Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Shattered Hearts And Broken Dreams [DragonSong]

Started by TheHopeseeker, February 11, 2017, 02:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHopeseeker

Adiran hummed softly at that, a mix between consideration and understanding. He didn't know a lot about Adela, but the little he did know was enough to at least 'keep him afloat', metaphorically speaking. "So if you had a rider, you could leave. But because you don't, you can't." He summarised, more for himself than for her.

DragonSong

"Put simply? Yes."

Technically, she could leave anytime she wanted. But just because Varryas was an ass didn't mean she didn't want to serve her country as a soldier, and if she just left now, after all the training she'd done, well...

It was worth putting up with her CO for another few months.

TheHopeseeker

Adiran just nodded that time, wrapping his arms around his midsection almost absently. They had arrived at a small, but moderately sized building made of the usual Adelan materials now, the door flung open and the chatter emanating from within streaming out. Wrinkling his nose at the dark, slightly cramped interior that could be seen through the door, Adiran simply sighed.

DragonSong

Azalea bit down on another sigh and lowered her head. "I can't fit," she rumbled. "You have to go in and tell them Varryas...bought you."

TheHopeseeker

Adiran stood for a few moments, gaze drifting around the large, spacious area, before he blew out a breath and nodded. Ducking around the dragon, he headed for the door, hesitating on the step into the guardhouse. Clearing his throat somewhat awkwardly to catch the attention of the rough and rowdy men inside. It worked a little too well, as a majority of gazes turned his way. He stiffed, instinctively, stance going ramrod straight.

"Well who's this plod then."

DragonSong

The dragon waited outside, shifting her weight a little anxiously as she lowered her head in an attempt to see what was going on. She could hear most of it, but she couldn't really see.

TheHopeseeker

Adiran clicked his jaw at that, a dozen words he couldn't rightly say forming in the back of his throat. Biting his tongue for the moment, he lifted silver gaze to the man who had spoken, a dark look burning in platinum hues. He opened his mouth to speak, but before he got the chance, one of the younger looking men burst into short, ruckus laughter.

"Oh I get it! This is Varryas' new walking cadaver!" He chortled. Adiran's head tilted slightly in confusion, a frown pulling at his brows as the rest of the men joined in. The first smiled, though it looked more like a grimace than anything. "Welcome to the barracks, slave."

The urge to sweep his feet from under him was nearly overpowering, but by sheer force of will he remained still. Head held high, he levelled the most disgusted look he could muster at the soldiers. It had little affect, as the big man stepped forwards, grabbing the collar of his rags and forcibly turning him to the side. "Dangerous, eh? What'd you do to get a brand like that? Steal a few cows?" He burst into upproarous laughter at his own joke, shoving the Essryni away roughly.

Adiran stumbled, but regained his footing, turning back to face the apparent Liuetenant with an expressionless look. "If you're finished. I'll be on my way." He said coldly.

DragonSong

Azalea caught most of that, and a low growl rumbled in her chest as she darted her head forward into the doorway.

"You done?" she asked Adiran, ignore the other men deliberately.

TheHopeseeker

That earned a short bout of tense silence from the soldiers, in which Adiran nodded and turned, "Yea. We're done." He replied shortly, leaving the way he had come with a last icy look at the Liuetenant. Once they were a little ways away from the building, he sighed and folded his arms over his chest. "Thanks for that."

DragonSong

She snorted, wrapping her body around him for a moment to usher him in the right direction. "Don't worry about it," she rumbled, eyes still narrowed.

TheHopeseeker

Adiran sent her a sideways look, allowing himself to be pushed in the right direction. Wherever that was. It was somewhat surprising that a dragon was the first one to be at least partially kind to him. He could honestly say it was not anywhere near what he was expecting when he first laid eyes on the large beast. Frowning, he shook his head to clear his thoughts and looked up at the dragon, "You never told me your name." He said, not having heard the commander earlier.

DragonSong

She ducked her head slightly. "Azalea. Az, if you like."

An odd name for a dragon, it brought to mind the delicate purple flower, not a beast of war. She cocked her head at him. "What's yours?"

TheHopeseeker

Adiran hummed slightly at that, a touch of a smirk pulling at the corners of his lips, "A strange name for one such as yourself." He voiced his thoughts aloud, raising silver hues to meet her own. "Adiran was my name, but it is long since any called me such."

DragonSong

"Adiran, then." She paused, nodding toward a lower building near the barracks. "Those are the servants' quarters. I think that's where you'll be reporting to."

TheHopeseeker

Adiran looked over at the building with an unreadable expression, folding his arms over his chest and tilting his head slightly to both sides, stretching his neck, "And where do you 'report to'?" He queried, voice flat.

DragonSong

"The dragons' barracks," she answered easily, rustling her wings. "Over that way, the largest building."

TheHopeseeker

He nodded at that, looking in the direction she gestured towards and spitting the tall, wide building. "I see." Was all he said, openly at least. "So now what?"

DragonSong

Azalea shuffled her wings in a draconic shrug. "Well, I have to report for training. I assume you should report to Commander Varryas's quarters, over there." She indicated the building with another jerk of her head.

TheHopeseeker

Adiran sighed at that but nodded, offering the dragon a half wave as he wandered over to the low building. She was an intriguing creature, to be sure, and he could only hope he might see more of her over the days to come. He wasn't quite sure what to expect from this new 'life', but only time would tell what his new masters were like.

DragonSong

The dragoness tilted her head at him, then snorted and fluttering her wings, turning to make her way to the dragon training field.