Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Day to Rest. Maybe (DragonSong) (M)

Started by Marakai Trin, December 20, 2016, 01:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marakai Trin

The thumb of the hand on her stomach began to idly trace circles in the fabric of her dress, and he chuckled from behind her. "It's unavoidable, sometimes. Especially when Sleipnir's in a hurry. I could tell you some stories, believe me."

Almost as if he somehow knew of her resisted urge, he pushed himself forward with his feet in the stirrups, sliding closer to her to press his chest into her back. He pushed his heels into Sleipnir's side to indicate he should continue, and the Theocog didn't miss a step.

DragonSong

Her stomach tightened slightly and she shivered. "Diz," she warned quietly. "You are supposed to be on bed rest, for all I know. If you keep this up, not much of that is going to be happening tonight."

Marakai Trin

He blinked, actually unaware of the effect his touch was having on her. "Well...technically I'm just not supposed to seriously strain myself, but... Keep what up? I'm not actually doing anything...am I?"

Disgaua's voice sounded genuinely confused, but nonetheless he contented himself to simply rest his hand just above where her belly button should be, all movement of his hand ceasing.

DragonSong

Nyla glowered and grumbled something under her breath. "Nothing," she muttered. "If you don't know, I'm certainly not going to tell you." Her cheeks were very red, eyes a little too bright.

Marakai Trin

He knew what was happening, but he didn't know what he'd done to cause such a reaction beyond his simple touch. He made sure to store that information away for later

"Well...I know what I did...I just don't know how I did it." He chuckled slightly, and grinned behind her. He resumed the gentle caress with his thumb, and spoke directly into her ear.

"I'm not against losing sleep if you're not, though."

DragonSong

She hissed in a breath and the muscles in her stomach contracted again. "You're still healing," she grumbled, trying to keep a hold on herself.

Gods. Since when had she been so...sensitive? Was that a new thing? Or had she always been that way, and only now had occasion to realize it?

Marakai Trin

He chuckled, a  low, throaty sound in her ear.

"Your point? It didn't stop me before..." He looked toward the path ahead of them, and smiled when he saw just how far they still were from the city. He tugged lightly on the reins, and slowed Sleipnir to a canter.

He grinned wickedly as his hand shifted positions, raising higher on her body. "Besides, it's not as if I'm doing...this."

The palm of his hand brushed over the swell of her breast, lingering for a moment there before sliding back down.

"It's your fault for being so damned beautiful..."

DragonSong

Nyla squeaked, jumped a bit, then narrowed her eyes and twisted slightly to flower at him. "We are in public," she hissed, ignoring the act that no one was really around to see anything that might have happened. "What are you doing?"

Marakai Trin

He chuckled slightly, and placed his hand back on her stomach. "Relax, love. Public, yes, but so far from the city that no one could possibly see. Believe me, if we were close to the walls, I wouldn't dare be so bold." He tightened his hold on her and leaned forward against her, as much of a hug as he could manage without letting go of the reins.

"I'm sorry, I won't do it again. Promise."

DragonSong

"Hmph. You're lucky we're on a horse," she muttered, but she was smiling, just a bit. She moved her hands forward to twine her fingers through Sleipnir's mane, scratching lightly at the base of his neck.

Marakai Trin

"I suppose I am, aren't I?" He smiled and pressed a kiss to her neck, just as they were coming up on the gate.

The streets were now mostly deserted, most people either at home or just getting there. Sleipnir guided himself through the streets, taking them to the stable.

Diz slid out of the saddle, and went forward to open the gate to the stables.

"Can you guide him in?"

DragonSong

Nyla nodded and urged the horse forward gently, ten slipped off his back once he was mostly in his stall.

She gave him a pat and a few murmured praises, then slipped back out to Diz's side.

Marakai Trin

Diz shut the gate with a smile. "Thanks, buddy. I'll bring you a nice treat tomorrow." He reached over the gate as Sleipnir turned around, running his hand up and down his snout.

After a moment, he turned to Nyla with a smile. "Well, I'm not on a horse anymore. So what happens now?"

DragonSong

She jabbed him in his uninjured side, not hard enough to really hurt but with some force. Then she smiled and spun away. "Okay, I'm done. Let's go home."

Marakai Trin

Diz rubbed at his side, wincing slightly at the feel of her small knuckles digging it to his skin. It didn't really hurt, but it was a firm reminder not to fluster her....for now.

He grinned at her, putting an arm around her waist and leading her from the stable. "Home sounds good."

He looked up as they exited the building, noting the darkening sky, twilight quickly approaching.

DragonSong

"Mph." Nyla pressed closer to his side, easily fitting herself under his arm. She glanced around as they walked out onto the street and pressed just a little closer, unconsciously.

Marakai Trin

Diz smiled warmly as she pressed up against him, and he raised that arm to instead wrap it around her shoulders.

They had the streets to themselves, still, at least this particular thoroughfare. After a moment, he broke the silence. "So...where would you see us, when the war is done?"

DragonSong

"Oh." Nyla blinked. She hadn't been expecting the question, and she honestly didn't know how to answer it.

"I don't really know," she murmured. "Aside from my actual home, where I grew up was lovely..."

Marakai Trin

"What was it like?" he asked, glancing down at her from the corner of his eye. "I mean...your home. I grew up in the church, so...I never got to see much beyond the walls until I joined the ranks."

DragonSong

"The estate?" She frowned. "It was...cold. And empty. Not literally, but there was so much space, and not many of us lived there..."