Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hello, I'd Like to Play a Game (P)

Started by Salzem, December 20, 2016, 02:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

Nevayah had been so busy wailing at first, she didn't notice Lanister crawling towards her. When he wrapped his arms around her it silenced her screams. This was as close as she could be with him now and even somehow that felt empty. She could no longer feel the blood pulsing through his body or the love he felt for her in his heart. In its place as she felt was cold and empty, as if her own heart had stopped beating. But then she saw him bite his lip and she immediately knew what he was about to do.

Just as his lips were about to touch hers she turned her head causing him to kiss her cheek instead. "No.." she whispered trying to hide as much regret in her voice as possible. It would be all too easy to restore their blood bond right now and feel complete again but the angel's words were still ringing true in the back of her mind. If she kissed him now it would only infuriate the angel. How many more times would she kill them just on that basis alone? How many more times could Nevayah withstand having her heart ripped away repeatedly before she retreated within herself like she used to?

Looking to the angel past Lanister's body against hers she pushed him back away letting her hand touch his cheek before standing up. This woman had not only proven she could kill them with nothing more than a blink of an eye but she had threatened their children. Nevayah wouldn't put their lives at risk simply because of pride.

"I will play your game but before I do you should know asking me to kill is a request I could not complete even if I wanted to. My blood is meant to heal and strengthen both mortal and immortal beings. It does not kill in the slightest bit. And my fighting skills are equivalent to that of a fish." She was letting it all out there to hopefully even the odds in her game. Although based on what she had seen from this angel she probably wouldn't even care.

ValamLym

Amira narrowed her eyes as she saw Lanister crawl toward his beloved, the fog might have obscured his vision, but it did nothing to the eyes of an immortal like herself. Noting how he attempted to kiss his beloved only to be rejected, amused the angel. Then again, she wasn't gullible enough to believe it was a rejection purely out of spite, it was one because the woman had thought to have figured out what triggered the angels wrath. She wasn't entirely wrong, but part of her wrath came forth out of the fact that she simply enjoyed beating lovers to a pulp, even though she herself had a lover. But Jaela was different wasn't she? smarter, less gullible.. perfect. These two were annoying at most.

When the woman spoke Amira simply smirked, violet eyes fixated on hers ''I do not care how you go about killing.. But I suppose I can be a generous host.'' getting up, she flicked her finger, resetting the entire village, people once more filling the streets and lanister's fog gone. ''You will play again.'' she simply stated ''Without your blood this time.'' she then eyed Nevayah again ''Save for you, I want you to heal the ones he strikes down. Show me that power of yours.''

Salzem

Lanister was thoroughly surprised Nevayah would avoid rejoining him in blood, especially with them having to witness their own deaths repeatedly like this... He expected her to embrace him willingly, that they would become one and face their doom like the tainteds that they were. Instead... Lanister was left with a hollow confusion as his lips pressed against her cheek. He stared at her, his eyes numb, questioning, peering through the red shroud of hell at Nevayah's regret-concentrated face. Heh... she never really was a great liar. He knew how badly she wanted to be with him again, but, for some reason beyond his understanding, she had decided to remain in that empty-shell of an existence that was individuality. Normally, he wouldn't need to say anything... No need to ask why or how or anything like that when you could understand... feel the impact behind each moment along side them as if they shared your life. Normally, Lanister would be able to comprehend what was going through her head and readily go along with whatever plan she had in place because he KNEW what she was thinking. All he had now was himself and his own haunting uncertainty... Uncertainty that made him doubt Nevayah's decisions and his own. He didn't know up from down, sky from dirt, hell from heaven in this blood-scented plane that was their world... He didn't understand why the world shifted and contorted back to that place in time where they were first transported, the people coming back to life, walking and talking, joking and smiling like they were once before.

Acting on impulse, those taking the place where his understanding did no longer, Lanister acted on the commands of the angel, pulling out his three-barrel flintlock revolver just a as a man bumped into him, Lanister's shoulder slamming into his side painfully. The guy seemed confused at first, angry a moment later, but that too melted away when he saw the look on the younger man's face. It was... something not easily described and identified in the wake of the moment. Lanister's face seemed.... bitter? But also strangely confused as if he didn't know exactly why he felt this way... It was as if he woke up one morning and fully realized his emotional state, but did absolutely nothing to stop feeling this way. He simply went on with his day, a silent observer to his own pointed expressions, piecing together it's significance through observation of action.

"H-hey buddy..." The man asked, his eyes flicking from Lanister's face, unable to hold his gaze. "Are you doing okay...?" Without a word, Lanister's arm curved upward, placing all three barrels of the gun against the far left of his upper chest and pulled the trigger. The iron ball tore through the man's shoulder-blade and upper rib without a hint of slowing down, hitting the next person behind him, a woman, striking her in her upper shoulder-socket, throwing them both to the ground. It seemed the bullet had struck the wall of a nearby shop before the *crack* of the gun going off erupted throughout this fake little world. It took a certain kind of person to look into something that looked, smelled, sounded and thought like a human and then critically injure it with a mere flick of a finger. He could feel the impact of the gun radiate through his arm and down into the core of his body, but around the hollow hole in his chest where Nevayah once rested. That part of him remained undisturbed, cold, windy... If one could see a physical manifestation of these feelings, one could see a gaping maw in the center of his chest with a heart in the center, beating it's rhythmic beat as it hung from the arteries that held it there. Lanister understood why he felt like this, so hollow and rhythmic, robotic, inhuman and the reason was sitting there atop a building roof, watching over them with an expression of the slightest bemusement like a god bored with her subjects.

He thoroughly believed she thought she was a god, perhaps all powerful on top of that. After all, this was her world that she can reset at will, bring them back to life and such and do it all over again... There atop that roof WAS a god, a divine being of ultimate power compared to them mortals and she was a perverse, violated, embodiment of consumption on the most incorporeal of levels. If she was anything but, there would be no reason to bring them to a place where she has 100% control when 99% was all but available on the outside. Here, she could feast on their pain until she was ultimately satisfied, spitting out new life as if it were their devoured, mangled flesh, molding it back onto their gnawed bones and, just like with regurgitated remains, getting less out of it each time. One might ask why she chose them, why she decided to torture and slowly eat them when there were literally millions of other beings out there for her to amuse herself with... But why ask that when the answer was in the possession of a god? Gods don't tell their secrets for only 2 reasons: Mortals can't understand or they like to keep it a secret for their own reasons. In this case, it was likely both. Lanister understood in that moment of command, that moment of scared hopelessness and loneliness that resistance REALLY WAS futile and that there was no real point in doing anything because, with a creature like this, no one could trust her to keep her word. She may well indeed kill their kids the moment she's done here or end her bloody game and leave their husks to make sense of her unholy presence, but it doesn't ultimately matter. In that world, they at least had one card in their favor but in this one, Amira held the whole deck.

Lanister waited for Nevayah to scramble to the aid of the fallen human-mockeries, or rather, humans, for her to fulfill her role in this god-(forsaken)ordained game. Those were the rules after all... A player turned piece, Lanister systematically, rhythmically, with only minor stops for target-choice shot down one person after another. He'd stop after every couple of people, letting Nevayah do her work, careful to make every shot as non-fatal as he could make it. What mattered anymore if death had no consequence, if life was given and taken at the behest of a demented lord? What really mattered when he was split in two and wasting away?

Blink

Nevayah nodded at the angels request. 'Oh ill show you all right' the thought creeping up in the back of her mind. Lanister's attitude now though was concerning to say the least. She knew it was because he felt similair to her, a gaping hole in his chest. Nevayah though for a long time acted without emotion long before she met him, she would simply just have to revisit that state of mind once more to continue.

As if on cue the people began flooding the street once more and this time there was a set plan. Lanister would kill and she would heal them to the best of her abilities. However, Nevayah was used to healing one or two people in a day, not several. Standing there waiting for  Lanister to begin slaughtering Nevayah reached down and with only the tips of her fingers ripped at the flesh on her wrist causing a more than worthy wound. If he should look at her for even only a moment he would notice how her eyes reflected that of the Nevayah he first met, a shell of a girl.

One by one Nevayah would approach the fallen and cause some of her blood to drip into their mouths. For those more mortally wounded she would take her wound and wipe it directly where Lanister had cut them down. And so this was how it would go on, as he knocked them down she would bring them back up. Except, with Nevayah's blood in their systems the 'humans' that had once fallen would rise stronger, faster... more empowered.

ValamLym

At first Amira was overjoyed at their willingness to reject one another and force themselves to continue. But with time, a few minutes to be exact she already started to grow bored. They were proving somewhat dull, un-inspired and their powers mundane at best. She had hoped to discover that they could do something she couldn't, but that was not the case. Lowly mortals, would always stay lowly mortals.

However, that did not mean she was done with them. Was she ever? if anything she never tired of breaking people, causing them intense suffering. But how could she damage them further? what could break them up into tiny pieces? She finally got up and wove her hand, as if commanded, the realm froze. The two would still be able to move, but everything else stopped being intractable.

''Your powers bore me.. But I suppose I should have expected that.'' she stepped closer, pulling momentarily at one of her gloves ''I admit I did hope you would surprise me.. But you remember our deal right?'' she smiled ''Entertain me.. Or die.'' she took another step, until she was right in front of Neveyah.

''Who should die first? Your children? your husband? or you?'' Amira had no intention of killing anyone, but that was impossible to discern from her way of speech or face, she was an excellent liar, false hope or false despair, she could instill both with mere words. ''Or perhaps I should kill three.. And let one live? to enjoy the emptiness of their lives..'' she petted Neveyah on the head ''what do you say?''

Salzem

As they brutalized and revived Amira's humans, Nevayah's and Lanister's eyes crossed from time to time... The looks they shared were so lifeless, so inherently dead that one might've thought that they were nothing more than walking corpses under the angel's command. With all the enthusiasm of a primeval construct, the two tainted-bloods carried out the command of the far superior being without question, without hesitation, without any detectable remorse throughout their bodies. People fell and rose before them back to back, as the holes Lanister carved into them with his bullets magically healed up as his wife applied her blood. None of them got up to retaliate for their actions however, the energy provided by Nevayah's blood only giving them enough to keep them all breathing. They must've carved their way through at least a fifth pf this massive crowd of people before the remaining, frightened  civilians froze mid action, the whole world coming to a stop as the twisted god Amira approached them, an obvious unamused glint in her eye.

As she drew closer, she declared them to be boring, reminding them of their gamble for their lives. Lanister didn't say a word and only watched as the disgustingly cruel dark beast sauntered past him, as cocky as she pleased. His eyes seemed to lack the spark of life that came with all mortals, his movements missing the impersision, the flaws that also came with his fleshy form. Slowly, the man fell back on his heels, his spine striking the ground as he simply fell backwards, his arms spread out to either side with such a lack of caring, Amira might as well stamp him out like the bug he is. As Amira threatened his wife, the only one for him, his beautiful, lovely, sweet Nevayah, Lanister did nothing but force (fake) air into his lungs, some part of him demanding he didn't die. As the perverted angel forced the choice of who lives and who dies upon Nevayah's numb and fragile soul, a stray tear fell from his eye, falling down over his forehead as gravity took it up his face.

Blink

As time went on Nevayah was growing ever weaker with each drop of blood she gave. Just when she tought that maybe she could no longer go on the angel stopped everything, quite literally. She wasn't quite sure though whether she should be thankful that it was ending or afraid at what was going to happen next. Then the angels words confirmed her fears as she reminded them this was a game and they had failed.

The question asked though as Amira stopped in front of her was still simple for her. Even if her blood bond was broken she still shared one with her children and the fact that she was still threatening them hit her at her core. Like a beaten pet she hardly reacted when the angel began petting her head, but instead barely even blinked. Her answer though did not require a thought process of any kind. Nevayah knew she would always put her family before herself. "Kill me... take me..." her eyes shifted to Lanister who had fallen backwards. Even without their blood bond she knew she still loved him. If anything even though it hurt beyond explanation that empty feeling she knew was because of the love she held. No one hurt this much over someone they did not care deeply for. "... I lost your game. I could not participate and therefore you had to change the game. I solely am the one responsible for your lack of interest. Lanister tried with everything he had from the beginning and I did not, I could not."

From there she motioned towards the man she knew she loved. "Besides look at him... You have clearly killed him at least on the inside. He is a shell now... nothing left." The words as she said them hurt almost as if she beleived them herself. Seeing him like this made her realize why he was always so adimate about her never returning to that state. After all that was how he had found her on that fateful day years ago, a shell of a girl. But he filled that shell with so many things, so much love, so many memories... no wonder it hurt him when she slipped back and let it all go.

Tears began to well in her eyes once more from the pain building in her chest.