Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Urchins (CyclicalCycal)

Started by Whim, December 02, 2016, 11:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whim

The boy smiled at her remark but bit his tongue, "No. He wants you to wipe the dust and dirt off things. Things in old houses get covered in it.

"But he's going to be cross if you don't get dressed." Since when did he care so much about getting in trouble? It was a discomforting thought, "I mean... I didn't want to nag you I just... didn't want you to get hurt or nothing."

In the distance they heard the claw of hooves on floorboards. Thistle was coming. "Oy! I told you to hurry. What's taking you little mites so long?"
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

CyclicalCycal

"I don't care. Demons are an unnatural aff-afro...afrrun...bad thing!" Cara got out, clearly mimicking something that someone else had said to her once. "And dust isn't a bad thing. It just shows something hasn't been used for a while." She continued.

Cara was adamant, simply remaining still. She would not be scared by the creature, she would not fear him. Demons were horrible, and evil, and against everything she had grown up around. And this was why she was acting as she was, remaining silent as she waited for Thistle to arrive.

Whim

"You gotta be patient and do what he says until-" the boy froze as the small, point eared figure appeared in the doorway.

"Until what? The Mistress gives you this lovely home, fine clothes, and a place at her table and you can't even be bothered to dress? Hrmph! You'll not be allowed out in the garden if you keep this up girl." The little imp twirled his fingers and the door to Cara's dress slid open. Various of articles of clothing slithered into the air, surrounding her and floating expectantly.

"Look! She'll dress herself. She just, uh, doesn't know-"

"She has a tongue and a brain hasn't she? I'll give you one last chance, deary." Thistle gave Cara a toothy smile.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie

CyclicalCycal

"Your clothing is stupid and I don't want to. In fact, I don't want to be here-so let me go!" She yelled out again, shooting Thistle a glare of true and utter hatred.

She waited, then. She had nothing more to say, glaring at the demon with all the anger she could muster. Sooner or later, she'd be out of here, and she'd kill the demon and she would be free. Until then, Cara had no real chance of cooperating. At least, not on most requests.

Whim

"Doing this the hard way, eh? So be it!" the imp lazily waved his hands, almost like an orchestra conductor, and the the animated clothing lunged at Cara. They had surprising strength for disembodied garments. A a scarf tugged her rudely behind the changing screen; gloves tugged at her overcot and a lacy green dress came down over her head in an effort to blind and disorient the girl...

Truly horrifying!

"Hey!" Ewan snapped. The boy wished he could turn himself into a tiger, or swarm the imp with bees, or something! But he could not. Settling for the next best thing he kicked the imp squarely in the stomach. The imp recoiled in pain, seething.

"Hnh! If you won't behave, girl, I'll be takin' it out on your friend!" Thistle spoke an arcane phrase. An unseen force sent Ewan flying into the wall with a scream as motes of light swirled about the boy, changing him....

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

CyclicalCycal

"NO!" Cara screamed and struggled and raged and failed. She pulled at the clothing, going to rip and tear it so that it'd be unusable. She fought with the fury of a wolf-

-a wolf pup, that is. Angry, but with no true effect.

However, Cara would not bend. Not for now, at least. She continued screaming, and raging, and cursing in a language neither of the two could understand. "L YUBH GQX! UCM! WZGH BCTOMTV! CYB PM IR!" So it seemed, she either didn't care about Ewan, or didn't think he'd suffer any truly dark fate.

Whim

Perhaps it was simply good craftsmanship, or the imp's magic held holding it all in place, but Cara found herself dressed in a matter of seconds. A satin bow cinched about her waist as a final touch.

"St-stop!" the boy felt a tickle as his thick hair bristled up from his skin, covering his whole body. He sneared in disgust, "Ch-change me back!" Ewan had changed into animals before... useful things like birds or tigers... but he was sure the imp had something much worse in mind!

"Keep misbehavin' and he'll be one of the Mistresses pets, yeah?" Thistle crossed his arms in satisfaction.

Ewan meanwhile gave Cara a sullen look. It was an awful position to put her in... though he didn't want to be devoured or left a freak all the same.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

CyclicalCycal

Cara blinked, staring down at the dress. She glared at it. She hated it. Then again, she hated a lot of things around her at this point in time.

She paused, for a moment, clenching her fists.

Then, she did something one would regard as foolish. Suicidal, even. But Cara was angry and she was vicious. She stepped forwards, with a grand intent, for a moment. Then, she stepped forwards again, before rushing over towards Thistle and going to pounce on the fiend. "XJYTHAU, XXFG, IZGDB!"

Whim

The little imp locked arms with Cara and the pair struggled. The little daemon was deceptively strong, but the girl certainly had size and torque in her favor. Thistle's strength was beginning to waver. The littl imp began to rattle off a rhyming verse... and once more Cara felt her clothes begin to ruffle and tighten. The dress began to strain against her, trying to drag her backwards with surprising force.

Ewan scurried forward to help but found his own garments betrayed him. "Nggh! Stop baiting her and she'll behave for you! We'll go to breakfast!"

The imp snarled, "Every object and every servant in this house... does... what... I... say!"

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

CyclicalCycal

"DEMON, HELLSPAWN, VILE...THING!" Cara screeched, and without warning, went to attempt to fling Thistle at the wall. Her rage was palpable, her hate hung in the air like a vicious thing lashing out at everything around her.

Cara seemed to disregard Thistle, and his threat and the clothing itself fighting against her. "Let me go, let me go, die, die, die, die!"

Whim

"Hell? Pfah! I am a member in good standing of the Winter Court! A dear cousin to your little pixie friends. Someone's got to see dead leaves and old bones made into dirt, mm? You pretty elves have no appreciation for such things.

"And I can wait all morning if you'll not behave. But the Lady will be disappointed..." Arms folded the unseelie imp simply watched as the girl trashed about. It was clear, judging by gritted teeth, he was growing impatient.

Ewan stood with a scowl, unhappy about being so hairy, and even less so for the girl. It was only a matter of time before she got hurt and he wanted to make her understand. Even if the imp dare not hurt them the daemon clearly had other tricks which would surely be awful...

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

CyclicalCycal

Cara seethed, continuing her raging and lashing out. In truth, though, Cara was unable to continue for ages, eventually settling into a low and vile hiss, breathing in and out in a slow and careful manner.  Her anger was present, filling the room and burning inside of her body. Of course, it was now even more worthless than before, as she had no more energy left to do anything with it.

"L-let...me...go...or you will...regret it. You'll be made...into a penitent..." She threatened, as if that was enough to sway him.

Whim

The animate garments did not yield. In fact, they began to clumsily frog-walk Cara toward the door. The imp simply snorted at her threat, "Of course, of course, of course. But you are looking tired, yeah? Why don't you just just say 'I'm sorry Mister Thistle. I will take breakfast with the Mistress' and I'll let you go."

The imp motioned for them to follow. Ewan tip-toed silently after him while the ever-resistant Cara was made to trudge after them at a snail's pace...

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

CyclicalCycal

"You...are lying. You are lying." She repeated, her rage and hate going from a roaring and mighty flame to a dim flicker. Cara walked, and kept walking. It was not of her own volition, fighting as weakly as she could. "You're a...bad person. You will..regret this." She mumbled, quietly and distantly. She wasn't entirely there, likely too tired to even fully process what was going on.

Whim

"Ssh..." Ewan gave Cara's hand a reassuring squeeze as they trailed after the imp. Of course, his palm's were coarse and hairy. He itched horribly under the shirt. The pair were marched down from the attic full of forgotten wonders, through the library, and into the dining hall. It was a vast room with high ceilings, checkered floors, posh drapes, with a chandelier carved of dragonbone. Even the morning sun couldn't stop it from being dreary.

"My sincerest and deepest and humbling apologies, mistress!" Thistle gave a sweeping bow as he ushered the tired children into the room.

Lady Selwin sat in a high-backed chair, clutching a cup of tea. There were two place settings beside her. The red witch looked regal in spite of her lazy morning attire, "Thistle. Why is one of my little darlings covered in hair?"

"He turned me into one! He made trouble with Cara and hexed me to... turn against her!" Ewan blurted out indignantly.

"Well if they insist on being so uncivilized, he may as well look like a little monkey to match, mm?" Thistle gave a toothy smile. Ewan gave Cara a panicked look. This wasn't going to end well for him.

Lady Selwin held up a hand and trained her gaze on Cara and beckoned her forward. The girl found the spell had faded from her clothing. She was free to move. "Now, now, don't fret. I'm certain Mister Thistle understands how frightening this must be. Those men were rough with you weren't they?

"Why don't you come sit and I'll change your friend back, mm?"

The ape-boy's mouth hung agape. Was this a trick?

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

CyclicalCycal

Cara stumbled into the dining hall, struggling and fighting all the while. "L-let me go! Gvgwq! Jgdjn! Awcrlu wcu!" She yelled out, at Thistle. Slowly, she turned her head to stare at the room. The dragonbone, and the drapes and even the checked floors were all strange to her. She took it all in, though it didn't stop her struggling, not until Selwin had acted.

Cara staggered forwards, after the spell vanished. She stared at Selwin, as she spoke, narrowing her eye. There was a fierceness and a wildness within her eye, though despite that, she wandered over towards Selwin. Carefully. There was fear and fierceness within her, like a cornered animal.

Whim

"Be nice. Please..." Ewan barely whispered as he toddled after Cara. As they neared Lady Selwin the sorceress gave a simple wave and a pair of high-back, embroidered chairs slid out on command. Ewan scrambled atop one and it crawled back beneath the table. Bread, an apple, and a cup of tea was set for the boy. His stomach 'was' growling.

"Its Ewan and Cara, yes? I am sorry those men frightened you. But now that you're mine I'll make sure you're treated with the utmost care," the red woman gave a smile but it was hardly warm. She was icy and regal. "I bought you both for your magic. I'll be borrowing it from you for some time. Surely you've heard stories of witches who keep cats and imps and dragons as their familiar beasts, yes? It will be just like that.

"I'll keep you fed and warm. You'll have the run of the house and garden, of course, though I will need you to do as Mister Thistle says sometimes. Can you do that?"

Ewan crossed his arms. "Ya know we could teach you the spells we know if you asked. We don't need to be slaves -- and can you change me back?"

"I don't see Cara with any magic books, do you, child? No. I'm afraid this is how it has to be." Lady Selwin fixed her gaze on Cara and beckoned her to sit. "Perhaps if you both apologized for the rucus I might turn Ewan back. Perhaps you'd like to tend my garden, Cara? The magic you've given me will make it bloom you know. And I'm certain suitable chores for the boy could be found..."

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

CyclicalCycal

Slowly, wearily, and most importantly, preapredly, Cara went to sit on the chair. It was odd, and opulent, and far better than any chair she had ever sat in before.

Suffice to say, like everything else in this place, she hated it.

Cara looked to Selwin, shooting her an evil eye. "..." She said nothing. Cara placed her hands upon the table, tapping it over and over again. She was nervous, or scheming, or angry. But, what was far more likely, it was all three. She glared and glared and glared as Selwin spoke, occasionally glancing to Ewan when he was mentioned, or when he spoke.

The girl paused, for a moment, as Selwin finished speaking, making her offer clear; and convincing. But...not convincing enough. However, instead of outright denying her, or yelling, or doing anything so overtly aggressive, Cara simply sat and said nothing at all.

Whim

"I understand you must be feeling frightened, Cara. I think some time in the garden after breakfast might lift your spirits. But how might we get you feeling better? Hm?" the red sorceress leaned forward, green eyes fixed on the quiet girl, trying to coax something from her.

"And you both may eat."

Ewan picked up the apple and took a noisy bite almost immediately. It had been over a day since he had a proper meal. Something in the very back of his mind thought better of doing it without his host's permission. Being a captive audience didn't put him much in the mood for conversation either.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

CyclicalCycal

As was her nature, Cara took a long pause before speaking once more. "Give me back my powers!" Her exclamation wasn't exactly riveting, nor convincing, but it'd have to do. Cara stared at her food, grumpily, at least for a moment. Then she shot her gaze back to Selwin, yelling at her accusingly. "You stole it! You gotta give me back my powers or you're gonna regret it

"Bfo'to jg d gyvlbgqk mwrv gqfook..." She mumbled, quietly and after the fact.