Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A cure for your ailment [Nova_Eclipse!] [M]

Started by Medievarad, December 26, 2016, 12:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

[Aren't we all?]

Scarlet shrugged softly, making her way over to the massacre. "Because they're desperate?" She inquired, leaning down. "And I hardly believe there'd be a map.. Or coins left," she glanced up at Richter, before blowing on one of the heaps of ashes.

The entire group was completely turned to them. Including their clothes and items.

Nova_Eclipse

Richter stared at the piles of ashes, almost certain that moments before, they'd still been mere corpses (albeit charred).  Chalking it up to a trick of the eyes, he let out a disappointed sigh and shrugged his metal-clad shoulders, "Oh, well.  No matter.  A map or coin would have been nice, but we can continue just fine without them.  All we have to do is keep following this path, and we'll be there within a few days or - if, gods forbid, a storm comes or highwaymen hold us up - a week."

Medievarad

"Understood," Scarlet quipped with a singing voice, before stopping in her tracks. "Shit," she murmured under her breath. "Did you bring a tent.. Or a bedroll to camp out?"

Nova_Eclipse

"No.  But these bandits most likely do, since I can't imagine that they'd stay out in the rain and sleep on the dirt of their own accord.  Since they probably weren't dumb enough to stay too far away from their camp, I'd say that they set up camp somewhere nearby.  Let's get looking, shall we?  With any luck, they might have some gear or supplies back at their camp," the knight replied, already walking past the piles of ash and searching for something in the dirt. "First things first, we look to see if they left any footprints that could lead us back to where they'd been staying."

Medievarad

"Fair enough," Scarlet quipped with soft hum, she extended her hand. The book slammed shut again, the blow reverberating through the ground, before levitating back to her hand. The Usagi clipped it back to her belt, skipping behind Richter.

Nova_Eclipse

The knight's eyes scanned the dirt around them for footprints or any other sign of where the now-deceased bandits had come from, then looked over at Scarlet, "Why don't you use your magic or any of your other senses to see if you can find out where their camp is?  Maybe listen for a campfire with those cute bunny ears of yours."

Medievarad

"Cute? Excuse you?" She inquired, before letting out a soft chuckle, shaking her head. She walked up next to Richter, before kneeling down, pressing her hand on the ground, closing her eyes.

A soft thrum reverberated through the ground, before she nodded with a soft hum. And like that, she sprung back to her feet again. "That'a way," she quipped, pointing into the forest. "Several hundred meters."

Nova_Eclipse

"Perfect. I'm glad that I brought you along; you've made this trip a hundred times easier, already. Now, let's get to that camp," Richter said as he suddenly grabbed Scarlet just under the joint of her arms, then lifted her up so that she was sitting on his right shoulder and started walking in the direction that she pointed out.

"Oh, and I hope that you don't mind me doing this.  I just want to have you as our little lookout as we approach the camp.  If there are any other bandits around, you'll probably be able to spot them from where you are before they see us," the knight added with an apologetic tone.

Medievarad

A soft squeal came from Scarlet as she was picked up and placed on a shoulder pauldron, frowning and looking down at Richter. "You could've asked!" She answered with a soft pout, feeling at least slightly uncomfortable that Richter just went ahead and lifted her up. "But yeah, let's go," she answered with a soft huff.

Nova_Eclipse

Richter turned his head slightly to look at the Usagi on his shoulder, then lowered his gaze to the ground as if ashamed, "Sorry, Miss Scarlet.  For what it's worth, you get to have both the tent and whatever else we find at their camp - supplies, weapons, food, water and so on - all to yourself for the next three days as compensation.  I'll just make do with what I can find."

Medievarad

"No, don't," she murmured softly. "Just share.. I don't really mind or care either way," she fidgeted on his shoulder. "Just.. Next time, a warning is appreciated."

Nova_Eclipse

"...Alright.  Still, I'm very sorry that I forgot to ask permission.  It hopefully won't happen again," Richter replied, then fell silent as the two traveling companions continued walking in the direction of their goal.

Medievarad

She flustered slightly, shaking her head. "Just.. Keep it in mind," she murmured.

After a brief period of silence, she spoke up again. "This.. Also isn't too comfortable.. Your pauldron is pushing up in my.. ahem..." She ended with the clearing of her throat. Hoping Richter would at least understand what she meant.

Nova_Eclipse

Richter immediately, albeit carefully, set Scarlet down beside him, "My apologies.  I didn't know that that would happen.  Let's...let's just continue moving forward, shall we?"

Medievarad

Scarlet tried to play it off like it was nothing with but a simple shrug. But it was still very awkward. A warm blush still on her cheeks as she took several quick steps to get infront of Richter. Lest he not see her emberassment, answering his suggestion withwith a murmured "yeah".

Nova_Eclipse

Richter walked with Scarlet in silence, his gaze fixed straight ahead of them.

He hoped that they found that damned camp, soon.  Otherwise, the next few minutes were going to be awkward.

At least Scarlet looked adorable when she blushed; it made him feel a little better about the situation.

Medievarad

And as expected. The pair did come across a rather shoddy looking camp.

Scarlet made her way towqrds the still sizzling campfire, pressing her hand down against the hot embers. But rather than having her hand completely burned, she murmured softly something under her breath. "What has transpired here?" Was the question she posed the emberstime, her eyes glazing over with a deep red.

Nova_Eclipse

Not familiar with whatever Scarlet was doing, the knight merely stood back and kept watch for any signs of more bandits or hostile wildlife.

Within the (relative) safety of his mind, Richter questioned why the spell, or whatever it was the Usagi was doing, required her to shove her hands into hot embers.

Then he remembered that it was magic, and magic didn't need to make sense.

Nova_Eclipse

OOC: I am SO sorry about double-posting like this, but I wanted to make sure that you haven't forgotten about this thread, and I wasn't sure if you were reading your private messages, since you hadn't replied to the first one I sent, and I sadly doubted that you'd reply to the second one.

So...please please pleeease notice me, Scarlet senpai?

Tags: