Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A troublesome path to Connlaoth

Started by Vais, December 18, 2016, 05:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vais

"This foreign weather is a killer" Vaisravana muttered to himself while riding Red Hare, a very large rare Ferghana horse with a brownish red coat with red hair with the eyes of a demon. This warhorse was the result of breeding of the finest of warhorses from Tsou Chiou. Empress Sun had gifted this horse to him many years ago during his campaign to the south and has never failed him yet. Despite just being in Chai Sang only a month ago, Vaisravana missed his home and his daughters. He looked up towards the sky smirking, wondering if Wei Ling got herself in trouble as usual either getting drunk and making a mess or starting fights. He could only imagine Wei Xing hitting her head in disgust and with Wei Sun just looking the other way as if never happened.

"What will I do with those two? and to think one of those will be declared heir to the throne. Blamesty that is!"

Vaisravana looked back to the road seeing a long road still ahead. He couldn't believe his Lady was sending back to Connlaoth to meet with the Duke over some important business, the normal noble politics as usual. Normally this would be better suited for Wei Xing since she was basically bred for politics where as if Vaisravana was a warrior but even he learned eventually he would have to play with politics. Due to this long trip, Lady Wei Sun had him make the trip with a bith more servants, bringing an extra carriage with them for supplies and to carry the servants. He never knew why she was always worried about him since he could handle any normal bandit or assassin but he knew better not to question women logic in his eyes. Between him, there were three wagons or carriages carrying supplies and servants as well eight soldiers from the Dragon Guard in their dragon plate armor and there Kai Mai Daos. Vaisravana looked back and saw a woman in the rear.

"Who is that?.......right....I think I'll need a break soon"

From all this traveling, he almost completely forget his daughter, Xiao Wa had come with him since she was part of the Cavalry attachment of the Dragon Guard and she being young always wanted to see the outside world. Of course no one would dare mistake her for some simple noble girl, she was a warrior first most before anything and acted more like a man at war than any woman at home taking care of children. It be pretty awkward at times she only act like a woman or "girly" around him and her sisters, something he never understood.

WiseSage15

Bovil was enjoying his trip to Reajh so far. The beautiful design of each and every building along with the massive churches were really a sight to behold. Normally, Bovil would of chosen to use his glamour. But, in order to respect the laws and culture of Connlaoth, Bovil remained in his centaur form with his shirt on since it was a bit chilly. With his luck, a usual storm would be rolling around to bring down an onslaught of rain that would have Bovil rushing to get into the nearest inn that'd be able to accommodate the centaur.

Taking his eyes off the wonderful buildings for a moment, Bovil looking at all the people wandering around. While he would get some stares and glances as he walked by, but that didn't really bother him as much as it once had. He knew that they were weary of him and the magic he possessed, but as long as he didn't use his glamour ability, everything would be just fine.

Maybe later Bovil would go to one of the churches. Not to worship, but to simply admire the beautifully constructed building. For now though, Bovil was content with just walking around and taking the place in before going off anywhere specific. Maybe today would be a calm for the centaur, just another day of traveling and meeting new people. One could only hope, right?

Vais

upon riding on horseback for a few hours still on the stone highway, the group was beginning to grow tired of the journey, being on horseback for hours at a time was taxing on the body and mind and Vaisravana was no exception to this. While on their way, they noticed a cathedral of old, even by modern standards.  Vaisravana stopped Red Hare which in returned had everyone stop behind him. He simply gazed upon the beauty of the cathedral and treasured it's architecture that was beautiful in its own right. The Cathedral was old and it wasn't in it's greatest condition with some moss vines on its holy walls but it was far from being run down. Vaisravana raised his as he slightly turned his head back toward the group.

"Were going to take a break here for awhile! If were here long enough, We'll set up camp next to it and provide protection for it in return for resting on holy land. All hands are dismissed for now! report back in two hours!"

Vaisravana shouted out to the Dragon Guard and the  Servants, the group wasted no time parking the carriages on the side of the road and putting the horses into the small pasture next to an old stable next to the cathedral. Vaisravana slightly bent over to the right to look at Red Hare and looked into her eyes, he could tell she was tired. Red Hare was tough even for horse standards but she was still mortal after all.

"Don't worry girl, you deserve some rest as well"

Vaisravana muttered into her ear as he petted her head. With that he rode over to the pasture gate before getting off his mighty steed on her left before stretching a little, cracking his neck back and forth and stretching his arms up in the hair before opening the gate to the pasture to which Red Hare entered without question before laying down and presumably take a nap. Before he could do anything else of course, Xiao approached her father on horseback with a serious tone on her face

"Father why have we stopped moving? we should be able to push on"

Vaisravana simply sighed at his daugthers question which seemed to annoy her slightly.

"What? Isn't it important we reach the captial as soon as possible?"

Vaisravana looked back up at her

"This is not a military formation nor is it a forced march...Yes it is important we reach the captial but we don't need to be there an hour ago. I would say take it easy but that's not your fortai daughter, your much too like me when I was your age but there was civil war everywhere, now there's peace. If your going to take a break, then go scout ahead for...any trouble and eliminate them if needed"

"Yes my Lord!"

"Stop callin"

Before he could say anything, Xiao on top of Una raced down the road. Xiao took her work more seriously then anyone. He knew his daughter wanted to prove herself but he could never figure out why she pushes when she doesn't have to. he shook his head and sighed before walking over and entering the cathedral where he was greeted by a priest.

"Welcome my son, what are your intentions for this humble place?"

Without hesitation, Vaisravana spoke in a serious tone

"Worry not father for I am a chosen warrior of the Holy Light chosen by the will of heavens."

"Then go in peace my son"

"indeed father"

With that, he walked down the middle aile of the cathedral until he reached the middle of the central chamber with the alter in middle. He looked at Kusangi for a moment before drawing her and placing her on the alter before bowing on his right leg and drawing Izo with his right hand, holding the blade in his hand with the blade touching the ground before praying with Kusangi beginning to grow an aura around itself as Vaisravana contiuned his preyers.