Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Old Wounds, New Strengths [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, December 19, 2016, 09:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

She snorted, folding her arms and hunching her shoulders. "Okay? No. Can I do it? Sure." She shook her head and added softly, "It's just...seeing the drop, and knowing how little space there is between me and the edge."

She huffed. "I'm not afraid of heights...I'm afraid of the ground from heights."

Marakai Trin

Marakai smiled, and turned his head to face the path once more. "You're in for a treat, then. We've got to get above this storm. If you can keep your eyes open...above the clouds, it's beautiful. And I promise - if you fall, I'll catch you. All you have to do is sit still. You won't even have to hold on."

DragonSong

Tara swallowed thickly, but nodded. Must of her snippiness seemed to have left her, at least for the moment, and it was suddenly painfully obvious just how young she actually was, eyes still rather wide in a wan face.

"Alright, if you say so," she mumbled, shuffling along the path behind him.

Marakai Trin

Marakai looked over his shoulder. "Just trust me. You'll be fine...and here we are."

As they came around the mountain, the trail opened into a wide, flat ledge. It was still slightly narrow, but it would have to do.

"You may want to stand back - I don't want to hurt you on accident."

DragonSong

"Ah- okay." She backpedaled quickly. "Just...how fare back are we talking?"

How big was he going to get?

Marakai Trin

Marakai chuckled. "Honestly? Go back around the bend there. You'll know when you can come out safely." He grinned and crossed his arms. "Just put some stone between the two of us, and you'll be fine. This will only take a second."

DragonSong

Tara's eyes widened a bit and she nodded, backing up before ducking behind the bend he'd indicated.

She was doing her utmost not to look at the nearby drop.

Marakai Trin

[Once again, apologies, but I dislike writing out his transformations...]

From Tara's vantage point, nothing could be seen, but she would hear bones snapping, stretching, spreading, and resetting themselves as the large man underwent a drastic transformation. Loud creaking sounds, like that of stretching leather, would echo over the peaks.

Then a titanic roar would echo even louder, so loud that even the stones would rattle, dancing upon the rock they stood upon.

A fairly long, sinuous neck attached to a huge head crowned with many spikes peaked over the mountain, huge all-red eyes glowing like fire, would loom over Tara suddenly. Huge breaths of air would blow her clothes and hair about with each exhale, strong but not so much to cause her to lose her balance.

There, Tara. See me now as I am, truly.

The massive dragon, at a crouch, suddenly stood and from foot to back, he stood over forty feet tall, coated in armorlike, jet black scales. Huge wings spread out to a span of over one hundred fifty feet, blotting out the light. A great finned tail slapped the earth almost two hundred feet away, shaking the mountain.

I am Marakai. And I am the Prince of dragons.

DragonSong

Tara staggered back, slipped, and tried to grab for the rocks to prevent herself from falling. Her palms sliced open on jagged stone and she hissed in a sharp breath in pain, staring up at him.

She's seen dragons before, but she had to admit he was quite impressive.

Not that she would admit it. "Alright. Very nice," she muttered, trying to straighten up. "Can you stop your showboating so we can go?"

Marakai Trin

Marakai buffed, and a small jet of jet black flames escaped his nostrils. He then laughed, but in his current form it sounded like a grunt. You speak as if you are not impressed.. But to see you fall on your ass as you did says far more.

He lowered his great head, a couple spikes on his chin sinking into the stone as if it were wet clay.

Very well. Climb up behind my head, and you will find a soft space under my spikes. My head will block the wind. Climb up, and I will hand you my sword - I ask that you do not drop it. 

DragonSong

"Uh...sure. Okay."

Tara warily climbed up onto his neck, careful of the spikes that decorated his body. "Ooohhhh this is high," she mumbled, glancing down over his shoulder.

Marakai Trin

His mental voice echoed in her head, uncharacteristically gentle. I won't let you fall, Tara. And if you do happen to fall somehow, catching you will be quite easy. Please, don't worry.

His tail snaked back, flipping over the sword laying upon the ground and wrapping around it. It lifted easily, and that serpentine appendage came to gently deposit it, the hilt resting in her lap and the edge facing away from her.

This should be heavy enough to keep you in place. If it starts to slide, please let me know, and I will land.

(Please make sure all trays are in their upright and locked positions!)

DragonSong

[looool]

"Oookaaaay..." Tara rested one hand on the hilt and the other wrapped around one of his horns. "Ah- ready when you are, I guess."