Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood Feud (Blink)

Started by Salzem, November 20, 2016, 03:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salzem

He was really starting to hate the taste of blood.... He really was. His own, Nevayah's... it didn't make that much of a difference... it made his stomach turn each and every time slid down his throat... It wasn't so much the flavor or what it now did to him, but it reminded him of the massacre only a few moments ago, the horde of death that had once been normal-ish every-day people turned into monsters just by the mere smell of his own blood. It reminded him just how much of a weapon he really was, how.... inhuman and freakish he could really be... It scared him... It scared him so bad... He could only think what would happen to his love if something happened to him again that put her in danger like that? What if his blood splashed on her and ate her away just like the skull of that man? What if..... what if he ended up killing her...?

Nevayah wrapped his arm in bandages before cutting open her's again to bleed a few drops into a familiar wooden bowl as if it were nothing but medicine. Anyone could tell by the look on his face that he didn't want the blood, that he would settle for badages again, but that would simply pose more of a risk to the girl he loved more than it would help him cope with himself. With shaking hands, both in frustration and disgust, Lanister downed the blood, nearly throwing it back up before it had a chance to settle. He stared at his bandaged arm as the healing process accelerated to the point he could see it, his skin shifting and stretching under the fabric. He couldn't stop staring at the blood that managed to soak through, the same blood that would kill his beloved if he didn't keep himself 100% wrapped up. He never liked seeing Nevayah cut herself open to heal him. He never liked downing her own blood to save himself... He didn't like being reminded of how dangerous he was... especially when the reminder was a whole crowd of people subject to a manic rage, brought on by himself.

Lanister didn't look up from the bandages on his arm until Nevayah returned, sitting beside him on the barrel by the bed, only her shirt and shorts covering her. He listened silently as she recounted the torture tactic used by the demon, referring to the 5 lights... he shivered as he remembered the rod, the grotesque amounts of pain that was forced into his body... he had never felt anything like it... Never once was he ever subject to such horrifying agony before... Lanister could almost feel it, just under his skin. She explained how she had gone under a similar ritual, that she was required to say there were 3 candlesticks instead of the 2 that were present. His gaze immediately softened in sympathy as she told her story, understanding exactly what she had gone through... And then... she started to cry.... Nevayah blamed herself and her own weakness for what happened there that night, for all the pain, for them being captured, for them not being able to escape... Lanister immediately got up from his spot on the bed and wrapped his arms around her, gently tugging her back to the soft bed beside him. It seemed to be their trademark now: "A life without you is not a life worth living"... But that couldn't be any more truthful. Without Nevayah, Lanister wouldn't be able to function. He stared at his love's frustrated, sorrowful eyes before placing a gentle kiss on her lips, a wonderful sensation running through his body on contact.

"You saved my life..." He murmured, then kissing her neck softly. "Without you, I would have died from that concussion..." He moved to her chin, kissing the edge right below her ear. "Without you, I would have died to the horde of crazy people down there..." Lanister kissed her cheek. "Without you, I wouldn't have been able to walk back up to the surface..." He pressed himself closer to her, pushing her down on the bed with him above her before kissing her once more, holding the contact for as long as he's able.

"You're so strong... it makes me jealous... you cut yourself to heal me... you came to save me despite everything that could go wrong... you stood up to a crowd of madmen and a demon just for my sake... Oh, Nevayah..." He wrapped his arms around her back, pulling her into a hug, holding her to him for all it was worth. "Thank you.... thank you so much..." He pulled away one more time before gently pressing his forehead to hers. "A life without you is not a life worth living..." He recited, so happy she was here with him.

Blink

With Lanister's gentle tug Nevayah got down from the barrel and followed him. Any other time his words and simple kisses would have been enough to send her into a hungry fit. Even so the temptation was still there as he pressed his body against hers. The sweet words he whispered to her followed by his confession of jealousy and then a hug. It was all so much that she broke down once more just as she had on the barrel confessing her past to him. Between crying words she managed to place her palm against his chest, almost pushing him away but not. She was merely placing pressure as if to keep him from coming any closer and deterring her train of thought.

"Lansiter w-we need to leave here." her eyes bore a serious expression as she stared into his. "We can't stay in Essyrn anymore. That demon is dead for now, but I am sure he was just sent back to the confines of hell until he can re-manifest himself... and then what?" she swallowed thinking of what the demon would do to them if he found them again. "He knows our hideout... he knows everything. We have to leave." Of course Nevayah hated the thought of leaving their humble home. She loved it here with Lanister. This little hole in the ground, their cellar, was all they needed besides themselves. Having to leave it would cause a scar in Nevayah's heart that would last a lifetime. She would always remember how the stone smelt or how the stone felt beneath her bare body.

Memories of their time in the cellar began rushing throughout her body. This was where everything began. This was where Nevayah and Lanister first connected, in more ways than one. Then there were the countless times after that in which they shared their love for one another. This was where they shared their meals and past experiences with another... this was home. To think that they would ever find somewhere as magical as this seemed almost like an impossible feat.

Salzem

Lanister held his love gently as she broke down in tears in front of him, hugging her tightly as if to squeeze away all the horrible emotions ravaging her mind. In truth, he felt like he was going to break down himself, fresh tears ready to burst forth and join Nevayah just bawling on the bed together, but he would not allow them to come, not while she was suffering like this. He wanted to be strong for her, to help her through her aches and pains at this point in time... If he broke down right now, he didn't know if he'd be able to serve that purpose... Nevertheless, when she placed a hand against his chest and pushed him away, Lanister didn't resist or attempt to escalate further. To do so would be to take advantage of his love and to take advantage of his love would be to discard everything the two of them had together... He would never do that to her... not even if his own life hung in the balance.

When she said that they had to go, that the demon would be back once he remanifested from hell, Lanister simply nodded his head in agreement, putting on a hopeful smile.

"I know..." He murmured, placing his palm on her cheek. "I know we have to go... I've got a map somewhere around here that we can use to pick out our destination and a bit of money stored away just in case something like this might happen..." He gestured towards the barrels outside, but his hand-movements were not specific to a certain one. "We'll be able and ready to go in the morning... there are always caravans coming and going in and out of Essyrn so... finding a ride shouldn't be too hard. But before that..." The boy stepped out of the room for just a moment, disappearing for a few seconds before coming back into the room, hands stuffed into his pockets. Slowly, he took one of his hands out and cupped hers in his, before removing his other, a familiar ring twinkling in the light of their cellar.

"Nevayah..." He whispered, lowering himself to one knee. "You've been the love of my life from the first day I saw you... Since then, my love for you has only grown, even if... ESPECIALLY IF things like what happened today happen..." He blushed only slightly when he looked up into the beautiful, if flushed face of his love, a soft, gentle look in his eyes. "Nevayah... Will you marry me...?"

Blink

His question by no means threw her off guard. It was something she knew they had both wanted from the first day they met. Sitting up in the bed she wiped the tears that had been streaming down her face.  "What kind of silly question is that?" her tears had stopped by now and in place of the sad destroyed face she once carried was now that of a smiling yet still emotional girl. "Do you even have to ask? I have said it and I will say it again my love. A life without you is not a life worth living. So yes... I would love to spend the rest of my life with you."

-EXIT-