Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Here to Stay (Private)

Started by Blink, December 11, 2016, 06:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

Responding to Lanister's question of why Izayah was in their bedroom the mother simply nodded. Nevayah then walked over to the empty chair beside her husband and sat down, placing her hand on the table for Lanister to hold. Taking in a deep inhale she looked her beloved in the eye before continuing.

"Well I think Izayah and I may have patched things up for now. But, there is a rift between our children that we need to address. Poor Emia is heartbroken that Izayah wont play with her anymore." Nevayah's eyes were tired. Ever her posture in the chair showed that of an exhausted mother at her wits end with everything.

"Any chance you got anything out of him at the bar as to why? And also how much longer are you going to be working double shifts? We have practically repaired everything and I have been selling and making more tonic than ever to help out. I can't keep doing this on my own... Our children need their father and I need my husband." Taking one of her hands she ran it through her hair trying to soothe it out a bit, really a gesture that had no reasoning behind it.

"Every day is the same... Izayah goes outside from the moment he wakes up to practice with his sword and Emia is left alone. I can't entertain a heartbroken child and be sure I am not messing up ratios that could potentially make someone sicker."

Salzem

Lanister was hardly surprised when Nevayah noted the rift growing between their children, but that didn't mean it was any less painful to hear. They didn't even curl up with eachother whenever they had the horrific nightmares they often shared. They used to do such things so freely and now it was hard to even keep them in the same room together... how did it come to this...?

"No... He didn't want to talk about Emia. But he did want to know about you-" Lanister halted as Nevayah went off about his working hours and how she couldn't do all of this on her own. She complained that everything was just about fixed and that their children needed their father and htat she needed her husband. The tainted stared at his wife silently for a moment, collecting his thoughts, before taking a deep breath responding.

"Nevayah... everything is fixed, yes, but we are still paying it off... I can't just drop the extra hours and expect the tonics to cover up the rest... There simply isn't as much demand as there was." His tone seemed somewhat exasperated, unprepared that with the fact that she was unsatisfied with his work. It was only at this moment did she ever voice her concerns with how he chose his work hours, how he chose to bring home the bacon. He understood why she was struggling and that she wanted help, but without him putting in those extra hours, he would soon not have a home to return to.... and Nevayah knew that. With her tonic's presence, she had lowered any amount of disease in the town as a whole and as a result, there were less and less need for such a thing and therefor she brought home less and less less consistently. Lanister's over-time was the only reliable source of income to this house and he found it frustrating that he was being judged for his hours now.

"Nevayah... maybe... you need somewhat of a break... You said that you find it difficult dividing your attention between the kids and your work... maybe its time to take a break from the tonics and focus on the little ones... I think Izayah and Emia need you now more than ever." He paused a moment, glancing between their bedroom and Emia's room, heart-broken the two were already distancing themselves from each-other like this.

"I won't be able to safely reduce my work hours until the end of the month, 3 weeks from now... By then, all our debt should be paid off and I'll be home more often." Lanister's gaze softened substantially as he stared into the exasperation that bubbled beneath Nevayah's Azure eyes. "I'm sorry... but it's the best I can do to ensure we all live comfortably..."

Lanister wanted so bad to just throw himself on his wife to kiss her and hold her, comfort her and love her like they had 4 years ago, but with the parent powers came a great responsibility and he couldn't put off the own questions he had. Questions revolving around their children and weapons.

"Nevayah...." Lanister said, squeezing her hand softly. "When you bought Izayah his first sword, I didn't take it away because I was under the impression he would only use it when he was under one of our supervisions.... Then you tell me you went out to get Emia a weapon of her own, our sweet little girl whom, need I remind you, has blood that can sap the life out of anyone with a touch... Why?" He chuckled a bit as he spoke despite himself, his mind racing as he tried to comprehend why Nevayah would ablidge such a reckless move. "She changed her mind... but if she didn't... would you have refused to get her the weapon...? You would've right? We can't have our kids running around with these things! They could get seriously hurt!"

Blink

Nevayah listened to Lanister as he spoke about her needing a break. Her gaze changed from a woman that was just venting to one that was offended. Besides the fact the Lanister had stated the obvious on her needing a 'break' she took it more as not feeling helpful. "I'm sorry my tonics are not selling like they used to. If I could travel farther I am sure I could make everything we need and then some in just a few days. But I cannot... because then someone could find out who or better yet what we are." Nevayah felt like she had to defend herself, to explain for some reason why she could not contribute as well as Lanister.

"And don't you think that maybe they need you as much if not more than they need me?" Her attitude by now had done a complete turnaround from how the conversation had started. When Lanister squeezed her hand she simply pulled it away tucking it in her lap. When he finished talking about supervising Izayah with his sword and how she could not possibly have been really on her way to buy Emia one of her own as if she did not care for her children's safety."

Standing up from her chair Nevayah had had enough of listening. "You tell me Lanister that if your daughter was crying to you about wanting to spend time with her brother and that if she had a sword maybe he would play with her that you would not think about it? So yeah Lanister, I would have gotten it for her despite the fact we cannot afford it. I would do anything for our children to make them happy." Taking a step back from him she started to tear up, getting emotional about the entire situation. "You wouldn't know though would you? Since you are never here. You don't get to listen to your children cry about you not being home, and then cry because the other is being mean. You don't have to deal with the questions that I don't have answers to or the complaining about being bored."

If Lanister tried to get up and take a step towards her she would simply take another step back.

Salzem

"Nevayah!" Lanister gasped at what she was implying, that his absence was all about him trying to avoid contact with his family, that he wouldn't possibly know what was going around the house because he was never there. She said seemed to doubt his love for his kids because he wouldn't have given into his child's demands, because he would have been more strict and tight-fisted. He knew that this was only her anger and exhaustion talking, that she couldn't really believe everything that she was saying, but that didn't soften the impact of each of her words at all. It was as if each implication were a cannon ball shot right through him, leaving clean, gaping hole through his body in place of what was once flesh. He kept waiting for her to apologize, to admit that she didn't mean everything she had said, that she was wrong... ANYTHING... but she did not. She tore her hand from it's embrace and stood, taking a step away from him with tears in her eyes. Still, his expression grew firm, solid. He would not budge on this. He could not. It was wrong and dangerous and mere lack of energy wasn't going to deter him.

"Are you going to listen to me, or not?" He demanded, crossing his arms as he sat there, staring up at his clearly frustrated wife. "I'm tired to. I empathize! I want nothing more than to come home at regular time and spend the remaining hours with you all! But I just can't yet! If I do, we risk having to default on some of our debts and or force me or you to pick up another job, leaving me at work more, or leaving the kids with no supervision! That, I will not abide, Nevayah."

"As for the weapons, I wouldn't care if she asked for a mere pocket-knife! We aren't like the other humans out there! When we bleed, we risk either killing everyone or drawing attention to ourselves that we REALLY don't want. Even if we were, these are things that are designed to kill our babies! Not even half a year past four and Izayah has a sword, one he's proud and to swing around and does so every day. What if Emia was walking toward him when he was outside practicing? What if she approached him with her own sword and he accidentally slipped or she did? What if one of our little Emia and Izayah got horribly hurt because we decided to give them weapons used to kill fully grown adults? I love my children... I would kill and die for each and every one of you... I almost did a little while ago... And I was afraid I'd lose you forever..." Lanister looked up at her, tired, but strong, his stance on the situation as firm as it was when it all started.

"Our children mean more to me than the world and everyone in it, my love... But weapons....? Just so Emia can talk to her brother...? She's going to have to find another way."

Blink

The argument escalated... both wanting the other to back down but neither giving in. "Of course I am going to listen... but I will not let you sit there and make me out to be the bad guy because I want to make my children happy." Deep down Nevayah knew that Lanister was right, that god forbid her children ever get hurt from playing with things she bought them simply to make them happy. She had a problem with drawing the line of making her children happy and being a parent at the same time. But there was one thing she would not budge on and that was Izayah's sword.

"Our four year old son is feeling defenseless! You have no idea what its like to not have the ability to protect yourself! I don't even have to talk to him and I know that all he wants is to be able to protect his sister. Can you imagine? Sitting there watching your mother and father practically dead in front of you and all you can do is just give them a boost!? Then to have his sister, the person he wants to protect most, save us all without even trying!" Tears were now in full cycle streaming down her face. Nevayah had not realized how loud she let her voice get, how if she was not careful she could potentially wake up their kids.

In an attempt to calm herself Nevayah started picking up dishes and placing them in the sink, however the loud clanking it created was unavoidable. With her back turned to her beloved she began wiping them out trying to clean them. "Lanister I love you with all my heart but you have no idea how it feels to not be able to do anything but make others stronger." Her voice had now calmed a bit, the tears no longer flowing but drying to her cheeks. She had not even realized that all she was doing was simply staring at the bowl in one hand and rag in the other. Somehow this conversation had gone from finding a solution to help their kids to a very personal one on Nevayah' s mind for a while as she watched her son go through the same torment she always had.

Salzem

Lanister's rage only grew as Nevayah still refused to listen to what he was trying to say. Oh sure, she claimed she was going to and maybe she tried, but that didn't last long. It never really did when it came to things like this. She was as stubborn as a boulder and sometimes just as thick, and at any other time, he might've found such things endearing, perhaps even hot. Now, though, it was just a hindrance to what they both wanted to be: great parents. Nevayah accused him of not knowing what it was like to be able to do nothing but heal, not not have the ability to protect themselves in any way. She accused him of being clueless to their struggle, effectively talking about things he had no idea about. This time, Lanister conceded that she was only HALF right. No, he wouldn't know exactly what it was like to do nothing but heal, but gods be DAMNED if he didn't know what it felt like to be helpless, to watch as his blood was sucked out of him like a straw, only to know it would be crafted into a weapon of mass destruction. Lanister's gaze turned somewhat cold in his anger, silent, as he stared down his wife, waiting for her to finish. He waited a solid minute or two after she was done hammering her point into his head before he next spoke, intent on making every last word count.

