Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Once Upon A Dream

Started by DragonSong, May 13, 2016, 04:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Nani gave him a blinding smile and chirped happily, "No! Never left, don't know what I'll do. But I'm happy todo it."

She still had a grip on his hand and squeezed his fingers cheerfully.

Draconian

Oh no.

He was going to die.

Not from anything bad but from... Someone elses excitement.

"Right," He started blinking at her before forcing a smile and sighing, "I'll be off back to my ship and... I'll see you again in a week. If you're coming along with me we'll have plenty of time to get to know one another." Cadreinth gave Nani a pat on the shoulder before he turned to leave, fully intended to head back to his ship and rest. What a day.

DragonSong

Nani nodded happily. "I'll walk you back!" she said, bouncing happily on the balls of her feet. To those who knew her, such outward excitement was strange. Miana shook her head in bemusement as Nani practically skipped out of the hut, gesturing for him to follow.

She couldn't help it. She felt...whole. Like she'd suddenly found something she hadn't even known was missing.

Draconian

Cadreinth nodded solemnly.

Yup.

He'd adopted a second daughter.

It wasn't so bad. He had the means. What was he going to do with her though? Could she fight? Did her being a 'guardian' even mean anything? A purse of his lips and he began to calculate just what this had in store for him. What was he going to do? Would she sleep in his manor? Would he get her a place of her own?

Just what, exactly, was she supposed to do?

Cadreinth, being a gentleman, offered her his elbow to take and he sighed before he began to walk back to the ship. It was going to be a very long journey home. "Will you miss it here?" He asked simply, looking to Nani and being a little alarmed at how happy she was.

DragonSong

Nani stared at his elbow for a longer moment before she hesitantly laid her hand in the crook.

She considered the question, head tilted. "Maybes." She shrugged. "Never left, so... Don't know, really."

Draconian

A little nod.

A sigh.

Cadreinth pressed his palm to his forehead.

"Have you ever been on a boat? Worn a dress? Do you have any idea about who I am?" His voice was calm, but he was curious, head tilted. No doubt she'd say she knew who he was, because he was for her. Or was she for him? Hm.

DragonSong

Nani seemed to deflate slightly, realizing she may prove to be more of a burden to her new Charge than she would have hoped.

"No," she murmured. "No boat. No...dress?" What did that word mean. "I- I know you are Cadreinth," she said almost hopefully, her heavy accent draping over his name like a blanket.

Draconian

"Well, that's a start."

A heavy sigh and he closed his eyes for a moment. Never been on a ship. Never worn a dress - which wasn't a huge issue, but that also means she'd never worn armor before. Something she might need.  His fingers combed through his hair and he pursed his lips and looked away for a moment. "Do... You know what you have to do? Or just... Be close to me?" His voice was curious and held no malice but...

Mostly he was impatient.

The language barrier was going to be the death of him.

Once they got back to Jadenshine this woman would be up to her eyeballs in tutors.

DragonSong

She nodded quickly. "Be close. Protect. Guide, sometimes. Help you be great," she said determinedly, smiling at him. Her wings fluttered slightly before settling against her back again; she didn't seem to notice the movement, head tilting absently from side to side as she walked along beside him.

Draconian

Help him be great.

That got a look. Not a mean look but a curious confused look.

"Well, thanks I think." He looked ather wings, wondering how those would now fit into his life. Much like how this strange girl would fit into his life.

"You can go back to your village, you know. We can meet again before we leave. I'll..." He paused, regretting what he was about to say, "Come and get you."

DragonSong

Nani paused, worrying at her lip. "I- I don't know..." She glanced from him back in the direction they had come a few times. "Are you...sure?"

She felt like she should be with him. Now that she'd found him, she didn't want to leave his side. But she knew she would miss the people of her village dearly, and the thought of a chance to say a proper goodbye was tempting.

Tags: