Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Within the Snow

Started by WallyD, February 19, 2017, 06:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallyD

Asta got down and started to help Shageon pile up the bones. She seemed nervous, like a skittish cat, constantly looking over her shoulders, watching the surrounding trees for any movement.

"What if there are still demons around?" Asta wondered out loud, picking up her bundle after tying it up with twine.

excitement

"Demons, if they exist, are probably nocturnal. We're just absolutely screwed if we stay here past sundown. We still got plenty of time though... do you think demons are nocturnal?" He measures the distance of the sun to the ground then continues stacking bones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WallyD

Asta bent down, brushing the snow away from the ground.

"Not sure. I feel like it wouldn't matter if they were super powerful. I think the reason people associate demons with the night is because that is when they attack but when the attack at that time, it is because no body is around to see them, yeah?"

excitement

"That's a scary thought... maybe we should've gotten that armor..." he glances at the edge of the clearing... and trips on a dip in the ground making a huge racket as his fall causes one of the bones to snap "SH!T!" He hisses and grabs his bow as a chill sweeps across the clearing

WallyD

Asta immediately dropped her bundle and pulled out her hunters knife, looking around the cleaning. A fine mist swept through​ the cleaning, it swirled around their feet. The crystal trees seemed to clink together as a low wind blew to Asta and Shageon, making Asta lifter her hand to sheld her face from it.

excitement

Shageon nocks an arrow and when the wind blows, he turns around at first so his hair is taking the force of the wind, then he realizes that's exactly what a demon would want them to do and he looks around in a circle, forcing himself to see through the wind when he turns that way and keeping both hands on the bow and arrow. A blizzard starts from nowhere, turning the afternoon into a snowy abyss. When Shageon realizes he can't use his bow when he can only see a few feet, he puts away his bow and draws a two handed sword. "Asta! We need to stick together! Where are you?!" He calls into the storm moving towards where he saw her last

WallyD

Everything happened so quick. Suddenly everything was white, ice and wind hit her face. Asta didnt waste any time. The first thing she did was pull her fur hood over her head, she then tightened all her items to her, next she looked for Shageon.

"Shageon!" Asta called out, not movin. She the heard her name, and moved slowly towards it. After awhile, Asta saw an outline of a figure. "Shageon!"

The figure can into focus. It was definitely Shageon, his hands were on his sword. Asta raised an hand and waved. "Here! I'm here!"

excitement

"Shush!" Shageon says and turns around behind her so they're back to back "sorry to snap but we shouldn't make anymore loud noises." He obviously is nervous and cold "let's get out of here. The exit was this way?" He starts walking to the left

WallyD

Asta shrugged. She got turned around, what was left was now right. She followed and saw movement to her right, making her freeze. Asta reached out tugging on Shageon's coat.

"There." She said pointing. "There's something moveing in the snow. We need to be on gua-"

Asta was lifted up and ripped away from Shageon, thrown into the snow.

excitement

Asta disappearing like that takes Shageon completely off guard; he had expected a lot more warning in the quiet and low visibility of the snow storm. Cursing himself for his complacency, he runs after Asta, hoping that he isn't too late

WallyD

Asta blinked the snow out of her eyes, the wind knocked out of her. She turned on her side, sitting up and looked around. Trying to control her breathing, Asta shifted through the snow looking for her knife while she watched the snowy area around her.

excitement

Shageon emerges from the void of snow and sees her too late, tripping over her and falling onto the snow a few steps away. "Where did it go?!" He says standing up quickly, not harmed from his fall too much because the snow cushioned landing

WallyD

Asta was able to find the hilt of her kinfe when something stepped on her, kicking her over as it fell. Asta lept up, knife
ready to slice what it was when she noticed that it was Shageon. Asta gasped and lowered the knife, bearly hearing what Shageon said.

"I, um... I don't know. Something threw me. We need to get out, we can't be walking blind with this thing around."

excitement

"We need to stay put and put our  backs against something substantial. We have no idea how to get out of here... let's just wander around until we hit something we can put our backs to or the edge of the forest and then go from there." He starts moving in the same direction he was going when running after the enemy "in case this is your end, do you have any last words?"

WallyD

Asta blinked at Shageon, suddenly her head shot up and she started to laugh. She looked back at Shageon and covered her mouth, shorting and chuckling.

"I apologise," she said tying to get her laughter under control, "I do believe Shageon that you forget that we are children of Hyoite. It'll take more than one demon to take us down."

She took a deep breath, all her giggles gone. She raised her free hand and placed it in a fist over her heart. "I am also a York. We have stone as skin, steal as bones. I will not fall from something that cowers behind shadow." She grinned and placed her back against his and nodded. "We do your plan, and we don't talk about last words. We leave those for when we are old and in bed."

excitement

"That much family pride is gonna get you killed someday" Shageon mutters, wishing he could put that in his notebook as well but there's no time. "Do you have something to call your tribe over to help us? A conch horn perhaps?"

WallyD

Asta shook her head.

"No I don't have anything. Even if I did, no one could hear us. Zeek maybe, but he didn't pack anything that will help." Asta said. She paused, thinking. She wasn't sure if it would​ work but it was better than not knowing.

"I'm not very good at, we don't have anyone in the tribe who can use magic so I never bothered tried to control it." Asta said, looking up and Shageon. "I can, in a way, bend the wind and snow to my will. But like I said I can't really control it." She said quickly, "like I can't do it in the spot but when I'm mad it just... Comes out. It's unpredictable, sometimes the air drops and no one can breath, othertimes I can create a blizzard like this one."

excitement

He raises an eyebrow "now we're talking... what happens if you're in the air drop? Can you breathe or would you have to drop the spell?" Shageon stares at her for a second, thinking of how to use this strategically. The demon uses this distraction to do the same thing to Shageon it did to Asta; picking him up and dragging him away with lightning speed for a couple dozen yards before fading into the blizzard. The entire time, Shageon is screaming until he to gets the wind knocked out of him.

WallyD

Asta panics and try to grab him but was unable to. Following his screams she moved quickly, trying to follow it. She stopped as soon as Shageon did.

Asta could hear her heartbreat pounding in her ears, she crouched low and tried to imagine the snow parting so she could see. After a few seconds nothing happening, she gave up.

"Shageon.' Asta called out as quickly as one can during a blizzard. I need to be angered... she thought. Asta stood up and pulled her hood down, trying to get a wider view. "Come out here, demon! The York family brought down your kind before, we'll do it again!" Asta had her arms out wide, open for attack.

"I want to see the snow soaked in your blood! Come on, you cow-" Asta was tackled from the front, falling into the snow.

excitement

Shageon limps over to where Asta is yelling her taunts and sees her just in time for the demon's tackle. With the ease and speed that tells of much practice, Shageon pulls his book out of his bag, rips out the last page, and throws it like a frisbee. It burns up in a whoosh without a trace. As the last of the paper burns up, its spell is activated; triggering time for every nonhuman thing to go much slower for only five seconds. The snow flakes seem to float in the air. The noise from the tackle becomes lower and reverberates for longer. Shageon is too far away to hit the demon with his sword within the five seconds so he continues running at the demon, hoping Asta does something smart with her time.