Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lo, Vampires!

Started by Anonymous, February 14, 2006, 03:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Beware, for I am the making a slayer character. Butthat'sneitherherenorthere...

What is the current vamp situation around here? This is a nice morbid Fantasy world, so there must be a few, and I'm curious as to what the current medium of power is. Naturally I'd assume they have the common bodily-fluid fetishes and UV allergies, but can they fly/shapeshift/control mInds?

Juuuust curious.

Rhindeer

That all varies from person to person to person. Basically, anything goes with vampires, it all depends on the player's quirks, and they're a very diverse lot here just taking into account all the different spins people put on the vampire concept. XD And it gets even more crazy and diverse when you take into account that some of the vampires weren't human when they were sired, but were, say...drow or other types of humanoid. I know Nightcandle plays a drow vampire.

So, yeah! I'm pretty sure we have some more traditional vampires here, and then I'm sure we have some that can shapeshift, fly, and control minds. And probably other types, as well!

I play a duo of vampires (Kujin and Neviko) who aren't really the classic type. They won't burn in the sun, but their vision is very sensitive to light so daylight can temporarilly blind them and their eyesight during the day is just generally sucky; on the flip side, they have good night vision. They're a weaker type of vampire that I didn't base off of anything in particular...basically, they can die just like humans, including starvation and blood loss. They can't feed off of animals, only humanoids, and as for special abilities...well, they're young for their type of vampire, and abilities come to them with seniority (mind influence, speed, strength) sooo...they currently have none. They were mages as humans, though, so they do have some magical talent.

Bwahaha...vampire slayer! YAY!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

haha. My first RP character was a vampire. I tried him here, but it failed utterly and i didn't return for like 3 years, upon which i had become the ownage with my drow skillz lol.

Anonymous

I've always liked the idea of different vampire clans or bloodlines having different powers. It explains most things.

Anyhow, I've nearly finished my massive character history. I tried to make it interesting, but I fear it may vary between skipping ahead and blathering.

Rhindeer

Heh...hehehehe...

It's really sad that I remember your vampire character, too, Josh. XD "The vampire clan". Ah, that was a riot... *pats*
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Rhindeer

Quote from: "That Ceiling Feeling"I've always liked the idea of different vampire clans or bloodlines having different powers. It explains most things.

Anyhow, I've nearly finished my massive character history. I tried to make it interesting, but I fear it may vary between skipping ahead and blathering.
Whoa, I missed your post. XD

I read his history and it rawks! *thumbs up* I liked it a lot, and found it really interesting. He seems like a kickass character overall, and from what I've seen on him in-game in the thread so far, he is! Bwahaha...

And me too! I've always liked the idea of different clans and the like; that's what I went for with my vampires, though I haven't really fleshed out their whole clan concept yet. In their case, that's okay, though--they're pretty ignorant about their own kind, so to speak, due to some...confusing circumstances. XD

Anonymous

Ceiling, I wanna play with your character when those two are done!