"No? You don't think I wouldn't know what it's like to be helpless...?" He asked, a sarcastic edge in his voice as if he were asking if she had gone insane. "Try having your blood sucked out of you day in and day out, leaving an unhealable gash upon your flesh that seeped your life-blood, given only old, crusty bandages to keep your insides inside. Try knowing that your blood would be manufactured and sold as a bio-weapon and that you, lucky ol' you, were the great mind behind this revolutionized warfare. Try watching as a pocket of life in a desert is wiped out with the blood they had been stealing from you for years, a demonstration of the havoc they would soon wreak upon the world thanks to you just being alive, Nevayah." He paused a moment, looking away, his own tears building up in his eyes. "But then... why would I even have to tell you about this again...? We have a blood-bond.... you know the story, just as I know what you know..." Lanister's pain was unbearable, this argument turning from a marital to a personal. Nevayah would do anything to secure their happiness while Lanister would do anything to ensure their growth. He hated that these two ideologies had to clash with them... He hated it so much...

"Don't you dare try to assume I don't have any idea what's going on through your head, Nevayah. I HATE what I am, what blood I have squirming its way through my veins! I would trade my powers for none without a second thought, but the fact is, I'm stuck with this eternal burden of making sure not a single drop of my blood touches the air and now, my children are too. If Izayah is as much like you as we both know he is, then you can't deny I understand him just as well as I do you."

Blink

She could tell she had struck a nerve within her husband. She understood how he thought he could relate, and in a way he himself had struggles she would never understand. But she refused to turn this into a 'my life was worse than yours' argument. Both of them struggled growing up, living lives no human should ever have to endure. "Don't even try that on me Lanister! You know that I know what it was like for you... for both of us! Is that not what we are trying to protect our children from?" By now she had turned back around to face him, leaning against the counter with her arms crossed across her chest. "I am sure you are reminded just as much as I am every single day you look into our children's eyes and see how they differ from our own."

This argument was clearly going no where, neither side budging. Nevayah was just as riled up as Lanister and it was beginning to build into something far worse if something didn't happen soon. Both of them stubborn and set in their opinions, they would be here for days if one of them did not falter soon. "Dammit Lanister! Why do you have to be so damn stubborn!" Nevayah was feeling angry with her husband for not understanding her point of view, for not just agreeing with her this one time. She wasn't quite sure what caused her to do it, what crazy idea popped into her head to make her next action make sense. But her eyes filled with something, not quite anger but not quite remorse either, she took a few quick steps towards her husband planting a firm grip on the back of his chair while the other pushed against his shoulder.

Without words she intensely stared into his crimson eyes before pressing her lips against his. The passion that had built up inside of her was unlike anything she had ever felt before. The need to kiss him.. to show him how she was feeling. She didn't wait for him to react before climbing on top of him in the chair, a leg on each side of him. Lifting one of her hands from his shoulder and moving it to his hair, violently running her fingers through it.

Salzem

"Damn it, Nevayah! Why do you have to be so damn stubborn!" he growled at she same time she said the same thing, seeming only to bolster the frustration inside. It was like they were on the exact same level, but they couldn't agree on a gods-damned thing! She was so impossible sometimes...

Then she walked right up to him, straddling Lanister before staring deeply into his aggravated eyes with her anger-filled own. They two seemed to glare at eachother for several moments before they pressed their lips together powerfully, passionately, Nevayah's hands running through his shorter, lighter hair more forcefully that she normally would. Meanwhile, Lanister's hands tugged at her clothes, nearly clawing holes in them, pressing himself against her with all the energy his frustration had given him. They would sit there, kissing angrily for a long while, going to lengths normally left untouched with their lips and their tongues. Never once did their eyes break contact, almost as if it were a symbol of their battle of wills at this moment.

It was only when they ran out of air did they pull away, the two still glaring at each-other, but more equal parts passion and frustration for one another. Lanister stared deep into Nevayah's eyes as if to find some sort of weakness in her defenses that he could pierce, something that would give him the upper hand and allow him to dominate her so hard, she would want to keep coming back to regain her lost pride. Unfortunately he was having intense difficulty finding a chink in her armor and decided to focus on the girl right in front of him, glaring down at him, challenging his authority.

"You're so frustrating to talk to sometimes." Lanister declared before forcefully kissing her again, running his hand through and tugging at her darker hair. The other had somehow found it's way under her shirt and up her chest, snaking it's way up to her breasts with an alarming speed.

Blink

Nevayah simply pushed back with every thing she had every time Lanister attempted to 'win' against her. "Like your one to talk" she countered pressing herself against him some more. As his hand made its way up her shirt and to her breasts Nevayah's went downward to the brim of him pants, pulling at them before unbuckling them one handed. Shortly after that she reached her other hand down to beneath her skirt pulling off her undergarments and hiking it up a bit only lifting herself off of him for a few short moments.

From there she pulled at the bottom of his shirt in an attempt to pull it off over his head before discarding it on the floor next to the kitchen chair. Normally by now they would have made their way to the bedroom, but with a sleeping child in their bed that was not an option. It was a miracle by now they had not woken them up with their yelling, crashing of dishes and of course their love making. Nevayah then placed each of her hands on Lanister's now bare back, scratching at him yearning for more.

With each passing moment the two battled for dominance, pushing and pulling at each other while neither of them gave in.

-x-

After it was all said and done Nevayah sat on top of Lanister in the chair her skirt bunched at her waist and sweater pushed up halfway exposing her breasts. Still heavily breathing she held her hands behind his neck as she looked deep into his beautiful eyes. "Listen.... next time the kids want something I will ask you first okay? And in return would you please try to be home a little earlier to at least put the kids to bed?" She felt is was a fair compromise, her final proposition if you will. "And as far as Izayah is concerned, we will both just have to be patient in helping him through this time. I won't let him practice on his own anymore for his own safety."

Leaning in she began to trail his neck with her lips up to his ear lobes, biting it a bit before meeting his gaze once more. "But most importantly lets not forget that we love one another and we are in this together. I know you are just doing what is best for us. I just get lonely being the only adult sometimes."

Salzem

"Heh..." Lanister snorted in response to her comeback, determined to "defeat" her at all costs. They very quickly began to tear at eachother's clothes, Nevayah dropping her skirt and his pants while Lanister rolled up her sweater and and undid his own shirt. They pressed together tightly, kissing and loving in their own angry, passionate ways for the longest time, all within the confines of that one dinner chair. It was an intense battle of wills, each of them giving it their all in some attempt to force the other to give in, but neither ever lost the will to keep going.

-x-

Lanister sat underneath his wife on the dining-room chair, his pants shoved down around his legs and his shirt on the floor beside him. He stared up into Nevayah's beautiful azure orbs as she spoke to him, his arms gently resting around her back while hers around her neck. She decided to make a concession, saying that she would consult him whenever the kiddies wanted something, but in return, he would have to be home a little earlier. As for Izayah, they would both work together to help him back onto the path they wanted him to follow, the good path, the one that would bring him back into the family he had ignored for long enough.

"Sounds reasonable...." Lanister smirked, pecking Nevayah's lips before she began to trace his neck with hers, leaning around near his ear-lobe and nibbling upon it gently. She whispered that it was paramount that they all remember how much they love each-other, that they were all in it together. When she admitted she was lonely being the only adult in the house, Lanister smiled widely before pulling her into a hug, her bare-ish chest pressing against his before he softly kissed her cheek, then pulling away and giving her a long, heart-felt kiss upon her lips.

"Believe me... Its hard for me at work without you... I missed it when you used to surprise me at work, coming in just to spend time with me...." He sighed softly before pressing his forehead against hers, hugging her tighter.

"I love you Nevayah... I will always love you... I promise, I'll be home much sooner..." With that, he scooped up his shirt, and gently pushed his wife off of him, smiling suggestively at her very gorgeous body before pulling his pants on again. "I'm going to grab Emia and meet you back in our bed room, okay...?" Lanister asked his palm gently brushing against her pale cheek. "We'll all be sleeping together tonight I think... Unless Nevayah had any objections, the male tainted would slip into his little girl's room, seeing her all curled up with the sheets seemingly thrown off her little form. With a sigh, he scooped her up in his arms, careful not to wake is little girl, but at this point, he didn't think anything could wake her up. Once in his room, Lanister would gently lay Emia down between he and Nevayah, having just enough space to lay comfortably on his side.

"Good night, my love..." Lanister coo'd before closing his eyes and attempting to sleep... Gods know he wouldn't forget this day...

Blink

Nevayah was happy the argument had been settled, both of the parents able to agree on a set of terms. Listening to his confession of missing her popping in on him from time to time at work. In truth it was almost impossible with the children. Even though they were full of plenty of energy, the trek back and forth always tuckered them out. Nodding at the fact Lanister wanted them all to sleep together Nevayah quietly snuck into their bedroom while Lanister was getting Emia. Grabbing one of her hardly used gowns to slip over her head after pulling off the rest of her clothing. Crawling into the bed next to Izayah she waited for Lanister to return with Emia.

Once they were all curled up together as a big happy family in their bed Nevayah snuggled her children. "Goodnight" she whispered before falling into a peaceful slumber.

The sun had just begun to shine through the window of the bedroom when Izayah opened his eyes. Sitting up in the bed he saw his mother on one side and father on the other accompanied by his sister Emia. The boy sat there for a moment as he stared at the sleeping face of his sister. He felt something in his chest turn as he thought of how distant he had been from her lately. He knew it was really bothering her, but it was for her own good. Izayah not only felt that he had to make himself stronger in order to protect her, but also wanted to keep himself from holding her back. He could not deny the power he saw her display that horrible evening weeks ago. In comparison to him she was a titan, a force that one day could do so many things.

Holding his small hand out he grabbed his sister's squeezing it just enough to not wake her up as he made a silent vow to always protect her. Removing his hand he crawled out of the bed as carefully as he could trying not to wake up his parents or his sister. Tiptoeing out of the room and closing the door behind him he ran to his room and changed into his normal pants and tunic. After that he ran into the living room and slipped his boots on before grabbing his sweater and sword that was still leaned against the wall from the night before. Opening the door the brisk morning air flushed his cheeks as he stepped outside, not looking back as he ran outside shutting the door behind him.

Nevayah opened her eyes at the sound of the door and knew immediately what was going on. Seeing the blank space where Izayah once was she reached over to Lanister placing a hand on his shoulder and shaking him gently to wake him up, if he wasn't already. According to their agreement last night they both decided it would be safer if Izayah had someone watching him while he practiced. No more going out on his own all day doing god knows what. Even though they both agreed it did not make it any easier and Nevayah was not going to be the one to break it to him. She had just barely gotten on good terms with him again and she would not shatter it all in one day. "Honey... Izayah is already up and out the door no doubt with his sword. You get to be the one to break the news to him.."

Leaning over Emia she planted a kiss on his cheek before laying back down snuggling her daughter who was most likely awake by now.

Meanwhile outside Izayah was swinging his sword around like he did most days, trying to get down the basics of his form. He had actually gotten pretty good on his own, no doubt from the countless hours spent practicing. His hands had begun to develop blisters from grasping the sword so tightly and he did a very good job at hiding them from his parents. He had only been a few minutes into swinging his sword around when he had to set it down, leaning it against the makeshift fence his parents had built for their goat. Sitting down in the grass he picked at his hands trying to pull off the dead skin around his blisters. He winced from the stinging sensation but refused to let himself cry, not like he would have before everything happened. If Lanister thought his argument with Nevayah the night before was bad... he had no idea what a full on brawl with their spawn would be like. Izayah was not going to take this news well.

Salzem

After everything that had went on last night, Lanister slept heavily alongside his daughter, just barely prompted into consciousness when Nevayah shook him awake. He groaned, unhappy that he was taken from his peaceful slumber so soon, tempted to just turn over and forget the disturbance... that was, until Nevayah remarked that Izayah was probably outside right now, practicing with his blade. Immediately, the former slave jerked up in his bed, immediately regretting that decision as all the blood rushed out of his skull, causing an intense bout of vertigo and forcing him to flop back down in his spot, trying to blink the stars out of his eyes. Noting that he should probably be out there to stop him, Nevayah placed a kiss on Lanister's cheek, causing him to look over at her and smile, returning the kiss, but this time on her lips, then placing on his sleeping daughter's cheek. This time, Lanister rose slowly, slipping on a pair of sweatpants and a thick shirt to ward him against the chill of the morning. The moment the door to the bedroom closed, Emia's eyes fluttered open, her sanguine eyes fluttering open, realizing that she was in the embrace of her mommy within in her bedroom. The little girl smiled and hugged her mother tightly, feeling nothing but comfortable in the embrace of her parent.

"Good morning, Mommy..." She murmured before letting out a big yawn, her eyes still droopy and still waking up. Little Emia's brown hair was wild, but not crazy, still as curly and straight down her back as it usually was, but a lot of stray hairs poked out every which way. The untidiness didn't seem to bother her though... In fact, she somewhat rebelled in it."Did you sleep well....?"

Lanister stepped out into the chilling (just) morning air, seeing his son stand over by the half-finished fence, picking at his hands. One day, the fence he was leaning up against wouldn't look like it was made from scrap, termite infested scraps.... One-day it might actually look like a fence... But Izayah really shouldn't be picking at his blisters like that... It would likely lead to infection and then where would they be?

"Best stop ripping those blisters open, Izayah." Lanister called, likely breaking his son of his concentration. "You'll get them infected and mommy will have to make a tonic just for you." He walked barefoot upon the fresh dew-laid grass of his land, making his way slowly as he adjusted to the im-POSSIBLY bright morning sun.

"Listen, Izayah. We need to talk." Lanister said, getting right to the point. He reached out and gestured for the sword in his son's possession. "This, my son, is not a toy, you know this?" he asked, taking the blade whether or not it was given. "This is very dangerous. It can hurt anyone one of us... but you are in the most danger. I do not believe you are ready to carry it." Before Izayah could say anything in protest, Lanister held up a hand, commanding him to stop dead in his speech before it even began. "You are young and you can barely hold it up, let alone swing this weapon safely. As a result, you may NOT touch this weapon unless mommy or I are watching you practice. No more getting up this early, and no more spending all day out here, is that understood?" He spoke with a sort of authority that compelled obedience, but more or less, this coming here and explaining this to him was more of a formality than it was a necessity. He knew JUST how much Izayah was like his mother and he also knew how (god-forsakenly) stubborn they could both be. If the little boy was about to start any trouble, Lanister was getting ready to shut it down with parent powers.

Blink

Izayah was jolted from his concentration by his father's voice. Simply pressing his lips together he pulled at the sleeves of his sweater to cover his hands a bit. As Lanister continued on about needing to talk and Izayah could tell that whatever it was about, he was not going to like, nothing good ever came from saying 'we need to talk'. He quickly found out the subject of the conversation as his father grabbed his sword from leaning against the fence. Instinctively he shot out one of his hands to grab it but his father was simply too quick. Lanister continued on about how it was not safe and he was not ready to handle it. Izayah took it as a full on insult and was about to speak up before his father held up his hand to silence him.

Only angered further by his father's speech Izayah continued to listen as he was told he was too young... too small. But what really tipped him over the edge was when he was informed that he could not practice anymore without his father or mother around. He did not care about the authoritative tone in his father's voice, driven by anger any sense of rationality was gone. "That's not fair daddy!" Izayah stood up from his position on the grass and made it very visible with his posture that he was upset. With arms straight down at his sides he stomped one of his feet. "You can't take it from me! It's mine not yours!" Crossing his arms in front of him he stared his father down, very upset with the man he normally idolized. "I will never get to practice! You are always gone and mommy does not know what she is doing!" Kicking at the grass with his little boot Izayah was clearly very upset.

Inside the house Nevayah was in the process of getting dressed as well as helping Emia out. The normal morning ritual had already begun of starting breakfast for her family, setting up the table, helping the kids (or one of them) get dressed before finally getting dressed herself. Nevayah could not help but peak out the window in the living room to watch what was unfolding outside. Crossing her arms she almost giggled when she saw Izayah cross his arms as well. Typical move that she often did, in fact realizing she was doing it then caused her to awkwardly lower her arms to her sides. "Good luck honey" she whispered to herself before turning back to what was going on inside.

Salzem

"Izayah!" Lanister growled over his son, his voice becoming forceful and angry at his child's continued defiance. The older tainted could understand why he might be angry, that he was getting his favorite toy restricted and effectively taken from him, but Lanister was afraid he was starting to see this thing as a toy. The moment he lost sight of how dangerous this thing was was the moment he would lose something important... Like an arm.

"You live in my house, under my rules. Everything you think is yours is ultimately mine. I just gave it to you. Until now, I have been lenient with you, son, but you will obey the rules. Now, I will be coming home at least an hour or two earlier than usual from now on and, if mommy isn't feeling up to watching you practice, I will set aside that time for for us and I'll even teach you a few new tricks. If you're unhappy with that arrangement, I'll simply make the sword disappear, and you won't practice with it at all." Lanister's glare seemed to be waiting for Izayah to continue protesting, pleading for the little boy to keep flapping his lips so Lanister could cut this problem out by the roots. The boy may have been as thick as a brick, but he wasn't stupid. He would very easily be able to see that his father would make good on that threat and make good on it with due haste. Lanister even had a plan in mind regarding on how to make the weapon disappear. He could probably resell the blade back at the smithy for a nice sack of gold pieces that would go a good long way to covering their debt. Still... he didn't want to go that far... unless Izayah made him.

"Now go inside. Mommy's making breakfast. When I get home today, I will ask mommy if you've been a good boy. If you haven't, I won't watch you train with your sword and you'll have to wait until tomorrow. Is that understood?"

Meanwhile, Emia and Nevayah had gotten up from their bed, the sweet little girl being helped out of her night-clothes and into her day-clothes by her mother. She always loved how nice mommy was.... She helped her put on her dresses... made her breakfast in the morning... It was all she could do not to obstruct Nevayah's path with hugs around her waist all day! Eventually, though, after following around her mother for a while, Emia would follow Nevayah's eyes out the window of the livingroom and out into the backyard where Izayah and daddy were... arguing...? They never argued before... It was almost as if the world was out of sync with the universe or something and Emia could just BARELY understand it. Izayah must have been really bad.... Reaching out, the little red-eyed girl would tug on her mommy's skirt gently to get her attention, arms raised, signalling she wanted to be held.

"Mommy...? What are daddy and bubby talking about...?"

Blink

Nevayah's attention was pulled away from the window by her daughter pulling at her skirt. Turning her head she listened as Emia spoke of her concern. "Oh honey.. Daddy and Bubby are talking about responsibility. We just want to make sure bubby is being safe with his sword." Reaching down she patted her innocent daughter on the head before looking back out the window. She could see Lanister's posture change to a bit more stern, and of course Izayah's had changed as well. Knowing that things were going to get worse before they got better Nevayah did not want Emia to see everything happen. "Emia sweety.... how about you go sit at the table for breakfast."

Outside tempers were beginning to flare as the argument was escalating. Izayah barely flinched when his father raised his voice at him. As Lanister went on about living in his house with his rules and then threatened to take the sword away indefinitely if he did not follow them. The rest of his statement was pretty much a blur as Izayah felt his very soul had been crushed. "You cant take my sword daddy!" Small tears began to well in the boys eyes as he tried his very best to remain strong. Rubbing at one of his eyes with a balled fist Izayah was clearly distraught by what was happening. The person he looked up to the most in the world threatening to take away the very thing he treasured most.

"Fine!" Izayah screamed before storming off towards the house. Just before reaching the door Izayah turned back one more time. "And I don't want to practice with you ever!" his final words before going in the house and slamming the door behind him. If Lanister had said anything to him he would simply ignore it continuing on his way inside. Once inside he ignored both his mother and his sister as he walked straight towards his room slamming the door shut behind him.

Nevayah stood speechless in the kitchen not really knowing what to do. Taking a moment to reflect on what she would want if she were feeling that way she decided to sit down at the table with her daughter. "Honey I know you may want to go comfort your bubby but I think he may just need a minute to calm down okay?" She sent a reassuring smile before scooping up some scrambled again and plopping it in her mouth.

In his bedroom Izayah immediately began pacing back and forth before coming to a final decision. He had convinced himself that he did not want to follow his daddy's rules and in turn, was going to run away. He didn't even leave a note behind as he squeezed himself out of the window in his bedroom and fell the the ground outside. The little boy was quite determined as he got right back up and began walking... err stomping away.

Salzem

Emia glanced between her mother, to the scene playing outside, running over to the table the moment she saw her brother coming. Izayah slammed open the door then slammed it closed, practically running back to their room and slamming that door shut too behind him. Emia stared, in complete shock, unsure of what to do, say... anything.... Never once did he ever see his brother so angry... It was better when he was ignoring them all with a cold front compared to this volcanic explosion of temper. Immediately, as siblings do, Emia started to get up from her seat to attend to Izayah when their mother stopped her, noting that bubby just needed some time to himself to cool off. One could tell from her expression, all she wanted to do was run in and hug her bubby and damn the consequences... she just wanted to hug him and make him feel better and be the good sister she had obviously neglected him from seeing. But mommy always knew best and she trusted her... The last thing she wanted was to make her best friend even angrier with her mere presence and so... she remained seated at the table, poking at her breakfast eggs with her fork, but without any of the gusto she shared with her father.

Lanister didn't even need to demand Izayah go to his room as he immediately stomped his way back into the house and back that way by his own accord. Being a parent, he should have had some iron-clad integrity or something that would have prevented him from feeling guilty at this moment, but the utter soul-breaking disgust on Izayah's little face struck Lanister in places in his heart he didn't even know he possessed. It was as if he had lost his little one right then and there, that he would never see his son smile again... The mere thought practically brought a tear to his eye but he refused to cry. He would not. This was all for Izayah's own good and he believed in what he was doing. He couldn't show a bit of parental weakness simply because his son didn't approve of his decision! ......And yet....

Lanister walked back in a couple minutes after Izayah stormed in, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand sheepishly, as if he had done something wrong.

"That could have gone better...." He muttered to himself before sitting down between his wife and his daughter, his sanguine eyes immediately falling on the empty chair and untouched plate beside his wife. Izayah's plate. He couldn't help but feel that something was very wrong... Call it parental instinct or intuition, but the mere fact that Izayah wasn't sharing his breakfast with them make the whole scene very incomplete... Especially after he didn't return from his room several minutes later. He was as stubborn as his mother, however, and he couldn't force him out of his room and demand he eat... that would have just been tyrannical... and he had been too much of a tyrant for one morning.

Emia stared at her father as he walked in and sat at the table beside her, the first thing she did being to jump out of her chair onto his lap, causing Lanister to gasp in surprise, then smile noticeably half-heartedly. The little girl got right up in Lanister's face, staring into his sanguine eyes with her own, her little hands on his shoulders, holding him steady as she tried to find something in there...

"Are you okay, daddy...?" She asked before plopping back down in his lap, wrapping her little arms around his torso in some kind of hug. The older tainted didn't respond for the longest time, just staring down into the adorable, but oddly wise face of his little 4 year old Emia.

"Yeah... of course..." He smiled before kissing her forehead lightly. "Everything's okay..." But Emia wasn't so sure...

Blink

Nevayah finished her dinner while trying to think of the best way to resolve the situation at hand. All she could do was think of what she would do or want in this situation. Obviously, she didn't quite have tantrums like this as a child but only because she was locked away. But then the memory hit her like a ton of bricks as she thought of how many times she just wanted to run away.

The silence from the room, the lack of either objects being thrown or gurgling sobs all a tell tale sign that something was wrong. Frozen in her place at the table she went from a mother who was simply deep in thought enjoying her breakfast to one who was deeply concerned. Without words she scooted her chair back from the table and walked over to the twins' bedroom. Cracking open the door her thoughts were confirmed as Izayah was nowhere in sight. Calmly she closed the door and tiptoed back over to the table, sitting down very slowly before looking to Lanister. "Honey... I don't think you will be going to work today." Grabbing her cup of warm mead she took a sip before shakily setting it back down on the the table.

"It appears Izayah has... well... he's gone." Nevayah was trying to seem as calm as possible for her daughter's sake. But she knew that Lanister was either going to blow his top or just simply kill him. Both not an ideal situation.

Izayah on the other hand was not regretting his decision at all. Having somehow finding himself on the path to town he walked with his head held high. He had already begun planning his life without his family. He would sign up for the military and become the best swordsman ever .. all at four years old. His plan was solid, no way it could possibly go wrong.

Salzem

Lanister watched as Nevayah went back into the twins' bedroom to check on their son, clearly just as concerned as he was that there was no noise of any kind emanating from in there. He would have felt more comfortable if he heard him screaming angrily or ripping up his space but this... deafening silence... it was something else. When Nevayah returned, he looked at her expectantly, as if requesting she report what she'd found and what she found was.... nothing... Izayah was nowhere to be seen... Not under his bed, not hiding... the room was vacant. His son had ran away. Oh, how easy it would have been to explode like cannon, to go off and swear up and down that his son was going to regret making them worry like this, putting himself in danger and so on, but Emia was sitting in his lap right now, looking up at him wide eyed and confused, not quite comprehending what it meant that he was gone. Very calmly, Lanister pushed himself away from the table and set Emia down beside him.

"Get your coat on, Emia." Lanister said, his voice obviously strained as he attempted to keep all his rage and fears from exploding outward, splattering everyone like a can of paint.

"Okay...." Emia whispered, clearly sensing the tension in the air before slipping back to their room to grab her jacket. The tainted glanced over at his wife, giving her a look that warned her Izayah would not be the same when he was done with him. The moment they found him, that little boy was in for the biggest, most god-slaying punishment he could possibly think of... Problem was, he still had to think of it. How could someone really, effectively punish a child for running away like that...? He didn't know, but he'd find a way. Emia returned a moment later, her eyes wide, her little heart thumping in her chest as she had done her own thorough investigation of their room, her search coming out just as empty. Her bubby really was gone... She couldn't believe it... He had left her here all alone, scared for him with no indication as to where he was going....

"Nevayah, please stay around the house in case he comes back." Lanister requested, the look on his face emphasizing how he REALLY didn't want to argue right now... Emia stood beside her father, her little brown jacket tucked over her form and Nevayah's scarf wrapped around her neck. Taking her hand (somewhat tightly), The enraged father set out in the direction of town, down the road to civilization, judging that was where he was headed.

"Dammit, Izayah...." Lanister kept muttering under his breath. Beneath that inferno of outrage and fear rested a heart frozen over with horror, a parent's heart that prayed to every conceivable god that his child was okay.... Oh gods.... Izayah.... where are you....

Blink

Realizing that Lanister was not in the mood argue Nevayah kept herself seated at the table. She herself was scared of what Lanister was going to do to little Izayah when he found him. After Emia and Lanister left Nevayah started cleaning up breakfast, then the entire house in an attempt to calm her nerves.

Izayah on the other hand was about ten minutes out when he heard his father's voice echo through the trees. The boy was about to turn back and admit he was wrong only because he was growing hungry, but the fear alone of how much trouble he was in instead caused him to walk off the path and hide behind a tree.

Standing there with his back against the tree the boy reflected on his poor decision and realized that maybe he was wrong. The footsteps of his father and little sister were now very close and Izayah had to decide then and there if he wanted to give himself away. So overtaken with emotion he came barreling out from behind the tree before falling to his knees a few feet in front of his father. "Daddy I am so sorry!"

Izayah's face twisted into that of a sobbing child as he lowered himself even further to the ground, almost bowing before his father. "I was a bad boy I'm sorry!"

Salzem

Emia and Lanister had been calling Izayah's name for nearly 10 minutes on their way down the road and the latter's fear was starting to show. The lack of responses of any kind was starting to wear down the facade Lanister had put on for both his own and his little girl's benefit. He was starting to worry that maybe he had decided to take a detour, that the road wasn't fast enough for him so he'd take the wooded route. If that was the case... He could hardly imagine it... He wouldn't... he had to hope and pray that his child hadn't been so  dumb...

And it seemed his prayers had been answered. Izayah came tumbling out of the woods, sobbing, throwing himself at Lanister's feet and begging for his forgiveness. Of course, before the astonished parent could react, Emia was already throwing herself at her brother, wrapping her arms around him and throwing him to the ground, tears of relief running down her face.

"Bubby..." She moaned, holding him tighter and tighter before both of them were scooped up by their father, holding them to his chest like this would be the last time he'd be able to. Tears of his own ran down his face as he held his stupid little boy in his arms, kissing his head and hugging him tightly, never wanting to let go again... And so he didn't...He carried both of his little ones all the way home with him... He made an effort to make it back to the house as quickly as he possibly could without running, not wanting to risk accidentally tripping and falling on his own, precious children. Making it back home in only half the time, Lanister set both of his little ones down and smiling at them softly. He then proceeded to flick Izayah in the head once... twice... three times, not stopping until he was satisfied.

"Don't EVER do that again!" He demanded, glaring down at the little boy. However, even Lanister's parental integrity couldn't hold back the grin he had been surpressing and he pulled the little boy back into his arms along with his little Emia, holding them for several moments before he was inevitably forced to let go...

"Go inside and apologize to mommy, Izayah..." Lanister said with a small smile, knowing just what kind of temper Nevayah would have in store for their son. "She really wants to see you..." Lanister would watch from outside as her little boy would walk in, waiting a good minute or two before following him in with Emia at his side, just happy that the family was back together.