Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Here to Stay (Private)

Started by Blink, December 11, 2016, 06:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

Four years had passed since the day Lansiter and Nevayah's life would change forever. No it was not the day they found themselves as free people, or the day they moved into their new safe home hundreds of miles away from Essyrn. It was the day that these two who shared a love unlike anything before become parents of not one, but two beautiful children. Their horrific pasts were nothing but a distant memory clouded by the joy they now experienced every day as a family together.

It was mid afternoon when the sun was highest in the sky as Nevayah stood in the yard just in front of their little cottage. Standing barefoot in the grass on this warm late spring day she reached down to grab another one of Lanister's shirts to shake out and hang on the line to dry. A breeze whipped through the other clothes hanging out causing her shoulder length hair to whip behind her almost majestically. As the breeze blew it caused a sheet to flicker up and down, just beyond showing images of two children playing in the field not far off. Echo's of their giggles could be heard as they were carried by the wind past their mother's ears.

Taken aback by the sight Nevayah clipped the shirt on the line and then crossed her arms in front of her chest as she stood in awe watching her beautiful children play  in the distance. After a few moments she went back to hanging the last piece of laundry before picking up the woven basket in one hand and signaling at her children with the other. "Izayah! Emia! Come inside now!" Her voice was loud yet serene as she beckoned for her children to come inside to have a bight to eat. Turning around she walked towards the house and stepped inside knowing her children would be following her shortly. Inside the house smelt of apples and cinnamon as they cooked in the pot in front of the fireplace.

Their home had changed just a bit since having two children to accommodate to now. With Emlia's help Lanister and Nevayah were able to add a room to their house for their children which contained two small beds and an assortment of hand carved toys and crafts. They had also managed to turn their kitchen into something any herbalist would envy. Many more shelves were added to accommodate for not only the basic kitchen necessities, but for an array of herbs and instruments used to create tonics and medicines. Their house was still small, but homey and welcoming.

Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear Nevayah then began to work on a few orders she had to fill before the end of the day for her ever growing list of customers. Once Lanister came home she would set out to deliver them to the appropriate parties.

Standing atop the hillside with his sister Izayah heard his mothers call and smiled at her as she waved for them to come in. "Lets go Emia!" he giggled before rushing off into the house. Flinging open the door he was taken aback by the aroma of apples and cinnamon his mother no doubt had created. "Mommy I want some now" he said as he walked up to her grabbing at her shirt and tugging. "Not yet my dear, we must wait for daddy."

The way his mother smiled always seemed to put him at ease. Izayah had heard before that his mother used to not smile that much, but he did not believe it. She was the sweetest and kindest person in the world to him. "Will daddy be home soon?" he asked not caring that his mother was obviously in the middle of working. This time Nevayah simply turned to him giving him another smile and a nod before going back to whatever it was she was doing.

"I will wait for him then"

From there the small boy walked up to the door and then took about four steps back before plopping down to the floor. Sitting with his legs crossed and arms stretched to touch the floor he stared as if he could will him to come home faster. "I wish daddy could stay home with me all day every single day." his comment not really directed at anyone but more as a fact he wanted to be known. Of course being the child he was Izayah quickly grew bored of just staring at the door and pushed himself backwards so that he was now laying flat on the floor staring at the ceiling. "Mommy...." a soft 'hmm' could be heard from Nevayah as an answer to his saying her name. "It is past soon... where is daddy?" Nevayah simply chuckled at Izayah and continued with her work.

By now surely both children were inside and both Nevayah and Izayah assumed Emia was just in their bedroom playing around, her wild imagination ( wonder where she got that from ) could keep her entertained alone for hours on end... unlike Izayah.

"Mommy!"

A faint knock of one of the glasses Nevayah was working with could be heard as she not so gently placed it on the table. Izayah turned his head, still laying flat on the floor, towards her to see her shoulders had tensed a bit, almost like she was taking in a deep calming breath.

"Yes my dear"

Nevayah had turned in her chair to look at Izayah now.

"Its past soon.... you lied" Izayah's face was very matter of factly as if telling his mother she was wrong and he was right before he turned it back to looking at the ceiling.

"I love you Izayah...." was all his mother said as she turned back to the table to work.

"I love you to mommy... but you lied."

Salzem

Lanister had been working hard to provide for his new family since his children's conception 4 years ago... He'd been staying late to pull in some extra hours (and therefore pay), actually quite surprised what kind of people show up at his bar near the end of the day. Unlike in the morning where everyone their either wants to be drunk, have a good time, or both, the people that come and sit on his stools as the sun went down were much less... hospitable to say the least and empty their flagons, they did not. All they did was cradle their ale, refusing to make conversation, or even EYE contact, with anyone outside the mental barrier they threw up... He missed the day shift already... Nevertheless! Today was not one of those days! In fact, he was actually taken off his shift early by Boss personally, as she was hoping to do some renovations behind the counter, to change up the stock and such... Of course, Lanister didn't need to be told twice. It was mid afternoon and he couldn't wait to get home to his two beautiful little kids, and his one, sweet wife, Nevayah.

Emia and Izayah were messing around outside their house, playing their little games of tag or just running together to explore the lands. Emia always thought of her brother as the coolest person there was. He was so confident, so strong... She couldn't help but be the one following him around everywhere he went. As she looked up at him, standing atop a hill, surveying the land, the little girl smiled softly, just enjoying the fact that he was so happy. Even at only 4 years old, little Emia didn't have many selfish desires... Just seeing her brother run around and smile like he was... That was good enough for her... Still, that didn't stop her from running back home when mommy called her, knowing it was time for food... Once the two got home, Emia was immediately smacked with the smell cinnamon and the sweet juices of apples, cooking nicely by the fireplace. Emia's mouth was already watering as she stared at the pot with wide eyes... Apples....... Nevayah informed them both that they would need to wait for daddy to come home and Emia pouted just a bit, sitting over near the fireplace, her sanguine eyes flicking between the pot, to the door, to the pot again as she subtly listened to the dispute between her brother and her mother. She flinched just a bit as Izayah accused their mother of lying, that daddy was not home "soon" yet, that she had lied putting that idea in their heads.

"Daddy's coming home..." Emia said to her brother, smiling softly at him. "He's almost here..." And just as she said that, the door to the house swung open again, and in walked Lanister, a large smile on his face.

"DADDY!" Emia squealed as her father walked in, jumping up from her spot and running to him before he even had a chance to greet them. Laughing, Lanister scooped up the little girl in his arms, holding her to his chest as he tickled her sides viciously. She giggled and laughed so hard, one might have thought snot was about to dribble out of her nose. Still, Lanister ceased his assault on her sides and hugged her gently before pulling away just enough to see his little girl's sanguine eyes, ones that reflected his in many ways.

"Hey there, Emia..." He murmured, kissing her forehead before setting her back down. "You're getting so big! I might not be able to pick you up soon!" He winked at her knowingly before turning his gaze over to the other two parts of his family, noticing the obvious dark cloud hovering over Izayah's head. "Izayah! Its good to see you!" He declared, walking over and crouching down so that he was just about at eye-level with the little boy. He placed a hand on his son's head, ruffling his hair just a bit and giving him a warm smile before spontaneously pulling him into a hug, holding him softly for a moment before letting him go, should he desire. Finally, he would turn to his wife, working on her tonics, no doubt to fill out some of the requests she still had to work out.

"And hello to you, my sweet..." He whispered, his head resting softly on her shoulder from behind. If she allowed it, Lanister would kiss her softly, lovingly, before Emia tugged on his pant-leg, obviously trying to get his attention.

"Mommy's making apples and cimanon!" Emia declared, quite confident she had gotten the word right. Lanister snickered to himself, the adorable confidence of his daughter was just.... just great...

"Is that true, honey...? Are we having Apples and... ciminon?"

Blink

When Lanister opened the door Nevayah was alerted by her daughters scream. Smiling from her position, still working on ratio's for a herbal supplement to help with sleep she felt him rest his head on her shoulder. Turning her face towards him she accepted his kiss and just as softly kissed him back. When he pulled away she sent him a wink before turning back to her project.

Izayah was so happy that his father lowered himself to his level before playing with his hair and then pulling him into a hug. Of course the boy hugged his father back, the man he idolized and wanted to be just like when he was older. Standing up he to followed his sister to his father's side watching as his sister attempted to pronounce a word. He smiled knowing it did not quite sound right but by no means did he think he could have done any better.

His mothers voice was an echo from across the room at the table "Yes we are having apples and ciminon." she giggled as she tried to copy how her daughter pronounced the word. "Emia my sweet would you start getting bowls out for everyone" Nevayah was just finishing up placing the cork on top of a few bottles and taking the completed product to place it in her bag. "... and Izayah would you help your father feed the animals?" She had just tucked the last bottle in her bag before walking over to Emia and reaching to one of the higher shelves to pull down four bowls and setting them down within her reach.

Izayah was more than excited to be helping his father with anything. Rushing to the door he grabbed his knitted Jacket and pulled it on. He loved his jacket, made for him by his mother and given as a gift the same day she gave Emia a scarf. It was soft and stretchy, perhaps a bit big on him but he loved it nonetheless. He was practically jumping at the door waiting for his father to follow. As soon as Lanister would take even half a step in his direction he bolted out the door and ran towards the wooden buckets stacked on the side of the house. Picking one up, which was about half his size, he awkwardly carried it towards the shed were they kept the feed.

Perhaps it was because he was walking too fast with the awkward bucket, or simply because he was almost too like his mother but Izayah tripped and fumbled over the bucket causing him to land on the grass with a light thud. Sitting up he blinked in astonishment at what had just happened. Tears began to well in the corners of his eyes as he realized he had just fell and not only hurt just a little bit, but he did it all in front of his father. A few more moments of silence came from Izayah before a loud wail burst through his lips. If Lanister had not noticed by now that Izayah fell, he would surely know now. Looking through the tears Izayah noticed he had scuffed his knee and caused a small tear in his pants. Of course it was nothing more than a minor flesh wound, one that would stop bleeding on its own after only a few seconds but still... Izayah did not like it.

His wail turned into a scream as he leaned backwards from his sitting position on the ground to laying in the grass. "D-Daddy! M-Mommy!" the small boy coughed a bit between his cries getting all choked up over nothing. "I'm dying!"

From inside their home Nevayah heard Izayah's cries and very calmly walked over to the door before pushing it open just a smidge to peak out. Izayah was laying on the ground with the bucket a few feet away from him. Closing the door she smiled and looked at her beautiful daughter. "Looks like bubby fell again" she smiled trying to reassure her daughter everything was okay. "Lets hurry and finish getting the table set so that we can all eat before I have to go make some deliveries." Walking over to the pot Nevayah grabbed some thick woven mits and grabbed the handle. From there she carried it over to the table and placed it in the center taking off the lid. "Emia would you like to come with me today? There is no way I could possibly remember what everyone needs without you."

Of course Nevayah was more than capable of doing it all on her own, but she wanted Emia to come with her. Splitting herself evenly between two children was hard so she often tried to take them out every once in a while for some one on one time. "Maybe after we could go shopping to get you a bag just like mine so you can help me more." Nevayah could never say any of this in front of Izayah, as he would get jealous that his sister had something he did not, so now was the perfect time to bring it up to her precious child. Leaning down a bit so that Emia could hear her a bit she whispered another request. "Then maybe we can get daddy and bubby a present if you want."

Salzem

"'Kay Mommy." Emia beamed, as happy as she'd ever be helping her mother, the woman she looked up too most, the one she wanted to learn everything from. With a wide smile on her face, Emia began digging around the shelves for their four bowls, pulling out as many as her little hands could grasp before setting them on the table.

Meanwhile, Lanister and his son headed out to go feed their animals, the cows, chickens and horses, but not before shooting back another wink at his wife, silently scheduling something for later that night. Izayah was already out the door and gone around the corner by the time Lanister had gotten moving, causing the parent to shake his head and laugh at his child's enthusiasm. He loved how much the little guy looked up to him, how much he cared about how his father thought of him... It touched him deeply that his little boy had chosen him to be his role-model, that he wanted to impress him... Lanister was tempted to just scoop up his son in his arms and hug him right there, but, unfortunately, they had a job to do and all that had to wait until after late-lunch.

But it seemed that Izayah's over-eagerness to please caused him to take a fall. While trying to carry a full bucket of feed (too big for him empty) the boy fell over the bucket, landing face down in the grass. Not feeling a hint of humor at this scene, he ran over to his son as he started to cry, convinced he was dying right where he sat. The first thing Lanister did was wrap his arms around his son making soothing "shhh" sounds in an effort to quiet his bawling. He held the little boy for as long as it took for him to regain control of his breathing and only then would he pull away, smiling softly at his little boy before kissing him on the forehead.

"You're not dying, Izayah..." He murmured as he began checking the young boy for any bruises or cuts. Sure enough, there was a small cut right on his kneecap, his pants ripped open just a bit. "Oooh.... Ow..." Lanister remarked gently pressing the tender flesh around his scratch. His sanguine eyes rose to meet Izayah's again and he smiled in somewhat relief, glad he hadn't hurt himself any worse. "You're so brave..." He murmured, placing a hand on his cheek. "I don't know if I'd be able to hold myself together that well if I were you..." He sighed softly and hugged his son again. After a moment of this, he'd let go, beaming down at his brave little soldier before taking the toppled bucket in one hand, then grabbing another with his other.

"Say... how about I carry the buckets... and you feed the animals...?"

Meanwhile on the inside, Emia snickered quietly to herself as her mommy noted how her brother had fallen down again before urging her to finish setting the table so they could all eat. After a few minutes of getting everything just right, Nevayah asked her wondrous daughter if she wanted to go with her. Before the little girl could exclaim her extreme approval, Nevayah suggested that perhaps they could go shopping afterwords, get her a bag... just. like. mommy's... One could practically see the stars in Emia's eyes as she processed this information. And, if that wasn't bestest enough, Nevayah suggested that perhaps, if she wanted, she could get a gift for daddy and her bubby too....

"YES!" She exclaimed, wrapping her arms around her mother's waist, hugging her with as much force as her little arms could produce. "YES, YES, YES I'LL GO WITH YOU!" And then, at that moment, Lanister and little Izayah stepped inside, having finished their feedings.

"You make it sound so... exciting where you're going...." Lansiter smirked, having overheard Emia's excitement. "Maybe we should all go sometime." He laughed a little before his breath was taken away by the divine smell at the dinner table. Nevayah had really outdone herself with her cooking tonight... It had to be the best thing she's cooked so far and by the gods that was saying a WHOLE lot. Lanister then looked down at his son, patting him on the back lightly with a wide smile on his face. "Lets go get some dinner, huh?"

Blink

Izayah slowly calmed his breathing as his father embraced him. As his father pressed around his skidded knee the boy pulled it back a bit not liking anyone touching where it hurt. But when his father said if it were him who had gotten hurt he would not be able to take the pain like him Izayah beamed with pride. Taking in a deep breath he stood up and nodded as his father suggested he carry the buckets instead. "Yeah... cuz your big and strong and need to keep your muskles big. Mine are already too big" and from there he and his father worked side by side to feed the animals.

Nevayah was so happy to see that Emia was more than happy to accompany her to town. When Emia ran up to her and wrapped her arms around her waste Nevayah bent down and picked up her daughter. Holding her to her chest she gave her child a heartfelt kiss on the cheek before setting her down. The moment Lanister and Izayah walked into the door she signaled to Emia by placing a finger over her mouth and making a "Shhh" sound at her. She then turned her attention to Izayah and immediately saw the rip in his knees. "Oh my poor boy!"

Walking over to Izayah she immediately picked him up and set him on the edge of the table so that she could examine his knee further. Rolling his one pant leg up above his knee she looked over the wound with a concerned look on her face. To Nevayah even if this was a minor scratch she was not having it, she never wanted to see her children hurt or sad. "Stay right there and I will fix it all up for you baby okay?"

Izayah simply nodded as he swayed his feet back and forth hanging off the table. "Mommy I am tough... I don't need anything." He looked to his father to show him that he was being brave. Moments later Nevayah returned after digging through one of her shelves. In the jar she held was a mixture of mint and cloves commonly used as an antiseptic in times like this. "This will only burn for a second. Be brave for me okay." Patting her sons head she then tipped the bottle with a rag pressed against the top to absorb the liquid. From there she gave Izayah one more re-assuring look before placing it on his knee.

In this moment he was not brave as the liquid touched his tender skin. "No mommy no!" he screamed as she had to place her free hand around his ankle to hold him still a bit. "I don't like it!" Nevayah simply kept giving him reassuring mantras throughout the entire thing. "Your such a big boy, so brave and strong..." at one point looking him dead in the eye as she said it in hopes he would believe it. When she was done she removed the rag and tossed it on the counter before bending down a bit to blow on Izayah's wound. When her breath touched his skin it tingled and was cold. "Mommy... I am mad at you. I love you but I am mad."

Crossing his arms he shot his mother an angered look, even as she picked him up and placed him back on the ground he let it be known he was not a happy camper. "I love you to" she said knowing this was just a minor tantrum compared to what her son could really do, he really did take after his mother in too many ways. Clearly exhausted from having spent the majority of the day alone with the two children she looked at Lanister to reassure herself of one thing and that was that she loved her family. "Now everyone come sit and eat please. Emia and I have to go soon so we can be back before dark."

Izayah complied with his mother's wishes even if he was mad at her. Obvious by the fact that he pulled at his chair from its normal position and scooted it closer to his fathers. Climbing up the chair he sat flat in it, his eyes just barely able to still see over the table. He was determined that one day he would no longer have to sit on a wooden block to reach everything on top, but today was not that day. Not saying anything Nevayah simply grabbed Izayah's wooden block with one hand and the boys arm with the other. Pulling him up she slid the block under him before going to the other side of the table and reaching to the center to begin spooning rations into each of her family members bowls. Each of her children received only a half of a ladleful as they could not eat more than that if they wanted to without getting sick. Lanister on the other hand received two full spoons worth and when she reached past him to pour the liquid into his bowl she could not help but practically be on top of him when she did it. With her chest just to the side of his face she looked back at him with a brow raised knowing her children would have no idea what she was doing. She then played it off as if she had done nothing wrong and went to her place at the table to begin eating.

Salzem

Lanister tilted his head to the side as his wife made a "sh" signal to their little girl, as if she was asking her to keep a secret. Emia nodded, smiling wide, shaking her head slowly as her dad looked at her strangely. She seemed to know exactly what look he was giving her and he knew the little look she was giving him. She wasn't going to tell him anything. Lanister's attention shifted as Nevayah tended to her son's wound, plopping him up on the edge of the table and attempting to apply her disinfectant to his wound. Lanister stepped up beside his son as he struggled and screamed, resisting any and all attempts to be touched by the stinging fluid, letting his boy know that he wasn't alone in this. He squeezed little Izayah's shoulder as he pouted, saying that he loved Nevayah, but he was angry.

"Don't be angry, little one..." Lanister said, helping his little boy off the edge of the table. "She's only doing what's best for you... I know it hurts, but she's doing it because she loves you..." He smiled softly at little Izayah before walking over to the table and sitting in his chair, followed shortly by his son, and Emia, sitting on her little wooden block obediently, just wanting to have at the food on the table. Her twin brother, however, still angry and defiant with his mother, sat without his block, his eyes barely able to glance over the rim of their table.

"Maybe someday..." Lanister whispered to him as his wife slipped the block underneath him, giving Izayah just enough height to comfortably eat. Lanister rubbed his hands together eagerly as his wife passed around the food, depositing a little on each of the kiddie's plates before coming over to him, practically pressing her chest against his cheek as she loomed over him to do the same. He caught her glance as she went about her business, knowing exactly what she intended by doing that... Lanister knew there would definitely be a war on later and Nevayah had just lit the spark...

"Lets eat!" Emia exclaimed excitedly, digging into her small portion ravenously, enjoying every last tiny bite she could stuff into her cheeks. Lanister was only slightly more dignified about it, devouring the sweetened apples as if he hadn't eaten in days. Ironically, he knew exactly what that felt like and what it was like to eat after all this time. Strangely, it was a lot like this. The family enjoyed their dinner heartily, just enjoying each-other and their food, but not making too much small-talk as Nevayah explained earlier that she and Emia had to go deliver the tonics soon. After their meal, Lanister smiled widely at his wife, but the expression couldn't truly display the love and appreciation he had for her at that moment.

"Thank you for cooking, Nevayah.... It was great! I love your cooking, but this was especially good!" Lanister exclaimed.

"Yeah!" Emia chimed in, her face just a bit splattered with apple around her lips. "I loved it! Cimminon apples are the best! Right, Izayah?" She turned to her brother, her sanguine eyes wide with the happiness that was resting in her tiny little stomach.

Blink

Izayah plopped the first bit of his cooked apple into his mouth and it was almost impossible for him not to smile at how wonderful it tasted. Before he knew it his bowl was empty alongside his sisters. When she spoke to him he smiled and nodded still having a mouthful trying to swallow. "Yes!" his mouth was also covered in apple and cinnamon stickiness. Nevayah being the doting mother she was walked around and collected the bowls placing them on the counter and grabbing a clean cloth. She then walked up to each of her children wiping at their mouths in an attempt to clean them up.

"Okie Emia go grab your sweater please, we don't need you catching a cold." Nevayah went and pulled on her sweater over her blouse as well. She then grabbed her bag full of little glass jars and placed it over her shoulder. "Love you two be back soon" Leaning in she kissed Izayah on the forehead and then walked over to Lanister and gave him a peck on the lips, but also slipped her tongue in his mouth for the briefest of moments. Pulling away she winked at him like she had so many times already feeling as if she was winning a war.

Izayah simply blinked at his parents as he slipped from his chair and walked into the living room plopping himself in front of the fireplace. "Bye mommy, bye sissy"

Holding the door open she motioned for Emia to follow and waited for her to walk through first. From there she reached down grabbing her daughters hand but not before wrapping an all too familiar red scarf around her daughters neck. As they walked hand in hand Nevayah could not help but keep stealing looks at her beautiful daughter. "You know Emia, that scarf I gave you belonged to my mother. It was the only thing I ever had from her and it means a lot to me that you like it so much. Maybe one day you can give it to your daughter too."

Back at home Izayah turned around to stare at his father from the living room. He didn't say anything at first as he simply admired the man before him. "Daddy I want to be just like you one day." Turning the rest of the way he rolled over on his stomach propping his head up with his two small hands. "I also want to be a warrior. I want to have a big shiny sword and beat up bad guys." The young boy rolled again onto his back and stared at the ceiling. He was surely a talkative boy around his parents, no doubt he got that from his father. "... and I want to protect you and mommy forever."

Izayah had no idea of his parent's past, just that he was not allowed to ask about it. He had always been told that what happened in their home stayed in their home and that it was for their own safety. "Daddy I have a question... why is our blood special? Why can't I tell my friends that I am special?" the boy then lifted his hand in front of his face and looked at it before continuing. "Why do you and mommy freak out every time me and sissy bleed?" Izayah had always wondered about that question. It seemed that anytime especially when Emia was hurt that both his parents were frantic about covering it up. "I ask mommy and she tells me not to talk about it. She gets mad at me...."

