Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

* War's A-brewin'!

There is a civil war brewing in Connlaoth! Check out its info page here and its plotting page here!
The SotE video game is accepting crafting item submissions right here!

Also, we have a Discord chat server! Check it out. 8D

Author Topic: Urchins (CyclicalCycal)  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Whim

Re: Urchins (CyclicalCycal)
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2017, 03:01:30 PM »
"Um, things like smart, pretty, clever, fair, strong, magnificent, beautiful," Ewan cracked a smile and took a deep breath, "wise, fantastic, amazing... um, stuff that like that, yeah?"

The boy reached for the knob when the door swung was torn open. An enormous figure loomed in the doorway. It had hairy arms, slabs of muscle and fat, tusks jutting from its mouth, and a frilled patron. It was an ogre. "Hells be that racket?!" he bellows. His eyes scan the pair of children, settling on Cara with a squint of amusement. "You're the new whelps, eh? Hear yer trouble"

"Um..." the boy darted back, squeezing Cara's hand. "...yeah? We, uh, Thistle said to get lunch here a-and..."

"Names first, runt."
Ewan ap Rhys - Sorcerer and raggamuffin

Narlis Thordane - Proud and unrepentant scumlord.

Kai Wilding - Cursed Lordling

Maergath - Professor of somnomancy and angry, hateful wizard

Wylie Wyndham - Warlock and Connlaothian Noble

Offline CyclicalCycal

« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2017, 05:35:10 PM »
"Those are stupid compliments. We have good words like..." Cara paused. Then, she listed off a string of words in her strange, grating, harsh tongue. "Sicudt, xliothvv, olwqg, twuzx, dlwnhen, euivkwot, pwxlea..." However, she stopped as the door was flung open, blinking animatedly in surprise.

Cara stared at the ogre, in a mixture of surprise and awe. Then befuddlement crossed her face as she saw the fact that the ogre had frilled clothing. She winced as he spoke, grabbing at the tips of her ears in a pained gesture.

"...C-cara." She responded, shyly, thinking it better not to give her last name.

Offline Whim

« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2017, 07:04:17 PM »
The boy suppress a snicker at Cara's reply. It was always funny her talk like that; it sounded like she was playing at being some primordial giant.

"I'm Ewan," he squinted at the ogre. "Now what about you, um, big guy?"

"Bargush. I'm the Chef." the giant jerked a thumb into the kitchen and stood aside. The heat of the stove and scent of dried herbs, most of which were bunched and hung from the rafters, permeated the place. No sooner had the children stepped through the door than Bargush grabbed them each by the shirt, as if by the scruffs of their neck, and sat them atop a pair of enormous stools at the central island.  "My kitchen. Has been for ten years. You two don't take nothing unless I say. And you don't go there unless you're clean. Aye?" the ogre pointed a surprisingly well-manicured finger toward a rounded, swinging door in the corner.

He then proceeded to rummage for bread and cheese, setting a basket between the two. "Now what do you whelps say?"

Ewan scowled and gave the ogre an incredulous look. "Can we get some meat? Or fruit? Or something sweet?"

Offline CyclicalCycal

« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2017, 06:36:07 AM »
"I-I'm not a whelp!" Cara retorted, a frown appearing across her face. "Father says I'm gonna grow up and be the strongest! Th-that I'll be better than even him!" However, it took a mere moment before she had changed her attitude. She grinned. "M-meat's nice! Fruit, as well! Yes! Meat and fruit." She said, nodding.

She then scanned the kitchen, taking in every little detail. She peered about the room, strangely. Every time she focused on a bit of crockery, or a tool of cookery, or a station for cooking she seemed more and more bemused. Had she even seen anything like this before? Quite possibly not. Regardless, she stared with wide and befuddled eyes.

Offline Whim

« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2017, 01:07:17 AM »
The boy munched happily on his bread, ravenously hungry from the work. It seemed strange for an elf to eat meat. Then again Cara seemed the wild sort; probably liked blood and sacrifice too.

"Ye'll get a new name when that happens, lass." Bargush gave Cara's boasting a cock-eyed look and shook his head. The demands for better fare were, of course, outright ignored. "Lucky you're both downstairs now, eh? Not under that imp's eye so much. Ye'll get dirty but no need for them costumes. Bet they itch."

Tags: Cara Ewan