarcastic tone. Cyn figured she didn't owe this witch any information. Who was she to question her confusing powers? She appeared behind the witch and giggled. "Oh, but I know who you are..." She said in a darker tone, her clock eye spun faster. "Ooo, what was it? K... Ke- Keyleth! Haha! You're not from here, are you?" She questioned staring at nothing with wide eyes. In truth Cyn was actually looking into the past of these folks. A perk of having time magic. "Hehehe. Fun!" Finally, she turned to the mysterious hooded figure. "I can read you all like open books! Hehehe! Ain't that right, Nashya?" She laughed.

She poofed once more, before she was sitting right underneath the clock with her legs crossed over each other, looking down at the trio. "My friends! My name is Cyn!"

Salzem

Demagogue's glowing orbs flicked back to behind him as another girl crept out from the shadows, as blankfaced and emotionally blank as she pleased. She was short, though most everyone was short compared to him, with long-ish black hair, pale skin and red eyes as well as covered in a grey cloak. Well, well... This little girlie was attracting all sorts of interesting people isn't she? Demagogue should have brought some wine or something because this had become a party! Demagogue only snickered at her remark about the world, reaching a telekinetic hand toward her once again to rip her from the spot where she sat on the tower, but she was gone before his powers could get a good grip, reappearing atop a small treebranch near the rest of them. The skeleton's eyes faded to black as the girl appeared right in front of him, reaching her hands up to touch his face. Her hands would pass right through his skull before she commented how he was demonic, how "mr. skeleton" wasn't a "nice skeleton." Demagogue smirked sarcastically at that comment, as if that was the biggest understatement of her life.

"Ooooh.... that hurt, girly... right in the heart I don't have." Demagogue clutched at his ribs as if he were having a heart attack. Demagogue only watched on in silence from there as the girl spoke the name of the beautiful dark witch-elf-thing that had joined second, not even needing to ask a name. The same was done for the shorter girlie, the one with the red eyes. Nashya and Keyleth... Unique names, much like his own... Demagogue had to wonder what kind of fortune it was to be constantly surrounded by beautiful women such as this and that maybe that life was deciding to pull a hand for him. Maybe it was that he was being a cretin and that this wasn't lucky at all. He watched as the girl teleported back under the clock-tower at it's base, announcing herself as Cyn. ...Like Sin...? Sounds like a demonic name to him. Then again, demons were seldom this chaotic... and never had he met one with this kind of magical powers.

"Is that name referencing something?" Demagogue asked as a small rock broke off of the top of the tower, plummeting down and falling on her head. This particular stone may or may not have been instigated by Demagogue's telekinesis, and if so, he may or may not purposely trying to poke a the girl's patience. In an instant, Demagogue teleported beside the girl, crosslegged and smiling down at her in a way a father might. "I'm friends with you... and so soon! Wow! Before I even knew it myself!" Demagogue motioned for the others to join him with a hand-gesture. "Come! Come! Let us be friends with this time-wizard-thing!"

Blink

There was no reaction from Nashya at the elf woman's remark of 'freak of the year award'. She continued to simply stand emotionless staring at those around. Even as the clock-eyed girl dissipated and reappeared from a few different places Nashya did not turn her head, but simply followed her with her eyes. It wasn't until the girl mentioned her by name that a flicker of a reaction crossed her face. But even then it was no more than a quick shot of surprise than anything before her expression returned to its dormant state.

Reluctantly Nashya lifted a hand to pull back the hood that covered her head and cast a shadow over her face. Nodding at the skeleton with his offer of a 'friendship' with the time jumping girl Nashya stepped out of the shadow of the tower and made her way towards the group. Finding herself more comfortable next to the elven woman than the crazy skeleton man she placed herself a few feet from her instead. With crimson eyes locked on the silly girl Nashya did not speak as the others continued to communicate with one another.

ValamLym

''I'm the first sarcastic witch you've met, not to mention I am almost confident the only one of my kind. We aren't exactly common.''

The biggest reaction the girl got out of Keyleth when she mentioned her name, was the simple rolling of eyeballs, if she thought she had surprised her she had been direly mistaken. Not only had Keyleth already concluded the girl was using time magic, she also knew that she had placed magical seals on her mind that no-one could break unnoticed. As such, the puzzle was simple. Not to mention that she had already spend two centuries looking for all kinds of forbidden magic, this type of stuff hardly surprises you afterwards.

''Friends? do not kid yourself.'' she simply stated, her eyes tracking the girls every move. She wasn't particularly interested in befriending anyone, but these three fools could serve as means to further her own agenda. ''But I suppose you can have your uses.'' she shrugged, clearly not particularly intimidated by any of them. Finally, she turned her attention toward Demagogue again, figuring that he was the only one with some form of brain activity, ironically when posing as a walking corpse. ''So, what brings a demon here, beside the circus?''

Codex

"Really? That seems hard to believe." She chuckled at Keyleth's comment. She stared up at the skeleton as he came and sat next to her, Cyn having a look of content masking her face. However, the elf's comment caught her attention again. "Uses? HA!" She laughed, standing up again. "You don't know the half of it! My skills are very useful! Perhaps yours are too! Otherwise I wouldn't have drawn you out!" Cyn giggled, referencing the fact she had caused that disturbance on purpose just so people who had dark interests would show themselves. Finally, Cyn stood back up and walked around.

"You see, I have a plan! And plans usually have various steps to them. I can't complete all these steps myself however, and I am looking for people such as yourselves to lend me a hand!" She giggled again, turning to Nashya. "Or two, but whatever. I'll just tell you all that my endgame will beneficial for all parties involved!" She said, before turning over to the demon with a dark grin. As the sun sank lower, darkness would creep over the clock tower, and Cyn's ominous clock eye would cast an eerie yellow glow as it continued to spin.

"How far would you be willing to go to change the world?"

Salzem

The skeleton remained seated as the girl beside him, A girl named "Cyn", got up and began telling the group of her plan, a plan so grand, so... apparently devious that she couldn't do it all herself. She needed help, help that could only be as twisted and as she is. Cyn spoke of this, claiming that the destruction of the town as merely a lure for people not unlike herself, a way to attract the people she desired to this location. It seemed she was far smarter than she appeared and more reasonable than she sounded. Still, the power she possessed over time made Demagogue wonder how long it would take for her to use it again, this time on her allies rather than her enemies. She doesn't seem the type to remain leveled for long and the moment she lost herself... it would be a more of a threat to the skeleton's plans than he ever directly been responsible for. He stared up at the girl silently as she turned back to him, peering down at him ominously with her glowing yellow clock-eye. The demon's sockets squinted slightly as the lights within gazed back up at her demented face, a neutral, almost blank smile shaped into his cut teeth. She asked her question as if she knew exactly what he was thinking, which she likely did. Once one knew exactly what they were looking for, one could see the ultimate plan hiding in the background. Her inquiry was an easy one to answer, but he wouldn't let her know that. Demagogue had his own secrets to keep after all, and if the girl really could peer into the past with that little golden eye of hers, then she would know what happened to those that spilled Demagogue's secrets. She would know the skeleton could rip her in half with a stray thought or a flick of his finger, the subtle and silent warning in his eyes reminding her of such.

"A better question..." The demon responded, immediately after the girl ended her question. "...Is how far are you willing to go...?" The skeleton shrugged lightly, his bony shoulders rolling in their sockets. "Clearly, this is a job application for us... amicable and harmonious individuals. Would it not be proper for you to state your terms before we state ours...?"

Blink

Realizing the elf woman was not near as endearing as she first thought Nashya took a sly step away from her. She listened as the woman inquired of the demon's purpose for showing up. Her question seemed to go unanswered.... So instead she turned her attention to the one called 'Cyn'. The girl had by now sat down and then stood up again as she seemed to be stirred by the elf's remark. Cyn then went on about a masterful plan in which she needed their help and offered benefit to those involved. Nashya only half squinted at Cyn's remark of 'two'. The comment alone assuring her that the girl had indeed looked into her past.

It was when the demon began to speak further that Nasyha's interest was truly peaked. He truly had a point, what were her terms? Or better yet Nashya now had to begin to ask herself what her own would be. Obviously, she had already gathered that following this girl around would surely benefit in the consumption of fear, she was scary but in a crazy sort of way. Taking in a deep breath Nashya then realized there was one more person whom needed to be asked before she decided to follow this girl on her endeavor.

It would be very inconvenient if Nashya's other side decided she herself did not agree with Cyn's plans. Her other side and herself hardly ever agreed on anything, but an offer at changing the world was almost too good to pass up.

ValamLym

Having been ignored by the skeleton Keyleth took on a much more hostile stance, arms crossed and eyes narrowed into a gaze that had the potential to kill. Arrogant cur.. she thought as the girl spoke as if she had already won a war. Perhaps the time magic had given her a false sense of security, something Keyleth could easily exploit later should the need arise.

She then noted the woman beside her taking a step back, to which she only responded with a risen brow, she truly began to think she wasn't surrounded by dangerous criminals but scared cats. Did none of these folks have any self respect? Not to mention that so far nothing really convinced her to join the girl. ''If you think hiring a mage of my caliber comes cheap then you're mistaken.'' she tapped her nose ''Make. It. Worth. My. While.'' she spoke the words with pauses and exaggeration hoping that the message would finally come across. Her gaze met the clockwork girl's eye and still remained unimpressed, Keyleth was many things; but scared wasn't one of them.

''Or did you think your little display of power would convince us to bend the knee and beg you to take us under your wings?'' her words were so riddled with sarcasm that even the greatest oaf would detect it. Clearly growing somewhat agitated by the constant circle jerk that this conversation was becoming ''I do not care for the fate of this pathetic chunk of rock nor do I care about the ones that live on it, so that's not enough of a motivator for me to offer my services.''

Codex

As if Cyn was incapable of feeling any sense of doubt or anger, (which based on her reactions so far could be completely possible.) She simply took the annoyed Elf's response with a grain of salt and giggled a bit more. Well, at least they didn't show blind loyalty. Cyn had expected this. In fact, she would've been concerned if any of them chose to accept her offer right off the bat. To answer the Skeleton's question, Cyn would respond: "My, I would do just about anything to achieve my goals." She giggled. "And you seem to misunderstand, you think I'd expect you to listen to me? HA! No, that display of power wasn't meant to convince you of anything. It was simply a piece of bait which to gobbled up greedily. Instead of telling you, why don't I show all of you?" She smiled, as the clock eye began to speed up extremely fast. With a flash of yellow light, Cyn would appear behind Keyleth and gently stroke her cheek before doing the same to the other two.

"Witness your rewards." She smiled, before suddenly, she poofed away! The area would be quiet for a few moments, before each of the three would feel the spell take place. It would always cause different reactions to each being, which oddly enough Cyn could never predict. However there was common trait. They would all feel the spell take place. Soon, each of them would find the world around them begin to slip away. The trees, the clock tower, would all fade into the distance and into darkness. Now they would be divided. The demon, the Elf, and the girl would each find themselves in a blank void of nothingness. Until finally a light appeared in the distance. It was faint, but bright enough to see. Had any of them chosen to walk towards it, they'd soon find themselves walking towards a large clock... It ticked in front of their eyes before suddenly shifting forwards with such speed! It move so fast that mortal eyes could barely keep track of the hand as it caused the wind around the black void to whip around until finally it stopped! With one large bell ring, color would explode from the edges of the item and completely engulf their surroundings until it formed a location... It was always different for each person, but the premise was the same. A significant event from their past would be shown before their very eyes. It was usually something the person the spell was effecting wanted to change. If they had any regrets, the spell would show them those regrets. If not, then the spell would simply move even farther backwards...

Until finally, all three would wake up as if they had been in a deep sleep on the wet grass. They'd been outside, but not in the same location. No, everything around them would have been completely different? Or was it. If they decided to turn they'd notice the same clock tower... Covered in moss... Ticking silently as it overlooked a massive cliff. No signs of any civilization in sight. No roads, paths, towns, nothing. Simply a dense forest which faded into multiple rivers and one could even see the Kilanthro mountains in the distance. The sun was setting, and creating a beautiful calming glow.

Cyn herself would be sitting at the edge of the cliff, swaying her legs in the air as a soft tune hummed in her mouth. She'd then turn to each of them and speak again. "Do you understand now? This is the chance I offer you. The world itself served on a blank canvas for you to do anything you want with it. The power to change the entire course of history as you see fit." She'd give off a devilish grin to the demon. "This is how far back I'd go." Suddenly, the image vanished! Their surroundings slipped away within an instant as the sky swirled into the void and flashes of each user's past would appear over a period of 5 seconds before each found themselves lying on the ground back in the present...

Cyn would be leaning against the clocktower... Although she didn't seem like she was before. She was sitting with her hair let down over her face, completely obscuring both of her eyes. staring at the ground. Breathing heavily as both her flintlock pistol and musket rifle lied still in her hands. A ominous grin on her face. "I ask you again..." She swallowed a lump in her throat. Before slowly turning upwards to reveal her crooked grin and the flash of her golden eye. A look of insanity on her expression. "How far would you be willing to go back and alter your past?"

Salzem

Demagogue's sockets faded to black in surprise as the girl's eye-clock's hands began to turn rapidly, the world began to fade away into blackness, only a tiny star of light off in the distance. The skeleton glanced around the void, smiling curiously as he slowly walked in the direction of the light, his boots *clacking* and echoing off some invisible floor.

"Damn girl..." The demon laughed quietly to himself as he walked. "If she was this powerful... I would have killed her already..." He was truly impressed that she was able to do something like this and so quickly too... He didn't even have a chance to teleport away before he found himself in this void... if the attempted it know, Gods knows where he'll end up. Might even be in a place worse than this. Nevertheless, after a minute or so of walking toward the light, the demon soon found himself not in the blackness of a void, but standing on thin air (without using his telekinesis mind you) in front of a MASSIVE clock. By massive, Demagogue's 7 foot form wouldn't even make the small tip of the hour-hand in height. He stared up at the huge time-teller in sheer aw, letting out a whisper of amazement before suddenly, the hands began to spin rapidly around the face, causing the demon to jump in surprise. He crossed his arms in front of his face as the wall of clock rushed him down at blinding speeds, preparing for the physical/magical impact....

When he opened his eyes, The demon was no longer about to get run over by a clock, but now he was standing before... himself...? And an angel... in the Sionad Tundra, a small child wrapped in a cloak clutching at the skeleton's chest. The demon held the small child close and Demagoge's eyes widened in horror as he watched a dreadfully familiar scene... This child... it belonged to his first wife... to him... It was his first experience at love, something he was just now learning what it meant... And then the child was gone, disappeared from the other Demagogue's arms. The demon stared at the space where his child had been his smile dropped in horror as he saw the angel holding the baby, HIS baby in one hand, balancing it's giggling form in it's massive palm. Immediately Demagogue reached out a hand to pull the baby to him, but there was nothing to grab... He threw a boney fist at the angel's neutral, arrogant face, but it simply passed through as if it were nothing but air. The demon shook his head in denial as the baby lit up in holy flames, both he and his copy falling to his knees as the screams of a child being burned alive echoed across the illusion. His sockets were dead empty as the angel teleported away, leaving a tattered rag and unholy ash upon the ground at the demon's feet. With shaking hands, the demon attempted to scoop up the remains of his baby, to hold it (or what remained of it) but his fingers only passed through, meanwhile his double just stared into the distance in shock.

"No... MOVE YOU IDIOT!" Demagogue roared at his clone, but that too had as little effect on his double's actions as his presence. A mighty wind blasted across the snow, taking his child's ashes with it... leaving the broken skeleton-illusion there alone while the real one simply held his face in his hands, tears flowing down his boney face from within his sockets. And suddenly... he was no longer there... He was kneeling near the edge of a cliff in front of that large clock-tower from the center of town, though the rest of said town was nowhere to be seen. Both the elf and the girl were here as well, recovering from their own hells as the demon got to his feet his face twisted in the most perfect combination of BARELY restrained rage and a wrathful smile. Suddenly, the entirety of the immediately nearby forest, trees, leaves, dirt, all flattened to splinters all around the demon, (besides his compatriots and the girl of course), as if a massive invisible foot had crushed them like ants. then, from the rubble, a small, sharp splinter of wood rose, flying its way over to the skeleton before landing in between his forefinger and thumb, with restrained force, the demon picked his teeth with the wood as the clock-eyed girl smiled down on them from the base of her tower, asking again how far they would go. The skeleton simply smiled and flicked the tooth-pick away, staring up at her with his blank, empty sockets.

"Far enough." He responded.

Blink

Nashya watched as the other woman prompted Cyn to give her motivation to offer her own services. After that Cyn had said something... but Nashya was too surprised by what happened next to remember. Before her very eyes Nashya watched as darkness crept in around her, an all too familiar feeling from her past. Before she knew it she was standing in nothing but darkness with a faint light in the distance. Stunned by what she was seeing she hesitantly walked towards it reaching out with her hand for it.

She found herself reaching out to the large clock that now stood before her, hands turning forwards at an alarming rate. It spun with such speed in fact that her cloak whipped behind her as well as the long locks of black hair upon her head. Many images and flashes from her past appeared before her, but none really standing out as more significant than the other. Of course Nashya endured a few hellish years before summoning a very kind woman to save her mind, but nothing she would change. Her parents died, all mortals do eventually. She killed people she did not want to, but it led her to seek out help from many sources. Her mind was practically split into two personalities, but at least the voices were gone.

Then in a flash it seemed it was all placed in fast forwards as the world contorted around her. Sitting up in the wet grass she braced her body on her palms as she looked from side to side at the others dragged in and then to her surroundings. All around her was an untouched world by mortal beings, aside from the tall standing clock tower covered in earth. From a cliff she could hear the soft hums of Cyn which caused Nashya to once again turn her head. Cyn went on about her offer, a tempting one in deed. Then once again Nashya was sent into a whirlwind once more before finding herself back at the scene where it all began.

She need not even look at Cyn as she spoke once more about altering the past. Perhaps Nashya did not want to alter her own memories, but the idea of rewriting a different world was a splendid offer. Lifting a hand she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear revealing her eyes even more so than before. Then in a flash of an instant Nashya pulled a shadow caused by the setting sun and appeared beside Cyn. Reflecting a glare almost as crazy as the time warping girl Nashya spoke for the first time since arriving at the scene. "I'm in."

ValamLym

Without being given much of a chance to comment on the girls eye, Keyleth soon find herself caught within a vast and endless void, her monotone eyes gazing around as she attempted to discern what had happened, she figured it was a rift of some sort, or a temporal loop, either way it didn't take a genius to realize the kid had used her powers again, when a light presented itself in the distance, she contemplated her move for a moment before deciding it was without a doubt the only way forward. Soon, she found herself stood before a massive clock, somewhat astonished by the clock fetish the girl had she suppressed a giggle, before realizing the clock sped up, her eyes tracking the legs for as long as she could before even elven eyes failed to keep up.

A flash engulfed her and she found herself staring down at an arena. Realizing this was where she had battled the other children she looked down with a satisfied smirk. Keyleth was raised to feel no regret or remorse, what happened in the past made her who she is and she was powerful. As such, the past has treated her well by her peoples logic. She quietly watched as she saw her much younger self defeat all the other girls with relative ease, her skills at martial combat already vast back then. She pondered why the girl would want to show her this but quickly deduced that it was no doubt meant to show her the extend of the girls powers. 

Seconds later, she found herself in the grass, sitting upright just in time to watch the skeleton throw its tantrum, shattering a forest into splinters. Her eyes turned to him, a sarcastic smile on her lips ''Looks like you must've been shown fond memories as well.'' she then turned her attention to the kid again, furrowing a brow, before she could do or say more however the images fell apart again, causing her to wake up yet again.

She felt somewhat surprised by how easily swayed the other two were by a bit of a promise, altering the past, what would that achieve? what would she gain? not to mention what is it that convinced them that this girl could even do all this? A show of force on three people is not as broad as an entire planet. Then again, perhaps their minds were much more feeble then her own, or perhaps it was just her natural caution telling her not to be brash for once. Fixating her gaze on the girl, whom's lunatic gaze did little to her but cause a smirk in return.

Finally she broke the stare, walking over to the demon '' I thought demons were supposed to be hard to sway?'' she shook her head and walked over to the woman ''And you? did your parents not love you or something and do you want to change that? what's your catch?'' she took a few steps back before turning again. ''I see no benefit in altering the past when the past made me who I am, an dark elf witch, a Fleshcrafter, powerful.'' she paused ''I see no point in changing that.'' she then extended her index finger and pointed it at Cyn ''You'll need more substantial proof if you want to recruit someone like me.. So I ask again, make. it. worth. my. while.'' she said each word with increased emphasis and pause, staring the girl down.

''Don't get me wrong, world destruction is cute and all that.. but I'm only interested in power.''