By now Nevayah and Emia had made it to town and were stopping at different businesses and houses delivering bottles of tonic. Nevayah even let Emia go up to some of the houses to hand them their bottle and collect the money. Looking into her bag she pulled out the final bottle of her very 'special' tonic and held it out in front of her. "Last one then we can go shopping! Anything in particular you want to get daddy and bubby?"

Salzem

"Kay mom!" Emia agreed, running back to her room to grab her shirt, licking what remained of her the cinnamon off her lips all the while. After she came back, sweater worn over her dress, Nevayah said goodbye to daddy and her brother, declaring her love for them both and giving daddy a little kiss.

Lanister kiss Nevayah back, but was caught off guard when her tongue slipped into his mouth, already striking a decisive blow against the tainted parent. He stared at his wife with a somewhat playful glare, egging her on to try that again. She could take as many pot-shots as she wanted against him, but he was determined to win when the actual battles started.

"I love you too! Be safe!" Lanister called to them before the two slipped out the door, off on whatever little adventure they wanted to keep secret. He got up from his place at the table and went to join his son, sitting beside him in front of the fire-place. For a while, they didn't say anything, just enjoying each-other's company. But then, Izayah spoke, saying how he wanted to be like him someday, that he ALSO wanted to be a warrior, having a sword and wanting to beat up all the bad guys, that he would protect him and Nevayah forever. Lanister laughed out loud, not at the absurdity of the notion, but at the eagerness in his little boy's voice. He was so totally Nevayah's kid.... The parallels were so obvious, it was like he was staring into her male counterpart.

"I love you, you know that...?" Lanister asked, patting his son's head lightly. "You're the best son I could ever ask for..." After a few more moments of their love for each-other Izayah popped a question, one that was hardly discussed within the confines of their household: Why is their blood special? Why couldn't he tell his friends that he was special? Why did they freak out when they were hurt? It wasn't as if it were a social taboo or anything, but they had always thought the kids were WAY too innocent to tell them their story and what their blood actually meant...

"If Mommy says not to talk about it, we shouldn't talk about it." Lanister spoke, his voice somewhat stern. After realizing what kind of tone he took, he looked back over a this son, his expression far softer. "What I mean is... its kinda a little secret, you know? A very important, super secret secret.... One so secret, we gotta keep it between mommy and daddy." He then poked Izayah on the belly, sending a ripple of tickle through his little body. "And it's your job to keep the secret about you a secret! If they were to find out, it wouldn't be a secret anymore, understand?" Whether or not the boy truly understood, Lanister would scoop him up in his arms and hold him as he stared into the crackling flames of the fire-place. He'd rock his arms gently as if to lull the young child to sleep, his motions slow, rhythmic, soothing, all the while humming a tune he had forgotten the name of a long time ago.

The moment Emia and Nevayah stepped outside, Nevayah draped a scarf around the little girl's neck, a long red one she had seen many times, but never wore herself... It was mommy's scarf after all... She beamed with pride all the way down the road... she simply couldn't stop smiling. When Nevayah noted that this scarf used to belong to her mother, Emia's eyes grew wide.

"Reeeeeeeally???" She asked, agasp, clearly wanting to hear more about this story. She smiled again when her mother-dearest noted that it meant so much to her that Emia liked it so much and that maybe one day, she might pass it onto her children... Emia responded by squeezing her mother's hand tighter, showing how much love she felt for her then...

As they entered town, Emia and Nevayah dropped by several houses as if they were milkmen making their rounds, selling their tonic to those that had placed an order. Sometimes, Nevayah even allowed little Emia to deliver the flask and collect the gold they were given, making her feel more useful than she would just watching. She loved her mother so much... she really, really did... Nevayah pulled out the last vial, exclaiming that this was the final one before they could go shopping and asked if she had any idea what she wanted for her bubby and daddy.

"A sward for Bubby!" Emia smiled widely, just anticipating her brother's reactions. "He wants to fight evil and stuffs! I think we should give daddy... gloves! Nice, soft gloves!"

Blink

Nevayah giggled at her daughters request as she walked up to the last door for delivery. Knocking on it three times and taking a step back it did not take long for a young boy to open the door to the giant house. He was dark complected and probably in his early teens. Then a massive woman came up behind him placing her hand on her sons shoulder. "Hello Emria!" Nevayah smiled as she placed on hand on the back of Emia's back to push her a bit more forwards. "Emia has a delivery for you two" She then motioned for her daughter to hand the massive woman the vial. Both of Nevayah's children knew who the woman was and were actually watched by her from time to time, Emria being the only other person she trusted her children with. Emria then spoke up "Thank you for bringing it. By the way I may have a new customer for you. A gentleman who said hes in need of a 'miracle' to save someone, I guess a family member. Figured it was right up your alley. Also stated he would pay whatever he had to."

Nevayah simply listened and Emria spoke nodding her head and then pulling out a small parcel of paper and piece of charcoal to write it down. "Okay I will have it in about a week or two. Right now the demand tends to outweigh the supply. Unless he is in need of it immediately he will have to wait. Please let me know what he says." and with that the transaction was over as Emria handed Emia the coin for the delivery.

"So gloves for daddy and a sword for bubby."

Among the many small shops the two visited Nevayah had manged to find a small leather bag that was kind of similar to hers, perfect for her precious little angel of a daughter. In the same shop they also found a pair of leather gloves that seemed sturdy yet soft enough to meet Emia's demand for Lanister to have soft gloves. The price alone on them was as much as two vials of her special tonic, but anything to make her daughter happy. "Put these in your new bag to give to daddy." Nevayah then handed off the gloves to Emia.

It took them a few more stops to find a small 'sword' for Izayah. Nevayah was already uncomfortable with the idea as she realized just how sharp even a small one was. Turns out they made blunt swords for children to learn how to handle them. They were made of metal, but not sharp enough to hurt anyone. Also buying a cheep holster that would fit around Izayah's waste Nevayah attached the sword to her belt still unsure about it. "Well looks like we are all done, let go home before it gets completely dark out. Without prompting Nevayah reached down and picked up her daughter holding her on her hip as she walked. "It's almost bed time isn't it?" She could tell whether her daughter knew it or not that she would be getting tired soon. Walking all the way from home to town and then making a deliveries was enough to make Nevayah tired, much less a small four year old.

While Nevayah and Emia were out Izayah was home with his father asking questions he should not have been asking. Had anyone else's child been asking they may have given up... but not Izayah. As his father tickled him he laughed before being scooped up and held. "But why do I have to keep it a secret?" his statement followed by a yawn from the soothing sways of his father's arms. He almost fell asleep with his head against his fathers chest but pushed through it. He could see what Lanister was trying to do, to make him go to sleep... and so... the nightly battle of bedtime would begin.

"No!" he yelled pushing himself away from his father and wiggling himself out of his arms. "I will not go night night! Not yet!" running across the living room and into the kitchen he firmly stationed himself under the table. "No! No! No! No! No!" If Lanister tried to chase him the boy would simply move out of his reach and run somewhere else in the house to hide.

From outside as Nevayah and Emia approached the cottage Nevayah could hear her sons screaming. These... these were the tantrums her son was known for. Whether or not Emia fell asleep in her arms on the way home Nevayah pushed open the door and set her on the couch as the real battle was about to ensue. Casually she put down her bag and even went as far as unbuckling her boots ignoring his rage. It was however when Nevayah had her boots off that the real battle would ensue. "Izayah! Get out from under that table this instant!"

His mother's voice was no longer soft and gentle, but angry and harsh. Unfortunately he would mirror her attitude and tone. "No night night!" he had poked his head out from the table just to scream at her. From there he bolted for his parents bedroom to go to the one place he knew they would never reach him... under the bed out of arms reach. But before he could get that far Nevayah managed to grab his arm and pull him to her. "No!" he screamed as loud as he could in protest. Ignoring him Nevayah pulled him up and pulled each of his boots off, his torn pants and sweater all in a matter of minutes. She had mastered how to undress a screaming and kicking child, she had to.

"Listen Izayah! You will not scream at mommy and daddy like this!" the power struggle between mother and son ensuing. Despite the fact poor Nevayah had already been slapped and kicked numerous times already in the tantrum Izayah had managed to land one more smack on her face, this one causing a silence to follow the sound. Nevayah's face went blank before slowly turning her gaze to Lanister signaling it was time for some kind of intervention from him. "Take your son before I smack him silly" her voice very serious.

Izayah though was still not having any of it as he continued to kick and scream even if his father were to get involved.

Salzem

Emia waved shyly at Emria as they made their little exchange, taking the coin she offered as payment and stuffing it into the little bag that held all of their earnings. It seemed today was only getting better and better for the little girl, receiving such wonderful gifts as her scarf and now... her bag! Much the better, she was even allowed to use it right away, hiding her daddy's gloves away on the inside was well! Still, as they went about their shopping, all the walking was starting to take it's toll on the little girl. She was tired, exhausted really, but she never whined or complained, just following behind her mother with a sort of determination that kept her from falling asleep. Even as they walked home, the little girl was being held by her mother the whole way, the temptation for falling asleep seeming to increase by the second until eventually...

Lanister jumped in shock as Izayah jerked awake from his near-sleeping state, refusing to go to sleep as he dashed under the table, yelling how he wasn't ready.

"Come on, Izayah..." the supposed-role-model coaxed, reaching under the table-cloth for his son. "Even warriors have to sleep too..." It wasn't until after several (and ultimately frustrating) failed attempts did Nevayah and Emia get home, the young girl wide awake from her brother's screaming. Nevayah sat both her and the sword down as she then took a stab at trying to get the little kid out from his spot, using more forceful language and attempts, grabbing at him and demanding his compliance like the good mother she is. Thats when they heard it: A resounding *smack* blasting across the room as Izayah managed to hit Nevayah's cheek in the process of his struggling. Emia placed a hand across her mouth, eyes wide in shock as her two parents exchanged a look that made it clear there was going to be trouble. With only one quick lunge under the table, Lanister grabbed the little kid by the arm and yanked him out from under before he could try the same tactic he did with his wife. Lanister glared down at Izayah, clearly disappointed and angry with his behavior.

"You're behavior tonight was disrespectful and will be punished." The tainted parent spoke, his voice commanding so much authority, little Emia flinched as if it were meant for her. "You are going to your room. Now. And you will not come out until we say you can. Understood?" His last word was THE last word, the look he gave Izayah was enough to shut him up real fast. Whether his son nodded or not, he would escort the child by his shoulder, pushing him into the room he shared with his sister before closing the door behind him. "And I don't want to hear any noise from in there, young man."

Emia could only watch silently as her brother was detained, eyes wide in shock as if she'd just watched something horrible. Lanister would see the shock upon his little girl's eyes before walking over to her a kneeling so that he was at eye level before pulling her into an embrace.

"I still love your brother..." He whispered to her, as if knowing exactly what she was thinking. "I still love you too, as does your mommy..." He gently reached out and tugged on Nevayah's arm gently, pulling her into their little group hug as well. "We love you and your brother so, so much..." Emia hugged both of her parents back with all the little strength in her arms before letting out a big yawn. Unlike her brother, she knew when she was tired. "Go to sleep, little one..." Lanister coo'ed letting his little girl go and gesturing back to her room with a nod. "Sweet dreams..." With that, the little girl slipped inside of their room, leaving only Lanister and Nevayah alone. First thing he did was kiss her right there, the very first thing. He kissed her with as much strength as he could manage this exhausting evening, pulling away just a bit so that their lips were only an inch apart.

"Maybe we should go to bed too, huh?" Lanister asked in a near whisper.

Blink

Izayah was so shocked by his father's outburst that he could not even muster a word to counter the argument. Tears welling in his eyes he looked at his father and mother hoping they would take pity on his little soul, but they did not as his father escorted him to the bedroom closing the door behind him. From inside the room Izayah turned around looking at the door in defeat. Reaching down he picked up one of his sister's stuffed toys and flung it at the door making a 'humph' sound, none of which could be heard on the other side of the door. 

A few moments passed as the little boy paced back and forth in the room in an attempt to calm down his pent up frustrations. It was then that his sister opened the door and came in, clearly as tired as he truly was although he would never admit it. One look at his innocent sister and he knew he had messed up big time, and he felt horrible. As Emia crawled into her bed Izayah tip toed to the door and creaked it open to see his parents standing very close to one another. "Mommy.... daddy" his voice breaking the silence after his father whispered something to his mother.

Nevayah turned her head to the teary eyed boy having already forgiven him the moment she looked into his adorable eyes. Winking at Lanister she walked over to Izayah who's arms were held out and scooped him up into an embrace holding the back of his head with her palm just as she did when he was a mere baby. Izayah then pushed back a bit so that he could look at his mother. "I love you mommy and I am sorry." he then turned his head to look at Lanister as well. "I'm sorry daddy I came out before you told me I could." the boys face then twisted as he began to fight back more tears, yep definitely Nevayah's child.

"Its... its just that when I sleep I see monsters. I see you mommy and your all cut up" Izayah took a finger and traced it along his mothers cheek. "And I see daddy wrapped up in bunches of bandages and he is bleeding too. You both have a lot of owwies and no one to make it all better."

As the boy continued Nevayah looked at Lanister with great concern. Turns out he could see things just like Nevayah and Lanister. Of course a mother would share a blood bond with her children, it was silly for her to think they couldn't. Looking into the blue eyes of her child he continued with his confession. "And there is that man.... the one with no face and he scares me!" with that he buried his face in his mothers neck sobbing and grabbing at her shoulders for comfort.

"Mommy and daddy are here Izayah and we promise that we won't ever let the man in your dreams get you. He is just pretend okay?" Lying to her child made her feel sick to her stomach, but she would never tell him what he was seeing was actually his parent's pasts... the very thing they tried to shelter their children from. Instinctively patting her son's back she swayed back and forth trying to comfort him to sleep, she knew he was beyond tired, this was usually what caused his usual outbursts. Within minutes of Nevayah whispering to him how special he was and how much mommy and daddy loved him the boy had fallen limp in her arms fast asleep.

Mouthing to Lanister "be right back" Nevayah took her son into their child's room and laid him in his bed pulling the covers over him. She then brushed her hand on his forehead and kissed him before doing the same for her already sleeping daughter. "Love you" she whispered closing the door as delicately as possible. As soon as the door was closed she rested her back against it for a moment eyeballing Lanister. Without saying another word she lunged towards her husband wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him as deeply as possible.

Pulling at his shirt she led him to their own bedroom unbuttoning her own blouse the moment their door was closed behind them. "I'm exhausted, but I need you now" she whispered between kisses and breaths. Helping Lanister undress and then pulling off her remaining garments she plopped onto their bed beckoning for her husband to follow. If he did so she would then partake in the activities adults normally do when sharing a bed together. Kissing his entire body up and down she cherished every single moment she had alone with her beloved.

-x-

Afterwards it took only a matter of seconds for her to drift off to sleep with her body entangled with Lanister's. She would not awake until Lanister stirred her in the morning to start another day of their beautiful lives. Thankfully it would be a day in which she thought he did not have to work which meant she would not have to try and fill orders and keep the children occupied all at once. Motherhood had really taken its toll on the young mother. Nevayah was still very much herself, guarded around those she did not know but her protective instinct multiplied by thousands due to her children.

Meanwhile in the other room Izayah's nightmares ensued in his mind causing the young boy to awaken from his sleep. Sitting up in his bed, hair standing up in all sorts of ways, he rubbed at his eyes looking around to see he was safe at home. Tiredly he slid out of his bed and crawled into his sister's snuggling up beside her as he often did trying not to wake her up. "Goodnight sissy" he whispered before going back to sleep comforted by the fact that his twin was right beside him.

Salzem

When Lanister saw his little boy's distress, the true regret in his eyes, any anger he had for his son was immediately lost he stepped up beside his wife to comfort little Izayah, rubbing his back as Nevayah held him in some attempt to calm him down. When Izayah apologized for coming out early, Lanister smiled and kissed his forehead, but not daring to separate a mother from her child.

"Its okay Izayah..." He said, gently placing a palm on his cheek. "Its okay..." Lanister flinched just a bit as his son said that when he slept, he saw both he and Nevayah all "cut up" and something about a man with no face... Whether they wanted to admit it to their children or not, little Izayah was experiencing their memories, those of which they desperately wanted to keep secret for their children's sake. Nevahyah tried to calm him down, telling him how mommy and daddy wouldn't let the imaginary faceless man get him.

"Yeah! Daddy's all big and strong, just like mommy! Mr. Faceless man won't ever get you..." Lanister contributed. It seemed that their word was good enough for the young boy as in a few seconds, he was asleep on Nevayah's shoulder. Lanister watched as Nevayah put Izayah to bed, wrapping the covers over the little boy before stepping back outside, a certain change in her eyes now that they were alone. As if to fire the first shot of the war, Nevayah lunged at her husband wrapping her arms around his neck and pressing her lips to his as powerfully as she was able. Lanister smirked and kissed her back, already beginning the struggle for dominance between the two that had existed since 4 years ago. The moment they got inside their room, they began stripping each-other tearing off their clothes without a care in the world. As Nevayah plopped down on the bed, Lanister wasn't far behind, pushing her back gently with a hand before landing on top, kissing her relentlessly along her chest, neck and, of course, lips. She attempted to do the same and as their bodies met in a connection to complex for kiddies to understand... the war officially began.

-x-

After it was over, it was impossible to tell who had beaten who this time, both extremely exhausted parents on the verge of passing out that night. All Lanister could say before he was dragged into the world of the unconscious was: "I love you..."

Meanwhile, Emia was already dead-asleep in her bed when her brother returned to his, but she could see his nightmares in hers, feel the terror he felt and when he snapped awake, she did too, staring at her brother with obvious concern. Little Emia may had seen completely and utterly innocent, but she already knew that whatever those dreams were, they were NOT hers... and so, when her bubby wanted to crawl into her bed alongside her, Emia graciously helped him up, pulling little Izayah into her bed next to her and wrapping her little arm around his torso almost possessively. Emia knew that her twin needed her.... badly.... She could feel the need for companionship deep within his soul, afraid to go to sleep at night. The little girl gave Izayah a sweet little smile before she hugged her best friend, holding him their until they both fell asleep.

"I wuv you, bubby..." She sighed before passing out asleep.

Next morning, Lanister cringed as light barraged his eye-sockets, signaling it was time to get up. Still, he fought the morning, shifting over and wrapping his arms around is wife, lover and friend as tightly as he could before attempting to go to sleep once more. The tainted knew this was a fool's effort anyway. Once he was up, he was up... right now, he was looking for any and all excuses to just stay there in his lover's embrace... for as long as he could..

Emia woke a few minutes later, her twin still snoozing away in the embrace they shared later that night... She smiled softly, her sanguine eyes glowing sweetly as she stared at her bubby, all worn out from last night's events. Well, she wasn't going to be the one who leaves him alone. Gently, deftly as not to wake up her brother, Emia tightened her grip on him, pulling him closer to her so that their foreheads touched just the tiniest bit, all she could do was stare into the sleeping face of her brother.

Blink

Nevayah felt her husbands embrace and happily snuggled herself into his arms for a few extra moments before beginning her day. Crawling over her husband she planted a passionate kiss on his lips before slipping out of bed. If he tried to pull her back in she would simply pull away giggling at him. "I have to make Izayah and Emia breakfast..."

Slipping on one of Lanister's shirts that went down to about mid-thigh and her boots she slipped out the door and made her way outside to collect some eggs. Gathering about half a dozen from the coop she went back inside and began preparing scrambled eggs for her family. With her cast iron skillet in one hand and spoon in the other she stirred the eggs around until they became the correct consistency. Letting them cool for a moment she set the skillet on the table and went back outside to gather some milk from their only goat. Walking back inside she poured the milk from the bucket into two small glasses set beside two small plates. Then she scooped out some of the egg and placed a bit on each of her child's plates. The remainder of the eggs she divided between two slightly larger plates along with a piece of a sweet bread for the parents. They would be drinking water as the goat milk was too precious for their children's development to waste on themselves.

After finishing the breakfast preparations Nevayah cracked open the bedroom door to her children and looked inside to find them once again in the same bed snuggled together. Seeing that Emia was already awake and just watching Izayah the mother slid into the bed behind Izayah pulling both of her children close for a precious moment. "Wake up Izayah... its time for the day to begin..." her voice was so soft and serene, clearly full of nothing but love for her two children. Running her fingers through his unruly hair she looked into Emia's beautiful eyes seeing a reflection of their father in them.

Izayah stirred for a moment before letting out a long yawn before smiling with his eyes still closed. He could feel his sister beside him and mother behind him and it made him not want to move. "No" he whispered as he buried his face in the blankets.

"But Emia and Daddy and Mommy are already up." Nevayah's voice still soft and serene as she spoke.

"No"

Taking in a deep breath she kissed his cheek and reached over him to scoop up her daughter. "I will let you sleep for another five minutes then its time to get up my precious." Getting out of the bed with her daughter in her arms she straightened Emia's hair with her fingertips before pulling her into her chest for a hug. "And good morning to you beautiful." Carrying her daughter to the kitchen she placed her in her chair where the block for height was already waiting. "Go ahead and eat Emia while I make daddy go wake up bubby." leaning down she kissed her daughters cheek before seeking out Lanister.

"Izayah is extra sleepy this morning so I am letting him sleep a few extra minutes. Will you go and get him when you think its time?" looking at Emia Nevayah leaned in a bit to whisper so she could not hear what she told Lanister next. "They were in bed together again. I think the nightmares are still happening." Leaning back a bit she showed Lanister a concerned look before going about her business once again plastering on a smile for her child's sake. Grabbing at a brush she walked up behind Emia and began running it through her hair as she did most mornings while her daughter ate.

Salzem

"But Nevayah...." Lanister complained, kissing her drowsily as he attempted to keep his wife with him there in the bed. "Five more minutes..." But parents never go five more minutes. As his beautiful wife took one of his shirts, slipping it on so it just barely covered her groin before slipping on her boots and heading out. He watched her go, raising an eyebrow at how she had forgotten to grab some pants on her way into the kitchen, but then, if he knew his wife as well as he thought he did... She didn't forget. Snickering to himself lightly at how shameless she was at that moment, Lanister slipped on a pair of sweat-pants and  loose shirt before making his way out into the kitchen as well, slumping into a chair at the table and watching Nevayah cook their eggs, more than once his eyes glancing at what remained barely hidden between her legs. Still, as Nevayah set the table around them, Lanister's hand just briefly brushed the inside of her exposed leg, just barely reaching the mark he intended (or perhaps not), a little payback for that little episode with her chest last night... If she gave him a look, the father would just stare at her blankly, giving her a look of feigned confusion as if he had no idea why she was looking at him that way. The moment she disappeared into their children's room, he laughed quietly to himself and sighed, just... impressed at the woman he fell in love with.

Meanwhile, Emia hadn't once taken her eyes off her exhausted twin from the moment she woke up, tightly holding him to her as if he might disappear the moment she let go. It was when their mommy slipped in behind Izayah, hugging them both to her did Emia break eye-contact, smiling widely. She then went back to snuggling her sleeping brother, holding him as tightly as she could. Nevayah attempted to coax him into waking up, telling him that they day had begun and that everyone else was awake, but the little boy just wasn't ready to join the world just yet. In response, Nevayah scooped up Emia, much to her enjoyment, and carried her out of the room, all the while the little girl laughed softly.

"Good morning, mommy!" She giggled, hugging her wonderous mother with as much strength she had in her little four-year-old arms. Nevayah carried her to the table where Lanister was already sitting, smiling softy at his little girl, red eyes meeting with the tenderest of gazes.

"Good morning Daddy!" Emia greeted him, reaching over and squeezing his hand with her little fingers. Lanister smiled a grin with such love, such sweetness, one might think he could melt in the rain.

"Good morning, little one..." He responded, leaning over and kissing her forehead softly. It was then that Nevayah walked up to him, mentioning how Izayah seemed tired so she was giving him a few more minutes of sleep. More than she gave him it seemed...He was about to turn that into a joke, but Nevayah's face grew serious before she leaned in close, making it so the little girl wouldn't hear what she had to say. She whispered that they slept in bed together again, that the nightmares he was having were still happening... Never once did Lanister's smile slip, but a chill did seep into his gut.... Izayah's blood-bond was activating so soon, it was no wonder he was acting out so much... He and his wife shared a glance, a moment of understanding, before he turned to his food as did his little girl.

"Lets eat!" They said in comic unison before digging in, all the while, his beautiful wife brushing the little girl's hair.

"Sleep well, little one?" Lanister asked as they ate. The little girl nodded as enthusiastically as she could without disrupting her mother's efforts.

"Yup! But...." She paused, her face somewhat falling to a concerned frown. "I'm worried about bubby..."

Blink

After finishing getting all the knots from her daughters hair Nevayah glanced at the bedroom door once more before sitting down to eat. Picking at her food she found herself looking at the still full plate laying where Izayah should have been. Whether it was her motherly instinct or the blood bond she shared with her family she was truly concerned for the state of her little boy. Caught in a daze she practically dropped her fork when her daughter mentioned she could tell something was wrong as well. It was almost impossible for her to keep up the charade any longer as she once more faked a smile at her daughter. "I am sure bubby is fine, just worry about you being happy and leave him to mommy and daddy."

Meanwhile behind the closed door of the children's bedroom Izayah's sleeping body remained, his fingertips twitching just barely along with his eyelids. In the young boys dream he was standing before a large wooden door in a place he had never been before. The ground was practically gravel and dirt and the air was really dry, almost desert-like. He doesn't know why he did it but the four year old child reached up and knocked in a strange pattern that somehow he knew from heart. A small window in the door opened and then closed quickly before the door creaked open and a large hand emerged from the darkness beckoning him to come inside.

Hesitantly he passed the thresh hold of the door, the owner of the hand mysteriously gone. All that stood before him was a long hallway in which he could see a light and hear the roar of a crowd. Izayah walked down the hallway for what felt like hours as the room ahead didn't seem to be growing any closer. And then a voice... one he knew all too well reverberated off the walls, it was his mother. Running as fast as he could he tried to close in on the room and surely his efforts paid off. Inside the room stood a tall man who's back was turned to him. All he could see was the broad shoulders of this man and he was holding something up, showing it to everyone else in the room. Izayah's eyes were so trained in on whatever the man was holding he did not even realize the scene ahead to a full extent.

Finally the man turned just a bit and Izayah saw the worst site possible, his mother being held up by her scarf as she scrapped at the man to get away. His mother looked younger and for some reason.. different. Maybe she was more boney or shorted but he could just tell she was different. Izayah went to scream but nothing escaped his mouth and no one seemed to react to it. From there his horror only intensified as the man with broad shoulders flung his mother like a rag doll onto the floor... and then there was his father laying on the ground. He had not noticed him until this very moment and immediately went to run to his parents aide. However, Izayah made no progress in making it to them. He watched as his parents were laughed at and how his mother screamed to be released, and then there was this prod.

When the broad shouldered man turned to grab it Izayah got to see his face... or lack there of. He immediately recognized the man from his previous dreams and slinked back into the shadows as he watched on helplessly. It was when the face less man held the rod to his fathers chest that the little boy was truly broken, seeing the pain in not only his fathers eyes, but his mothers as well before it happened. The no face man pressed the rod into his father and the strong man he admired so much fell to the ground helpless.

Izayah's eyes jolted open as he found himself laying in his sisters bed alone. He could hear her talking outside with his father and realized he was safe at home. Sitting up in the bed he rubbed at his eyes in an attempt to wipe away the dried tears. He did not want his mother and father to worry further about him. He knew... it was them he had to worry about instead. Jumping out of the bed he pushed open the bedroom door and as fast as he could ran to his father clinging to his leg. "Daddy I will protect you forever!" The boy buried his face in the leg of fathers pants as he held on for dear life feeling as if he could lose him at any moment.

Nevayah watched as it all happened and was speechless...

Salzem

Lanister nearly jumped up from his seat when his little boy ran out of his room, clutching at his pant-leg, declaring that he would protect him forever. He had no idea what do say... What could he say to this besides the typical parent-isms that everything was alright when it very clearly was not? Without another word, Lanister reached down and plucked up Izayah from his leg and held him close to his chest, hugging him gently as the boy clung at him for dear life... Lanister could only imagine the horrors the little boy had seen... the nightmarish things he and Nevayah had to endure now coming to bare for the little one. It was torture for the older tainted to stare down at his son, reduced to fearful clinging as if his father might be taken from him at any moment. Lanister said nothing as Emia scrabbled up on his lap too, wrapping her arms around her brother, both of which being hugged close to him with his arms. Emia said not a word as she pressed herself against her brother, as if this act would cause his pain to ebb. Lanister would glance up at his wife, a look of fear clear in his eyes before returning his sanguine gaze back down upon his terrified boy, kissing him atop his head.

"Hey..." Lanister said with a small chuckle. "Good morning, my little soldier..." He hugged his two children tightly before just going back to holding them. "It's okay... It's okay Izayah... Everyone's fine..." He tried his best to soothe his baby, his flesh and blood, but not knowing exactly what more he could say to quiet him down.

With a quick nod in Nevayah's direction, he gestured for her to come help him, to aid her partner in calming down little Izayah. He seemed so.... scared.... It was as if he had watched them be tortur-........ Maybe....... maybe he had... Oh no... Lanister looked as if his heart had shattered into a million pieces as he realized the horrible things his little Izayah had seen... Since he had been having dreams about the faceless man... he must have seen the rod and the horrible agonies that had been inflicted with it...

"Faceless man isn't here, Izayah..." Lanister spoke, his voice somewhat shaky. "He couldn't.... because you were protecting me...." He offered the best smile he had, kissing his son's forehead. "We're so lucky to have you...." Even Emia began to chip in, smiling reassuringly at her male counterpart, wrapping her little arms around his frame.

"We wuv you bubby...." She murmured, gently pressing her forehead against his shoulder. "We wov you so much..."

Blink

Izayah was all too willing to let his father pick him up and hold him close. Listening to his father call him a soldier made him proud, made him feel like he was recognized as one. Beaming it was only made better when Lanister continued by saying the faceless man could not possibly get them because Izayah was there to protect them. And then his sister chimed in telling him how much she loved him. Releasing his grasp on his father's shirt Izayah wrapped his little arms around his sister hugging her as tight as he could, but not too tight to hurt her. "I wub you too sissy..."

Nevayah simply watched from across the table until Lanister begged her with his eyes to help. The only thing she could think of was to give Izayah the present Emia had picked out for him the night before. Standing up and scooting her chair back she stepped away from the table and made her way to the sword shaped holster still laying on the couch. "You know what every little warrior needs Izayah?" she asked picking it up. Izayah simply peeked over his dad's shoulder to see what his mom was holding. He could not get out of his dads lap fast enough as soon as he realized what it was. Nevayah simply knelt down to Izayah's level and held it out to him. "Sissy picked it out just for you."

In pure awe Izayah reached out and touched the case of the sword just to make sure it was really what he was seeing. Then without words he turned and ran to his sister and practically ripped her from his father's lap. Pulling her down he tackled her with a hug smiling from ear to ear. "Sissy I wuv you soooo much!" He then released his hug on his sister and ran back over to his mother who was still kneeling down holding it out. When he went to reach for it a second time she pulled it back tilting her head to the side. "Warriors have to eat their breakfast first!"

Standing back up she placed the sword on a shelf out of the child's reach to give to him later in the day. "They also have to get dressed and do their chores then MAYBE if they are good they can practice with it." Izayah was practically jumping up and down as his mother discussed the terms to getting his hands on the sword. As soon as she finished talking he ran over to his chair, climbed up in it and began shoveling food in his mouth, barely breathing between bites.

Happy that she had made his day she then looked to Emia and motioned towards her daughters new bag. "Emia... don't forget about what you got daddy too..." Assuming her daughter would then go running across the room Nevayah took advantage of the moment and walked over to Lanister running her fingers through his hair before brushing her leg against his lap. Suggestively she gave him a look and continued on her way towards her chair. "After you guys get done eating and get dressed you should go out and play... chores can wait for later."

.... Nevayah had plans

Salzem

Emia smiled widely as her brother reciprocated her embrace, the two just holding eachother in their father's lap for as long as they wanted... or at least... until Nevayah revealed Emia's gift, the one she had picked out for her brother. As if a switch had been flipped, Izayah lunged from his father's lap (much to his surprise), immediately running up to the training blade and placing his hands upon it's sheath, as if testing to see if it were real. When mommy mentioned that Emia had picked out the gift just for him, Izayah ran right back to her, practically ripping her off of Lanister's lap as well, tackling her to the floor in a hug. It was all the little, red-eyed girl could to to keep herself from breaking down in tears at how happy she had made her twin, her best friend and perhaps the most important person to her... She hugged him back for all it was worth, holding her brother and trying to express her love for him through their moment of contact, no matter how brief. She smiled widely as her brother went about devouring his breakfast watching him eat with so much vigor, she was afraid he might yack it all up in a few moments. Somehow, though, he managed to keep each bite down, determined to get to practice being the warrior he always dreamed of being. Her concentration was disrupted as Nevayah reminded her of the other gift she had in store... the one she'd bought for her daddy. Eyes lighting up even futher somehow, the little girl ran off to her room, disapppearing for a few moments as she fished around for her bag.

In those few moments, Nevayah's half-naked form slipped up close to her husband, her exposed leg brushing up against his lap as she stared at him in such a way... it was as if they hadn't slept together just a few moments ago... Lanister smiled back, mimicking the look she gave him with his own, a sort of sexual intensity ever rising between them. Before it could escalate any further, his beautiful daughter returned, holding a pair of soft leather gloves... gloves she had picked out just for him... Lanister held the pieces of handwear in awe before scooping up his little girl in his arms and kissing her softly on her cheek, causing her to giggle happily.

"I love them..." He whispered softly before setting her down once again, just marveling at the wonderful family he was so lucky to have had.... Once Nevayah had made her suggestion that the two get dressed and go play, Emia's  actually *squee'd* on excitement, tugging at her brother's arm as she tried to coax him into hurrying up and finishing eating. Once he was done, both of them would disappear into their room to get dressed an play for a little while, leaving Lanister and Nevayah alone once again. The tension between them was undeniable... unmistakable... He stared into the Azure orbs of his wife before innocently, almost timidly pecking her lips, almost as a taunt akin to saying show me what you got...

Blink

Izayah jumped out of his chair as soon as he was done and followed his sister into their room where he quickly pulled on his clothing. From their he and his sister played with their toys and talked about how cool it would be when he was a warrior. "I bet I am the bestest swordsman ever!" he exclaimed as he imagined how fun it would be when he would finally be able to play with his sword outside.

In the kitchen things were taking a different playful turn as Nevayah jumped up on the table a bit so that she was sitting on the edge of it. Accepting his peck on her lips she stared into his eyes with the same expression as him. Raising a brow she leaned back a bit on the table opening her legs in front of him to show him what she has . But before he could make a move on her she closed her legs and sat up on the edge of the table taunting him almost.

Sliding herself off of the table mere inches from him she began walking towards their bedroom giving him a 'come and get it' kind of look before disappearing behind the door frame.

Meanwhile in the childrens bedroom Izayah was playing with one of his toy soldiers crafted by his father at the smithery when he stopped dead in play and looked at his sister. "Emia...." his blue eyes rested solely on his sister, careful not to talk to loud that his parents could here. "You feel it to don't you? The man in our dweams?"

Izayah knew that Emia almost always shared the same dreams as him, she was just braver than him about it. "I feel like when he is in my dweams that he sees me. He knows that I am there." he lowered his chin a bit still locking eyes with his sister. "... and he shows me him hurting mommy and daddy just to make me hurt here." Izayah then lifted a hand to cover his heart. "We gots to protect them sissy..."

Salzem

Emia and her brother disappeared into their room, slipping on their signature clothing the instant they got inside. Of course, the little girl put on her dress, and small jacket and shoes. Of course, she simply couldn't forget her mommy's scarf, one that had once been her prize possession before passing it off to her daughter. Emia laughed as Izayah went on and on about how he would be the best swordsman ever, how fun it would be whole they played with some of the toys daddy had made for them... Sure, Emia had seen kids with more.... elaborate toys, but she held a special place in her heart for the little toy soldiers he made for her twin. There were very few things in the world that displayed as much love as the attention to detail and paint-job along the metal soldiers held in her brother's hand. Besides all of that though, they just looked plain cool.

"You ARE the best swordsman ever, bubby!" She encouraged him, sitting beside her brother as he watched him fiddle around with the little tin soldier. Spontaneously, however, all the joy in her brother's eyes went dead before he looked at her in such a way, she felt her heart stop for a second or two. He was so serious... When he asked her if she felt the presence of the man in their dreams, the little girl silently nodded, having no reason to lie to her brother. Emia wrapped her little arms around her brother softly, protectively, as if her mere presence alone would keep the bad man out of Izayah's head.

"Its just a dweam though, bubby..." She murmured as she hugged her brother close, but not just for his sake anymore... The little girl herself was starting to believe that the dreams they shared weren't just dreams anymore... The thought shook the little girl to her very core, more than the events that played before her at night, ones that she once thought were fiction. For some reason or another... She didn't think she'd be able to sleep alone that night... she'd desperately need the presence of Izayah (or better yet, Izayah and her parents) beside her in her bed... It was when her brother said that they needed to protect their parents did Emia start to tear up just a bit, horribly afraid at that the man was actually coming for them...

Meanwhile, Lanister raised an eyebrow at just how forward Nevayah was being right there on the table, spreading her legs before him, retracting them before he could even make a move. A taunt for a taunt, huh? Lanister smirked as she gave him that look he'd always loved, that look that dared him to come after her as she slipped back in their own bedroom to play in a sense. He thought back to the days of when he first met her nearly 5 years ago now... She was such a quite, stoic creature... but in the few hours they had known one another, he had managed to thaw that frosty heart into that of a completely hopeless romantic, a trait they shared with eachother. They could hardly keep their hands off eachother in front of the kids and when they were alone.... well... it was, for all intents and purposes, impossible.

Lanister took up on Nevayah's look and followed her into the bedroom, the first thing he did being shutting the door behind them. He couldn't help but marvel at what a magnificent woman she was, scoping down her gorgeous figure with a look that was not appropriate with kiddies present. Still... that shirt was getting in the way of all that... Slowly but purposefully, Lanister would grab the lower rim of Nevayah's shirt and flip it up over her head, tugging it free of her body and leaving her standing there, naked and absolutely beautiful. Still, he didn't make a move other than that, daring her to make the first move with his restraint.

Tags: