Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stop, you Connlaothian thief!

Started by Anonymous, February 13, 2006, 09:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I was wondering -- does the Connlaothian city of Reajh have a Thieves or Assassin's Guild?

That sounds like fun, actually. I wouldn't mind playing in one.

A good plot idea would be if players were members of a struggling gang or faction in the city, and being squeezed by the Law on one side and a bigger, more established gang on the other.

Thoughts? Beatings with a clue-by-four? Anyone?

Anonymous

Since it's Connalth what you can do is make it a guild of magic wielding thieves and assasions. That way you have to deal with the Mord-whatever-they-are-called

Rhindeer

I don't see why they wouldn't have one! ^__^
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

They don't have to be magic-wielding -- the criminal element, like any amoral power, could just treat magic like it treats other resources; so basically magic would be the quick, effective, but dangerous and troublesome resource that attracts the attention of unsymphathetic men and women with guns.

Ooh. So it's not a bad idea? All righty. How do we start working on it? Just a post to the Org thread? I'm kind of new, and I'm feeling my way around. Don't really want to stumble and do something wrong, really. So how does one start?

Anonymous

Yeah, it's easy!  What you would mainly need is people to actually join it.

I'd like to declare official interest, but whether I'll actually throw in a character remains to be seen.

Rhindeer

Yup! Basically, all you have to do to create an organization is just...create a character that's a part of the organization. XD Then, voila! It's an organization! The next step would be to get other people to join it, because it's always more fun when more people are involved, and to help with that you can post your organization on the Organizations board (so other people can easily reference it) and promote it on this board. ^_^

That's it! No fancy, complicated stuff involved! XD

And yeah, go for it! Go wild! ^_~
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

I'll join. I <3 gang violence lol. I'll join a drow, since thats what i'm best at and most knowledged on fighting ability and such. Hook up the thread, i'll be there. We need colors hehe. Like blue or red. We can be "the sarcophogus" haha.

EDIT: On a side note, if you want, I can hook them up as having Vharzyym as their illegal arms supplier. Give them a way to have good swords/magic-ness. If ya want.

Anonymous

I think its an excellent idea, the Guild wouldn't even have to be a specialized theif/assassin Guild, they could have some theives, some 'protection men', some assassins, con artists any sort of ne'er do wells.

I like the sound of your plot too. In fact, if you need a bigger gang to antagonize them, or  a fence to sell all the goods they 'relieve' people of I've got the Syndicate, SotE's own wish fufillment agency ^__^

Anonymous

An interesting idea. It's quite possible some of the higher-ups of Connlaoth could have a hand in organized crime.

What would you say to a Mordecai being in this group? Yones seems like the type who might be into crime. Of course, maybe not if they're using magic. A Mordecai would be useful against rival gangs and for getting inside info at the palace, etc.

Anonymous

I could also cook up an opposing gang, too. I'm sure David would also play a character. Tell me whether you'd rather have me in that one or an opposing one.

Rhindeer

Bwahaha, I could totally see Yones doing something like that! I love that guy. XD

And dude...a Mordecai into crime? That's a pretty darned cool twist, and could cause much interesting plottage. *thumbs up*

Anonymous

i wanna make a gangsta thug.

Anonymous

BLOODS!!!!!!!!!!!!

brrrap!!!  brrrap!!!

sorry..... had to get that out of my system....

(im up for some gangness.)

"  im sorry to say that i dont think anyone will be getting presents this year joey. the crypts in the neighborhood mistook my red suit and rudolph's nose as gang instigation, and shot up all my reindeer with their glocks."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!  i love martin sargent! :D  :P

Anonymous

Anonymous

Wow, enthusiasm. I go to bed, and then, everyone comes in and starts loving my idea?

Gotta do this more often then. Anyway, off I go to think up of the organization and a suitable character, then. The first impulse is of course to think up of a leader of the organization for the group, but following our first impulses were never exactly fun iRL, so let's see what we can do with our second and third impulses, eh?

Got it. I'll be back with links, lads and laddettes, don't you fear. ;-)

Anonymous

I'm probably gonna tweak Luild & Ingdest and throw them in when you get that up. But first, I got a question -- what does a Mordecai do to magical creatures?

Anonymous

it kinda shuts off all magic in a certain radius around them. If it ever comes to open warfare, Vharzyym is gonna launch a few over enemy walls lol.

Rhindeer

...Except there are currently only about eight of them, their powers don't continue running when they're dead, and Vharzyym wouldn't know about Mordecai to begin with.

Anonymous

who said anything about killing them before catapulting them over the wall? :wink:

Rhindeer

XD I think the impact would probably solve that problem! KER-SPLAT!