Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Unwanted Atention. (Open)

Started by Sheshia, February 19, 2017, 05:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheshia

Kraait waits a second with the look of concentration on her face. After what seemed to her like a minute she sighs, "Nah. Usually it's the size. People are bigger then rocks which means a bigger vibration." She smiles a bit having heard the rocks touch their targets.

"Though I appreciate the effort though. At least I can hear them. Sort of like a bat." Kraait "looks" towards the fire, "Though I do have a spell I have been working on that allows me to see through other people's eyes in a way. Though they have to be willing. Which is never actually."
She wasn't to shocked about it. Who would want someone else using their eyes after all. It was rather weird in her mind but oh well.

Grgr

OOC: Grgr is asleep, don't mind him. Just if anything happens let me jump back in.

WallyD

Asta glared at the fae as he threw a rock in her direction. She turned around, her back the two of them. Asta thought about what Kraait said. It sounded like it would get awkward, was Kraait able to leave when she needed or was she stuck. And if she was stuck, and she saw through more than one pair of eyes, would it all come at her at once, or in flashes, wouldn't that be confusing.

Asta tapped her head. Stop thinking about it... you're not even interested in magic. No need to try and comprehend it.

MonochroMayhem

Torien cackled a bit at Asta, who clearly was weirded out by his stone throwing. Even so, he stopped upon Kraait's admission.

As he heard her explain her magic, he grinned. He was always an enthusiast for thrills, and talk-folk magic was no exception. Well, as long as it didn't get him killed...

"You said you would have to have someone willing to do that, and that it's never happened" he said. "Have you ever done that before, then?"

He felt a bit bad asking it. He knew villagers back home who would be furious for asking such rude and invasive questions. At the same time, he didn't exactly nail communication with tall-folk very often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheshia

"Cast the spell on a mouse or another animal yes. But never on other humanoids." It was just a strict rule she came up with and followed strictly since there was no telling what it might do.

"Why do you ask?" She looks towards Toreins voice, well the general location of it that is with a courious look. He maybe a fairy but taht doesn't mean they have some goals or tricks up their sleeves on obtaining her or anyone else's magic.

If she did want to cast the spell she would probably need a good bit of sleep since she barely had in recently with the event thats unfolded unexpectedly. No telling what would happen to her if she didn't. Maybe the dThat was just the way things were for her.

"Oh and does the weather look like its gonna change for the better weather? If not we are gonna be here for who knows how long before it lets up."

Grgr

(OOC: Still sleeping. BTW storm does not seem to be letting up.   :P)

WallyD

Asta rolled her eyes as the goblin's snoreing moved to her ears, and soon she could hear her fathers. The rain was still heavy, but it made everything smothered, like Asta was in a dream. She looked at Karrit and the fae.

"You two can keep talking but I'm going to bed. I doubt the rain will light up anytime soon." As soon as Asta said 'light up', lightning shot across the sky, thunder falling close behind it. Asta raised an brow as if to say 'see' and laid back down, closing her eyes. 

MonochroMayhem

Torien jumped a bit from the sound of the thunder. It seemed as though it had struck right outside. He'd never been that close to lightning before.

He sat a bit closer to Kraait. Immediately he noticed a shift in her demeanor from the sounds of the storm. "Not a big fan of storms are ya?"

He pulled his cloak over her a bit more. "It's alright if you're afraid, it's perfectly reasonable."

He remembered the time the stream in his old village had flooded most of the houses. His wings were weighted by the water and he had begun to sink.

He realized his grip on the cloak was tighter than he thought and he let go. "Sorry, I--"

He blushed up. "Bad thoughts. Just bad thoughts. Sorry, I'm not too friendly with storms either."

Sheshia

Kraait's thinking was interrupted by the thunder. Then the next thing knew was that she was terrified.

Not only did the thunder hurt her ears but it also displaced all the sounds around her and caused a huge vibration which put everything off.

Her face went blank with fear and Kraait started to tremble while whispering phrases, and hugging her knees close together into a little ball. Whenever there was thunder it was like she couldn't see in her own way which really shook her.

"Make the storm stop please." She looks as though she was going to cry or get ill, "Pease make it stop."

Grgr

Grgr leaps to his feet when the flash of lighting goes off.

"Gods...." Grgr mutters with a sigh. Grgr slowly puts down his sword that he picked, back where it was. He sits down on his piece of fur and sees the girl whimpering. He frowns and stands up.

As Grgr stomps his way over to the girl, he pulls a piece of foul smelling cloth from his bag. It was aan extremely powerful sleeping drug, and he was planning on using it.

Before he was exiled, his mother gave him the recipe and he made it him self. He has yet to find something it hasn't put to sleep, even magical beasts go to sleep, so Grgr doubts that the girl would stay awake.

Unfortunately, Grgr looked extremely threatening, almost like he was going to kill the poor girl.

WallyD

Asta stood up. She didn't know that Kraati was afraid of thunder though it made sense now. She watched as the goblin stood, searched around, found what he was looking for, and turned menacingly at Kraati. Asta scooped up her knife and ran at the goblin. She grabbed it's arm and twisted it, throwing the knife to his throat.

"What is that?" Asta said threatening, nodding to the cloth.

MonochroMayhem

Torien tucked himself over the girl. "Shh, it's alright," he said.

He was biting his own lip pretty hard, and as another strike of lightning came and the thunder followed, his protective side turned up to eleven.

He carefully picked Kraait up and carried her a bit further back into the cave, back into a place where the air was drier and the rumbling thunder slowly murmured.

He was shaking. Every fiber of his being told him to find higher ground. He was taller though, so puddles wouldn't have been enough to drown him.

He set the lady down. "I'm sorry for bringing you further back, I didn't mean to--"

Sheshia

Kraait notices that she had been moved but was unable o do anything except being terrified beyond belief.She was vaguely aware of the world around her and her mind retreated into it's self.

Thiugh she was aware of someone talking to her then pausing. She tried to ask what was wrong but couldn't speak. She kept trying to whip up the nerve to speak or do anything but nothing came from it. Her ears were ringing and her head was beginning to ache a bit due to the thunder in jer ears.

(Kraait is probably gonna be like this till the storm is over. Gonna have her pop in when I feel like it or if one of yinz character's ask her something or does something lol)

Grgr

"She needs to sleep. I'll help with that." Gr'gr says still walking to the girl. "She is terrified, and will only bring her and us a restless sleep and it's annoying." Gr'gr is a relatively good person, but he's still a goblin...

"It won't hurt her, and she'll dream peacefully. She'll be in such a deep sleep she will not even hear the the thunder." He stops and then looks to the savage human. "Unless you want her to be terrified?" emphasizing on want. "Then I'll just ignore her. It's not like I'm not used to screams, I can sleep just fine." Gr'gr waits for the woman's response.

Once Gr'gr's tribe was attacked. He and his brothers hid in there cave listening to their family's screams. It was then his hatred for things bigger then him appeared and his ability to ignore screams.  Normally he keeps control of his emotions, but when it rains like this just like that night, he gets edgy, and bites back at what he thinks is 'challenging' him.

WallyD

Asta felt her anger rise at the goblins accusation. She then watched the fae carry Kraati further in and Asta felt beat. She dropped the goblins arm and sheathing her weapon, to tired to argue or even fight. Asta walked over to the fire and laid down, facing the cave entrance.

Sheshia

(Since Mono is taking tests or extremely busy irl lets continue on and we can keave room forbher to reply any time if she can :3 sorry Mono)

WallyD

[OOC: Yeah ok then. So then something has to happen to Torien so it's reasonable for him not to be there. Like everyone wakes up to found out that they are surrounded? If that's the case, then Catalina sound go first since Medlers goblin is gonna knock her out.]

MonochroMayhem

[Ooc: I am so freakin sorry, I literally got carried away with school and work and pretty much life in general. If this thread died I apologize.]

Torien tried to sleep but was restless. It had been a long time since he'd seen home and he remembered exactly why he took a break. Drama, horror, anger... it all shook him.

He got up and moved towards the entrance of the cave where Asta slept. Carefully sighing he shed his clothes and changed his form. He carefully replaced his clothes with new ones before wrapping his large shirt around himself.

He turned to Asta and shuffled towards her, dragging his shirt. He stopped a few inches past her. "Psst- are you awake? I..." he paused. "I can't sleep."

WallyD

[OOC: It's fine my dude. That is completely understandable so let's see if we can get this thread up an running again.]

Asta stiffened as the fae came close. She gruntted in response, still sour from before. Asta wasn't sure if it was her pride or just the over all... resentment for Torien and Gr'gr. She still didn't like how everyone was easy to trust the two.

The rain was still pounding, but the lighting and thunder were less frequent. Asta turned, opening one eye to peer at the little man

"What do you want me to do about it?" Asta asked, her voice expressionless.

MonochroMayhem

Torien sighed. It was never easy to work with humankind. They were lumbering creatures with little regard for fae homes.

His voice remained soft. "I don't really expect you to do much. I just..."

The rain was terrifying to him for different reasons. His kind were small enough for their wings to be weighed down in shallow streams, which could easily drown them. Mudslides would destroy entire cities with a low survival rate. He'd seen people back at his home who had come because their parents had disappeared in a storm.

"I know no amount of apology is going to repair the damage to your vessel." He said. "I was genuine when I said I was looking at that book. I hardly steal anything large, funny enough."

He looked out to the cave's entrance. The rain was letting up only slightly- the eye of the storm, surely. "Despite my lifting of bobby pins and thimbles, the most desirable treasure to hunt is knowledge."

He said down. "What do you normally hunt?"