Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Shepard Without

Started by CyclicalCycal, December 31, 2016, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyclicalCycal

Tharron watched, in silence. Though there was no way for him to show it, he was greatly and truly intrigued. Magic permeated his body, suffusing every part of it, ebbing and flowing through him at all times.

He was on constant look-out for those who would use putrid, hateful and unnatural magic. So he could impale them with extreme prejudice.

Regardless, he was quite interested by the simulacrum of his power.

"...that is. Odd. I do not know if I like it.

Regardless, it is welcome. Sentinel, do not bother our ally. If she is casting some shadowy and unnatural art, it is far, far, far less dangerous than the thing we are fighting against."

Tharron went to sit down, slowly, and pluck his daughter from his shoulders. She blinked, blearily, glancing at the Sentinel and at Rin.

Medievarad

"I replicated your being, your magical essence, in order to cast the same spell," Rin answered from behind her mask, folding her arms as she took up post next to the charm. "Basically, there is now two of you in this reality," she explained easily.

The Sentinel glanced at Tharron, then at Rin, shaking his head. "Fine," he huffed, before trudging over to kneel down next to Tharron and Cara.

CyclicalCycal

"...that is very odd, indeed." Tharron said, nodding as he took in the explanation. He looked to the Sentinel, going to set Cara down next to him. She sat, clutching to Tharron as if she wasn't going to be able to even sit up. "...I-I am sorry, Cara..." He mumbled, looking to her.

Medievarad

Rin remained defiantly next to the charm, keeping an eye ahead for any enemies that might show up once more.

"How is she, Tharron?" The Sentinel asked, still resting his axe over his shoulder.

CyclicalCycal

"...tired. I should not have asked to her to assist. She is just a child." Tharron replied, an air of regret about his person. Cara did seem tired, slowly fading away into sleep. Tharron watched, worriedly. Afraid.

No, afraid is far too kind a term. He was petrified.

Medievarad

"Will she sleep like you did?" Rin inquired, frowning softly under her mask.

CyclicalCycal

"No. She is...we are...she will sleep as a human does." Tharron said, slowly. He nodded, affirming his thoughts. "Yes. We could continue forwards...if you wished."

Medievarad

"As long as you need, Tharron, Cara," the Sentinel offered. A deep breath later, Rin rolled her shoulders, still standing on guard. "We can proceed when it's safe to," she agreed.

CyclicalCycal

"Let...let her sleep, then. She will be ready in the morning. We can wait. We can wait." Tharron's usual confidence was fading rather swiftly. His nervousness and fear was growing, rather swiftly. "Yes...yes, we can wait."

He rose to his feet, pacing about. "...do you...require food?" He asked, to no-one in particular.

Medievarad

"Yes," Rin was the only to answer. "Sentinel," she glanced at the elemental. "Watch duty. You'll be up in some hours," she stated with a soft nod.

The Sentinel answered with an approving and a grunt.

CyclicalCycal

"...very good." Tharron responded, pausing as he moved to stop, crouching to the ground. Waving his hands over it, there was a small pause of nothing. Then, sprouting from the empty ground, came bundles of fruits in all shapes, sizes and rarity.

"Here. You may...devour these. Just save some for Cara."

Tags: