Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Iridescent's snippets

Started by Iridescent, January 07, 2017, 04:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iridescent

I like to write tiny bits about my characters. Sometimes things from their pasts, sometimes ideas for potential plots; you get the idea.

Corin Darbon, the night he had to flee his home at age seventeen:
"Listen to me!" the armsmaster said firmly, gripping Corin by the shoulders. They were hidden in the woods near the mansion, which burned like a haystack on a dry summer's day. The fire roared and illuminated a wide area around it. Something collapsed inside the house, judging by the sudden noise. People screamed. Metal clashed against metal.
Corin struggled to get away from the man holding him back, but he was no match.
"No! Let me go- I can fight!" he snapped. "I can handle myself!"
"I know that!" the armsmaster said curtly. "But I also know you are no match for a hoard of mercenaries that want you dead! Rosetta is gone. That house is beyond saving. But you are not, Corin. And I am not letting you throw your life away, son, I won't."
He stared deep into Corin's eyes. The young man stared back but the defiance was slowly fading.
"She really is-" he could not finish that sentence.
"I'm sorry, Corin," the armsmaster merely said, pulling him into a tight but brief hug. "There's nothing more you can do for her."
Corin turned away, suddenly feeling sick to his stomach. He looked up at the flames in the distance. The nearby horses, tied to a tree by the armsmaster, whinnied restlessly, causing Corin to look at them.
"They're out only way out," the armsmaster said. "There's nothing left for us here."

Iridescent

Andrew Curzai, at some point in the near future
"Was it worth it?"
Andrew shrugged and slowly let out his breath. Aside from a slight frown his face betrayed nothing.
"I don't know anymore," he admitted. "I'm not sure I'll ever really get the truth anymore."
"What if you already did?"
Andrew briefly closed his eyes.
"I don't think that would make it all better."

Tags: