Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Shattered Hearts And Broken Dreams [DragonSong]

Started by TheHopeseeker, February 11, 2017, 02:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHopeseeker

Tevlak thought about it for a moment, the gears in his head almost visibly grinding. Adiran watched him silently, his expression neutral, though his eyes flamed. Eventually, the black haired Connloathian wetted his lips and delivered the price, "Ten silver."

DragonSong

Azalea snarled, but her commander's raised hand cut thr sound off. "You want to be rid of him that badly?" Varryas chuckled, lip curled.

The dragon hissed quietly, disgusted. Ten silvers for a human life? The man was lucky she didn't take his head off.

TheHopeseeker

Tevlak winced, shaking his head quickly. "No, no sir. Nothing like that. I merely wish to start my trading in this city on a good word!" He hurriedly replied. Adiran watched the whole exchange silently, silver hues judging both men with little restraint.

DragonSong

Her commander snorted again, then quirked another eyebrow. "Very well.  I assume you have the proper documentation?"

TheHopeseeker

Tevlak visibly deflated, a look not quite relief washing over his face as he lifted an arm to gesture towards his tent, on the other side of the square, "Please, sir. Right this way."

Adiran let out a long breath through his nose, closing his eyes as he rocked back on his heels. Another trade. Another master, most likely another introductory beating.

DragonSong

Varryas moved to follow the slaver. "Don't move, private," he instructed Azalea bluntly as he walked away.

The dragon gave a curt nod, then curled her lip at his back. "Jackass," she hissed quietly once she was sure he was out of earshot.

TheHopeseeker

Adiran let an amused chuff break free of his lips when he heard the quiet hoss of the mighty dragon, silver hues now taking in every detail about her up close and personal. Resisting the urge to fold him arms over his chest if only because his hands were still shsckled, he leaned his weight on one foot and peered up at the dragon. It took a few moments, but when he spoke his tone was calm, collected, "Which one?"

DragonSong

She glanced at him, a little startled that he'd spoken.

"The commander," she said eventually. Her lip curled. "I could use stronger language for the slaver."

TheHopeseeker

Adiran snorted bemusedly, glancing after the two men shortly before focusing on the dragon. "If you dislike him so much, why do you still serve him?" He questioned, an untimely wisdom in his tired eyes.

DragonSong

Azalea shook her head. "I don't. I serve my country." She sighed and muttered, "He outranks me, for the moment. But I don't serve him."

TheHopeseeker

Adiran hummed at that, looking like he wanted to say more, but instead shaking his head and dropping his gaze back to the dirt. Soon after, Tevlak emerged from his tent, looking almost giddy with the delight of having gotten this slave off his hands at long last. He didn't know if the commander was blind, stupid, or just didn't care about the brands the troublesome slave bore, so long as he took him and didn't come back. 

DragonSong

"Lower your eyes," Azalea murmured as her commander approached. "Try not to speak, if you can help it."

She closed her eyes a moment. "I'm so sorry..."

TheHopeseeker

Adiran followed her instructions by habit, his eyes staying fixed on the dirt as Tevlak stopped at his side. The keys at his belt jingled loudly as he unclipped them, bending down to unlock the manacles at his ankles before straightening. He paused upon reaching the clips for rh wrist chains, a look of indecision flashing over his face before he jerked and quickly released Adiran from the chain. Pulling the man forwards by his shoulder, he set him before the commander. "Here's your man, commander."

DragonSong

Varryas curled his lip. "We'll see," he muttered, looking the slave up and down. Without looking at her, he snapped, "Private, keep an eye on him on the way back to the barracks."

TheHopeseeker

Adiran sent the commander a burning glare once his back was turned, eyes filled with molten metal. There was nothing he could do to get out of this position, he knew that, ten times had showed him that, but bastards like this made him sick. Huffing a breath, he glanced at the dragon shortly before beginning to follow after the man.

DragonSong

Azalea couldn't do much besides trail along with the two humans, head lowered slightly as they followed the crowded streets back to the barracks.

At least her presence afforded some amount of intimidation- they weren't too badly crowded, everyone made sure to give the dragon some room.

TheHopeseeker

Adiran kept a few paces behind the Commander, rolling his wrists absently as he looked around the streets. It was only a small measure, but there was freedom in the loss of the manacles. A breath of fresh air in a stale life. It was far from the freedom he had had all those months ago, but it was enough. Casting his glance over his shoulder, he watched the dragon for a few moments, taking her in at such a close proximity. It was clear she wasn't happy, how anyone could be in a place like this, he didn't know, but even so she was a magnificent creature.

Soon enough, the walls of the barracks came into view.

DragonSong

"Azalea."

The dragon snapped her head up. "Sir?"

"Report to the training field, and drop him off at the guardhouse on your way. Make sure they know he's authorized to be here," Varryas instructed.

Azalea dipped her head slightly. "Yessir." She sighed and glanced at the slave, then turned with a jerk of her head, a "follow me" gesture.

TheHopeseeker

Adiran watched the commander leave in the opposite direction for a few moments before shaking his head with a soft sigh and turning to follow in the dragon's footsteps. He let his gaze wonder around the barracks for a few minutes, the act keeping him quiet, before he eventually turned his gaze to Azalea, "So," he began, hooking his fingers through the rough cord of rope that served as a belt, "If you dislike Varryas so much, why do you still serve him?" He chuffed a breath, "I don't imagine it would be too hard for a dragon to leave, get reassigned, or whatever."

DragonSong

Azalea jerked her head around, a little startled. The few slaves she'd meant weren't usually so open with their curiosity, or their speech.

"I can't, actually," she sighed. "I...don't have a rider. I've had a few partners through my training, but none of them have...worked out. So technically, I'm not a full soldier. I can't request reassignment," she murmured.