Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hello, I'd Like to Play a Game (P)

Started by Salzem, December 20, 2016, 02:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salzem

It had taken several days and many different tactics but finally, Nevayah had convinced Lanister that the two of them should just go and take a vacation. Initially, of course, the tainted was completely object to the idea after the resurgence of the fat man in town and the possibility the faceless demon might be back, but through great determination and an... "interactive" and persuasive argument, he eventually caved, but only on the grounds they wouldn't be gone long. The pair had sent their kids off to Boss' place whom was more than happy to take them in. At this point, the two families have grown so close, they each practically considered the other part of their extended families. Having as little stuff necessary in their backpacks, Lanister and Nevayah made their way through the forests surrounding their home, forests well known for their elusive wildlife and soothing surrounding sounds. They decided to abstain from the road, rather, Nevayah decided, figuring that they might as well enjoy the scenery around them rather than walk the boring road. It wasn't as if he didn't trust his wife's sense of direction. After all, the town they were heading to was one she often rode to deliver her special tonics as she was expanding her business. Still... Lanister didn't like how... wide the space around him was... It made him feel uneasy... Ironic, to be sure, that someone who spent most of their life in chains or in a cage would find open spaces such as these threatening, but somehow Lanister's phobia managed to bypass the polarity. The fact anything could come from any direction, that they could easily take a wrong turn and lose their way, those were the reasons he was on edge. He knew that it wasn't any different on the road, that everything here applied there but... it just felt safer with a defined route.... Still, every time he looked over and saw his beautiful Nevayah's smiling face, he couldn't help but feel his anxieties dissipate, at least, for a few moments.

"Its a nice day outside." He noted, gently wrapping an arm around Nevayah's shoulders, quickly planting a kiss on her cheek before smiling impishly. "Birds are singing... flowers are blooming..." He let out a sigh as he allowed himself to relax a bit, resisting the compulsion to look over her shoulder again. "Thank you for convincing me to go with you... I'm glad we're getting some "alone-time"..." He smiled again before falling silent, listening to the crunch beneath their shoes. It was about half-an-hour into their walk and they were nearly half-way into their destination before the pair stopped beside a great oak-tree to take a short break, its sturdy trunk a pillar seemingly holding up the forest's vast ceiling. The forest tunneled away all around them, leaves and branches bending and shaping, seeming to make passages for the pair to lose themselves in... but perhaps that was just his imagination. Looking over at his lovely wife, Lanister reached over and placed a hand on Nevayah's cheek, his more toned skin gently caressing her's more fair and pale.

"You know something...?" He asked, drawing in close. "I find you absolutely irresistible right now..." Without missing a beat, Lanister placed a soft, delicate kiss upon Nevayah's lips, holding it there for several moments before pulling away, grinning suggestively. "And you keep getting more and more attractive... I'm jealous..."

Blink

Nevayah nodded as Lanister spoke of how nice it was outside placing an arm around her shoulder and kissing her cheek. He then went on thanking her for making him come away with her. But then he stopped them, just below an old oak tree for a rest. Blushing at his comment of her being irresistible she could not help but reciprocate the affection he was showing her with a kiss just as delicate as the one he placed upon her. Giggling she shoved him away for a second looking him over as well. "I think you my kind sir are mistaken. I am the one who should be jealous."

Wrinkling her nose at him playfully she reached down to pick up a broken branch before hopping back up holding it like a sword (even though it was a mere twig). "Arm yourself peasant so that I may taketh you down in a duel." Nevayah had even gone as far as lowering her voice almost too dramatically for effect. Except she didn't even wait for Lanister to react before chucking the twig at him and pulling her sack of her shoulder. "Or we could have a snack and get back on the road. I think I packed some dried deer meat in here somewhere." She then began rummaging through her pack full of god knows what, shifting through the items before eventually dumping it all out on the forest floor. "... or maybe I forgot."

Shoving everything back in her bag she left it on the ground before walking up to Lanister once more who was no doubt most likely still laughing at her idiocy. "I love this... its like we are kids again. Like before we moved to La'Marri, before we had children... before a lot of it. Just you and me except not joking around in a bunker but instead as just Nevayah and Lanister... lovers alone in a forest.... I would give anything to feel like this all the time." The last bit ringing more true than even she realized.

ValamLym

One eye opened, followed by the other, their vibrant pink light directed at the sky above. Amira had fallen asleep, as she always did after a meal, the corpses of the men and women who were unfortunate enough to have fallen within her trap long disposed of. Sitting upright, she looked down on the party below her chosen resting place, a great oak, easily dwarfing most of the other trees.

She woke up just in time to over hear part of the cringe inducing conversation, Lovers.. of-course.. she thought, rolling her pink eyes before eyeing back down. Luckily for them she was feeling particularly generous today. However, something about them seemed off.. No.. not the outfits.. she thought snickering to herself. Her eyes then narrowed, before forming her face into a broad smirk.

She promptly dropped herself down, hitting the space near the two lovers with a thud, dusting off her dress shortly after. ''aren't you two adorable.'' she spoke almost immediately, eyeing the man and then the woman ''What are you two doing here on your lonesome? don't you know this forest is a scary place.'' she smirked, fully aware that in fact normally it wasn't, but then again; she was there now wasn't she? that was enough to make heaven swap to hell if she felt particularly angry. '

She stretched herself before flicking her gaze to Nevayah ''I couldn't help but hear that you felt like a child again. That's just perfect!'' she clapped her hands together, swapping her gaze on either on them, showing no real indication of hostility. In-fact, to them, she no doubt just looked like a crazy woman. ''How about we play a game...''

Salzem

Lanister laughed and raised his arms, the twig bouncing off his limbs after Nevayah chucked it at him. Before he could retort with a twig of his own, Nevayah began rummaging around in the sack she had brought for a snack, claiming she had brought some venison with her for their trip. The tainted only snickered as his wife ended up dumping everything out of the bag, finding not even a sliver of the meat she thought she packed. After having stuffed her things back in her bag, Nevayah dropped it and walked back over to her husband, the former still chuckling at the absurdity of the situation. She very nearly pressed her chest against his with how close she had put herself, their lips only a few inches apart. She commented how she loved what they were doing, how she loved they were acting like years ago... Alone, joking, people in love without a care in the world, just happy to be together. Lanister couldn't have agreed more if he tried, gently wrapping an arm around Nevayah's back, gently pulling her closer to him.

"I don't know about 'all the time...'" he murmured, pecking her lips in a teasing manner. "But I know I can make THIS moment better right now..." He gently pressed his lips to hers, letting out a soft sigh as he shared his deep and unending love with his Nevayah. Before it could (and probably would) escalate from there, something dropped out of the tree above them, slamming between the two lovers and separating them. Lanister fell backwards with a yelp, falling on his but an inch or two away from the figure... a figure of a young woman... She was short, but very beautiful in her own way, wearing a soft dress and a sweet little smile, one that might have attracted anyone in... if it weren't for the already intense and unshakable love between Nevayah and Lanister. He stared silently at the woman as she commented on their "adorableness," asking what they were doing here in this forest.

"Nothing..." Lanister said, his cheeks flaring up, embarrassed to have someone barge in on their tender moment like that. "Nothing you need to know about."  He would walk around the girl and stand beside his sweet wife, flashing her a soft, loving gaze before turning his back to the lady sitting there on the forest floor. He had to wonder how long she was up there in that tree, watching them do their thing without a single noise. Now, she sat there on the ground, not making sense in her babbling but she never really sounded sinister until the last few words... How about we play a game... Immediately, Lanister was on the defensive, knowing well enough that lines like those only come from beings that intended to do them harm.... SPECIFICALLY from demons. He felt no demonic energies, however, and her tone did not change. She seemed to maintain her friendly (if creeplily so) persona throughout her speech, but Lanister was convinced that whoever this was.... she was here to have fun... at their expense.

Why can't you people leave us alone... Lanister thought as he got ready for whatever this creature had in mind. There was no real point in running... They weren't special like many of the other people who walked this earth. They couldn't out fight or outrun a demon like this...

Blink

Nevayah's bout of fun with her husband was short lived as a voice traveled from above. She could feel how Lanister's personality shifted as he picked up on something before she did. Then a woman came crashing down to the ground from the oak and stood up talking about playing a game. Something about this woman seemed off to Nevayah but she just could not quite place her finger on it. She seemed crazy but in no way hostile or a threat to them. Lanister on the other hand had other thoughts rolling through his mind.

"Actually I think we should get going... but nice to meet you." Nevayah smiled at the crazy woman before grabbing Lanister's hand and giving it a squeeze. All she could think of was that maybe they were jumping to conclusions but still she wanted to be safe. They were all so close to being safe forever only if Nevayah could get through this vacation in one piece. So close to the life they always wanted and it would no longer be a constant game of hide and seek.

(I know its short but XP)

ValamLym

Amira's gaze turned from friendly to displeased in an instant, as if she was looking at disobedient children, to a point; Nevayah and Lanister were just children to her, insignificant and toys to play with. But being cruel wasn't always fun, it was 9 to 10 times, but with these two she sensed an oddity and she would know what it was, it had to be skin deep, cause otherwise she would've picked up on its aura.

Slowly, black wings folded from her back and her previously attire was replaced with her Archangel outfit, her pink gaze fell on Lanister first, then on Nevayah. ''You must not know who I am.. If you did, you'd know better then to deny me my games.'' she stepped forward, her finger snapping. A black dome forming around the small open field. ''Nor are you going anywhere until I say so.'' she stepped toward Nevayah her hand shooting forward and coiling around the woman's throat before she could even react, squeezing hard enough to make her very uncomfortable but not to actually choke her ''Wouldn't want your beautiful wife to get hurt now would you?'' she squeezed a little harder, before dropping Nevayah.

''You two have something.. Something that made me curious. And we will test it.'' she clapped her hands together, smiling broadly. ''Now that we have that out of the way!'' she smirked devilishly ''How about that game?''

Salzem

Lanister's eyes widened as the girl snapped her fingers, a black dome forming around them, giving the tainteds nowhere to "leave" too. The little (if crazy) young woman was replaced with the visage of an intimidating arch angel, large black feathered wings stretching out from her shoulders and her clothes morphing into those more revealing. He could tell that the form she decided to take was to seduce, but also to instill fear, the tone the woman took being enough to emphasize both facts. Before the young tainted could even react, the angel's hand shot forward, wrapping her fingers around his wife's throat squeezing with just enough force to make her point, but not enough to actually make her choke. Still, this display of speed was enough for Lanister to know that this angel could end them before their blood could even be of any use to them and, for lack of a stronger word, Lanister really felt completely helpless for the first time...

"Please! Let her go!" Lanister begged, keeping his distance, but muscles tense, ready to run to his beloved the moment she was dropped. "W-we'll play your game!" Seemingly satisfied with his answer, the pink-eyed monster dropped Nevayah and Lanister immediately fell right by her side, holding her close to his chest and slowly inching away from the shorter woman. He stared at her in disbelief as he inched away, softly kissing Nevayah's cheek in some attempt to keep her calm and composed.

"Lets.... just do what she wants..." He whispered in her ear, holding her close, but tightly in case her anger had a bigger grip on her than he realized. This angel... if she wanted to end them... he hoped she would have done it by now, but knowing demons, whatever this being wanted, she could (and probably would) kill them once she was satisfied with their game... Lanister held his composure as best he could, however, knowing full well it was FAR better to gamble on odds with numbers higher than zero. Lanister hated that he had to do this at all... it would be stupid to ask why this always happened, why beings always did... this to them... Pain, suffering, stealing away their control and for what? Their blood? There HAD to be more potent substances out there! The hell did these people need them for? A quiet, silent rage bubbled behind his eyes, but also a very clear compliance. Nevayah knew as well as he that it was game OVER if they tried to resist... They couldn't afford it anymore... They had children waiting for them! Their little Izayah and Emia... They had to go by this creatures book...

"What do you want us to do...?" Lanister asked, looking at the angel with a resigned sigh.

Blink

Blink

Nevayah's attention was quickly turned from leaving to the woman who just had wings sprout out from her back. "Well this is going to be just lovely isn't it?" She knew immediately it was another being who wanted something from them. Listening to the woman speak she almost rolled her eyes but before she could her neck was snatched and finger's coiled around her throat. She didn't have much to say at the action, is was all something she had been through before... at least she wasn't squeezing well... until right before she dropped her.

Now on the ground she rubbed at her neck still glaring at the woman wanting to play a game. It killed her to see how upset Lanister had become at her becoming hurt.. it always had. "Of course..." was all she could say as she responded to Lanister's whisper of complying. She could tell at how he responded on what to do that he was also growing tired of all of this, solidifying the lingering question she had before even coming on this trip.

"I feel like this game is going to be more fun for you than for us..." and there she went again being sarcastic in a situation where it probably wouldn't help.

ValamLym

Amira simply smirked as she noted the tension within the woman, that just further confirmed to her that her game would prove extremely amusing today. Naturally, her idea of games involved death and destruction.. Whether these two would end up doing the dying or the destroying was entirely up to them. ''I'm glad to hear it! Of-course, this game is meant entirely for my amusement.'' she smirked ''And my amusement levels will determine whether you..'' her faced turned dead serious ''Make. It. Out. Alive.'' she spoke each word with pause and extra emphasis.

she clasped her hands together, her pink gazes shifting to either of them for a few moments. Looking for any traces of doubt or treachery. Of-course, she never really thought anyone could escape her clutches, but she still wanted to see hope rot away on her playthings. Finally she spoke again, although her stare was focused dead on Nevayah. ''So.. about my game.'' she simply began, her eyes still fixated on Nevayah ''I know about the power that courses in your veins. I do not yet know what it does, but that's what my game will determine.'' she smirked and flapped her wings several times, a surge of black feathers forming around the group, before they even knew it, they found themselves in a realm of Amira's making, this place was almost indistinguishable from the real world, it looked the same, felt the same.. the only difference was that Amira's rule was absolute.

The spot they found themselves in was different now though, so to the two it might've seemed like they've only teleported. After-all, this type of magic was almost exclusive to her kind. The two lovers found themselves in the middle of a busy market street, while Amira set on a nearby building, looking down on the two. But to the horror of the two, they would find their children(or copies thereof) sitting on either side of her. ''Ah.. parental love, such a mortal concept. So... futile.'' she ran a finger along Emia's chin, before reaching out and snapping her neck, the only sound she could make a soft squeak before  the limp body fell from the structure and onto the pavement below. ''Don't you find children so.. irritatingly fragile?'' she stood up kicking Izayah off the building, causing him to topple to his death screaming. If either parent tried to save him, Amira would let them.

Clapping her hands together she smirked once more. ''Of-course, that's not what your here for. The fragile balance of this world and its inhabitants are not things that concern you, no.. you care only about your own existence.'' she sounded almost accusing, referring to how mortals never stopped to think about what they did and despite how it may look, Amira did. Every move was calculated. Used to provoke emotional responses, arguments, or resistance. To what end? well, only the strong should survive in Amira's perfect world, a world that came closer to existing by every fleeting moment.

''Show me those powers of yours.'' she simply stated, gesturing at the people around them ''Kill them, or I will kill you.'' the people didn't seem to hear Amira speak so the threat was never acknowledged, but the two tainted could hear her perfectly fine. Her threat was of-course folly, the people here weren't real, but she wanted to keep both the tainted in the state that this world was still their own, they'd be very hard pressed to find any evidence otherwise, unless the death of their children had seemed impossible to them, then again; Amira had a nag for doing the impossible.

''Make sure to use your powers to do so.'' she looked away before suddenly turning her gaze back, as if she suddenly remembered something ''Oh! almost forgot, you'll be competing, I'll be keeping score. The winner lives, the loser dies.'' that too was a bluff, she had no intention of killing either of them, at-least not yet. But that was no reason to not try and see how quickly their lovely little relationship would fall apart under this kind of pressure, humans were selfish creatures by nature and Amira would see it even if it meant peeling back every layer of their soul.

The two might wonder why Amira would do such a thing, what she would gain. But that question had already been answered, all this was just an experiment to Amira. Testing people, toying with them finding out their breaking point. For Amira reveled in suffering, both emotional and physical.

''Let the game begin.''

Salzem

At this point in time, Lanister was hardly surprised the creepy little angelic-thing managed to find out about them. He would REALLY be surprised if someone supernatural DIDN'T come and threaten their lives at this point. Really, if they were to suddenly die, a sword cleaving through their necks from behind or arrows piercing their chests from above, that would be the end neither of them would really be expecting. Not only would it be an original attack on their lives, but gods be damned if Lanister wasn't looking forward to something new for a change. Whether it be demons, angels, or an insanely rich man who wanted to breed them for more blood, he and his wife were subjugated to this god-forsaken exercise because.... what... they were amusing? Such a thing might have enraged the young tainted blood were he back in Eyssrn, what with his view of the world being much smaller. Now? It only made him tired, lethargic, practically uncaring towards any threats towards his own, personal life. Why should he be otherwise, especially when it came to these supernatural beings? He only let out a sigh of contempt when the angel as she continued to build up her game, declaring that her amusement would determine whether or not they lived or died. Just. Like. The. Demon. Gods almighty, could someone capture them for... he didn't know... different purposes...? Perhaps hold them for ransom or something? Perhaps just because she didn't like his face. ANY REASON BEYOND THEIR BLOOD PLEASE! But no...

With a few flaps of her wings, the angel had transported them into the center of a city, people walking about in and out of sight as if they didn't see a pair of people drop in out of nowhere. Shocked, Lanister's hand immediately reached out and grabbed his wife's holding her's gently but firmly as his sanguine eyes scanned the shockingly normal surroundings for for the dark mistress. Eventually, much to his dismay, he had found her, his stomach growing sick as he saw her sitting atop a roof... with both their kids sitting beside, docile, unmoving or caring, obviously under the spell of the she-witch.

"DON'T!" Lanister roared at her, raising at her as if it would halt what happened next. Noting how fragile and futile parental love was, Amira leaned over and SNAPPED Emia's neck with one hand, only the tiniest squeak of pain escaping her lips before she fell limp, toppling over the side like the lifeless doll she now was. Lanister said nothing, staring in shock and loss as his little girl, his sweet, beautiful daughter Emia crashed into the ground face-first with a sickening crack, her head seeming to twist at an even more awkward angle on impact.

"IZAYAH!" Lanister screamed in horror as he sprinted towards his son as Amira shoved him, trying to shove his way through the crowd of people to get to him but there seemed to be always more, slowing him down. He leapt, dove, attempting to catch his little boy in his arms... *crack* Lanister was too slow and his son's back slammed into the earth, shattering his spine and smashing the back of his head on the road below... The male tainted crashed to the ground besides his fallen children, his arm ripping against the uneven and unpolished stones of the paved city roads. Slowly, as Lanister rose to his knees, blood began to drip from his arm, dripping onto the ground with a hiss like a thousand serpents.... Lanister heard not what Amira said afterwords, completely astonished by the death of his babies... He didn't feel the pain nor notice the dark red cloud forming from his blood hitting the earth, the acidic nature burning the ground and all it touched into mere goo... Lanister didn't notice as the men and women around them began to grow increasingly agitated with each-other, growing more and more aggressive, animistic, monstrous, before immediately flying into an uncontrollable rage, biting, ripping, clawing and one another in increasing ferocity, though they didn't seem to notice Nevayah yet.

The (now) only father took shaky breath after shaky breath as he stared into the blank, dead faces of his baby girl and boy, his eyes as dry as ever as he took each one of their hands in his. The only thing he noticed... was that Emia's blood was red.... Not her signature black. He stared at that little detail for a moment, unable to quite understand what he was seeing. Why was her blood red? Why-...... He looked up at the angel sitting quite content on her little roof-throne before staring back down at the corpses of his little-ones as if he had noticed nothing. The blood-soaked/crazed riot only escalated.

these weren't his babies... These weren't their children...

Blink

Her previous statement was only confirmed as Lanister grabbed her hand while they stood in a new place surrounded by people. She also looked up in horror as she saw what she initially thought were her two children sitting atop the building with that... wench. Not able to control herself she ran forwards as soon as the woman lifted a hand towards her daughter before snapping her neck. Nevayah even managed to scream out for her before the initial crack. "No!" she screamed falling to her knees, her heart seemingly snapping at the same moment the figment of her daughters did. But that was it... as soon as her 'daughter' fell over Nevayah knew the truth... this was not her child.

The blood bond she shared with her children would have been severed the moment the life drained from Emia's eyes if it were really her, but it wasn't. Even so the image itself hurt her at her very core, and Lanister's reaction did not help matters either. Now standing there frozen she felt stuck as she watched the image of her son now falling to the ground before smashing into the ground. She called for Lanister, but her call was more of a whisper than anything impossible for him to hear.

Still standing there tears seeped from her eyes and down her cheeks as she watched on in horror and listened to what more this dark angel had to say. It was all so clear now... there was no way she was getting out of this. Obviously the angel knew something was special about them but not what exactly it was or she probably would never have made such an ultimatum. Nevayah's blood could not kill even if she wanted it to, she was at a clear disadvantage. Once again she whispered Lanister's name as she now watched the blood spill from his arms. The people around her all attacking each other and ripping each other apart, a sight she had seen before.

The angel's rules played over and over again The winner lives... the loser dies. According to these rules Nevayah had lost before the game even began so instead she continued to stand there her eyes now set on Lanister. If these truly were going to be her final moments she would at least spend them staring into the eyes of the person she loved most in this world.

ValamLym

Amira reacted with an amused grin when the man screamed in terror when his offspring died. However, his attempt at saving the one falling was even more amusing, causing Amira to burst into wild laughter. Standing upright, she looked in amusement as he released the power of his blood, driving the folks in the town to tear each other's throats out. She then shifted her gaze to the woman, she seemed somewhat shocked but not enough to make the picture believable, she knew those two hadn't been real.

That wasn't fun..

She looked on for a moment as the men and women killed each other, promptly yawning. This was getting boring already, not to mention that the woman wasn't even trying. This aggravated her. Nobody cheated her out of her games, especially not pathetic mortals. She dropped down, the force of her landing cracking the soil beneath her feat. The cloud of toxins did encroach upon her, but she did not have lungs with which to inhale it, as such, it did little, causing her minor discomfort at most.

She stepped toward the two her expression as neutral as ever. She smiled briefly, before leaning down to come face to face with Lanister. ''This power of yours is cute at best..'' she simply stated ''I believe our bargain weighted upon this, but it seems you two are fine with dying.'' she then stood back up her eyes narrowing ''Perhaps your next of kin will prove to be better playmates.. what do you think?'' she turned her attention toward Neveyah.

''Perhaps it will do them good to.. watch.. you.. die.'' another step and her face almost touched Neveyah's ''Have I made myself clear?'' without waiting for an answer she flapped her wings, knocking the both of them to floor and sending herself back up on the roof. ''Now amuse me, or your entire blood line ends.''

As if commanded without a gesture, guards charged from the structures, clearly intend on making things more interesting for Lanister. They weren't immune to his power, but they had been made more resistant to it. Causing the power to need longer to fully take hold of their senses.

Salzem

Lanister got up as the the angel's dissatisfaction became clear, staggering over to his wife and wrapping his arms around her softly, gingerly as he placed a small, teary-eyed kiss upon her lips. Nothing that was going on here mattered... It didn't... it wasn't real! At least, that's what he told himself... but he still bled and everyone around him killed and died as if they were flesh and bone... He could even smell the blood on the ground, on his hands, in the air... But Lanister smiled, even as the guards stormed out of the gates. He gingerly placed his thumb and forefinger on Nevayah's chin, turning it upwards just a bit so that she now saw eye to beautiful eye with him. It was as if he had no concern about about the absolute chaos that was going on outside, about the guards cutting their way through the mass of crazed citizens just to get to them.

"Hey..." He murmured, kissing her cheek softly to get her attention. He took his good arm and softly brushed her black, wonderful hair out of her face as he gazed into it endearingly, lovingly, just the same way he had when they first met that fateful day. "I love you... So much..." And then, without another word, he placed the most intimate, loving kiss upon her lips that he'd ever done, surpassing the first night in the cellar by far and barely beating out that night in the chair. He pulled away just as the guards approached from Nevayah's back, smiling at her with more love than he ever seemed capable... Suddenly, the former slave pushed his wife out of the way as the lead guardsman brought down his sword in a cutting arch, the blade cutting through his chest easily as a crecent of blood exploded from it. As Lanister fell backwards, the arc of blood splashed across each of the man's armor, burning through it at a rapid pace. It ate their faces, their stomachs, their arms fell off as those were eaten through... all the while a hideous red cloud rose from their bodies as they screamed... then died there on the ground in bloody acidic pieces. Lanister, meanwhile, somehow managed to survive that fatal blow, on his back with his chest ripped open, blood eating through his shirt, his jacket, his pants, only adding to the massive cloud of red now forming into a fog.

Lanister hadn't forgotten the angel's promise to kill the loser, the one who killed the least... maybe that's why he did what he did... A life without Nevayah wasn't one worth living after all, right...? His vision was a blur of red as the fog of acidic death lay over the land like a blight, all within it now either melting away to sludge immediately, or driven mad as their armor melted into their flesh. The only ones seemingly unaffected were Nevayah... and the angel. He couldn't help but cough as his exposed lungs spat up a thick, chunky wad of... something covered in blood, possibly part of his lung. He felt the light sizzle as the ground began to melt away all around him, only adding to the thickness of the fog down below. No mortal being could survive the blight that infested this city... no magic could hold it back... Only the immunity of Nevayah kept her alive... and the godly essence within Amira. And Lanister smiled, despite everything, even as his organs lay exposed on the outside.

Blink

Nevayah was pulled from her trance as Lanister came up and wrapped his arms around her. It was moments... just like this that she lived for. Even as they both faced imminent death the two never staggered when it came to their love for one another. She stood silent as he placed a finger on her cheek before kissing her check and telling her how much he loved her. "I love you to" her voice but a whisper amongst all the madness going on around them. But then she was shoved and her body flew back as she watched on in horror.

There before her eyes she saw Lanister being practically sliced open like a fruit by one of the soldiers sent after them. She tried to keep up the same thoughts as when she saw Amira push the figment of her child off the building but this time it was different. Her blood bond with him made it feel as if she herself had been cut deeply. Still on the ground she brought a hand to her stomach and when she looked down there was no blood, only the pain that Lanister himself felt. This was real... this was actually happening.. Lanister was really dying.

As the bodies began to fall from the massive amount of Lanister's blood being sprayed all over there was a silence that followed. This silence however was short lived as Nevayah's screams broke it. "Lanister!" her voice a high pitched and curdled call of shear pain. Scrambling to her feet she sprinted to his side cradling his head in her hands. Even as his blood was everywhere and now covered Nevayah's hands it did not phase her in the least. "You idiot! Why did you do that!?" she wanted to hit him but knew even the slightest pressure could no doubt end his life.

Instead she looked up to the angel who was back on the rooftop watching it all go down. Gently she placed Lanister's head on the ground and she stood up acting as if her glare was enough alone to kill the angel. "How could you! This was unfair from the beginning!" she looked back at Lanister and the hatred in her heart only intensified. "Your so stupid!" lifting an arm she held out the bottom of her wrist trying to visually show the angel the blood that pulsed below her skin. "This game was a failure from the moment you said the one who kills the most wins! If you knew anything you stupid wench with feathers you would know that not all Tainted's are weapons!" From there Nevayah spat at the ground wishing she could do the same to the angels face.

ValamLym

Amira smirked as the town grew quiet the stench of death corroding the very pavement of the roads that crossed the city. Her face soon turned to annoyance when she saw Lanister had fallen heroicly protecting his wife. It... disgusted her... angered her.

Neveyah only solidified that further with her remarks. Within seconds Amira was upon them both her hand clenched around Neveyah's throat and her foot on Lanister's leg. :"Miserable little ant, you are nothing but dust fit only to be brushed from my back." her foot was lifted and in an instant buried itself in Lanister's exsposed insides, forcing his intenstines back into his body but also sending him flying into a nearby structure killing him instantly.

"Your lives are meaningless your love, even less." she took Neveyah and smacked her face first into the ground placing a boot on her head "You are toys for me to break as I please." she twisted her foot forcing Neveyahs face harder against the pavement.

She then walked over to Lanisters life less body plucking his soul from his remains "I decide when you die." she then slammed it back into his body and using her unholy magic restored it,  only to grab him by the neck as his eyes opened once more "Let me teach you pain." she spoke softly, almost in a hushed whisper.

She took him by his head and dragged him face down across the pavement, a trail of blood forming, she then healed him again, but the pain would continue. Grabbing him by his chin she reached out with her other hand, gloved fingers burying into his eye sockets forcefully plucking them out and throwing them toward Neveyah.

"I will break your lover a thousand times over after I am through with you.." she spoke to lanister before healing him again, she wanted him to see what came next. Throwing him on the ground she sat down beside him taking his leg and forcefully tearing it off, only to start bashing his head in with it. A flurry of bone and blood was what Neveyah saw until Amira finally stopped, only a gorged pile of blood remaining of Lanister. Then, she healed him again and sat the no doubt mortified man up against the wall, before burying her knee in his face with such a force his head popped like a grape... then healed him again. Amira continued this for minutes, destroying him and then healing him again.

She eventually grew bored, her frame covered in his blood. Eventually her magic set in cleaning her once more. Leaving Lanister who was now again fully healed, at least physically she walked toward Neveyah picking her up by her throat once more."Cry.. weep... scream! Fear my wrath you little shit!" She smashed Neveyah into the pavement before punting her across the street sending her crashing through several market stalls "You will learn to respect my power. To fear me!" flying toward Neveyah she picked her up and darted into the sky, before simply dropping her from miles high, letting her feel the fear of falling to ones death.

She waited for Neveyah to fall, to splatter her innards on the  market grounds before flying down and restoring her, making sure her lover had seen it all. Heaving heavily Amira seemed to finally have spend her rage, muscles calming down and her stance returning to normal.

She promptly turned, falling back and sitting down on what remained of one of the market stalls. "Have I made myself clear? I would certainly hope so."

Salzem

"Is....... it not....... obvious.....?" Lanister gurgled in response to Nevayah's ever fading question. "I th..... thought w-we knew..... each-other..... better....." By the time Amira had landed between them, Lanister's vision had already gone dark. Whatever sensations in his leg the angel had inflicted were merely ghosts now, hardly detectable to the dying tainted-blood. He could not hear her threats nor her insults and barely registered her foot plunging into his guts, a sensation that was..... strange to say the least. With a spray of blood washing up over Amira's leg, Lanister flew back into one of the (barely) intact structures, slamming into the the rock foundation so hard, it cracked, shattering Lanister's spine (as well as whatever bones left intact) and killing him on impact. The young tainted floated about in a bed of darkness for what seemed like an eternity, peacefully drifting in what must have been purgatory. It was silent... soft... like laying on a cloud... Some people feared death because it meant the end of everything in life but Lanister felt no real fear now... it was... calm...

And then, it was taken from him in an instant. Lanister's chest began rising and falling once more as the angel's twisted, perverted magics sunk his soul back down into his body, forcing it to take root once more as the damage done by her previous attack healed just within manageable levels. As his eyes fluttered open once again, he felt the iron grip of the evil creature's fingers on his neck, practically crushing it once more as she declared that she would teach him pain. Yeah... whatever...

Tough thoughts from someone like him, having his entire face ground into the earth, ripped shattered, a bloody smear that seared a long line into the ground behind him. Before he could drift back into that peaceful dark, he found that he was still alive, his face blistered and battered, but healed nonetheless. This time, when he opened his eyes, they were ripped straight from his skull like grapes from a vine, the agony impossible to describe as the boy yelled out in shock and pain. He thrashed about in the grip of the being, clutching at his destroyed face, acidic pools of red seeping from his skull... He couldn't see, he couldn't think... the pain blocked it all out. There was only a debilitating blackness and the pits of anguish that used to be his eye-sockets. In his writhing pain, Lanister didn't even notice as the angel forced him to the ground, but he suddenly went silent as she ripped off his leg. Between that and the loss of his eyes, He was dead before Amira even swung her first blow, returning to the ether of eternal dark. There Lanister floated, dead and gone again, clutching at the face he no longer had in shock, the memories of the agony floating through his mind. If he had a body, he would be quivering, shaking, wanting to die again and start over.... and it seemed he was getting exactly what he wished for. He opened his eyes again, his expression frustrated, starting to HATE the mortal senses that came with life. The angel pressed him up against a wall, planting her knee upon his cheek and Lanister didn't even bother to resist. He only stared at her silently, knowing exactly what was coming: Pain, then death. The hell did he care anymore if this was going to keep happening? And, as if hearing his thoughts, Amira increased the pressure, smashing his skull open like an egg. And then again. And again... and again... Over and over, in and out of the ether, over and over Lanister died and returned, died and returned, each time he only stared at the demon-woman blankly, his blood now soaking and drying around the majority of her evil form. It was as if his memories were slowly being replace by pain and death... everything else being shove to the side to make room... Amira could kill him all day, but he was slowly dying on the inside after each blow.

Lanister awoke again in this hell, slumped up against a liquified wall, unable to see through the acidic mist that surrounded them all. He could only listen as the angel claimed high above that they would cry, weep and scream, that they would fear her wrath... And suddenly, landing just in front of him, Nevayah slammed into the ground, her blood splashing all over him.... He felt his blood-bond with her shatter and with it, his own being... Amira may have broken his body, but now she had shattered his spirit... He stared at the corpse in front of him, broken, mutilated, as dead as one could be... before her body re-materialized, healed right there on the ground, but he still felt as empty as ever. She had died.... he had died.... their blood-bond was broken and he felt so alone... even if she was sitting right there in front of him, there may as well have been a world's distance away... Lanister didn't say a word as the angel asked if she made herself clear, wrapping his arms around himself and shaking profusely.

Blink

She should have known that speaking to the angel in that way would only further her anger. Within minutes the angel was in front of her with a hand tightly around her throat. The angel told her she was nothing... insignificant. Then she buried her foot in Lanister's gut forcing the once exposed innards back inside and sending him flying into what used to be a building. The moment his body hit Nevayah felt it in her own gut and caused her to scream out in pain. She felt him die... she felt her heart break. Before she could even say anything else the angel slammed her into the pavement and placed a boot on her skull.

Nevayah tried to push against the brute force but it was simply too much as she felt the bones in her cranium begin to give. Then the pressure was lifted and she was left there to watch those same boots walk towards Lanister's dead body. She would have screamed if she could, she would have gotten up and tried to stop the angel, but it was all just impossible. Watching she saw his face dragged across the pavement causing her own face to share the pain. Between gurgled cries filled with blood she managed to at least halfway lift an arm to try and reach him only to fail. Then the angel plunged her fingers into his eyes and it felt as if her own eyes were burst.

After a while Nevayah caught on that screams were pointless, she was dying and soon she would be done with all of this. Her only regret being that she did not get to say goodbye to Emia and Izayah. The angel then threw Lanister down and ripped away his leg before beating him with it, by now Nevayah had closed her eyes in an attempt to erase what was happening in front of her. The pain she felt was worse than anything she had experienced before. Nothing compared to the sound of your own blood pooling around you ears and dripping down your head into your eyes.

Moments passed as Nevayah tried to escape into her mind before she opened her eyes to see the angel's grasp around her neck once more. She told her to cry and scream and to be afraid, too late she already had. Then she was smashed into the pavement once more and kicked across the market crashing through structures along the way. No one blow hurt the most, by now it was all just one big never ending world of hurt. Just when she thought that maybe the angel was bored she was picked up and flown several feet in the sky, her body already limp before reaching the highest point. And then her body dropped and Nevayah embraced the sight of the pavement growing closer and closer before... darkness.

The dark end lasted what seemed for forever when in reality it was only minutes. The angel had brought her back to life just as she had Lanister time and time again. Except Nevayah did not smile when she realized she was returned to a now healed body but instead she wept doubling over and grabbing at her chest. She thought only moments ago that what was happening was the worst pain ever... but that was before her blood bond was broken. The empty space in her chest hurt more than anything ever could and she hated it.

Looking over she could see the angel sitting there asking if she had made herself clear while Lanister simply sat there like a scared puppy.

Nevayah on the other hand had another way of coping with the pain. She was not silent as her screams once again rang out displaying just how much pain she truly was in. She couldn't confirm or deny that the angel had broken her, but one thing was for sure and that it was the angel that had taken the one thing in this world she treasured more than her children and that was the heart to heart blood to blood bond she had with Lanister.

ValamLym

Amira smirked from ear to ear as Neveyah let her fake world know her anguished screams. But Amira wasn't done, was she ever? an angel of supreme power with too much time on her hands, she LIVED for this. To break, destroy and take from the mortals. Why? because it amuses her. ''I can hear you understand.'' she spoke plainly, Neveyah's screams not even bothering in the slightest, they amused her. ''I wanted to play my games, put you back in your city.. And leave you be.'' she laughed loudly ''And now look what you made me do? Perhaps next time you will be more respectful to me.'' she got up walking over to Neveyah, placing a gloved hand on her mouth to silence her screams ''Be still my little dove, I have only just begun.'' a smirk, so full of evil intent that even in this realm birds flew away in terror, the sheer dark magic pouring from Amira in that moment felt by all.

''You mortals are so easily broken... beat them a little, break a few bones.. Make them watch their lovers suffer.. It is all so easy. You know, breaking an immortal takes years. We don't feel pain as easily and we just don't know when to quit.'' she smirked at the last bit, obviously referring to herself ''But why should we quit? why should I quit? you're nothing, who cares if I end your life? who will care? your loved ones? PATHETIC.'' she spat on the ground, but placed a hand on Neveyah's cheek gently. ''Why are you in love with such a weak man? Throwing his life away like this is some childs fantasy book.'' she smirked once more not waiting for an answer as she simply got back up.

''Now, collect yourselves. The lives of your children are still at stake... Or did I forget to mention that? Silly me..'' she promptly sat down in her previous position and crossed her legs, waiting for the two to collect themselves.

This had better not take long..

Salzem

Lanister didn't bother to listen to the angel's criticisms... All he could think about was Nevayah and how far removed they really were from each-other now... Her screams... her wails of agony and loss... they cut the young tainted down to his very core. His other half was out there, all alone, scared out of her mind and just as battered as he was... Even though Lanister was crippled, scared and hollow... Neveyah's pain motivated him to move... He wouldn't let them remain separated like this... he couldn't... They weren't two separate beings anymore in a sense.... The moment they had first shared their blood together, it was like sharing their hearts, their minds and their souls... He was hers and she was his and he wasn't going to let them both remain lost... As the dark angel requested they collect themselves, Lanister crawled his way over to Nevayah's position, navigating the toxic, rancid red fog by sound alone. It wasn't long until he found her, screaming, crying, tears running down her face and effectively making them fall harder down his too... He reached out an arm, wrapping his sweet, sweet Nevayah in his arms, curling up with her as they sat together, biting his lip until it bled. Without a word or even a noise, Lanister kissed his beautiful wife, wrapping an arm around her back and another behind her head.

The sharing of blood between two tainteds was a very intimate process indeed, the effective equivalent of sex or... other acts on that level. Even if Nevayah didn't bite her own lip to spill her blood, the acidic qualities of his would eat through hers soon enough and their blood would be shared regardless, no more damage done besides the initial burn. As their blood mixed and shifted owners, so too did their memories, their emotions... their intense love for one another... It all reignited with such majesty, such power, it seemed as if their long time alone was nothing by comparison. He felt his lust for her, his love for the family they had built... the care for everything that they were together spring back to life once again... In a matter of moments, they were made whole, two halves became one and soothed the agony in their hearts. It had only been a few minutes at most but GODS did he miss her... Words nor actions could effectively describe the relief that flooded through Lanister as he held his love close, pressing his lips against hers for all it was worth. His eyes closed in that moment of passion, not even needing to see her to know she was there... he could feel her... Even though it was the last thing he wanted to do, the young tainted pulled away just the tiniest bit to catch his breath, smiling the widest he could under these hellish circumstances. She was so beautiful... He held her face with both hands before kissing her forehead softly and pulling her into a hug... They were together again.... and that's all that seemed to matter...

"I love you..." He whispered, holding her against him as tightly as he could. "I love you, I love you I love you...." If Amira couldn't see it by now, she hadn't been around long enough around beings such as they. This was their way of collecting themselves, of becoming stable enough to be shattered again and it was likely that Amira knew it. She could kill them all day, threaten their children to any extreme, but she couldn't break them any worse than she had when their blood-bond broke... Lanister had become completely dependent on his wife, of her presence, of her blood... of their bond that without it... he simply cannot function... He'd be an automaton, crude replica of a man and that was simply no fun to torture. She couldn't be sadistic with a golem or a statue.

Tags: