Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Exploration and Adventure in the Dying Forest

Started by Lupinarius, November 30, 2016, 11:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this layout is what is described for the surroundings of Zantaric Village?

Yes, It's Perfect!
0 (0%)
Yes, but not everything is right.
0 (0%)
Maybe
0 (0%)
No, but some things look right.
1 (100%)
Not Even Close!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: December 30, 2016, 11:26:01 PM

Lupinarius

Hello all, I have just created a character in Zantaric and would be interested in putting together a new plot in the area. I like the idea of exploring the dying forest surrounding the village since I almost had a vision of the place from reading the description.

The image here is a concept map of the known landmarks in the area along with a few passes and a graveyard I envisioned, all located in a fashion that makes the most sense to me. I would like feedback both about the map and about the best way to start this little outing. I considered just posting an open thread on the Zantaric area and diving in, but this is my first RP here, and my first character on SotE and I like at least a basic lay of the land before starting anything social. Message me if you want to get started on an adventure, if you have feedback, or just to let me know if I'm doing this wrong! Thanks.

Whim

Great map! I don't know much about Zantaric as i've never played there, but I wouldn't get too hung up around specific landmarks. I'm sure most SotE threads have details that contradict one-another, especially regarding stuff that isn't set in the cannon. But if you have a lot of thread ideas for Zantaric I'm sure it will be handy!

As far as an adventure goes you should think about what you want to get out of the thread.

Open threads can be fun if want something light or want to get a feel for a new character. However, I've found they tend to burn out if you don't have a clear destination or plot in mind. Also, the more PCs you involve in a thread the more likely it is to fizzle as life pulls people away.

I'd be happy to throw my characters Kai or Narlis into the mix. Maybe Kai is looking for a plant to reverse his condition, or maybe Narlis is looking to plunder that graveyard you have marked down, or maybe they're just lost?
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

Lupinarius

Thanks for the response and for the advice!

Quote from: Whim on December 01, 2016, 10:14:39 PM
I'm sure most SotE threads have details that contradict one-another, especially regarding stuff that isn't set in the cannon. But if you have a lot of thread ideas for Zantaric I'm sure it will be handy!

As far as an adventure goes you should think about what you want to get out of the thread.

I have too many plot ideas for Zantaric running around in my skull, I think. I'll start narrowing my focus as pertains to plot and endgame, and I'll let people know once I have a more focused concept.

Quote from: Whim on December 01, 2016, 10:14:39 PM
I'd be happy to throw my characters Kai or Narlis into the mix. Maybe Kai is looking for a plant to reverse his condition, or maybe Narlis is looking to plunder that graveyard you have marked down, or maybe they're just lost?

I like your Ideas for those characters, and I think either one could work well once I have a more refined idea to work with.